• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 15
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2802 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
mr_googol

Setting home in others' homes Reply to this Post

Problem solution for crew/flag houses not having enough roommate slots in their houses. Wanting crewmates and flagmates to be able to always enter. Suggestion: If you are a crewmate, flagmate, or hearty of a homeowner, and they have the one of those you conform to checked on their always allowed to enter without knocking tab, you can set their house as your home. It being your home you will be able to use it to whisk to home (not enter without knocking that would take a bit more programming). Owners/Roommates can see who is homing at thier house with another tab on the configure house button, and toss unwanted people out.
----------------------------------------
Haradore

Resident/former resident of Byrne/Beta/Alpha/Winter Solstice/Guava/Delta/Dragon's Nest/Sakejima/Lincoln/Greenwich/Admiral/Quetzal
[Dec 21, 2005 11:43:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Re: Setting home in others' homes Reply to this Post

Other possibility (possibly requires extra computer):
1) Get mouse-jiggling software to prevent idling out.
2) Create alt account. Create character.
3) Put character in flag, set as roommate, leave him in the house at all times.
4) ???
5) Profit!
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Dec 22, 2005 8:41:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

4) ???
5) Profit!

Let me add a 6)

6) Get banned from the game for breaking the TOS (the mouse jiggling software would be breaking the TOS). Benefit: you'd be gone so there would be another slot open for another roommate!
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Dec 22, 2005 9:00:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Section number? Not seeing it right now... But I feel like something must be in there, or screenscrapers wouldn't be banned. :-\
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by drc500free at Dec 22, 2005 9:38:32 AM]
[Dec 22, 2005 9:37:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KoshMom

Section number? Not seeing it right now... But I feel like something must be in there, or screenscrapers wouldn't be banned. :-\

Under the section for Content, sections 7 and 13 seem most appropriate. Other people in these forums have repeatedly referred to the TOS when mentioning "mouse jiggling" software, but my search-foo in finding those other comments is sorely lacking (and my time to do it is limited)
Avasta, Past Governor of Namath, captain of Ye Hardy Mates, of the flag RIOT
[Dec 22, 2005 9:45:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

I'm thinking, possibly, possibly it might fall under section 6, number 13, which states:
The Tos wrote: 
modify any files or use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools, including scripting or macroing software, or attempt to disassemble the game client and/or decipher the data transmissions between Yohoho!'s client and server. These activities will result in immediate termination of the Player's Account and may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.

I'm not sure this qualifies, but this is the one that would have prevented me from using it.

As for why I've never tried to use one-In my mind, the whole log off due to inacctivity is something they put there for a reason (server load), and therefore anything you do to avoid that, is also something they could easily define as a cheat...
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Edit 2 times, last edit by imwamphyr at Dec 22, 2005 9:50:29 AM]
[Dec 22, 2005 9:48:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

5) Profit!

How?
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Dec 22, 2005 10:11:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Heygabe

see step 4
--Watching the Mad Professor from a distance
If we are steadfast in our resolve to have fun, then fun we will have.
[Dec 22, 2005 10:24:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Why jiggle the mouse? Put a weight on one of the arrow keys.

Faulkston,
;-)
[Dec 22, 2005 6:16:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
LethalLizord

4) ???
5) Profit!

I loved this when I first saw it...

And I still do! heeheehee ^_^
~Viridian~
SnakeEye
Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
SnakeEyes
Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
SnakeEyes
Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
[Dec 22, 2005 7:50:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Faulkston,
;-)

Well, if you do it that way, it definetly will require a second computer. Whenever I have an alt holding a place, I simply watch the clock. Every ten minutes or so, I hit alt+tab and then press something. It's enough to keep an alt awake. This can be tough while pillaging, though.

Also, I have so many duplicate chatlogs from jobbing alts now, it isn't even funny.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 22, 2005 10:31:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Faulkston,
;-)

Oh darn, my idea of tieing the dog up to the computer desk and attaching the mouse to his tail for occasional swats(see air freshener commercial) just won't do the trick! Besides, I have to sleep sometime and he'll only wag his tail for a treat!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Dec 23, 2005 1:02:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meitchrfoo

tie the treat to a stick attached to his forehead, aka the donkey and carrot? so he always sees it, always waggles his tail...

omg...rube goldberg, anyone?

Kittyn
Balky wrote: 
cleaver has the most piratey looking face... he's just ....soooo.... sooo... squishable

Kittyn - princess of Raptus Regaliter
[Dec 23, 2005 7:06:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mr_googol

Problem solution for crew/flag houses not having enough roommate slots in their houses. Wanting crewmates and flagmates to be able to always enter. Suggestion: If you are a crewmate, flagmate, or hearty of a homeowner, and they have the one of those you conform to checked on their always allowed to enter without knocking tab, you can set their house as your home. It being your home you will be able to use it to whisk to home (not enter without knocking that would take a bit more programming). Owners/Roommates can see who is homing at thier house with another tab on the configure house button, and toss unwanted people out.

12 (?) replies, virtually none having anything to do with the original post.
Haradore

Resident/former resident of Byrne/Beta/Alpha/Winter Solstice/Guava/Delta/Dragon's Nest/Sakejima/Lincoln/Greenwich/Admiral/Quetzal
[Dec 24, 2005 10:54:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Crew members being able to enter a house at any time may be added in the future:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=395705#395705

The problem is not a lack of roommate slots but the fact that houses would have to stay in the server's memory nearly 24/7.

Faulkston,
shrugging
[Dec 24, 2005 12:02:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates