• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 59
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5644 times and has 58 replies Next Thread
Nemor

Re: Defense of Napi Peak and Prolix Purlieu 4/30/06

Again, I wonder if there was any intent around the drop time to negate some of Star Explorers strength with an 'unpleasant' 4-30am Monday Australian start.

The only thing considered with the drop time was the element of surprise. As a flag, we have been rumored as to have taking advantage of holidays and other real life occurances. With this, I think you all give us more credit for being evil than we deserve.
----------------------------------------
Previous King of Vanguard.

Nemor
Me carping
[Apr 30, 2006 11:40:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
Saint_Death

I like Terra.

Teehee
mcfunky wrote: 
you can't really complain... unless of course your name is saintdeath and complaining is your actual job.

[May 1, 2006 2:55:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
srb196

Well Vanguard own napi now
/me hopes it will turn out better then Terra

Napi is already turning into a trash heap like Terra, and they haven't even owned it for 24 hours. Why?

- The legend of Napi was on the island news for all to read and understand the naming scheme and significance of the island design. That has been replaced with rubish and sexual inuendos.

- the building naming scheme has been obliterated by them placing two shops directly at the docks named Vanguard Memorial (shop type here)

- They have already begun destroying the layout of the island by placing those buildings directly in front of another one and blocking it in.

- I had taxes set at 10%...fulfilling my promise to help the economy in Garnet thrive. They have already raised it to 30% with no promise of it coming down, and a threat to increase it to 100% if the island is attacked.

I find it very hard to believe that Vanguard received so much support in attacking Napi after what they did to Terra. Did any of you REALLY think that Vanguard wouldn't destroy the island?
Amoreth
Has-been
And on the 8th day God created Amoreth to pillage the high seas
[May 1, 2006 4:05:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yohohobob

Aye i thought it wouldn't turn out good if they owned it thats why I jobbed with Reg and on taking a look at napi just now it looks bad and it will soon be wost terra i think. Maybe Reg will blockade it next week to save the island? /me begs
Madyohoho SO of Di Cerberus-Retired
Lord of Arcana Imperii(Viridian)[quote]Remember, I'm the one that sits back and giggles at you mates while sipping masttails in my pajamas. Besides, Y!PP isn't a game; it's a way of life
[May 1, 2006 4:41:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Labyrinth Moors blockade will also be next week. That’s for sure. If Req decide to drop on Napi, well have two sinking blockades in one weekend.

Just one plea, for the lub of Nemo can ye please come up with more original names than Suicide King Memorial (Shoppe type)...
Ask flaggies, ask hearties, run competitions if ye can think of other names.
Triggster.
On all oceans, but mainly Viridian.
Captain of Trigonometry. Lord and former royal of RiddleMakers.
[May 1, 2006 6:30:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

Labyrinth Moors blockade will also be next week. That?s for sure. If Req decide to drop on Napi, well have two sinking blockades in one weekend.

Just one plea, for the lub of Nemo can ye please come up with more original names than Suicide King Memorial (Shoppe type)...
Ask flaggies, ask hearties, run competitions if ye can think of other names.

Um they have changed it to Vanguard memorial ...

Isn't it asking too much that they show more imagination?
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[May 1, 2006 7:52:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

I'm not much on island placement, but is Calais the only person in the ocean to figure out that you place the dock entry shops FIRST? It's the only place where non-minimap walkins helps business, and everyone always saves it so long that eventually whoever conquers the island uses that spot.
Flakcannon, on all English Oceans, except that imposter on Malachite.
Farming, cleaning up your poo, and making you drink it.
[May 1, 2006 8:49:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I'm not much on island placement, but is Calais the only person in the ocean to figure out that you place the dock entry shops FIRST? It's the only place where non-minimap walkins helps business, and everyone always saves it so long that eventually whoever conquers the island uses that spot.

They want their islands to be parks, not places of business. Logically, all businesses would want to be as close to the dock as physically possible with houses, the palace, and non-allied shops set further back. Hey, that's how the Ringers and real life port cities do it. They can't be too wrong. I wouldn't mind what Calias was doing so much if he wasn't paving over commod spawns. Someone might actually want to build a ship instead of a shipyard on Terra, you know. Also, he never pays enough to build the places or work there. 6/6/6 wasn't clever since Jr. High. Get over it and start forking over those double digits.

Personally, I think inland shipyards are the stupidiest things ever. It just seems so improbable, but there they are, all 500 of them. That's really my only pet peeve in island design.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[May 1, 2006 9:57:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

I wouldn't mind what Calias was doing so much if he wasn't paving over commod spawns.

To my knowledge, Calais has never destroyed a commodity on Terra. Why do you think you cannot walk anywhere?

Also, he never pays enough to build the places or work there. 6/6/6 wasn't clever since Jr. High. Get over it and start forking over those double digits.

Two words: labor alt. If you have enough of them, and keep them up; you dont need anyone to do your puzzles. You actually lose money if someone were to do the puzzles because this inhibits the labor alt from gathering the labor and keeping the poe within the fiscal circle.

Nemor
Me carping
[May 1, 2006 10:36:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

6/6/6 at doubloon prices is about breakeven. Basically if you want to work here and save me some alts I won't lose any money if you do type wages.

Goto Hunter for labor nirvana, by end of today I'll have made my badge cost back in 3 days.
[May 1, 2006 10:49:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

A hearty of mine who recently had a shop built on Terra said that his was built over a commod spawn. So, he's done it at least once.

Also, my tarting about his wages has nothing to do with Calias's or Vanguard's labor alts. I'm talking about my labor alts, which are the only ones I really care about. My alts know no allegiance except to Expert Shipwright Labor. I've worked in enemy flag shops and haven't felt gulity at all, because they were paying 30 for expert. Spread the wealth, tightwads!
[May 1, 2006 10:52:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Re: Defense of Napi Peak and Prolix Purlieu 4/30/06: 540 PoE /rd!!

I know why one crew showed up in force to help Vanguard.

Being courted by a flag is a lovely thing.
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[May 1, 2006 10:57:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemor

A hearty of mine who recently had a shop built on Terra said that his was built over a commod spawn. So, he's done it at least once.

"My knowledge" of the commodities on Terra was up until last weekend. So if any commods were destroyed, it took place in the last week. And why did your hearty buy the stall if they knew it was destroying the national wildlife reserve that is Terra?

Spread the wealth, tightwads!

Think about what Calais has taught the ocean...
- He packs buildings into Terra. Why? Because he wants to destroy the island? No. Its because it makes him money. Everything comes down to money.
- Why does he place a tailor stall next to the dock? To anger you because it is blocking a path? No. Because you can click on it from the dock and greenies love to buy clothes.
- Why does he name the building Suicide King or Vanguard Memorial? To anger you? No. Because... Well actually, yes it probably is to anger you a bit, but think of the product placement opportunity. Nothing like a billboard on the docks. ;)

Why do I love my flag? Is it because I have a lust for being a manically evil person? No. Its because everything Calais has done has made perfect logical business sense (to me). Can what Vanguard does seem to be controversial and possibly rude? Sometimes, it is, but it takes money to win and keep islands. We, just like you, will do what we need to do to keep ourselves filled with delusions of grandeur.

Nemor
Me carping
[May 1, 2006 11:17:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Skype: nemor1 [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

"My knowledge" of the commodities on Terra was up until last weekend. So if any commods were destroyed, it took place in the last week. And why did your hearty buy the stall if they knew it was destroying the national wildlife reserve that is Terra?

That's between said hearty, who is in Vanguard, by the way, and Calias. It wasn't my decision to make.

Think about what Calais has taught the ocean...
- He packs buildings into Terra. Why? Because he wants to destroy the island? No. Its because it makes him money. Everything comes down to money.
- Why does he place a tailor stall next to the dock? To anger you because it is blocking a path? No. Because you can click on it from the dock and greenies love to buy clothes.
- Why does he name the building Suicide King or Vanguard Memorial? To anger you? No. Because... Well actually, yes it probably is to anger you a bit, but think of the product placement opportunity. Nothing like a billboard on the docks. ;)

Why do I love my flag? Is it because I have a lust for being a manically evil person? No. Its because everything Calais has done has made perfect logical business sense (to me). Can what Vanguard does seem to be controversial and possibly rude? Sometimes, it is, but it takes money to win and keep islands. We, just like you, will do what we need to do to keep ourselves filled with delusions of grandeur.

Didn't you read the part where I didn't mind what he was doing? Terra was ugly sans buildings, in my opinion (I never did like the Beach (Rocky) tile). I was much more annoyed at him last week because I was hunting down Expert labor and I kept getting scuppering cheap Suicide King for my shipwright mission. The other shipyards in Jade didn't have much expert. Even P4P was failing me and they're rich AND pay decent wages. That will piss anyone off after the tenth alt or so.

Hey, at least Parley is getting tarty again!
[May 1, 2006 12:20:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Sunk 3 or 4 times, no injuries, probably got paid, and if I didn't, I've got enough I didn't notice. Must say requiem certainly took their time getting ships loaded, remember several times when I had to ask multiple times just to get a ship name, once it was already full and in the blockade. Hopefully that was just the newness of running multiple blockades at the same time.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[May 1, 2006 12:27:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Flak_88

Sunk 3 or 4 times, no injuries, probably got paid, and if I didn't, I've got enough I didn't notice. Must say requiem certainly took their time getting ships loaded, remember several times when I had to ask multiple times just to get a ship name, once it was already full and in the blockade. Hopefully that was just the newness of running multiple blockades at the same time.

Such happens when the person you thought was doing that has to go, and nobody else has the list. Still love that I had Scup get on a supposedly stocked boat and then deport to find it had nothing. Which wasn't too bad except he quickly stocked it, and then once out on the board, notice he got rum alright, but 400 small shot doesn't shoot out of warfrigs fine. Cost us round 1 PP, triple booch, stocker, me and Scup.
[May 1, 2006 12:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    habhabhabhab [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Did any of you REALLY think that Vanguard wouldn't destroy the island?

We knew they would "destroy" the island. But, I think a lot of us like when flags blockade, and will support anyone who will give us consistent action. Also, a few flags I talked to felt brushed off by Req. I know other flags, and I personally, not offically, supported VG simply because they asked for it. Req on the other hand didn't contact myself or a few other flags, who happened to be allies currently or in the past, even once.
Don't pave me, please!
For real this time wrote: 
but I shall no longer take any active part in the game, on any ocean.

Join the local PPA - Puzzle Pirates Anonymous, coming to a town near you!
[May 1, 2006 1:39:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

Here are my reasons for not liking this, excluding high taxes.

- Zane took god knows how many months to fix Cnossos.

- Cnossos wasn't as bad as Terra.

- Zane was the only person even willing to do it.

- I sure as hell aren't.

We've now got two islands that are basically worthless to anybody short of the evil dictator line, and one that would appear to only be blockaded to save ourselves from another Terra. That isn't playing for profit. That's called saving the ocean. And Calais ain't no scupperin' super hero.
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[May 1, 2006 4:28:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Triggster said: Labyrinth Moors blockade will also be next week. That's for sure.

1. Can I quote you on that? /em smells a Riddlemakers intent for LM thread coming on...
2. Mates, it has been a good, long while since Viridian has had someone with the balls, the money, and the brains to try to take over the entire ocean, or at least an archipelago. For a lot of people, the constant struggle of emotions for a bunch of pixels is the only thing that makes this game worthwhile. I personally cannot think of anything better than going out in a good, 4 or 5 round sinking blockade, doing my best to beat the other guy, then having everyone hang out at the docks and tart about it. The thing that is the big attraction here is the constant excitement that these Req's, these VG's, these P4P's, bring to the ocean. This is the best part of the game, IMO. Do not ruin the greatness of this because of a few people being upset about the looks or taxes of Terra. Calais is a brilliant businessman, he does what he does to get money for him and his flag.

EDIT: Screwed up the quotes and tried to fix it about 4 times..ugh.
Desmagicus

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatmas Gandhi
[Edit 3 times, last edit by juventus1 at May 1, 2006 5:18:24 PM]
[May 1, 2006 5:12:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Des wrote: 
1. Can I quote you on that? /em smells a Riddlemakers intent for LM thread coming on...

The Crown and PotP are working together at Laby. That is a fact.
Don't pave me, please!

[May 1, 2006 6:32:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

That's assuming Trigg knew about that....meh, maybe I'm the only one to see it, or maybe it's only in my head, but I'm convinced Trigg just let slip that RM will be dropping too...
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 1, 2006 6:45:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
IceColdFire

As quoted by Onemurdoc, "The whole ocean probably knows already."
-Twiggy

Zezuma says, "what type of ship is this"
Jiiggsaw says, "i think a war fridge"

[May 1, 2006 9:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

Can I quote you on that? /em smells a Riddlemakers intent for LM thread coming on...

Yes, ye can quote me.

Yes, there will be a thread coming along soon.

Also heard Ellipse will going for it as well. If they still are, Im not 100% sure.

Yep, I Have seen the crowns flag statment. "We Will Be Attacking Labrnayith Moors May 6th. Ye Have Fair Warning"

I thought they did as well.
Triggster.
[May 2, 2006 8:46:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kuframan

Also heard Ellipse will going for it as well. If they still are, Im not 100% sure.

I can confirm that we are not going for it.
Dragonblade
Vanguard
Saintdeath tells you, "Dude, to buy 20 million poe with CC is 4k dollars."
Saintdeath tells you, "That's a lot of beer, man."
[May 2, 2006 10:15:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
foudetimbres

We Will Be Attacking Labrnayith Moors May 6th. Ye Have Fair Warning"

They must know something we don't. Where is this mystical isle?
Dirtyfoot
Senior Officer of the British Eagles

Eurydice wrote: 
Hee! I like that Glaucus was forced to take the name "Glaucus" because that was the sound you made in your throat before spitting the winning gum.

[May 2, 2006 11:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
moler22190

Yep, I Have seen the crowns flag statment. "We Will Be Attacking Labrnayith Moors May 6th. Ye Have Fair Warning"

PotP is splitting the island with them. I think each flag thinks they'll hold the island though, so it'll be interesting if The Crown/PotP wins.
Don't pave me, please!

[May 2, 2006 1:29:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    moler22190 [Link]  Go to top 
black_beard7

PotP is splitting the island with them. I think each flag thinks they'll hold the island though, so it'll be interesting if The Crown/PotP wins.

Hope it causes conflict. Between them flags anyway...
Triggster.
[May 2, 2006 1:31:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
juventus1

Eh, so I didn't log on one day this week. My bad, XD.

Ok, so we got Riddlemakers, PotP/The Crown, and anyone else who drops...I've heard Beat to Quarters mentioned too, I think. Anywho, should be quite the throwdown, can't wait to see you all there. =)
Desmagicus

-Mahatmas Gandhi
[May 2, 2006 2:18:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
goodomen

I like Terra.

Teehee

That makes one of us.

--- Goodomen

Captain and trader of Encore on Viridian
Member of the flag Riddlemakers on Viridian
goodomen viridian
[May 2, 2006 3:04:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 59   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates