• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 53
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 13955 times and has 52 replies Next Thread
lorkiria

Rendered eggs

Since the eggs looked so nifty, I thought I'd run the patterns through the renderer and put them here without clogging up the entries thread. I didn't do the ones that already have 'em rendered in the entry thread and I didn't render ones that weren't bitmap (PNG). This is all thanks to the free trial for 3DS and Illustrate!, but really wouldn't be possible without Ponytailguy's lovely tutorial on how to render the things. Anyhow, don't ask me to turn the eggs more for designs that were off center because....I don't know how. Hopefully my free 1and1 account won't die from this.

Side note: Although it's not extremely evident since this is only the front view & top view of the rendered version, some of the entries don't actually wrap correctly. If you're not sure what's meant by proper wrapping, just take your entry image and put two of them side by side without spaces between the two copies. If it looks funny and the two edges don't match, then you need to fix your design.

Please check the info at the bottom of this post about what's been done on successive edits.

- Guppy

Aldure wrote: 

Benzene265 wrote: 

Brendbee wrote: 

Cloverwood wrote: 

CountCristo wrote: 

dcyborg wrote: 

Debbiedoo wrote: 

Discordia wrote: 

Dylan_Holser wrote: 

D4rk0n3 wrote: 

Eity wrote: 

Fewmets wrote: 

Fiddlesticks wrote: 

Frejja wrote: 

Furyoku wrote: 

g0ren wrote: 

Happymonkeys wrote: 

Hondamugen20 wrote: 

JCorrado wrote: 

Kaalvoet wrote: 

Kellywizkid wrote: 

Kth38 wrote: 

LadyJain wrote: 

LexiconDul wrote: 

Lorkiria wrote: 

Maadneet wrote: 

Marskiel wrote: 

Montblanc wrote: 

Mystery17 wrote: 

NikoGold wrote: 

PogoJones wrote: 

Richocet wrote: 

Rkanecao wrote: 

Ruined_ashes wrote: 

Shazwilky wrote: 

Shorty_Jack wrote: 

Squashbuckle wrote: 

Sseth wrote: 

Stowaway1693 wrote: 

Synful wrote: 

Synnah23 wrote: 

Thespian wrote: 

Warchamp7 wrote: 

Werbak wrote: 

Xalija wrote: 

Zidione_ wrote: 

Folks whose entries aren't in PNG format and need to switch to it & PM me if they want theirs in this post (and to be accepted as an entry since PNG is in the specifications): angel00 and Dark_Viper.

Edit: Added Kellywizkid's.
Edit^2: Switched to the in game look/size, please note that I'm waiting on confirmation as to whether or not the top view in the second line is going to be used or not in game or for judging. Also switched directories to avoid image caching issues for folks who have previously viewd this post. Added d4rk0n3's and updated Thespian's. Added list of folks whose entries aren't in PNG. If you edit your post or change your entries, please PM me to get me to update your rendered eggs (otherwise I might not notice).
Edit^3: Added dcyborg's.
Edit^4: Updated Benzene265's & Thespian's. Added Werbak's. Switched all the images to 640x480 renders and unlike muffins, apparently the tops aren't wanted. ;)
Edit^5: Added maadneet's.
Edit^6: Added debbiedoo's & updated Thespian's.
Edit^7: Added Dylan_Holser's and Montblac's.
Edit^8: Updated: Cloverwood, D4rk0n3, LadyJain, Montblanc, Thespian
Edit^9: Added Kaalvoet.
Edit^10: Added Furyoko & PogoJones.
Edit^11: Updated Furyoko & Synful. Added Eity & Zidione_.
Edit^12: Added brendbee & kth38, Fixified CountCristo, d4rk0n3, debbiedoo, fiddlesticks, g0ren, & Thespian.
Edit^13: Added Shorty_Jack. Updated CountCristo, Kaalvoet & Thespian.
Edit^14: As long as I'm doing this....

Edit^15: Added Aldure, fewmets, happymonkeys, LexiconDul, NikoGold, rkanecao & sseth. Updated Benzene265, brendbee, CountCristo, d4rk0n3, debbiedoo, fiddlesticks & Synful.

Edit^15.4: Added the sneaksies hobbitses ssetheses's last second two entries.
Edit^15.5: Did a final entry thread check-over and noticed another hobbitses - Thespian.
- Guppy
----------------------------------------
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Edit 23 times, last edit by lorkiria at Mar 22, 2006 6:37:56 PM]
[Mar 14, 2006 8:07:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Re: Rendered eggs

Love ya, guppster ;)

/em goes to link in his post from original topic to stop the flow of requests
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Mar 14, 2006 8:31:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I did shrink the face enough!

Because I have a graphics editor that can use photoshop filters, I used the left-right wrap filter from this site to test my eggs. It only works on a merged image, so remember to do it on a copy, and not the originals.

Marskiel's cracked egg still pwns all three of mine, though.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Mar 14, 2006 9:12:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Don't mean to be a bother... but for the rabbit one (mostly white one, at the end of my entries), is it possible to rotate that? Or should I just offset it so that the face is in the middle?

And thank you so much for doing this :) I'd been bugging PTG enough, I think.
Sisqi

Midnight- now in Phresh Phoenix Phlavour

[Mar 14, 2006 10:53:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Thank you so much, Guppy! I think its great to see my patterns rendered as eggs. I am very pleased..:)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 14, 2006 11:11:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ruined_ashes

wow mine looks ewwy...but thanks for showin meh
I sometimes do avatars!
Book on Obsidian
Bookly on Emerald
[Mar 14, 2006 11:11:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Hahaha, you have a 1and1 account too? I kept expecting mine to die last november but it's still bizarrely active. Only went over my bandwidth once. Yay bitchin' free promo buddy!
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Mar 15, 2006 12:34:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Gotagota wrote: 
Hahaha, you have a 1and1 account too? I kept expecting mine to die last november but it's still bizarrely active. Only went over my bandwidth once. Yay bitchin' free promo buddy!

Another friend that grabbed one as well did some searching for me and apparently it's a 3 year free trial, not a 2 year one. I'd been frantically trying to switch some crappola for a species searching script and was mystified that it kept working too. At least that's the trial we'd signed up for. Their entire system is weird, took me forever to figure out where the cancellation server was to cancel a domain that I transferred to someone else.

stowaway1693 wrote: 
Don't mean to be a bother... but for the rabbit one (mostly white one, at the end of my entries), is it possible to rotate that? Or should I just offset it so that the face is in the middle?

If you can offset it so the face is in the middle, I can keep the images "standardized." Just PM me to make sure I change yours to the new one. While you're working on it, it looks like you need to make the lines thicker and/or make the tail bigger at least since I believe that should be showing up in this orientation.

- Guppy
"There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy." - Henry Miller
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lorkiria at Mar 15, 2006 6:23:04 AM]
[Mar 15, 2006 6:21:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Guppy, I tremendously appreciate the effort to do these... but can you make the renders using the camera? Otherwise it's somewhat misleading of how it will look in the scene.
[Mar 15, 2006 11:20:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Guppy, I tremendously appreciate the effort to do these... but can you make the renders using the camera? Otherwise it's somewhat misleading of how it will look in the scene.

I can if you can give me directions on how to do that. Right now the 44.5whatever camera isn't zoomed in and makes a teeny tiny speck which is why I did the left view. I'll be happy to do all of 'em for the whole entry thread up to the deadline (hee luckily the trial lasts as long as that I think) if I know I'm actually doing them in a correct, useful way.

- Guppy

Edit^2: Wheee...got the directions from Nemo. For those of you also playing with 3DS Max, just use the camera angle and render at 640x480. I'll regenerate & crop the entries in the first post hopefully tonight and post a note when they're up. This time I'll do all of 'em (well the proper bitmap png ones that is).
[Edit 2 times, last edit by lorkiria at Mar 17, 2006 7:18:11 AM]
[Mar 15, 2006 11:26:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Click in a viewport (I'd suggest the User one, if you don't mind booching a pre-set view), then use your camera controls.

Camera controls are in the bottom right corner. The one that looks like an acute angle allows you to pan up and down to change the angle, the hand allows you to move the viewpoint (left, right, up and down), the circle with the arrows allows you to rotate around the object, and the magnifying glass allows you to mess with zooming. (You can also click the cube with the corners to immediately zoom to the closest you can get to the object while still seeing all of it.)
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ponytailguy at Mar 15, 2006 11:41:23 AM]
[Mar 15, 2006 11:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Okey, used Nemo's specs to generate a new set of thingees including a top view. Please read the edit notes at the bottom of the first post.

I'll probably end up uploading these to the YPPedia to archive all the nifty entries in the Art namespace.

- Guppy
[Mar 15, 2006 1:17:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Here's a little something that might help some of you with the visualization of how it will be rendered.

This is the design. The dot is roughly in the middle, so watch where it appears in the rendering and it will help you get what you want to be seen where it needs to be.

Here is the rendered image from this design:

Watch how the lines are wrapped, how they look when shrunk down to in game size, and how the lighting will change your colors.

I hope this helps you all make even more lovely eggs.

- Guppy

Edit: Fix to correct sized render.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by lorkiria at Mar 16, 2006 6:41:16 PM]
[Mar 15, 2006 1:29:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Ok, I've updated my fifth entry. If you have the time, I would appreciate seeing how it looks now.

Thanks so much! (even if you don't get the chance to update it :))
Sisqi

[Mar 15, 2006 7:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Ok, I've updated my fifth entry. If you have the time, I would appreciate seeing how it looks now.

Thanks so much! (even if you don't get the chance to update it :))

New & improved bunny's been reuploaded. You may have to either reload it manually or wait for your browser cache to clear or something or another. Load this up and if it doesn't look different than the earlier version, hit reload and see if that refreshes your cache: http://s94402343.onlinehome.us/rendereggs/stowaway169350000.png
http://s94402343.onlinehome.us/rendereggs/stowaway169350001.png

- Guppy
[Mar 15, 2006 7:43:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prometheus
OceanMaster

You're absolutely nutters but in the most wonderful way.

-Pro
[Mar 15, 2006 9:33:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com [Link]  Go to top 
stowaway1693

Worked perfectly the first time, I guess I waited long enough for the cache to clear :)

Thanks, it looks much better
Sisqi

[Mar 15, 2006 9:39:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Actually, I just realized I gave Guppy the wrong information. They're rendered at 640x480, not 800x600. And they should be rendered at frame 0, not frame 1. Sorry, Gup. Thanks very very much for your effort in helping the contestants.

edit I think it was that Screenshots thread. How many times can I say "800x600 24-bit pngs" without it leaking into the rest of my brain?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Nemo at Mar 16, 2006 9:22:36 AM]
[Mar 16, 2006 9:20:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Actually, I just realized I gave Guppy the wrong information. They're rendered at 640x480, not 800x600. And they should be rendered at frame 0, not frame 1. Sorry, Gup. Thanks very very much for your effort in helping the contestants.

edit I think it was that Screenshots thread. How many times can I say "800x600 24-bit pngs" without it leaking into the rest of my brain?

Oh, I know how that goes, Nemo. So what exactly does that mean for the eggs?
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Mar 16, 2006 10:51:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Everyone's egg entries are still legal, if sometimes too detailed. It's just that I've made Guppy re-do her renders.
[Mar 16, 2006 11:46:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

Nemo wrote: 

I'm resisting the urge to go to that thread and post some 640x480's in retaliation ;)

New and improved correct sized renders now up. Hit reload on this post if Benzene's looks like it has two different sizes because you've gotta renab the images. I have to admit the guppy egg made me giggle horribly.

As mentioned before, please PM me if you update your entries post & need your renders updated or added to.

- Guppy
[Mar 16, 2006 6:43:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

You rock, Rhodin ^_^

And I'm extremely fond of the one Shaz did that looks like an icing sugar doiley pattern on a chocolate cake. Yummy.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Mar 16, 2006 7:15:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

I refreshed and dumped my cache and my first three eggs still look the same! Does 1 and 1 do the same annoying thing that Photobucket does and require you to delete your old images before uploading new ones?
[Mar 16, 2006 8:25:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

I refreshed and dumped my cache and my first three eggs still look the same! Does 1 and 1 do the same annoying thing that Photobucket does and require you to delete your old images before uploading new ones?

Try hitting reload on these links:
http://s94402343.onlinehome.us/rendereggs/Benzene2650000.png
http://s94402343.onlinehome.us/rendereggs/Benzene26520000.png
http://s94402343.onlinehome.us/rendereggs/Benzene26530000.png

The images should be 42x47 pixels.

- Guppy
[Mar 16, 2006 8:42:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

They're the right size, but I know I changed their hats and they still look the same.

Did you get the right skins? Try refreshing at my egg entry and see if they look different.
[Mar 16, 2006 9:06:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
lorkiria

They're the right size, but I know I changed their hats and they still look the same.

Did you get the right skins? Try refreshing at my egg entry and see if they look different.

Ah ha! Your image host wanted me to individually reload those three. The new ones are up.

- Guppy
[Mar 16, 2006 9:26:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shazwilky

And I'm extremely fond of the one Shaz did that looks like an icing sugar doiley pattern on a chocolate cake. Yummy.

Awwww...shucks. Thanks Teeg, you made my day. :o)

Rhodin, you're an absolute gem to do all of this. I can't begin to think how much time and effort you've put into it, you deserve a medal. :o)
Shazbot - Midnight
[Mar 17, 2006 1:28:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Guppymomma, you're an absolute gem to do all of this. I can't begin to think how much time and effort you've put into it, you deserve a medal. :o)

Fixed.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Mar 18, 2006 11:20:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
shazwilky

Oops. Why did I put Rhodin? :S I'm so sorry Guppy and I still think you deserve a medal. ;)
Shazbot - Midnight
[Mar 18, 2006 2:39:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

This is likely too much to ask, but what if those pictures rotated?
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Mar 18, 2006 6:49:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 53   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates