• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 14
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2100 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
afrodite_23

Commodities...

Does anyone have any idea why commods are so scarse or expensive lately?? It started with sugar.. now wood.. If this continues we won't be able to pillage any longer.. we won't have enough poe to restock the boats..

any ideas??
----------------------------------------
Afrodite (all oceans)
Captain of -Virtute et Armis- (Hunter)
Princess of Wasted Potential (Hunter)
[May 3, 2006 9:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Re: Commodities...

It's a player based economy, if things are scarce it's because prices aren't high enough to spawn enough from the merchants - as far as I know.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[May 4, 2006 3:43:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
afrodite_23

It's a player based economy, if things are scarce it's because prices aren't high enough to spawn enough from the merchants - as far as I know.

I know.. but wood, which was sold by bots at 20 (or less), when it was cheap, and 25 when it was high, is now at 35 and not sold, as far as I can tell..

/me wants to know who is messing up prices..

;)
Afrodite (all oceans)
Captain of -Virtute et Armis- (Hunter)
Princess of Wasted Potential (Hunter)
[May 4, 2006 4:44:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jasonhau

I know.. but wood, which was sold by bots at 20 (or less), when it was cheap, and 25 when it was high, is now at 35 and not sold, as far as I can tell..

;)

You guys got that right..Its becoming almost impossible to sail Onyx anymore...prices are rum are reaching 3-digits!
GARR!!!
And to think that less than a week ago, Fintan had the cheapest rum in the whole darn ocean..now 3/4 of the stalls are closed because they can't afford the rent...tsk tsk...
Haurus, Viridian Ocean

Lotsofgoats wrote:

"a=pi*r^2 so the circumference of the area bound by the curve of probability is divisible by the odds of Chuck Norris arm wrestling Jesus in a pool full of cherry jello "

[May 4, 2006 10:00:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kenku178

;)

You guys got that right..Its becoming almost impossible to sail Onyx anymore...prices are rum are reaching 3-digits!
GARR!!!
And to think that less than a week ago, Fintan had the cheapest rum in the whole darn ocean..now 3/4 of the stalls are closed because they can't afford the rent...tsk tsk...

Aye...and it doesn't make a lick of sense even in Jade....I mean...Sugar Cane on Kirin is running 15poe a unit(up from what had to have been between 6 and 7, comparing old rum prices to new), and still is netting 2000 units in orders...
Wilden of the Viridian Ocean
Fleet Officer of De Novo
Former Member of:
Blitz Republic
Booty Snatchers
The White Krakens
Warriors Down Under
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Kenku178 at May 4, 2006 10:38:35 PM]
[May 4, 2006 10:30:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MikeBerry

If the incredible price rise is purely due to player activity, then someone somewhere must be buying and using enormous amounts of these commodities.

Or is it possible that the Ringers have increased prices somehow so that we are all poorer, and need to buy dubloons for real money so that we can survive?

The only other possibility I can think of is that it is linked somehow to Hunter opening. Maybe less people are shippping the commodities? I dunno, I am not clever enough - lol

PS and what's up with the dates on this forum .... July 2005 ... I thought it was May 2006 ...
Moggle
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MikeBerry at May 5, 2006 6:55:40 AM]
[May 5, 2006 6:54:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Valien

PS and what's up with the dates on this forum .... July 2005 ... I thought it was May 2006 ...

That's the date ye joined YPP :)
Valien ~ Breathing in Viridian's salty air since July 05.
[May 5, 2006 7:49:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chumpmonkey.com [Link]  Go to top 
Nepherasta

It's the curse of the sea monkies. . . . don't look in the water.

And lock ye doors at night.
Arachne- Fleet Officer of Dark Horizon and member of the flag Brink of Dawn on Viridian.

Kehle's Pirate Logs
[May 5, 2006 9:59:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ramilog.blogspot.com/    Mekehlee [Link]  Go to top 
pottsas

Alas The Crisis has died down, but for how long? I didn't see a drop in prices until I brough about 700 units of Sugar Cane from Napi Peak to Dragons Nest. I sold most of it to myself and Afrodite.
I think that ppl have taken their dubs to Hunter and also there can not be enough brigands bringing commodities to the Island. Maybe they lose it along the way, I dont know. But it can't just be that one person is buying it all.

It took almost three hours sailing fast with about 10 battles to get my merch to DN from Napi Peak. I did this over a two day span, with half of a crew. We got attacked and lost some, but got most of it home.

Should we all become merchants to make a profit?

One more episode of this and I may not withstand the high prices. I may close shop. Tis a shame because I like to always have atleast 10 days orders in waiting, and I know I couldn't get supplies for almost two weeks.

Ridiculuous

~ Pottsas
[May 10, 2006 9:13:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tilghman

i brought 7k units of iron from tiger to lima and made a crap load of profit i think i netted around 21k profit but then again ive always been a merchant so if anyone needs iron let me know ill be glad to bring it to your stall i sell it for 12 poe each
The One The Only LeOgO
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Tilghman at May 11, 2006 8:59:53 AM]
[May 11, 2006 8:57:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/exorcistian    PunkingSatan [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Long Long ago, I bought 5k units of iron on Tiger for 5 poe each, think I sold that to someone after TLM was blockaded.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[May 11, 2006 6:37:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jasonhau

prices of wood are going crazy...just a week ago it was 35...now it has dropped down to 17...many a business owner is going to make a huge loss because of this.
/me stuck wif 500 units of 25poe wood...
lol
Haurus, Viridian Ocean

Lotsofgoats wrote:

"a=pi*r^2 so the circumference of the area bound by the curve of probability is divisible by the odds of Chuck Norris arm wrestling Jesus in a pool full of cherry jello "

[May 11, 2006 10:37:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

/e cashes in on the faster wood spawns by stocking up with 8000 wood so far, when will he stop?
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 12, 2006 8:07:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Viposse

hmmm...merchat brigands sold me wood at 17 poe 2 days ago...only 56 units, but still...
[May 12, 2006 2:34:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates