• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 30
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4966 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
KoshMom

Trinket Suggestions

I did a quick search, and didn't see any thread that looked like this one.

I'd like to suggest a new trinket: the Nose. None of us have any noses, so if it was a trinket we can at least get one. Heck, some of us have Liver, some have stomachs, but does anyone have a nose?
----------------------------------------
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Nov 29, 2005 10:02:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Trinket Suggestions

No one nose. ;-)

Faulkston,
who thinks there should be a sticky thread for trinket suggestions in parallel to the furniture sticky thread
[Nov 29, 2005 10:04:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
mr_googol

Trophies. You could actually purchase them at a considerable cost for someone else (can't buy yourself one, even though it would be easy to dodge, still...) by means of petition, pointing out the color (gold bronze silver) shape (have maybe a sword and a mug and a boat and so forth) and inscription. They recieve it if your purchase is approved, with the person who gave it to them, and the original recipient, included in the mouseover. Holdable in Portraits, like skulls. Too much coding. Too much art. OM overwork. Those ust three potential kinks, but I'm sure there are a handful.

Would be nice to see them overcome. I'd love to get a "Best Carpenter" trophy from my captain. =)
Haradore

Resident/former resident of Byrne/Beta/Alpha/Winter Solstice/Guava/Delta/Dragon's Nest/Sakejima/Lincoln/Greenwich/Admiral/Quetzal
[Nov 29, 2005 11:23:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Valien

I do like the new Holiday/Winter 05 trinkets ! Yummy!

Now how to acquire one..hmm...
Valien ~ Breathing in Viridian's salty air since July 05.
[Nov 30, 2005 11:27:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chumpmonkey.com [Link]  Go to top 
Spiderprints

I did a quick search, and didn't see any thread that looked like this one.

I'd like to suggest a new trinket: the Nose. None of us have any noses, so if it was a trinket we can at least get one. Heck, some of us have Liver, some have stomachs, but does anyone have a nose?

Would it be a nontradeable trinket? ;)
Knarf
of Drunken Amore
[Nov 30, 2005 11:38:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

Yohoho! Plastic Surgeons
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DubRub at Nov 30, 2005 11:48:02 AM]
[Nov 30, 2005 11:47:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meitchrfoo

Hmmmm, could lead to a new game...

Got your nose!

heheheheh.

Kittyn
who wonders if pirates with hooks would be able to play?
Balky wrote: 
cleaver has the most piratey looking face... he's just ....soooo.... sooo... squishable

Kittyn - princess of Raptus Regaliter
[Nov 30, 2005 12:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amphitrite
OceanMaster

Let's annoy Hypnos. *bump to Shore Leave*
"People take on the shapes of the songs and the stories that surround them, especially if they don't have their own song." --Mr. Nancy
[Dec 1, 2005 1:20:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

some mumbling on trophies

What if people could "endorse" trophies, and this would slowly make them turn from, say, wood (:-) to gold?

This could be done via the Dragon Endorsement System, or DES, which does not yet exist. I'll make it as soon as I'm done with the Dragon Karma System.

Edit: I just realized that they are both the same thing. I still don't have either or them done yet, but still...
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by ihope127 at Jan 13, 2006 6:49:00 AM]
[Dec 1, 2005 5:07:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

I wouldn't mind seeing valentine trinkets.

Valentine's Day is in a few months, Ringers! Get cracking!
I took my own advice.
[Dec 1, 2005 5:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aroven

i think..... when you sink someone elses ship in pvp, and they lose a leg/arm/eye.... you should get that body part as a trinket, and it should say like "Arovens arm"
[Jan 13, 2006 6:24:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

i think..... when you sink someone elses ship in pvp, and they lose a leg/arm/eye.... you should get that body part as a trinket, and it should say like "Arovens arm"

Good idea!

/me petitions an OceanMaster to get Lokonzo's arm
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Jan 13, 2006 7:03:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amphitrite
OceanMaster

What about Wirt's leg?
"People take on the shapes of the songs and the stories that surround them, especially if they don't have their own song." --Mr. Nancy
[Jan 13, 2006 4:03:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Talisker

What about Wirt's leg?

Only if we get a cow level.
Leif
The Forums
Gunnermooch wrote: 
I can't respond because I do not understand what the hell you are talking about. Sorry.

Av by Ecastasy
[Jan 13, 2006 4:05:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nonagon

A scalpel wouldn't be a bad idea for a trinket.
House (Sage)
[Jan 13, 2006 4:23:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
frogkissed11

I would LOVE to see a trinket for each of the Sheep and pigs. yes i know the pig ones would look all the same. BUT, each one would be named differently.. for those of us who have that place in our piratey little hearts for our little friends. (but especially Rocky..)
JainaSolo, sheepish jedi
Blazeblade says, "you're talking to a SHEEP?"
[Feb 22, 2006 9:18:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Hypnos
OceanMaster

This thread should be in Game Design.
face down in the soup again - Avatar by Sharktail of Sage
Cnuofesd of Viridian wrote: 
I regually snort porridge oats up my nose too.

[Feb 23, 2006 12:23:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
amyliz33

I can see this getting ugly...

-Nazdar
Nazdar & Amyliz
[Feb 23, 2006 10:30:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Dueling moderators?

Trinket ideas:

For each of the duty stations, a little symbol of them.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Feb 23, 2006 11:34:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Lizzie

Trophies would be awesome, really any kind of trinket I could purchase as a prize if I was running an event.
Ravine
Black Death, Midnight

[Feb 23, 2006 5:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fiddlesticks

I was thinking as I'm trying to get my carp to Sublime, that this is the last stage right? The end of the line....
Well I think it would be cool if say once you hit that Sublime standing there would be a tricket for that said puzzle? This seems to be a huge milestone (atleast for me it is). Maybe there should be some time of an award.

Just my two poe.
Muffy's Princess
Idol on all oceans
Idol says, "That's why you love me"
Muffbeard says, "nope, I love you because there is no one else like you and I can't imagine not having you in my life =)"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fiddlesticks at Feb 24, 2006 2:12:14 PM]
[Feb 23, 2006 5:43:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

You mean a Sublime experience level isn't enough of a reward?

Faulkston,
grind grind grind?
[Feb 23, 2006 6:38:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

*bump* and a request on behalf of the Wiki admins (But mostly myself)

A scroll of knowledge, to be awarded for contributitors to the Y!PPedia who don't necessarily want or merit admin status, but still deserve a token of thanks for their efforts.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[May 24, 2006 3:02:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LongJohnBone

Ooh! How about being able to hold trinkets that are equipped? Some ideas for trinkets...
--Jolly Roger Pennant
--Spyglass
--Tiny Chest
--Ancient Peice of Eight
--Model Ship
--Rusty Blunderbuss
--Bottle of Rum
--Shiny Pearl
--Hoop Earing
--Marksman's Map
--Flask of Holy Water
--Hip Flask
--Monkey's Paw
--Bag of Gunpowder
--Rusty Cannonball
--Sparkling Amulet
--Luckyparrot
[Jul 2, 2006 8:51:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.yahoo.com/    potsm_master@yahoo.com    mrbluemk1@aol.com    Zomg! i haxxed [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Spyglass, jug (bottle) of rum, bag of gunpowder and (rusty) cannonball are already portrait items, although they're not trinkets.

Faulkston,
:-)
[Jul 2, 2006 9:27:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Why was this moved to DJL, I wonder?
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Jul 2, 2006 9:29:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Maybe due to what BehindCurtai pointed out here?
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=552469#552469

Faulkston,
shrugging
[Jul 2, 2006 9:32:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Maybe they're going to have a Trinket Design contest and they don't want this thread giving people ideas!

/e hopes.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Jul 3, 2006 5:35:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
adri777

I was thinking about a lacy handkerchief for tournaments...I have seen the cloth ones of various colors but lace might be nice. Lace in anyform would be nice...but handkerchiefs to start.

Violette
...strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government...
[Nov 27, 2006 8:36:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

You would be better off posting that suggestion in this thread:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=29352

This current thread we're posting in had been sent to Davy Jones's Locker - where threads go to die. In theory, anyway.

Faulkston,
:-)
[Nov 27, 2006 8:11:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates