• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5209 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
funnybones

Turbulently Trading Trinkets - Totally Reply to this Post

Trinkets should be able to be traded and displayed by anyone because everything else can and there is absolutely no good reason for them not to be. All of those reasons involving earning them are not good reasons, because you earn them by earning the PoE to buy them. I want to collect all of the non-metallic body parts and cannot and that makes me sad. I also object to their untradability on a deep moral level.

-Robinson
----------------------------------------
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Nov 1, 2005 10:20:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

Re: Turbulently Trading Trinkets - Totally Reply to this Post

All of those reasons involving earning them are not good reasons, because you earn them by earning the PoE to buy them. I want to collect all of the non-metallic body parts and cannot and that makes me sad.

To be brief, this is false. One could create greenie accounts until they had an account of each zombie color, then walk away with the whole set for no investment other than having a swordfight on each account.

Smythe,
maybe not quite so brief

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Edit 1 times, last edit by atteSmythe at Nov 1, 2005 11:47:16 PM]
[Nov 1, 2005 11:46:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

Except that it is impossible at this point since they needed to have been created before the halloween event. Something strange that i found was that i couldn't create a new account. i wanted to test some things as a greenie, but I couldn't find where to create new accounts. It's not in the accounts section, unless I totally and completely missed it.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Nov 2, 2005 12:21:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Xceptopec

You will have missed it somewhere, there is no way the Ringers would have halted account creations during the Zombie Apolocalypse, it simply would be not in their best interests to stop people trying to join a game that is in Gold status. Therefore what AtteSmythe said is infact not impossible, just somewhat unfeasable, because of the random allocations to teams, you would not be guarenteed to get 1 account on each team without having to create a large number of accounts (I'd conservatively say about 49 accounts based on the law of averages to guarentee one account for each team), and I doubt anyone would be willing to just create that many accounts.
Captain Callam

Commander, The Children Of Odin
Prince - Forseti's Justice

Also - (The original) Cutter - (Azure) Ice, Midnight, Cobalt, Sage, Hunter.
[Nov 2, 2005 5:22:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
phenylfairy

It's been mentioned in Technical Issues that OOO have booched the making of new accounts ability (broken link from the "account help" button). Only way to do it atm is via the game client, and then you hit the "you've made too many trial accounts!" wall.
Lethe: The Sea Hares, Day of the Tentacle (Viridian); Far Too Jolly Rogers, Looterati (Midnight)
MalkierKing wrote: 
ur mom iz a loot haha lolz!11onetwothreetesting

[Nov 2, 2005 6:44:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
KingGoob

All of those reasons involving earning them are not good reasons, because you earn them by earning the PoE to buy them. I want to collect all of the non-metallic body parts and cannot and that makes me sad.

To be brief, this is false. One could create greenie accounts until they had an account of each zombie color, then walk away with the whole set for no investment other than having a swordfight on each account.

Smythe,
maybe not quite so brief

Just wondering.....did anyone have different colored zombies? I was red on all four oceans. From the portrait thread it seemed TheRack was blue on all the oceans, but I may have misread. Coulda just been a fluke though.
Jack Handey wrote: 
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be laughing, then jumping off something.

[Nov 2, 2005 7:32:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
yegirl1

Has anyone actually traded the trinkets? I've tried to and they wouldn't go into the little trade boxes.... Maybe it's just me but I don't think they are tradable.
[Nov 2, 2005 7:33:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Resolve

Zombie color was account wide, on every ocean.

So if you were red on Cobalt, you would be red on Vird, and so would all of your alts.
Whitefire wrote: 
I swore I had you locked in when I burned down the house. No matter, I'll get you next time.

[Nov 2, 2005 7:34:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
d4rk0n3

Zombie color was based on account I believe, not per pirate/ocean.
[Nov 2, 2005 7:34:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
starrarose

Just wondering.....did anyone have different colored zombies? I was red on all four oceans. From the portrait thread it seemed TheRack was blue on all the oceans, but I may have misread. Coulda just been a fluke though.

Yep. I had a few red ones, a few yellow ones, a few blue ones - I couldn't get a white one to save my life though.

Multiple accounts are fun aren't they?
Phoenix - Black Plague to the core, Flag may change randomly.

Prometheus wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

I think the OM's suck and are cheats.

no u

-Pro

[Nov 2, 2005 7:56:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
imwamphyr

Has anyone actually traded the trinkets? I've tried to and they wouldn't go into the little trade boxes.... Maybe it's just me but I don't think they are tradable.
It's been mentioned, and no, they are not tradeable. That's sorta what sparked this thread off.
Selling my Grunion Collection!
174 ships, 164 sloops, ALL GRUNIONS!
[Nov 2, 2005 10:32:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Pirate Muroni [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

We're adjusting the display case to properly display non-tradable trinkets. Seems silly that it doesn't.
[Nov 2, 2005 10:36:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

It's been mentioned in Technical Issues that OOO have booched the making of new accounts ability (broken link from the "account help" button). Only way to do it atm is via the game client, and then you hit the "you've made too many trial accounts!" wall.

I think they removed this limitation. Either that, or a computer can now have >18 greenie accounts associated with it.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Nov 2, 2005 10:40:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
phenylfairy

I just tested it again, and it definitely won't let me make any more accounts. Maybe it's trying to subtly tell me to get on with my essay, pff. I used the method suggested in Technical Issues - open the client, clear out the account and password fields, quit, reopen and press the "make new account" button which comes up.

I know that the account limit resets after a certain period of time - could it be that it'd just been a while since you made some accounts, Piplicus?
Lethe: The Sea Hares, Day of the Tentacle (Viridian); Far Too Jolly Rogers, Looterati (Midnight)
MalkierKing wrote: 

[Nov 2, 2005 11:15:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
funnybones

Smythe,
maybe not quite so brief

And someone who was so inclined would be lame. However, unless most people would be lame or there would be enough lame people to make it a big deal (examples: forage camping, booty splitting) then it's not a very good reason.

Even if someone can exploit and have all of the zombie trinkets for free: So what? They're for fun and it's not like they're at all rare. I can't see how someone could be so worried about having something that they would be unhappy that someone else got it for money. It's juvenile (not Juven1le).
The Dread Pirates Robinson & Barthes, LLC

The poor complain; they always do. But that's just idle chatter.
Our system brings rewards to all. At least, to all who matter.

[Nov 2, 2005 3:23:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PsychoDan

So if you were red on Cobalt, you would be red on Vird, and so would all of your alts.

A bit of a derail, but I feel maybe this was a mistake. The event, though I thought it was fun, was a bit lackluster, as the placings seemed to settle out after just a couple hours. Though I can only speculate as to why, I think that the account wide team allocation might have had something to do with it. It's just speculation on my part, but I just found it highly coincidental that the rankings on Viridian and Cobalt were almost exactly inverted from Midnight's. I don't even know why I'm bothering with it, as it's a design issue that's unlikely to ever come up again in the future, but I was just disappointed in watching the rankings never really move from the first time I logged on after it started right up until the end of the event.
Sephoris, Senior Officer of the Radical Dreamers
[Nov 2, 2005 8:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RaelShark

A bit of a derail, but I feel maybe this was a mistake. The event, though I thought it was fun, was a bit lackluster, as the placings seemed to settle out after just a couple hours. Though I can only speculate as to why, I think that the account wide team allocation might have had something to do with it. It's just speculation on my part, but I just found it highly coincidental that the rankings on Viridian and Cobalt were almost exactly inverted from Midnight's. I don't even know why I'm bothering with it, as it's a design issue that's unlikely to ever come up again in the future, but I was just disappointed in watching the rankings never really move from the first time I logged on after it started right up until the end of the event.

That was kind of my problem with it. The event was a blast and just a great idea, but the actual results were a little blah because there was no way to guage your impact on the standings. Although this game tends to shy away from them, I really think the event would have benefit from some real scores for each team, so we'd all have a very clear idea of the impact of our efforts - in the same way that having clear scoring in blockades helps to unify each side and bolsters a team's efforts. You know where your side stands and what you need to do to get ahead.

Something to take into account for future events of this nature, as there hopefully will be...
Shark
Mascot of Ransack Marauders
[Nov 2, 2005 9:08:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.ransackmarauders.com [Link]  Go to top 
Mlik

I remember the final minutes of the event on Cobalt were pretty exciting as red, white and blue teams were fighting intensely for a last-minute boost.
Mlik, playing the Forum Game.
Play Diplomacy!
Xephin tells you, "Viva le Revolution!"
[Nov 3, 2005 10:24:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    _dharmy_    dharmy0    2654008 [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

The problem wasn't the high end, it was the low end. On Midnight, the top spots kept swapping around, but the bottom spots stayed at the bottom the entire weekend. I think folks saw that the team was down and didn't feel that they could do anything to bring it up, so they didn't play. Indeed, after winning a dozen or so challenges in a row, I found myself wondering if I was even doing any good, and my drive to compete wound down.

Smythe,
who still had fun, though, and really enjoyed being able to pick up a no-wager fight at any time

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Nov 3, 2005 10:30:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
Piplicus_BNO

I just tested it again, and it definitely won't let me make any more accounts. Maybe it's trying to subtly tell me to get on with my essay, pff. I used the method suggested in Technical Issues - open the client, clear out the account and password fields, quit, reopen and press the "make new account" button which comes up.

I know that the account limit resets after a certain period of time - could it be that it'd just been a while since you made some accounts, Piplicus?

13 in one go. Granted, I used the "back" button, as when I created the account, I had a webpage pop-up prompting me to add a CD key.

What Pip tried to do was something totally unprecedent. He, in some strange way, used Midnight as a test server, without him even knowing. [Crap, it sucks I was not online when he did that :'(... pfft, anyways]

Like a bad penny.
[Nov 3, 2005 10:37:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com    Intermission #3 - click here! [Link]  Go to top 
phenylfairy

Webpage? :S The way mine's working, it's all clienty. I open it up and have a choice of "I have an account" or "Make an account". "Make account" takes me to a screen with a box for account name, password and DOB. Or do you mean the little triangley arrow back button at the top of that screen?

There doesn't seem to be a way to make an account via puzzlepirates.com anymore...
MalkierKing wrote: 

[Nov 3, 2005 4:28:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Odd, but yea.

I just tried to make a new forum account, and it wouldn't let me. Even the register.wm page is now a login or download page.
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Nov 8, 2005 1:44:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Obligatory bump warning. Listed item.
Nemo wrote: 
We're adjusting the display case to properly display non-tradable trinkets. Seems silly that it doesn't.

Presumably only the owner can remove untradeable trinkets and have them appear in their inventory. To stop roommates (or anyone with access) from taking all of the 40 slots in a display case, perhaps any roommate can remove the untradeable trinkets, but like furniture, they would return to the owner.

Another approach would be to have (customizable, display case owner settable) constraints on the number of untradeable (plus tradeable) trinkets which could be placed by pirates with access to the display case.

Faulkston,
bouncing with the bump
[Jan 14, 2007 10:43:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates