• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 798 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Thunderbird

[Doubloon Oceans]Palace Shoppe button on the Help Wanted screen Reply to this Post

There's presently a load of confusion for new players in regard to where the palace shoppe is. Is there a possibility of getting a button to it on the Help Wanted screen?

(I get this question quite often from greenies)
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Dec 21, 2005 8:11:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Benzene265

Re: [Doubloon Oceans]Palace Shoppe button on the Help Wanted screen Reply to this Post

"Palace Shoppe" and "Doubloon Exchange" missions, perhaps? It would be a tutorial which would explain what doubs and badges are, but it wouldn't actually result in anything being bought. No point in making someone waste money.
A Ghyslaine and a Rhodin for every Ocean, but mostly on Viridian.
Make the natural choice for our oceans: Google Rhodin Blonde!
[Dec 21, 2005 10:00:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Have you considered becoming a well-tanned blonde? [Link]  Go to top 
Zava

Re: [Doubloon Oceans]Palace Shoppe button on the Help Wanted screen Reply to this Post

Yes. Please! Heartily endorsed and all that noise.

A doubloon exchange tutorial would be wonderful.

One on how to deliver items and why doubloons are required would be even better.
Zava, Obsidian & Sage.
Vodoodude tells ye, "wow yer a life saver"
[Dec 21, 2005 10:30:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZavaIsALifesaver/ [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

Why dubs are necessary? lol, I can just imagine some of the people on here writing that one. Particularly those in the less dubs required for furniture threads.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Dec 21, 2005 11:26:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

You mean, something like

Why are dubs necessary?
Doubloon oceans are not free oceans. Although there is no direct charge to play, there is a charge for access to anything beyond the basic game play (ship puzzles). This is represented by Doubloons.

Doubloons are purchased, for about 24 cents each (depending on purchase size); they may be traded between players. In particular, the doubloon exchange exists to allow easy trading of poe for dubs.

An infrequent player, or one who only uses a small set of features, will find that they spend less than the $10/month subscription charge, as will an expert player willing to trade time spent making poe for access to the game. A heavy player who wants to do everything will find that doubloons are MORE expensive than a subscription. People who do not have a lot of time to play may find that spending more real-life money on doubloons to sell for poe on the exchange allows them to purchase items that they simply do not have the time to spend playing to be able to afford.

In short: If you play infrequently, doubloon oceans are cheaper.
If you want to trade real life time/money for game money/time, doubloons allow you to do so.
If you are very skilled at making game-poe, doubloons may reduce your total cost of play
If you are a heavy, constant player, subscription oceans will be cheaper.

Yes, I'm active in the "dub pricing needs revision" threads.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Dec 22, 2005 5:15:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

I know, and you phrased yours much nicer than I'm sure some would, course you usually phrase things reasonably.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Dec 22, 2005 7:29:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates