• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 674
Posts: 674   Pages: 23   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 120559 times and has 673 replies Next Thread
meitchrfoo

Re: The Minor Game Design Annoyance Challenge Thread! Reply to this Post

you can't tip someone -1 poe, either...it says insufficient funds. Alright...how about that? /me giggles.
----------------------------------------
Balky wrote: 
cleaver has the most piratey looking face... he's just ....soooo.... sooo... squishable

Kittyn - princess of Raptus Regaliter
[Dec 2, 2005 4:27:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meitchrfoo

PLEASE change the "make shoppe your home" button to somewhere besides the BOTTOM of the shoppe screen. My first automatic thing when i go in is to scroll, and look at my shoppe activity...granted, all my shoppes/stalls are on the same island, but i keep going between 4 places....:-(

Kittyn
Balky wrote: 
cleaver has the most piratey looking face... he's just ....soooo.... sooo... squishable

[Dec 2, 2005 4:29:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

The position of that button is more than a minor annoyance to some players:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=28164

Faulkston,
linky
[Dec 2, 2005 6:29:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Just something I noticed:

When you've muted someone, you only see the big NO sign when they are in your scene. If they are on the parlor boards or such, you have no idea that you've muted them.

Is it possible to put the big NO sign on their heads no matter where you see it?
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Dec 5, 2005 7:02:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Just something I noticed:

When you've muted someone, you only see the big NO sign when they are in your scene. If they are on the parlor boards or such, you have no idea that you've muted them.

Is it possible to put the big NO sign on their heads no matter where you see it?

Yes PLEASE.

Also, a small annoyance: in the back room of, say... the Salty Dog, the parlor games table popup has an exclaimation point, while the drinking/brawl tables don't. It irritates me for some reason.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Dec 5, 2005 8:42:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Chainmaille

Horizontal sword strikes can be completely blocked by vertical sword strikes that come before them. Or maybe I got it backwards? In any case, horizontals should consistently attack before verticals, to prevent this from happening.

-Derakon, who just finished a ten-minute fight with a skull dagger user, discovering this in the process (as well as that SD horizontals are terrible, in a different attack).
Derakon - Black Plague on Viridian and Sage
[Dec 9, 2005 7:17:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Which strike blocks which other one is determined by the order in which the attacks were sent:
http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?p=266833#266833

Faulkston,
linky
[Dec 9, 2005 8:08:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Nys

mmmkay, here's a little annoyance!

seriously, though: why link the chests in a house? if you have roomies (or buy a big house with friends) then you can't each have your own chest!

it's because houses are the same as ships at this point, but it'd be nice if they'd fix it. :D
Bunnienys of the Mist Devils ".
[Dec 10, 2005 12:21:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/cupiecake    cupiecakeNys [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Houses are the "same" as stalls, not ships. There is no house occupancy list nor entry or exit messages.

Faulkston,
linkies left as an exercise to the reader :-)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Faulkston at Dec 10, 2005 12:24:00 AM]
[Dec 10, 2005 12:23:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Nys

There is no house occupancy list nor entry or exit messages.

those'd be nice too. :D
Bunnienys of the Mist Devils ".
[Dec 10, 2005 12:32:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/cupiecake    cupiecakeNys [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

I've read through this in it's entirety once before, can't remember, has anyone complained about when linking to first unread post the page number at bottom is incorrect? Recently when hitting first unread post, it took me to the middle of the posts on that page, after reading to the bottom, I couldn't remember if I'd started on 2nd page or 1st. When I looked at bottom it had me listed on page 1, I click next page, and takes me to top of page. When I got about halfway down I got to posts I'd just got done reading. Just a minor nuiscance, so figured I'd post here, or could this be a browser issue?
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Dec 13, 2005 9:15:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Yes, it's a known issue:
Minor Game Design Annoyances:Forums:Clicking the first unread post link doesn't update the page number

Faulkston,
linky
[Dec 13, 2005 9:24:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
meitchrfoo

I don't know about mindreading, but

....erm...somehow, i read this as mind-dreading.

which might be somewhat appropriate for some of the chats....
Balky wrote: 

[Dec 14, 2005 3:25:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
meitchrfoo

how about something like /tellmute...

there's times you don't want to get tells, or at least tells from certain people, but you want to hear what they say in a circle or /fo...

could do something like /tellmute all for everyone, or /tellmute kittyn to not hear tells from kittyn....

erm..........okay.

Kittyn
Balky wrote: 

[Dec 14, 2005 3:31:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootHook

Please let the spacebar drop the blocks faster in Swordfighting!

Also, please don't require us to repress the spacebar for every block in Swordfighting.
Bug: Fix the multi-row sprinkles in Rumble

Rumbling Guide 1
Rumbling Guide 2
Rumble Videos
[Dec 14, 2005 2:36:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

meitchrfoo wrote: 
how about something like /tellmute...

there's times you don't want to get tells, or at least tells from certain people, but you want to hear what they say in a circle or /fo...

could do something like /tellmute all for everyone, or /tellmute kittyn to not hear tells from kittyn....

erm..........okay.

Kittyn

That would inconvenience the /tellmuted individual if they really needed to speak to you privately (i.e. not over /fofficer). Which might be the point. But do you really want:
/fofficer kittyn turn off your /tellmute on me
all the time?

BootHook wrote: 
Please let the spacebar drop the blocks faster in Swordfighting!

This would overemphasize speed in sword fighting. Also slower machines might not be able to keep up with the animation.

BootHook wrote: 
Also, please don't require us to repress the spacebar for every block in Swordfighting.

Why? So it's possible to booch by having too many blocks drop in a row?

Faulkston,
shrugging
[Dec 14, 2005 6:42:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Chainmaille

At the parlor games tables, games that have already been started are not re-sorted to the bottom of the list. I'm fairly certain this used to be the case, but evidently it was changed recently (perhaps to help cope with the screen bouncing all over the place)? Personally I'd rather have my unfilled table resorted to the top than have it be on-screen where nobody will ever see it.
[Dec 16, 2005 9:34:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Is it just your table? I'm pretty sure there's a bug that makes your table not float up on your own client, but it does on everyone else's.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Dec 17, 2005 1:30:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chainmaille

When determining if the all-caps filter should be used, the pre-filtered message length is used instead of the post-filtered one. A bit of cleverness with a certain filter thus lets you make all-caps messages of arbitrary length (well, up to a point).
[Dec 20, 2005 10:22:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

In the parlor games interface (yes, I spend large amounts of time there. What can I say?), there's no sound alert when your game is starting. This would be really really neat.
Jen wrote: 

[Dec 26, 2005 11:01:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

In the parlor games interface (yes, I spend large amounts of time there. What can I say?), there's no sound alert when your game is starting. This would be really really neat.

Oooh! I second this. Don't know how many times I'm looking at something else, and only because I remember to check - or the TD/SF sounds come on - do I catch my game.
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Dec 27, 2005 4:17:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
fiddlesticks

Oooh! I second this. Don't know how many times I'm looking at something else, and only because I remember to check - or the TD/SF sounds come on - do I catch my game.

Yes, I noticed TD and SF have sounds, and I missed like three moves in a drinking game with no sounds, it is rather annoying. I know, I know, should pay attention but I'm easily distracted. I think a sound would be nice for the other games when they start also.
Muffy's Princess
Idol on all oceans
Idol says, "That's why you love me"
Muffbeard says, "nope, I love you because there is no one else like you and I can't imagine not having you in my life =)"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by fiddlesticks at Dec 28, 2005 1:43:28 PM]
[Dec 28, 2005 1:35:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

I have to say, if it's not too difficult, this is something I would also enjoy. Especially when games may not start for 10 or 15 minutes, which of us actually sits and stares at that screen while we wait? I'm sure, not many.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Dec 28, 2005 1:41:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Yes, I noticed TD and SF have sounds, and I missed like three moves in a drinking game with no sounds, it is rather annoying. I know, I know, should pay attention but I'm easily distracted. I think a sound would be nice for the other games when they start also.
over here.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Dec 28, 2005 1:45:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

So when you set up a stick tournament, why is it possible to have everyone use a random stick? All sticks have the same pattern, no?

This is just due to an overly general interface and is merely a minor point.

Faulkston,
:-)
[Jan 2, 2006 10:46:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Trevorius

Very minor annoyance, but I use it a lot and I'm anal like that:

brb filters to 'be right back.'

When at the beginning of a sentence, it should be capitalized, but it's not. Ugh.
Trevorius - Mostly retired, now with more inn-tart!
Cobalt Cerulean Ocean
Mostly lurking since 5/15/04
[Jan 2, 2006 11:17:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://raiders.tbobjohnson.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Very minor annoyance, but I use it a lot and I'm anal like that:

brb filters to 'be right back.'

When at the beginning of a sentence, it should be capitalized, but it's not. Ugh.

Gloraelin flag officer chats, "Hang on, brb" -->
Gloraelin flag officer chats, "Hang on, be right back"

Is it possible for the chat to know when it's at the beginning? If not, the above would filter to:
Gloraelin flag officer chats, "Hang on, Be right back", which would make lots of people twinge, myself included.
Jen wrote: 

[Jan 2, 2006 2:07:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

The pattern matching employed should be able to cope.

Faulkston,
:-)
[Jan 2, 2006 2:29:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
jenjo921

Here is a minor annoyance of mind. I've tried searching this thread for someone else already reporting it, but the number of entries is possible too large for my search fu.

When you take a drinking or swordfighting challenge from the noticeboard you are whisked away to the palace for the fight. This is also true even if you already stand in right room since a previous challenge, which seems like a waste of computrons.

I suggest that the whisking is only done when needed which should be easy to check seeing as how mechanics already seem to exist for checking the location of pirate.
:) Jenjo
[Jan 4, 2006 4:47:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

The pattern matching employed should be able to cope.

Moreover, once upon a time, it used to be able to cope. I always used to properly capitalize things that I knew were going to be transmogrified. No longer...

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Jan 4, 2006 12:46:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 674   Pages: 23   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates