• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 19
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3550 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Breannais8

Trinket Shoppe Reply to this Post

I was thinking. Trinkets are fairly rare (I think. i only have a trinket from the zombie thing) Well mabye to make them not as rare but still rare if you get what i mean lol. Why not a Trinket Shoppe just like any other Shoppes with stalls, orders etc. They would still cost a arm and a leg but at least anyone could be free to buy them.
HMMMMM... what do you think????
----------------------------------------
*Carmon*
Officer of the crew Go beARRRRS
On the Viridian ocean
[Nov 4, 2005 7:39:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

Re: Trinket Shoppe Reply to this Post

Why not a Trinket Shoppe just like any other Shoppes with stalls, orders etc.

There would notbe enough demand for them to justify a trinket shop (Unless your suggesting that shops can make trinkets?)

They would still cost a arm and a leg but at least anyone could be free to buy them.

I got a foot, if somebody wants to throw in an arm and the rest of a leg, I will go halves with somebody.
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Nov 4, 2005 7:59:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pianoman1125

I would see this idea discredited for the same reason familliar shoppes would be. Trinkets are supposed to represent an accomplishement, be it winning one in a tourney, being on a team for the Zombie Apocalypse, surviving the skellies. Allowing anyone to just buy one, even for a large amount of poe, cheapens their value and makes them far less rare thus probably defeating the purpose originally thought out by the devs.
Muffynz
A Cartographer

Member of Crimson Tide
YPPedia Admin
Not-so-secretly conducting the oceans since 2003.
[Nov 4, 2005 8:00:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pianoman1125    Your average cupcake is just not as tasty. [Link]  Go to top 
LethalLizord

I don't believe you have thought this idea out very well.
~Viridian~
SnakeEye
Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
SnakeEyes
Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
SnakeEyes
Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
[Nov 4, 2005 8:07:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

The only trinket that should ever be sold to the general public should be a "look at me, I waste PoE on trinkets" trinket.
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Nov 4, 2005 8:11:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

I recall the suggestion (in fact, the original suggestion) that trinkets could be used as gifts. If so, a trinket shoppe that sold gifts would be excellent. I'd say it'd be a poe sink out of the palace instead of a real shoppe.
I took my own advice.
[Nov 4, 2005 9:26:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

While I don't think the idea is completely without merit, I see a problem with it. That problem being the 'I waste PoE on Trinkets Trinket'.
http://www.maghtuireadh.org/
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Manannan%27s_Seawolves

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
--------------------------------------------
"It's the damn of a new era!" - Pyn
[Nov 4, 2005 9:59:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
Breannais8

Sorry people i didnt even no i made a thread lol it must have been my sister
sorry its probably an annoying one
*Carmon*
Officer of the crew Go beARRRRS
On the Viridian ocean
[Nov 4, 2005 10:03:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Sorry people i didnt even no i made a thread lol it must have been my sister
sorry its probably an annoying one

You do not need to say you are sorry. Just because folks do not like your idea, doesn't mean you should not share it. It's best to search and make sure nobody else has suggested it, and if they have, add to their thread. However, once you have searched, you should feel free to post any ideas you have.

We may not like them, but then again, we may think they rawk! Don't let folks disagreeing with you make you feel like you have no right to post. We almost NEVER agree here! hehe
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Nov 4, 2005 10:08:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Searchertoo

It would be nice if there were certain trinkets you could buy to give to each other, maybe from the palace shop (in other words: magicked up by the palace, not manufactured by a trinket shop). After all, trinkets seem rather pointless (to me) if you can't buy them to give them to friends or whatever.
[Nov 4, 2005 10:14:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moonfish1985

This thread is pretty outdated, trinkets were pretty rare when it was made. Right now, trinkets are pretty common and this makes me believe the idea ought to receive second thought. As far as I can tell, the arguments given against this is idea earlier in the thread are all outdated.

I'm a bit of a trinket collector, and even though I don't even have that many yet (6 display cases so far) I'm starting to run out of space to display them in. A stall for trinkets (without an ability to produce them) would be a great outcome. Both for getting those last trinkets you need, and for displaying them.
Odd on Cobalt
Moonfish on Viridian
[Apr 7, 2009 7:53:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alwayslast

How about you make liek a market place on an island, people can sell and buy trinkets. you dont have to trade them just say i will sell this (Beaded fetsih- green- for 350 poe) and a white named charcter takes it. then you wait for it to be filled. yoru notified when it is. When buying you go to a white named charter at this place and say (buying - Beaded Fetish - Green - 250 poe) they will wait for it to be filled, then once it is you can go collect it.
Retired Nub

*Do i get paid now?*
[Apr 7, 2009 7:59:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Squashbuckle

What you're looking for is a consignment shoppe, which I would be more than happy to see as long as it only accepts items, like trinkets, that cannot be made in player-run stalls.
Polly
Hunter
Captain of Flocktarts

[Apr 7, 2009 8:52:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Deceptive

Not alot of trinks are rare anymore. Especially those from CI, ask Polly, she collects them. How many you got now Polly? 2948102? Or only 2800000? LoL. Anyways, trinkets are meant to be won in tournaments, Atlantis, and CI. Not to be made.
I honestly don't care anymore.
[Apr 7, 2009 10:16:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
augiebot

I've made a bit of a nice sideline as a trinket wheeler-dealer. I solicit in the inns for buyers and sellers, and buy low and sell high. All you need to know is the relative rarity of particular trinkets (if you're paying more than 2k for a red starfish, yer definitely getting ripped off -- if you can get a shrunken head for less than 10k, that's a steal).

It's easier to buy trinkets than it is to sell them, but with a large selection and a high profit margin (I try for at least 200% markup over what I buy for, but it doesn't always happen), you can make a profitable life doing just this in the inns.

Having a consignment shoppe or trinket exchange would make the process easier, but right now I feel like this is sort of a black market (or just secondary economy) operation that the game should neither really encourage or discourage.
[Apr 7, 2009 12:42:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moonfish1985

Having a consignment shoppe or trinket exchange would make the process easier, but right now I feel like this is sort of a black market (or just secondary economy) operation that the game should neither really encourage or discourage.

Problem I have with that is that it requires spamming the inns, which is always a bad thing in my book.
Odd on Cobalt
Moonfish on Viridian
[Apr 7, 2009 1:52:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
augiebot

Problem I have with that is that it requires spamming the inns, which is always a bad thing in my book.

Very very fair point, and the one part of the process I feel really bad about and try to keep to a minimum. But I've never gotten any complaints (though I'm sure at least one person somewhere has muted me.)
[Apr 7, 2009 3:37:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

One more time:
The problem is that we have vendor trash and no vendors to (automatically) buy it all.
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Apr 7, 2009 3:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Moonfish1985

One more time:
The problem is that we have vendor trash and no vendors to (automatically) buy it all.

That answer isn't as obvious to me as you imply it to be. Care to elaborate?
Odd on Cobalt
Moonfish on Viridian
[Apr 8, 2009 10:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates