• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 32
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7198 times and has 31 replies Next Thread
zim_was_here

Making Trinkets interesting Reply to this Post

Right now personally I think trinkets are boring they do nothing and are just asthetic (not really because people really dont care about trinkets unlike clothes and familars.) So here is a proposed solution.

After you finish collecting a set of trinkents that set of trinkets would turn into furniture or an item. These items would not age and be extremely rare. To prevent the problem of peolple not wanting furnitures or items maybe the trinkets could transfor with a little labour from a distillery for cups or furnisher for furniture

Some examples,

The sea shells could turn into a sea-shell drinking cup
Comb, ect, could turn into that make up box that nemo was talking about
If you get all the OM dolls they can be transformed into a doll house.

I am of course missing trinkets but you get the picture.
----------------------------------------

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Nov 4, 2005 7:34:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
Mad_Ben

Re: Making Trinkets interesting Reply to this Post

Hehe, how about if you get all the OM dolls they combine to form "Super Power Cleaver Zord Doll"!
~ Cpt. Largo of Meridian
Super Scuppers
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mad_Ben at Nov 4, 2005 8:03:19 AM]
[Nov 4, 2005 8:03:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zim_was_here

Because that would mean that cleaver is greater then the rest of the OM's. And since we are all human we are all equal.

How about if you collect four bones and one skull you get a skelaton furniture.

Quintillaz has been assigned the title of Builder in Dagger Revolution.
Juliah says, "because you "erect" things.... *giggles*"

wee howdypedia

Quintillaz
[Nov 4, 2005 8:05:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.geocities.com/zim_was_here    zim_was_here    zimwashere2 [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Sorry, I fail to see the difference here...most furniture is just aesthetic as well. How is a non-aging peice of furniture better than a non-aging trinket?

Personally, I like seeing the stuff in my display case.

Epi,
oooh shiny!
Epimetheus
Retired

[Nov 4, 2005 8:08:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

The sea shells could turn into a sea-shell drinking cup

I would collect this, even if it had no more power than a wooden cup.

If this ever gets implemented, its my opinion that we should be able to have 'prestige items' that aren't any different in performance than a regular item of its type. (The Shell-cup working like a goblet for instance).
http://www.maghtuireadh.org/
http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Manannan%27s_Seawolves

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
--------------------------------------------
"It's the damn of a new era!" - Pyn
[Nov 4, 2005 8:21:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

It'd be nice if OM dolls were portrait items, with the pirate figure holding the little doll in their hand.
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Nov 4, 2005 8:31:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
Argro

I thought you weren't supposed to try and collect all the trinkets?

Did I say that out loud?
Argro
Old Sea Dog

Epimetheus wrote: 
I've been inappropriate for a long time

[Nov 4, 2005 8:38:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

I thought they were trinkets?
I took my own advice.
[Nov 4, 2005 8:54:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

What if people don't care about trinkets because they're only a few weeks old and haven't become a "big deal"?
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Nov 4, 2005 8:58:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Teowawki

Or what if you collect all the zombie Trinkets and you get to turn into a zombie at night. Of course it would only be night on Skellie island but it is still an interesting trick.
[Nov 4, 2005 9:01:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

Or what if you collect all the zombie Trinkets and you get to turn into a zombie at night. Of course it would only be night on Skellie island but it is still an interesting trick.

Nahh, if you get all the zombie trinkets you should be able to put them together for a zombie familiar that follows you around.

Yes. I'm kidding.

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
[Nov 4, 2005 9:04:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
KingGoob

Hehe, how about if you get all the OM dolls they combine to form "Super Power Cleaver Zord Doll"!

Because that would mean that cleaver is greater then the rest of the OM's. And since we are all human we are all equal.

I told my boss that, and now I'm unemployed. You owe me.
Jack Handey wrote: 
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

[Nov 4, 2005 9:23:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Trinkets for blockade rounds puzzled in. OR for Blockade rounds you puzzled in where your side won the round, even better.

Cap that...not just one for every round. Either one max per blockade, OR progressive trinkets. Common one for one round won, slightly better for 2 winning rounds, even better for winning the blockade.

OR just one for puzzling at least one full round in any blockade where the side you puzzled on WAS the victor (or maybe 3 rounds, 'cause otherwise folks will do one round on each side, to guarantee a trinket, then run away lol)

Just some ideas to incorporate getting a few trinkets to the masses, and make blockades more fun for the little guy!
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by imwamphyr at Nov 4, 2005 2:00:33 PM]
[Nov 4, 2005 1:58:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Trinkets for blockade rounds puzzled in. OR for Blockade rounds you puzzled in where your side won the round, even better.

Cap that...not just one for every round. Either one max per blockade, OR progressive trinkets. Common one for one round won, slightly better for 2 winning rounds, even better for winning the blockade.

OR just one for puzzling at least one full round in any blockade where the side you puzzled on WAS the victor (or maybe 3 rounds, 'cause otherwise folks will do one round on each side, to guarantee a trinket, then run away lol)

Just some ideas to incorporate getting a few trinkets to the masses, and make blockades more fun for the little guy!

Trinkets for scoring 50, 100, 200 cummulative points in blockades as the nav.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Nov 4, 2005 2:15:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

Blockade Trinkets

Ships Sunk - # of ships sunk in a blockade. Every pirate on the ship striking the sinking blow gets a trinket with the name of the ship(s) sunk, the date, and what island was being blockaded. The Captain gets a gold trinket. (It should be a gold coin with a black X'd out ship on it) You get one per blockade.

Points scored (as mentioned above)

Victor - A trinket given to any pirate that participated in the blockade on the winning side.

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
[Nov 4, 2005 2:31:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Oooohhh, that one is purty!

Only get a trinket if the ship sunk was part of either an attacking or defending force...You don't get a trinket if I take an unoffiliated sloop in to try to get an injury, and you sink my butt.

Perhaps that could be, only sinking ships that are staffed to have influence...using in game mechanics there...*shrugs*
[Nov 4, 2005 2:43:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Seamusmclir

Yup. Like your contingencies.

Think injuries should follow the same logic.

Only get one if on a participating ship.

Obsidian Calls Us Home.
[Nov 4, 2005 2:44:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.maghtuireadh.org/forum/    seamusmclir [Link]  Go to top 
Gotagota

Blockade Trinkets

Ships Sunk - # of ships sunk in a blockade. Every pirate on the ship striking the sinking blow gets a trinket with the name of the ship(s) sunk, the date, and what island was being blockaded.

If ships themselves could carry trinkets, silhouettes of sunk ships that when mouseover'd gave the crew listing would be pretty damn cool. Or acted as hyperlinks to a stat page with the crews of boths ships and the date.
Fronsac, human.
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to
add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

[Nov 4, 2005 2:47:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Surlenza

I think it would be cool when you have an injury removed you get a Hook, Peg, or Eye Patch Trinket. That way you can still remember your battle scars without having to wear them all the time.
[Nov 5, 2005 10:51:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

I think it would be cool when you have an injury removed you get a Hook, Peg, or Eye Patch Trinket. That way you can still remember your battle scars without having to wear them all the time.

That's actually not a bad idea, dear. Me likey.
[Nov 5, 2005 11:11:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
ponytailguy

Actually, that's not a bad idea at all.

You can keep your appendix in a jar, your wisdom teeth in a box, and your other various removed body parts in other containers. Why can't you keep the peg/hook/patch?
The Ghost of Oceans Past
[Nov 5, 2005 11:13:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

Trinkets for being the top puzzler in a certain category (similar to the unique portrait item suggested by some in the past)
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Nov 5, 2005 11:48:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
vardian

Trinkets for scoring 50, 100, 200 cummulative points in blockades as the nav.

They would need to contribute a bit before they actually get the trinket it doesnt seem fair if they just sit on there and get 500 points and get a trinket winning the blockade is enough.
[Jan 22, 2007 8:12:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    giovannivermaas@yahoo.com [Link]  Go to top 
tcarr

mind the bump.
LordKalvan of Otherwhen, all oceans but mostly Midnight
[Jan 22, 2007 8:16:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sashamorning

Bumpy!

We seriously need this. Injuries are highly prized, but I personally don't like them. If I ever get injured, I'm going directly to the apoth to get it removed. (*GASP*) However, I know that many people treasure them highly.

I don't see why this would be a terrible thing. Make a non-tradeable injury trinket (or trophy... me likey trophies!) so that when you regrow your leg, you keep the peg. A glass eye/patch, hook, and starfish would be nice. ^_^ Also, maybe the hook could be a non-tradeable weapon, a la the backsword, since it already works as one.

I know this has little chance of happening, but I suspect it would be simplicity itself to code (after the art was done, of course). Comments?

~Sasha
Sashamorning - Fiery-haired, fiery-tempered, 100% me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shakespeare wrote: 
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

[Mar 26, 2008 10:27:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

If you want an injury, giving a trophy after removing it is a bit, well, illogical. It means you didn't want an injury to start with.

Besides, the Soggy Boot is probably just as indicative of hardcore sinking. A trophy for injuries basically just says "I got a random number assigned to me that generated this thing that I haven't got now, and wasn't particularly after".
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Mar 26, 2008 11:20:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
sashamorning

Grinfish wrote: 
If you want an injury, giving a trophy after removing it is a bit, well, illogical. It means you didn't want an injury to start with.

I wrote: 
Injuries are highly prized, but I personally don't like them. If I ever get injured, I'm going directly to the apoth to get it removed.

There are already trophies and trinkets that people don't want and wish they could get rid of (Proto-diamond, anyone?), and I'm witht he group that tends to think Jinxed Idol is a random trophy (although that really remains to be seen).

Still, I'm not sure why getting an injury and removing it should leave you with nothing. Yes, it's basically an RNG output for having been in a bunch of sinks, but if we're going to reduce it to that, why have the Boot at all? Shouldn't the injury, once obtained, be enough to show that you've done a bunch of sinking (well, in general, yes there are 1st time sinkers with injuries).

The Conch was converted into a map and trophy. Why not an injury?

~Sasha
Sashamorning - Fiery-haired, fiery-tempered, 100% me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shakespeare wrote: 
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

[Mar 26, 2008 11:46:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pomfret

Yeah, but rumbling with a hook (read gaff) is a pain in the booty.
Pomfret of Midnight Cerulean and Most Oceans
Except when I am Scroogie or somebody else

Stupid merger made me change my signature...
[Mar 27, 2008 8:26:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scrappyilse

I love the idea of making more use of trinkets and injuries. BUT, I love my trinkets :lol: It would be fun, though, if I could place them somewhere. i.e. the sand dollar on a part of sand near the pond with your house, but I can also think of other things, like placing flowers in a vase.

As someone already said earlier, furniture is also only esthaetic. After all, we can't use the chairs, sofa's and beds like we can in Real Life. So for trinkets being esthaetic, so be it. I wouldn't want several trinkets to turn in one furniture item. If that would be the case, I'd keep them all in my display case, I like them too much for that. If we could actually make use of the trinkets the way they are.... Well, that could be interesting in my opinion :)

Well, these were my 2 poes :)
~regards, Ilse~
Aye, me pirate's life is wonderful!
Obsidian Ocean:
Scrapper
[Mar 28, 2008 1:05:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://ilsemul.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Roleni

I want a nose trinket.

Please!
Thalatta & others

Hera tells ye, "You got me so flustered by the spanking, I booched my chat response!"
Hera tells ye, "Purple is the most awesome colour ever!"
[Mar 28, 2008 2:22:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 32   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates