• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 74
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 28706 times and has 73 replies Next Thread
DallasM

Re: Distilling Record [Video] Reply to this Post

meh, cc^13 isn't bad, i've gotten a CC^14 before...that was me highest
----------------------------------------
Senior Officer and First Mate of the crew skeletons in your closet
-Volsfootball on all oceans
[Jan 28, 2006 10:17:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtheneNoctua

First, mind the bump. ;-)

Usually I stop working once I've got my 12th column set up. As in here, for example, I simply stopped working and just watched my final columns go up one by one. If I had continued working on the columns, I'd have got CC^13 on that one for sure.

PS: Congrats on your being #1 Distiller on Sage! /me wishes Volsfootball would go dormant again so she can be #1 again. :-P

[Edit 3 times, last edit by AtheneNoctua at Jan 29, 2006 7:45:18 AM]
[Jan 29, 2006 6:02:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
kusje

welll u are #1 now :P
Kneiss wrote: 
I have read so many philosophical books, i can't count. I have beaten my chesscomputer on the highest level several times. I have been classbest in math for several times.

[Jan 31, 2006 6:21:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
AtheneNoctua

Bump again ...

meh, cc^13 isn't bad, i've gotten a CC^14 before...that was me highest

Yarr! Now that I've finally matched your record, I feel really good about myself! ^_^
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e286/athenenoc2a/CC14.jpg

[May 5, 2006 4:21:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shaoli

There were so many points in that video where I would have just sat and given up. ><
Go here if you're wondering about my avatar.
[Jul 13, 2006 1:48:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
roeslers

Distilling Reply to this Post

Could someone please advise, if you've really booched up at distilling, is it better for your stats to forfeit the game, simply log off, or gut it out and take whatever lowly score ye get? or does it not matter, you're going to get the same score no matter which ye do? Thanks!
[Aug 26, 2006 11:04:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
roeslers

Re: Distilling Reply to this Post

Oh an one more thing....if you're out of labor time (so it says you're just practicing), do any fabulous scores you get still go into calculating your stats? or does the game only calculate stats if you have labor available? So if I get, say, 8 CC's in a row when I'm "just practicing", does it count?
[Aug 26, 2006 11:06:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rsenkrantz

Mind the bump and derail.

Oh an one more thing....if you're out of labor time (so it says you're just practicing), do any fabulous scores you get still go into calculating your stats? or does the game only calculate stats if you have labor available? So if I get, say, 8 CC's in a row when I'm "just practicing", does it count?

If you're going to get a crappy score, AND you're not practicing, you can dismiss the puzzle. It hurts your score less than completing the puzzle in a shoddy manner. You will waste an hour of labor and an hour of the shop's throughput for labor, however.

If you're practicing, your score still counts towards both standing and experience.
"You know, I just gotta say that everytime Rsenkrantz posts I love him just a little bit more."
- Loola

"Dood -- I'll give ya 10 poe if I can be a card card carrying member of the Rosey fan club."
-Lisakayela
[Edit 2 times, last edit by rsenkrantz at Aug 26, 2006 12:16:37 PM]
[Aug 26, 2006 12:15:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rsenkrantz [Link]  Go to top 
Grayside

Is it better to Dismiss or take an Excellent?
Firestone, Captain, Mad Tea Party, Cobalt
Gallant, PotD, Midnight

[Aug 26, 2006 2:20:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://grayside.org/ypp/mayhem    Tires.Pirate [Link]  Go to top 
rsenkrantz

Is it better to Dismiss or take an Excellent?

I haven't determined. My problem is usually "high incredible" vs. "low incredible" :-/

Usually what I do is quit out if it's anything less than cc^10 (which is very rare), and if I DO hit cc^10, play the puzzle a few more times to bring my average for the day back up.
"You know, I just gotta say that everytime Rsenkrantz posts I love him just a little bit more."
- Loola

"Dood -- I'll give ya 10 poe if I can be a card card carrying member of the Rosey fan club."
-Lisakayela
[Aug 26, 2006 6:07:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rsenkrantz [Link]  Go to top 
Billteach3

well, the best possible CC is CC^17, 18 if you're extremley lucky, id be impressed if someone could make a video of that
Garby, Sage ocean
nothing else interesting...there's never anything interesting...
[Aug 24, 2007 6:27:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Hi Rsen, where ya been? Welcome back. It doesn't work that way any more. Distilling was recently changed so that after making a few moves, your puzzle will be scored if you dismiss it. So if you've started playing it, you're always, always better off to finish it, even if your play sucks.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 24, 2007 7:42:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

Hi Rsen, where ya been? Welcome back. It doesn't work that way any more. Distilling was recently changed so that after making a few moves, your puzzle will be scored if you dismiss it. So if you've started playing it, you're always, always better off to finish it, even if your play sucks.

Sorry, he's not really back. If you check the date of the post it is August of 2006 soooo...one year late Sweetie. :)

~The Maestro
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Aug 24, 2007 7:46:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
sweetnessc

Bah bad. Bad pie.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. ~ Jack Layton

Sublime is shame.
[Aug 24, 2007 7:54:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 74   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates