• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 373
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 93141 times and has 372 replies Next Thread
bel_pirates

Re: The Shop Tool Reply to this Post

d3athl3 wrote: 
I have found only one issue with the ship wright one though. It seems to be counting up the cost amount wrong on the ships thus throwing the profit into the negs even though the "product cost" and "tax" and "advertised price" are correct. Is there a way to get this fixed?

Do you have a number entered for rent in the pricing section? If you do, AND you have labor numbers, your costs/ship will be higher because the tool will add rent costs into the "cost" column for the item. Entering "0" for rent will disable this feature. I checked the formulas and they appear to be correct for figuring the cost when rent is disabled.

As for Fullbeard's suggestions, those are something I would like to include at some point also, but I'm running out of screen space to easily include things like that. I will look at adding a "bids/orders" section to track incoming inventory. Now that I've started down the macro path, I can write a macro to show/hide additional columns to store this information as needed.

I'm hopeful that some cool new features will come from being able to copy/paste information from the shop records once that hits production oceans.
----------------------------------------
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 19, 2006 10:31:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

hi, i believe your formulas for fancy bed is wrong.
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Jan 21, 2006 12:14:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CKShinrai

I can't seem to get this to work right with OpenOffice - the tax data won't update. (Fills in every field with 'Err: 502') I'm pretty sure I've got the program configured right and updated and I've tried manually refreshing it. Is this a different in the macro coding or something I can fix?
Erfan wrote: 
OUR SUPER IMPORTANT LORD SHINRAI THE HEDGEHOG

[Jan 22, 2006 7:32:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I can't seem to get this to work right with OpenOffice - the tax data won't update. (Fills in every field with 'Err: 502') I'm pretty sure I've got the program configured right and updated and I've tried manually refreshing it. Is this a different in the macro coding or something I can fix?

It's OpenOffice being stupid. Try a find/replace for all "!" marks and replacing them with "." on each of the shop pages. OOo decided to use "." for addressing data on different sheets while Excel uses "!" for the same purpose. Why in the world OOo had to be different, I'll never understand.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Jan 23, 2006 10:01:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinolin

There are incorrect formulas in the furniture-shop for every item with cloth-color options because of incorrect table- and column-references in the VLOOKUP-functions used.

First of all, the colors in columns E and F need to be moved down to align with the cloth-block. In essence, the regular cloth column needs to start with "red" in F54, the fine cloth column needs to start with "red" in E55. Secondly, the lookup-columns are all off by 6 (I think this was caused by addition of the columns for the Financial Records).

I give example for the bunk and - to keep it shorter - only post the incorrect and correct portions of the formulas. The portions requring changes are in bold.

In AB17, incorrect: (IF(BJ158>BL158,(VLOOKUP(Z17,$F$50:$Q$85,4,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(Z17,$E$51:$P$86,5,FALSE))*(BJ158+BL158)); correct: (IF(BJ158>BL158,(VLOOKUP(Z17,$F$54:$P$89,10,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(Z17,$E$55:$P$89,11,FALSE))*(BJ158+BL158))

In AC17, incorrect: (IF(BJ158>BL158,(VLOOKUP(Z17,$F$50:$Q$85,5,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(Z17,$E$51:$P$86,6,FALSE))*(BJ158+BL158)); correct: (IF(BJ158>BL158,(VLOOKUP(Z17,$F$54:$P$89,11,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(Z17,$E$55:$P$89,12,FALSE))*(BJ158+BL158))

In AD17, incorrect: (IF(BJ158>BL158,(VLOOKUP(Z17,$F$50:$Q$85,3,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(Z17,$E$51:$P$86,4,FALSE))*(BJ158+BL158)); correct: (IF(BJ158>BL158,(VLOOKUP(Z17,$F$54:$P$89,9,FALSE)),VLOOKUP(Z17,$E$55:$P$89,10,FALSE))*(BJ158+BL158))

For items with 2 colors (e.g., armors), the same changes need to be made, just in 4 different VLOOKUP-functions (2 for each color).

Cheers.
Blimb.
Senior Officer of the British Bandits, Midnight Ocean
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Quinolin at Jan 25, 2006 7:54:52 AM]
[Jan 25, 2006 7:49:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinolin

Similar issues in the Tailor-tab, but this time only the table-ranges themselves need corrected. The column-lookup references seem ok.
Blimb.
[Jan 25, 2006 8:20:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Thanks for the input. I'll make those changes in 4.33. Also scheduled for that release:

+Poker Table in Furnisher (with caveat that recipe could change pre-deployment
+Indigo ocean

EDIT: I'm also looking to write a macro that will copy cell data from one worksheet to another to make copying information from your copy of the spreadsheet to the newest version. I don't know much about VBScript, but it seems like there ought to be a way to lookup the value of a cell by cell name (instead of references like A1) and put the value in the current sheet's cell with the same name. If anyone is familiar with VBScript and is interested in making such a macro or at least giving me the basic code and I can extend it to the rest of the tool, let me know via PM.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Edit 1 times, last edit by bel_pirates at Feb 1, 2006 7:25:52 AM]
[Feb 1, 2006 7:07:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinolin

I'm also looking to write a macro that will copy cell data from one worksheet to another to make copying information from your copy of the spreadsheet to the newest version. I don't know much about VBScript, but it seems like there ought to be a way to lookup the value of a cell by cell name (instead of references like A1) and put the value in the current sheet's cell with the same name. If anyone is familiar with VBScript and is interested in making such a macro or at least giving me the basic code and I can extend it to the rest of the tool, let me know via PM.

One way of doing this would be to first name the relevant sections using the "Name" command in the Insert menu. For example, name O12:Q23 on the furniture sheet as "furn_basic" in the old and the new versions, and so on for other input sections. Then using the following VB-script for each of the sections ...

Windows("old_file.xls").Activate
Range("furn_basic").Select
Selection.Copy
Windows("new_file.xls").Activate
Range("furn_basic").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

Of course, this won't work retroactively as the current version does not have those name-definitions yet. So it would need to be start in an upcoming version, and from the subsequent release forward, it will work.

Doing this would require quite some naming of sections, and when executed it will probably flicker quite a bit as 2 different windows will be activated constantly. But it should work, just not the prettiest solution ever :-)

One neat addition to the script would be to be able to enter the file names for the old and new versions when starting the macro and assigning variables to the names and use those variables in the Windows.Activate command. That way, the macro would work with whatever file name(s). I do have a script somewhere to do that, just would need to find it. Let me know if you would like to do it.
Blimb.
[Feb 2, 2006 2:52:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I do have a script somewhere to do that, just would need to find it. Let me know if you would like to do it.

I would love it. I'll start playing around with it for this version also. I assume both files will need to be open already for it to work, yes?
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Feb 3, 2006 3:41:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Quinolin

I assume both files will need to be open already for it to work, yes?

Not necessarily, only the newer one would have to, if the VB-code is written to open the "old" file after entering the file name for it. I'll start looking for my script. I'll be going on a business trip for a week starting this Sunday, so it might have to wait til the week of Feb 13th.
Blimb.
[Feb 3, 2006 7:04:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gothmog1065

Maybe I just missed it, but do you have an OOO version of this?
Nemesis wrote: 
You ruined my joke, Goth.
Arakael wrote: 
Goth is right, as usual.
Blobbles wrote: 
Goth is right. *shudders*

[Feb 14, 2006 6:43:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

BTW, the shop tool does not factor in rent for cannonball costs even after I enter in the labor hours.

And don;t forget the wrong fancy bed formula!

Thank you for the very useful tool
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Feb 19, 2006 5:05:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Maybe I just missed it, but do you have an OOO version of this?

Not currently, no. It may work if you open it in OOo and do a find/replace for "!" to "." as OOo uses the period to reference other sheets instead of the exclamation point. I've been meaning to convert it, but i have a broken elbow right now and can't use my machine too well, so it's at least still a month away if you wait on me. Faulkston has a similar tool in OOo somewhere.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Feb 21, 2006 7:27:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

Ahoy there,

Here's another bug report:

Tailor Spread sheet has a bug with certain colors. I've found bugs with maroon and gold so far. Not sure about the other colors. The bug appears when I change the color of the materials to maroon or gold. Some of the prices will then show N/A instead of the normal numbers.

Please assist lol. I am forced to use an older version because of this.

Thank you for the excellent tool btw.
Kneiss wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by kusje at Feb 25, 2006 10:40:12 AM]
[Feb 25, 2006 10:39:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Not currently, no. It may work if you open it in OOo and do a find/replace for "!" to "." as OOo uses the period to reference other sheets instead of the exclamation point.

How would I go about doing this?

Is the "save" file in plain text? (use a text editor to replace all)
Do I need to worry about the exclaimation being used elsewhere?

Loading it into OO version 2.0.0, between the Shipyard and Tailor sheets is a "warbrig" sheet.

EDIT: The buttons for "Expand Labor Calc" and "Financial Records" (tested on the IM sheet) have no effect.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Edit 1 times, last edit by BehindCurtai at Mar 4, 2006 2:25:54 PM]
[Mar 4, 2006 2:21:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Spelunk

A minor error in at least the Apothecary Networth area:

P68: Finished Goods
=SUMPRODUCT(AI11:AI14,AK11:AK14)+SUMPRODUCT(AI16:AI45,AK16:AK45)+SUMPRODUCT(AI25:AI42,AK25:AK42)

Should be
=SUMPRODUCT(AI11:AI14,AK11:AK14)+SUMPRODUCT(AI16:AI23,AK16:AK23)+SUMPRODUCT(AI25:AI42,AK25:AK42)+SUMPRODUCT(AI44:AI45,AK44:AK45)

(Double counting some items).
[Mar 5, 2006 9:44:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Queanie

/me hopes Bel will come out with the next version soon :)

Also I believe there is a bug with the fancy chair calculations for the furnisher. The wrong recipe perhaps? I was too lazy to investigate <.<
Jezabella
Supposedly retired, but recently seen skulking around on various botes
[Mar 6, 2006 3:09:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Thanks for all the bug finding and also the fixes where possible. :) As to Jez's question about when the new version is going to be out, I hope to have it in a few weeks. I broke my elbow back on February 5th at our youth SuperBowl party at the church I work for. I went on a cruise the following day and didn't get the elbow looked at for 9 days. I've finally gotten the cast off, but it's still really hard using a computer, tho typing is finally starting to get easier for me. I'm hoping that within 2-3 weeks I'll be back to normal and look forward to getting a new version out then, possibly to coincide with the release of Rumbling/Gloves.

As to TMBTC's question about importing to OOo, simply open the Excel sheet in OOo using file/open and you'll see lots of Err:502's all over the place. That's the result of the invalid sheet references. An edit/find/replace of ! for . should fix most of the problems. There may be some other issues to hunt down, but I seem to remember that solving most of them. I have no idea where the war-brig sheet comes from. It only appears in OOo, never in Excel. I've tried and tried to find out why, but I just can't figure it out. It's safe to delete it tho.

The Financial Records and Expand Labor Calc buttons are macros to show/hide cells. The financial button shows 5 or 6 columns to the left of the button where you can store investments/returns for you or other pirates to help see how much poe you've made on your shop. Any poe I add to the shop is recorded there and I pay back myself the same amount when the shop is able to do so. I also pay dividends to investors and record that information in that area as well.

The Labor Calc button shows 3-4 columns to the right of the button where you can store labor numbers from the past week. These numbers are then averaged and used for your labor throughput. I didn't think the macros would translate to OOo, but perhaps you know how to rewrite the code to make them work for you. Both buttons will then hide the same columns when you click them again.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Mar 7, 2006 7:03:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

As to TMBTC's question about importing to OOo, simply open the Excel sheet in OOo using file/open and you'll see lots of Err:502's all over the place. That's the result of the invalid sheet references. An edit/find/replace of ! for . should fix most of the problems. There may be some other issues to hunt down, but I seem to remember that solving most of them. I have no idea where the war-brig sheet comes from. It only appears in OOo, never in Excel. I've tried and tried to find out why, but I just can't figure it out. It's safe to delete it tho.

Alright. In OO version 2, bring up a sheet (such as Apothecary), go to Edit -> Find and Replace. Change "!" to ".", select "Replace all".

This needs to be done for each sheet.

It works for the Apoth, Distillery, IM, and Shipyard sheets. All of these are before the "warbrig" sheet.

It fails to work for Tailor, Weaver, Furnisher, and Realator. All of these are after the "warbrig" sheet.

Deleting the "warbrig" sheet does not solve this problem -- the same ones work or don't work.

The Financial Records and Expand Labor Calc buttons are macros to show/hide cells. The financial button shows 5 or 6 columns to the left of the button where you can store investments/returns for you or other pirates to help see how much poe you've made on your shop. Any poe I add to the shop is recorded there and I pay back myself the same amount when the shop is able to do so. I also pay dividends to investors and record that information in that area as well.

The Labor Calc button shows 3-4 columns to the right of the button where you can store labor numbers from the past week. These numbers are then averaged and used for your labor throughput. I didn't think the macros would translate to OOo, but perhaps you know how to rewrite the code to make them work for you. Both buttons will then hide the same columns when you click them again.

I can not figure out how to expose the macros for editing. Nor can I figure out how to unhide the hidden columns. (Simply right-clicking on the line between column A and column M and selecting "Show" does not work.)

Dylan wrote: 

[Mar 7, 2006 4:32:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

I can not figure out how to expose the macros for editing. Nor can I figure out how to unhide the hidden columns. (Simply right-clicking on the line between column A and column M and selecting "Show" does not work.)

To show hidden columns:
Select both of the visable columns on the sides (such as both A and M). Now right click and select show. All columns between A and M will be shown.

There are more Error: 504 in the investor section, but I don't see any !'s or .'s in the forumlas.

To show the macros: Tools -> Macros -> Organize macros -> Basic.
In the listbox that appears, select the item that corresponds to the spreadsheet (filename) (not the generic macros), and drill down through the plus's.

It appears to be organized by sheet. The macros appear to be:

Rem Attribute VBA_ModuleType=VBADocumentModule
Sub Sheet1
Rem Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Rem With Columns("G:L")
Rem .Hidden = Not .Hidden
Rem End With
Rem End Sub
Rem
Rem Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
Rem With Columns("R:W")
Rem .Hidden = Not .Hidden
Rem End With
Rem End Sub
Rem
End Sub

Why they are all "Rem"'d out, I have no idea.

I have not (yet) figured out how the macros are triggered. (what turns the button press into the macro run).

Dylan wrote: 

[Edit 1 times, last edit by BehindCurtai at Mar 7, 2006 8:13:29 PM]
[Mar 7, 2006 8:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

The macros were probably remmed out when OOo opened the Excel file and didn't understand the macro language. I'm not sure how to re-write the macros for OOo, but someday maybe I'll learn. :)

I opened a copy of the tool in OOo 2.0 and tried fixing the tailor sheet also. I got it to work with the following:

1. Delete Warbrig sheet.
2. Select all cells on Tailor sheet
3. Format/Cells/Cell Protection
4. Turn off all check boxes in that dialog
5. Find/Replace ! with .
6. Replace All and it worked.

I didn't have time to test the other sheets this way, but give that a try and see if it doesn't solve the problem for you.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Mar 8, 2006 7:08:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tyler21796

thnx for makeing the shop tool.

It helped me with my first stall.
:)
**--(Sworder) CI addicted Wench of Hunter--**

Croft wrote: 
IF YOU DON,T LIKE IT DON,T READ IT!!!

[Mar 8, 2006 9:40:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    monkeyman21796 [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

I've posted a new version of the Shop Tool, but I'm not going to link it from the wiki quite yet. You can find it here.

I tagged it as version 4.39, but the entry in the changelog is v4.40. The above link will remain active until Rumble gets released to the production oceans and the recipes for Bludgeons are finalized. In the mean time, the current (3/27/06) recipes on ice are used in the tool.

See the linked changelog above for the (semi-)complete list of changes. I also added Indigo into the tool, but it won't really work because everything is in German. I'm contemplating ways to fix this, but it might not work. Bug reports can be posted here and I'll patch them into 4.40 when the Rumbling patch comes out.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Mar 27, 2006 2:36:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Version 4.40 is posted with additions from the Rumbling patch. Please note any recipe bugs here.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Mar 30, 2006 2:31:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

Enamel recipies for mugs are wrong.
Kneiss wrote: 

[Apr 6, 2006 6:36:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sashamorning

Hi. This is a FABULOUS sheet. Thanks so much!

I'm new to the forum, and I looked through it for my answer, but not seeing it, I have a question...

I know there's a way to download the new tax rates. Is there a way to also download current prices for items (like the current highest buy/lowest sell) on particular islands? Is this data stored somewhere, like the tax info? If it is, is it possible to write the code to do this?

If it is possible, I think it's safe to say this would be increibly useful for all of us, even if the coding would be a pain at first. If I knew how (or if someone let me know where the info was), I could probably help with this. In any case, let me know.

Thanks!

~Sasha

Owner, Sashamorning's Weaving and Tailoring Stalls
Descartes Isle
Sage Ocean
Nevernever Land :-)
Sashamorning - Fiery-haired, fiery-tempered, 100% me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shakespeare wrote: 
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

[Apr 8, 2006 9:27:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theorize

Any idea on when the latest version of this will be available for Hunter?
Theorize - Midnight Cerulean Obsidian Ocean

[Apr 18, 2006 1:29:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zlngzang

Is there a way to also download current prices for items (like the current highest buy/lowest sell) on particular islands?

I was thinking along the same lines, but I think because prices are linked to shops, and not the island - and shops tend to come an go, especially if their prices are extreme - it becomes a more complex task to keep the data current. OMO.

I'd also like to see what Bel_pirates has to say about this one.

Thanks to Jerze fer the Avatar.
"Yours in RUM"
Zingzan on Viridian
Let's clang some Mugs, and slosh some Fine Rum together.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Zlngzang at Apr 26, 2006 5:04:29 AM]
[Apr 26, 2006 4:53:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Is there a way to also download current prices for items (like the current highest buy/lowest sell) on particular islands?

I was thinking along the same lines, but I think because prices are linked to shops, and not the island - and shops tend to come an go, especially if their prices are extreme - it becomes a more complex task to keep the data current. OMO.

I'd also like to see what Bel_pirates has to say about this one.

Thanks to Jerze fer the Avatar.

Downloading current prices into the tool automatically is problematic at best. I use Bemis's commodity trader tool to get the high/low buy/sell prices and then manually enter the data to the sheet. Unlike the tax data, prices for an island aren't accessible via webpage.

As for when a new version will be out, I'm in the midst of getting my house sold and some overload at work, but as soon as I can get to it, I'll let everyone know.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[Apr 26, 2006 10:22:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bel_pirates

Version 4.41 is posted on the wiki. The changlog has all the updates listed. Most notably, Hunter is now in the tool. I removed Indigo for lots of reasons, all relating to my lack of knowledge in German or desire to re-code the sheet to look for English AND German references.
Belgarion
Retired (for now)
The Shop Tool
[May 8, 2006 12:36:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 373   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates