• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 17
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3083 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
Piplicus_BNO

[Idea] Design your own trinket event Reply to this Post

I know that this idea doesn't strictly pertain to the "Game Design" ethic, but it's close enough, as it effects the game somewhat. It's probably more appropriate than shooting a PM to Artemis or Nemo.

I'd like to see a forum event where people would be invited to draw their own 37x37 (or whatever the figure is) design for a trinket. Each month, there is a theme (for example: St. Valentine's for a January contest, Summer in June, etc.) and the best 2 or 3 trinkets get put into the game for a month, as per the portrait contest. Winners would get the trinket with a personal comment from Nemo, and an additional 5 to give out to whom they wish, with free engraving by the OMs.

Thoughts?

Piplicus
----------------------------------------

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Dec 2, 2005 7:05:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
Piratepeace1

Re: [Idea] Design your own trinket event Reply to this Post

Like it, especilally if it actually got started.
Piratepeace-"leader of the rebellion!"
[Dec 2, 2005 7:06:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mr_googol

and an additional 5 to give out to whom they wish, with free engraving by the OMs

Unless trinkets got a lot more common, this person could get very rich.
Haradore

Resident/former resident of Byrne/Beta/Alpha/Winter Solstice/Guava/Delta/Dragon's Nest/Sakejima/Lincoln/Greenwich/Admiral/Quetzal
[Dec 2, 2005 7:50:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

and an additional 5 to give out to whom they wish, with free engraving by the OMs

Yes, and?
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Dec 2, 2005 8:49:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SiM99

good idea

Well, if you don't want someone to get rich from it then this simply means that we'll have to get someone like me to win - someone who would give them to friends and loved ones :) lmao
Simm
Wyvern's Pride
Broadsiders
Midnight
M11... oh, hang on - no postcode.
Sorry, thought I was in reality for a minute there!
[Dec 2, 2005 8:53:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

People will pay whatever they're willing to pay. I think they'd add to the social puzzle; if anyone wanted to sell them off for their personal gain, so be it. You can't slap a maximum price on familiars, so what's to stop Drusilla or Silverdawg or Tristan from selling one for 10 million?

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Dec 2, 2005 9:06:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

People will pay whatever they're willing to pay. I think they'd add to the social puzzle; if anyone wanted to sell them off for their personal gain, so be it. You can't slap a maximum price on familiars, so what's to stop Drusilla or Silverdawg or Tristan from selling one for 10 million?
The fact that nobody would pay 10 million?

Although I wouldn't put it past sombody to dump massive clumps of RL cash on dubloons, simultaneously booching the market (Dubloons on sale for 200 poe each) and buying themselves a familiar.

I'll never understand you looner kiddies.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Dec 2, 2005 9:16:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Peter_Blood

I hope someone takes his advice, then I can buy enough dubs to last me a while. All those badges and WFs are kind of tapping me out.
Robberbaron

BSB - Midnight
MG - Sage

Sacrificing Minions: Is there any problem it can't solve? - OotS #192
[Dec 2, 2005 9:20:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
McStew721

I like the idea very much. Also, I don't think the selling of new trinkets would be an issue at all. As we've seen by the recent inflation of Fruitcakes, seasonal trinkets can be quite numerous and nearly worthless in terms of poe.
McStew - Llyr's Pact, Carpe Noctem
[Dec 2, 2005 6:19:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    McStew721 [Link]  Go to top 
thebuddy229

well that wouldnt be that good ye would have losers pretending to like ye and ya ye could be rich of it and been poor before not good 1 maybe 2
dudedude
officer of a crew he cant spell
member of riddle makers
event runner person

[Dec 2, 2005 6:27:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheCosmicChz

It would be a waste for the art to be added to the game (the image would have to be added to the media, then downloaded in a patch), then only have 5 people get the trinket.

The reward should be that the trinket being added to the game and is now being passed out to other players in events and tourneys. That others are getting your artwork as a prize is prize in of itself.
--Dcurd :
Not the cap'n of Dcurd's crew
Stick-wielder of questionable sanity-or something
[Dec 2, 2005 7:19:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    NotSoDreadDcurd [Link]  Go to top 
Guppyzr

Each month, there is a theme (for example: St. Valentine's for a January contest, Summer in June, etc.) and the best 2 or 3 trinkets get put into the game for a month, as per the portrait contest.

I'd have thought a new limited-edition trinket every month would really knock the market. Trinkets aren't too common anyway so they already cost alot. If a new one was added for one month only we'd have items more as valuable as artifacts circulating. If it was say a once a year contest like the Designing Easter Eggs, it would be welcomed more- a bit like the Antideluvian Conch (or whatever it was).
Guppyzra of the Imaginary Ocean.
Founder and Coordinator of Fight Circle

In the Name Of... ~carpe noctem
[Jun 12, 2008 8:38:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ellopoppet

This would be fun if they took the time to allow all trinkets to be held in portraits. I spent 3 years on this game and won my first doll only to find out that while I can hold my cheap fruit cake and all of my eggs I can't hold my doll.
~Athens~ Hunter

Want to know who makes my avatars?
[Jun 12, 2008 8:41:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
SilveRansom

Mind the 2.5 year bump. It's still a fun idea, though.

/e isn't speaking as an artist, not at all... this is not the contest you're looking for, move along...
Silveransom
makes art like this or this &
Blender Eggs!
[Jun 12, 2008 9:09:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://s13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/ [Link]  Go to top 
Whitepirated

So do we post the pic here or not?
[Jan 10, 2009 9:24:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.freewebs.com/ragandbones [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

So do we post the pic here or not?

First of all, you bumped a 6+ month old thread. make sure to note that when doing so.

Secondly, this was a discussion about having such an event, not that one was started. Read thoroughly young grasshopper...
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Jan 10, 2009 9:31:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
darom

People will pay whatever they're willing to pay.

No, they'll pay higher. :o
[Jan 10, 2009 9:39:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates