• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2188 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Flak_88

Cheap Typhoon Rum [Viridian]

Is there any excuse for Typhoon island selling Rum on an established ocean cheaper then any player is selling it? Just because it's an event island doesn't mean it should undercut everyone else, make it reasonable but not dirt cheap please.

Edit- my crewbies told me it's bought all dockside, well at least raise your prices, you aren't providing a convenience, just a juicy target for traders to come take all the stuff from.

Whisked from Game Design to Viridian Parley. - Faulkston
----------------------------------------
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Faulkston at Nov 5, 2006 9:02:15 AM]
[May 10, 2006 2:39:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Re: Cheap Typhoon Rum [Viridian]

Works for them if they're making a profit on the markup. I used to try to do something like that at Gaea, and it was marginally succesful. The ship goods had high turnover, and we siphoned all the large and medium cbs off to the military stash. Paint moved pretty well, but the couple gold ores we passed on were great - something like a 5k cut for us, 5k for the trader who made the run.

I also kept a list on the notice board of which commodities were good trading goods at the time, and where they could be sold, for how much profit. I don't know if commodity trader was working at the time, but advertising which items were profitable to ship in and out definitely picked things up.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[May 10, 2006 6:05:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Why do OM's need to make money trading Rum and shot?
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 10, 2006 9:53:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Oh yeah... event island... brain fart.

Uh... to pay for um... the... um... defenss...

I got nothing.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[May 10, 2006 10:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

PoE sink?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[May 10, 2006 10:33:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ruddigore

To the best of my knowledge, event island rum isn't magicked from anywhere; the fort just has buy and sell prices set, and any commods it has to sell have been brought there by player traders. Provided the buy is lower than the sell, which it is, I don't see how this can be undercutting anyone other than price-fixers.
Ruthven, FO Yarr Talk, Cerulean
Despard, SO Fer Crown and Fortune, Emerald
[May 11, 2006 12:42:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.spod-central.org/~psmith/ [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates