• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Forum Status: Locked
Total posts in this thread: 48
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10041 times and has 47 replies Next Thread
Synful

[Cobalt]Halloween Bash Weekend!

The flag Spit into the Wind is holding a Halloween Bash weekend, October 29th to October 30th with 25 events in a row!

All times listed are gametime. Type /info in game to find the gametime and how it corresponds to your time.

Saturday, October 29th
7pm-Team Drinking-Contact=Synful-Prize=2 mugs(TBA and 5k each to first-3k each to second-2k each to third-
Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to event start time.
Rules=Game Setup: Classic rules (board stained, no mugs), 4 colors and shapes.- Teams should consist of two people. Takes place at Synful's Villa on Olive island.
- It will be set up tournament-style. Seeding will be random.
- Each game requires 2 members from each team seated across from each other such that the order of turns alternates between teams.

To do this, make sure you join the table in alternate positions, such as:

X Y X Y

- Highest combined score wins. This is different from OCL rules.
- In the case of a tie, a "sudden death" 1000 round will be played, no mugs, 4 colors/shapes. The winner's team advances.

8 pm-Swordfighting tournament-Contact=Squash-Prize=10k cascading to the third plus new sword(TBA) to winner-Rules=No fee. Random seeding, bring your own sword, 1 match per round-any tourney board

9 pm-Trick or Treat Costume Contest-Contact=Sarla-Prize=First place=10k poe plus an outfit(hat, top, bottom, boots), Second=6k poe plus new hat, Third=4k poe plus 3k credit at Synful's Tailor Stall on Sakejima-Rules=No fee. Takes place at Synful's Villa on Olive island, come dressed as a factual or fictional character-Prizes based on originality and how close to a fictional or factual person you can get.

10 pm-A L'il Bit O' Everythin' Auction-Contact=Sarla-We'll be auctioning off pirates, ships, clothes, furniture, just about everything, including the sloop Menacing Mummy! All proceeds from this auction will be redistributed throughout the bash for other event prizes. There may even be a special item to bid on other than what is listed. Must see to believe! This may be the last time anybody can bid on Synful herself as well.-Synful's Villa on Olive-serious bidders only. No charge to watch.

11 pm-Treasuredrop Tournament-Contact=Malamakai-Prize=10k poe cascading to the third-winner takes a new piece of furniture(TBA)-Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. Standard rounds, with fourth round halved.Random seeding.

Sunday, October 30th

Midnight-Footrace on Cabo De Hornos-Contact=Tril-Prize=First place=5k poe plus horn mug, Second=3k poe plus new sword(TBA), Third=2k poe plus clothing(TBA)-Rules=No fee. Whisks will be made available to Cabo. Walk the island to be the first to find the judge and offer a trade.

1 am-Swordfighting Tournament-Contact=Lichfield-Prize=10k poe cascading to third plus winner takes a new sword(TBA)-Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. One match per round. Bring your own sword.Random seeding.

1 am(yes, this is correct as it's daylight savings time)-Mugs drinking tournament-Contact=Lynnielondon-Prize=No fee. Any tournament board. One match per round. Bring yer own mug. Random seeding

2 am-Treasuredrop Tournament-Contact=Lichfield-Prize=10k poe cascading to the third-winner takes a new piece of furniture(TBA).-Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. Standard rounds, with fourth round halved.Random seeding.

3 am-Sloop Race-Contact=Lynnielondon-Prize=first place= Eerie Ghostship sloop, second place=6k, third place =4k-Rules=No fee. Use yer own sloop. Race will take place from Olive island to Dendrite and back. One person only. May use bots Must sail as fast as possible to Dendrite where you will sell one small cannonball to fort then return to Olive. First person to sell one small cannonball to both islands will win. Must have deeds available to transfer to judge for verification. Any sloop that has more than one person on board or does not sell a small cannonball to each island will be disqualified. Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to event.

4 am-No mugs classic drinking tournament.-Contact=Lichfield-Prize=20k cascade to third. -Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. No mugs. One match per round. Random seeding.

5 am-Traditional scavenger hunt.-Contact=Lynnielondon-Prize=first place=new outfit(hat, top, bottom, boots)+5k second=new mug(TBA)+3k third=new sword(TBA)+2k -Rules=No fee. Synful's Villa-backyard garden. Registration will begin 15 minutes prior to event. Participants will be given a list of items they must collect. When you have every item on the list, return to the villa and show each item in a trade transfer to Lynnielondon. Every item can be carried. Some items may require you to bring another pirate back to show the judge. Prizes for first three to finish their list.

6 am-Red light-Green light game.-Contact=Lichfield=Prize=20k to winner-Rules=No fee. Synful's villa on Olive island. Depending on number of participants, more than one round may need to be played. As with the old children's game, participants line up against one wall. When the light turns green, they may begin walking towards the other end of the room but beware! If the light turns red and yer still walking, you must return to the back wall and start again. First to reach the other wall wins. If more than one round needs to be played due to large number of participants, the winner of each round will play a final round for the prize.

7 am-Stick Swordfight Tournament-Contact=Malamakai-Prize=10k cascade to third-winner takes a new sword(TBA)-Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. One match per round. Random seeding. Everybody uses a stick.

8 am-Best Boat Contest-Contact=Malamakai-Prize=10k PoE to first place of three categories.-Rules=No fee. Dress your boat up, any size, as creatively as possble. Categories are best Halloween theme, Best use of furniture, Best Potpourri(anything goes). Send a tell to malamakai to register then she will send you a tell to be jobbed onto your boat.

9 am-Doubles sailing race-Contact=Synful-Prize=First place=twosloops, Black Cat and Wicked Witch, second place=6k poe, third place= 4k poe. Rules=No fee. Same rules as the above solo race except you may have one person to help you.

10 am-Treasuredrop Tournament-Contact=Squash-Prize=10k cascading to third plus winner takes new furniture(TBA)-Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. One match per round. Standard rules, fourth round halved. Random Seeding.

11 am-Price is Right-Contact=Synful-Prize=First=new outfit(hat, top, bottom, boots) plus 5k poe, second=new hat plus 3k poe, third=2k poe - Rules=No fee. Location to be announced. Each participant will be given clues to a specific piece of clothing in order panel. This will be type of clothing, and color combination. You then search the order panel for possible combinations. You may purchase additional clues for 100 poe each. First to send a tell with the correct item to Synful wins 1 pt. The pirate with the most points wins first place, then second most gets second place and third gets third place.

noon-Specific Mug Drinking Tournament-Contact=Tobias-Prize=10k cascade to third plus that mug(TBA) to winner-Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. One match per round. Everybody uses specific mug random colors. Random seeding.

1 pm-Red light-green light game-Contact=TBA-Prize=20k to winner-Rules=No fee. Synful's villa on Olive island. Depending on number of participants, more than one round may need to be played. As with the old children's game, participants line up against one wall. When the light turns green, they may begin walking towards the other end of the room but beware! If the light turns red and yer still walking, you lose and are out! First to reach the leader( one running event) wins. If more than one round needs to be played due to large number of participants, the winner of each round will play a final round for the prize.

2 pm-Specific sword SF tournament-Contact=Synful-Prize=10k cascade to third plus that sword(TBA) to winner-Rules=No fee. Any tournament board. Each player uses same sword of random colors. One match per round. Random seeding.

3pm-Submarine Race-Contact=Synful-Prize=First=Spooky Ghostfish, second=6k poe, third=4k poe - Rules=No fee. Each participant must deport their sloop about 30 minutes before start to fill bilge completely. May use bots but do not touch the bilge. One pirate per sloop. Must use own sloop. Participants will sail from Olive to Dendrite Island with full bilge. First to port wins. Registration will begin 30 minutes prior to start. Each vessel will be checked for full bilge before and after race. Anybody without full bilge will be disqualified.

4 pm-Red light-green light game-Contact=Tobias-Prize=20k to winner- Rules=No fee. Synful's villa on Olive island. Depending on number of participants, more than one round may need to be played. As with the old children's game, participants line up against one wall. When the light turns green, they may begin walking towards the other end of the room but beware! If the light turns red and yer still walking, you lose and are out! First to reach the leader( one running event) wins. If more than one round needs to be played due to large number of participants, the winner of each round will play a final round for the prize.

5 pm-Cabo foot race-Contact=Tril-Prize=First place=5k poe plus flagon mug, Second=3k poe plus new sword(TBA), Third=2k poe plus clothing(TBA)-Rules=No fee. Whisks will be made available to Cabo. Walk the island to be the first to find the judge and offer a trade.

6 pm-Scavenger Hunt Synful Style-Contact=Synful-Prize=First=20k plus furniture(TBA). Rules=No fee. Instead of looking for items, each participant will look for pirates who hold the answer to a clue. These pirates are not known so each participant must ask random pirates on different colonized islands in Jade arch a specific question to a clue. There may be more than one clue per island and there may be islands with no clues. When the participant gets all their clues, it will make a phrase. First participant to /tell Synful the correct phrase will win. Only one winner so don't share your phrases with anybody else.

All throughout the weekend, Synful's villa on Olive will be open for pirates to navigate their way through the maze in the dungeon(basement).

Total Prizes value=500+k

Any questions, feel free to ask here.
----------------------------------------
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Edit 11 times, last edit by Synful at Oct 30, 2005 7:24:42 AM]
[Oct 2, 2005 2:47:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DubRub

Re: [Cobalt]Halloween Bash Weekend!

Nice event. The post does hurt the eyes though. Could you leave a space between each sub-event?
Dubbrub - The Mad Professor next door
[Oct 3, 2005 2:40:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DragonRage

Are flaggies allowed to enter?

I might just show up to win the race and the doubles sailing.

On the topic of doubles sailing, are you allowed to enter solo if you want?

If not, I can find someone suitably 1337 to help.

Phade,
Never turning down free ships.
Like, up in Canada, it's cold as a bastard! Out in Seattle, it rains like bastard! Down in Texas, it's muggy as a bastard!
[Oct 3, 2005 7:42:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Preacher+of+Pie [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

The entire ocean is eligible to enter and win. Your choice on the doubles sail.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 3, 2005 9:06:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Updated some of the prizes and events.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 7, 2005 5:54:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Sorry, Dub and thanks for the suggestion. I don't know how to bullet in this new fangled forum type and tables look horrible so I wasn't sure how to make it look good other than color. The spaces really do help though.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 10, 2005 5:02:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RicketyCat

Dumb question, but then I'm rather thick:

Which time zone are those times in?

Thank You
[Oct 19, 2005 10:59:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

all events are listed in game time/PST time. That was listed in the second part.
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Oct 19, 2005 11:23:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sayshay

Okay so um what time is this for alaska where i live cause i wanna do stuff like this but i can't cause i don't know what time it is here?
[Oct 20, 2005 11:02:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blue_jacket

The easiest way to make sure is to just type /info while you're in-game and compare your current local time to the game time--times given are in Pacific Standard, or Pirate Time.

The events start at 6 pm Alaskan Daylight Time, though.
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Oct 21, 2005 3:27:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Bump! Changed the color of the post for easier reading and changed some details that weren't clear. Please remember that full rules for events other than the automated tournaments will be given before the start of the event by the person running the event. Also, the auction will include items that even the poorest pirates can bid on as well as the wealthier pirates. Any pirate being bid on holds the right to refuse to do something should it be against the general ToS of Puzzle Pirates. Time for those pirates are three hour blocks. It is up to the pirate and the winner of that pirate to determine how they break up that three hour block.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 24, 2005 4:54:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
7Steven7

Sounds great, just one question. Does the "Contact=Whoever" meen to contact them to register? Or what?
Steven
Senior Officer
The Last Guy You Wanna Meet
[Oct 25, 2005 3:28:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vexrm

Hey stupid question.
I had planned out a costume, and then the masks were released and basicly ruined it. Is there any way to enter with the origional idea or should I come up with a new one now that I know what the masks look like?
Vex
[Oct 26, 2005 8:39:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

We will make exceptions for the masks. Yeah, mine kinda went squat also. But we can figure it out with what it should look like I think.

As for contact names, that's the person in charge of that particular event. Sometimes you will contact them to register, sometimes ye just need to know who is in charge at that time. Watch for broadcasts on the ocean for further information.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 26, 2005 10:36:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Vexrm

If you like I can link to Quid Pro Clothes and my costume there as well as wear it (and the mask) to the event so you can see what it looks like without the mask even if I'm wearing it.
[Oct 26, 2005 11:21:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

Quid Pro Clothes has the masks as well on all costumes, from what I saw, so it won't help much.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Oct 27, 2005 12:32:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
Vexrm

Quid Pro Clothes has the masks as well on all costumes, from what I saw, so it won't help much.

Yeah they changed that after I posted.
*Sighs* Oh well...
[Oct 27, 2005 8:27:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Doing anything at Quid Pro Clothes wouldn't do much where I am concerned because I am not a member of that site nor do I intend to be. Just something I don't want to do, although I think its wonderful there is such a program for those wanting to use it.

I'm sure ye'll do just fine with whatever hat yer using..we'll just use our imaginations to remove the fishface from ye...harr!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 28, 2005 1:09:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rappak

What the judges could do is to click on the person. that does remove the mask. Oh the horror of not having a true masked ball...
Rappak, memmer of the oceans.

Rappak- Ex-king of Something Powerful (Cobalt)/ex-Lord of Indestructible Fury, a caged free-bird forever.
Rappak- Officer in Easily Distracted (Midnight)/Mem helper in CT/Where am I?
[Oct 28, 2005 8:11:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

There ye go, now we have it settled :)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 28, 2005 9:41:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

What the judges could do is to click on the person. that does remove the mask. Oh the horror of not having a true masked ball...

Ye never know, I may just toss a masked ball for the last event as a surprise! Yarr!
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 28, 2005 1:24:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lionizer

8 am-Best Boat Contest-Contact=Malamakai-Prize=10k PoE to first place of three categories.-Rules=No fee. Dress your boat up, any size, as creatively as possble. Categories are best Halloween theme, Best use of furniture, Best Potpourri(anything goes). Send a tell to malamakai to register then she will send you a tell to be jobbed onto your boat.

Is this event on a particular ocean, or can I enter my Ice-sloop?
[Oct 28, 2005 5:32:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://lionizer.dk/pirate [Link]  Go to top 
Headrock

Ever since I heard that there was going to be a costume contest, I've started preparing for the joyous event.

So I woke up two days ago and logged on, to find that the hats had been altered and were now masks. I was kinda frustrated that they hadn't turned us into zombies like last year, since that would've worked perfectly with my first choice for a grand costume. But "nevermind", I said, and began buying articles for my alternative yet also highly good costume.

I was gathering up some pillage poe today for that last and most important part of the costume, when suddenly everyone turns into green zombies! Imagine my surprise, as I started scurrying about, looking to see if I had enough money to buy the FIRST costume I was planning, as well as hoping to get a portrait of that costume since things were going so great towards its completion. It would've looked great.

So I pillaged like a maniac into the small hours of the night.

Then suddenly, everything changed again.

Differently colored zombies, all with black hair, and it is now impossible to wear hats altogether!

So my question is - What gives? How are we supposed to dress up for the costume contest if we can't wear hats and don't look like anything remotely alive? So basically now I've got about 30k worth of two SEPARATE sets of costumes, neither of which will work.

Please enlighten me, because the confusion is killing me, I don't know what's going to happen with the costume contest and it's kinda depairing that our appearances keep changing every few hours of gameplay. Any ideas? Anything?
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Headrock at Oct 28, 2005 5:56:13 PM]
[Oct 28, 2005 5:54:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swabbybeth

The Costume Contest will be running as planned, regardless of the releases from Three Rings.

Everyone will be in the same boat regarding the zombie-ness, so no one pirate will have an advantage over another.
I understand that it must be frustrating, especially after spending time and poe on costumes for the contest. I'm really sorry about it. We had no idea when the contest was being planned that Three Rings was going to make us all zombies!

The judges and myself will, of course, take into consideration the hat you had picked for yer outfit. All participants will be given the chance to describe the hat they had planned to wear. Judges will use either their imaginations or the QPC database to put the hat on yer pirate.

I ask that everyone still participate, because I am really looking forward to everyone's costumes! I also ask that everyone have fun, even with this difficulty. That's what we're here for, right! Har!
Sexysarla: Proud Fandango

Cleaver wrote: 
the focus of the game is definitely on Piracy and hot Pirate-on-Pirate action

[Oct 28, 2005 6:35:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sarla23 [Link]  Go to top 
Headrock

Everyone will be in the same boat regarding the zombie-ness, so no one pirate will have an advantage over another.

Actually, some pirates would. There seems to be a bug in the program that causes people to revert to normal condition. There appears to be no straightforward way to reproduce the bug, and yet it still happens. I personally have met three people who have reverted to their normal appearance AND who are planning to participate in the contest. They can wear hats normally too.

Guess it wouldn't be as fair...
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Headrock at Oct 28, 2005 9:37:23 PM]
[Oct 28, 2005 9:36:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
swabbybeth

Actually, some pirates would. There seems to be a bug in the program that causes people to revert to normal condition. There appears to be no straightforward way to reproduce the bug, and yet it still happens. I personally have met three people who have reverted to their normal appearance AND who are planning to participate in the contest. They can wear hats normally too.

Guess it wouldn't be as fair...

Overall, it doesn't really matter.
Those who reverted back did not ask for the bug to happen to them, it seems, since there's not a straightforward way to reproduce it, and it would be unfair to ban them from the contest because of this. However, I will require that they remove their hat so they can be on equal grounds as the zombiefied players.
The physical appearance of the pirate itself will not be consdered, only the costume they choose to wear. I suppose if participants want, the judges can also include hair style into that, because the style of the hair was not changed for the zombie release.

Also as a side note:
Rules for the costume contest and the auction I'm running afterwards will be stated before the event begins. This means you must be there at the scheduled time, or you may miss something important that could cause you to become disqualified! We don't want that!
Any trouble makers that feel the need to behave badly at my two events will meet a swift punishment and will be unable to participate in these events. :)
Sexysarla: Proud Fandango

Cleaver wrote: 
the focus of the game is definitely on Piracy and hot Pirate-on-Pirate action

[Oct 29, 2005 12:35:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    sarla23 [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

Is this event on a particular ocean, or can I enter my Ice-sloop?

The entire event is on Cobalt, so no, Ice, Midnight, Viridian and Sage do not qualify. Sorry.
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 29, 2005 1:07:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Synful

IF there is absolutely a problem with costumes for this event because of zombiness, I will reschedule this event for Monday or Tuesday when the zombies go away and costumes return.

I am in the same boat, I planned for one costume, we turned green so I planned for another, then we turned to zombies. At this point, I have no idea why the Ringers even brought out the costumes if they didn't intend to let us wear them this weekend. Don't get me wrong, I am having fun with the zombies but this event has been posted for a month and a simple PM to let me know this may not be possible to complete this particular weekend would have allowed for us to replace this event with something else.

It'll be ok, we'll have FUN anyway!

PS. Please do not start a flamewar in this thread. This is the fun thread. :)
The name is Synful.
------------------------
[Oct 29, 2005 1:15:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Headrock

IF there is absolutely a problem with costumes for this event because of zombiness, I will reschedule this event for Monday or Tuesday when the zombies go away and costumes return.

I vote yae, absolutely, and yet with a heavy heart since it IS a halloween costume party. We could have it right after midnight tomorrow, just after the zombies disappear. I think the lack of hats has really screwed up the contest most of all, but similarly, the rules of the contest declare that one must dress up as a fictional or real-life character, which kinda conflicts with the blue/purple/whatever skin and that menacing expression (Though I did actually buy a costume for a ZOMBIE character, which I can't use cause of the hats thing ;)). So I think the contest should be moved. Interesting to know how many more people would vote yae for this.
[Oct 29, 2005 10:01:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nechelovek

i agree.. costume contest should be moved.
[Oct 29, 2005 10:32:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 48   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates