• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 386
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 83237 times and has 385 replies Next Thread
54x

Map of the Midnight Ocean Reply to this Post

Small: With commodity info or without

Large: With commodity info or without

Extra Large: With commodity info or without

Wallpapers:
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024

It's best to pm me this data, although I will also check this thread if it gets replies. If you've benefitted from my forage map please don't keep any other information you've found on your own to yourself, share it with the community. Any corrections to existing data are welcome, too- even marketed islands aren't fully confirmed/correct. Thanks for any time you guys spend helping me with this.

Updated: Changed X icon to outpost islands, as the only marketed island left is Papaya. It has a triange for now. Also updated so that you can see new outposts and colonies. Implemented corrections from Quizzical. I've been cautious with updating icons this time around, so if you feel I've given your island an icon that isn't as "high" up the chain as it deserves, please leave a note at the end of the thread.

ALSO: My political map of the ocean:

Firstly: Don't be insulted if you're not included in the map. It's only a brief account of island owners, their allies, and anyone who's blockaded a Vilya island. The largest flag of an alliance is listed first. Flags are only placeholder graphics, and if you'd like my to update them along with the associated island icons, please use this chart and post in the thread that you want a new flag (and which flag you are "ordering for", too. Please only ask if you've taken over an island, or are already on the chart) Red is colour 1, green colour 2, and pink colour 3. You may choose any colour you can order clothes in for any area, plus "gold."

You may have noticed changes to the icon system, so I prepared a brief explaination which may be more useful than the blunt labels applied through the key:

Changes:

The last version brought about one significant change I'd like to note here. Essentially, the ocean is much more of a free system right now than it has ever been since it has opened. The original concept of the map was dealing with Azure, which was a heavily dev/OM-controlled ocean. So, now, I've changed the way I'm using that triangle icon, and that circle icon. I knew my island icons would have to change as colonisation plans became clear anyway.

The triangle now simply represents an island that is "under development." Whiskable is a nice short term for this. You can home on these islands, but your average pirate on the seas won't be likely to, because there's not enough there for them to really home there. The island with a dev market is marked with a triangle for now.

The circle is a bit more contentious. I've listed it as palace, but it's more complex than that. It basically means: "You can home here, but the island's mostly relying on stalls at the moment." Palace is a requirement for this step, because it means the governer thinks the development is going reasonably good and is ready to have people home on that island.

The square is down as shoppes. For now, it simply means "one of every shoppe." This will be a bit more difficult with small islands, but I probably won't change it. People are more likely to want these icons to represent how developed the island is absolutely than relative to its size. They're much more useful this way. Squares will likely correlate with spawning greenies.

Please note that I've NOT assigned triangles to most islands to insult your progress. I just don't think people would be homing there, except to help you get it built. Oh, and congratulations to Imperio and Looterati for building such successful islands that I am confident they "deserve" the circle.

To clear up the triangle confusion, I've added an X icon. This is for islands that are too small to be properly colonised, and may only have a fort and a shoppe. Both of these are transferred when the island changes hands. These islands are known as outposts.
----------------------------------------
Diamondblade, Cartographer, Crimson Tide.
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Edit 16 times, last edit by 54x at Oct 27, 2003 2:50:14 PM]
[Oct 27, 2003 2:50:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
54x

The image is back Reply to this Post

The first, somewhat useful map is up. This will definately help those of us who know the sailing times >:)
from Midnight.
Dear sir or madam can you read my book, it took me years to write, will you take a look?
[Oct 28, 2003 3:51:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
svarog

Re: Map of the Midnight Ocean Reply to this Post

You do realize you'll need an official cartographer status at some point, don't ye?

Fantastic work yet again.
[Oct 28, 2003 3:59:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Illumini

I have a couple maps for Jet. haven't been down there yet tho.
Tachler: Captain of the Jolly Rogers and King of the flag The Black Spot
[Oct 28, 2003 4:02:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Cool, if you're still on by the end of my jobbing run I'll give you a /tell about those Jet maps. Thanks :)
from Midnight.
[Oct 28, 2003 4:13:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
atteSmythe

I have an Orca-Tinga. Look me up.

atteSmythe,
hopin' to help this lovely project, once again

Attesmythe receives loot: [Gauntlets of Social Responsibility]
Attesmythe receives loot: [Ring of Mandatory Selflessness]

[Oct 28, 2003 4:18:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://attesmythe.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Again? ;) You planning on colonising endurance in Midnight too?

I'll add you to the list of 'people who's boats I need to visit after I finish this jobbing round.'
from Midnight.
[Oct 28, 2003 4:44:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Genavee

Oyster is does NOT have a market as of last night.

Foragging only.

Thought I'd let ya know mate
Genavee

Senior Officer of The Sea Dogs
[Oct 28, 2003 4:54:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I recently saw that, but thanks anyway. I now have a bunch of disconnected islands, so if you've got inter-arch maps to jet or ruby, or a maps off the inter-arch islands for coral, opal, ruby, jet, sapphire, (got one of those now) or pearl, again, let me know via /tell diamondblade :)
from Midnight.
[Oct 28, 2003 5:04:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
RCMasterAA

For the Turtle -> Ruby route, Turtle connects to Jorvik, I've got the inter map. /tell Liat in the game.
~~~ Liat ~~~
Sailmaster Extraordinaire
Gets out and pushes

[Oct 28, 2003 5:13:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Whew. Someone close to my timezone. I'll see about catching you this afternoon/tonight, Liat, as I need to help me crew towards a cutter as well as map the midnight ocean :)
from Midnight.
[Oct 28, 2003 5:19:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Luinwe

FYI... There is an Alpha/Winter Solstice for Midnight (5 Leagues) in a zig zag pattern. The starting league from Alpha shares the lane with Alpha/Cnossos. The ending league at Winter Solstice is shared with Winter Solstice/Oyster.

Great job on the map mate!

EDIT: This is not a purchase map.
Senior Officer of the Enders
[Oct 28, 2003 6:07:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tabbifli

I have seen an Ostreum -> Wrasse map pillaged. I didn't see the route, but at least you know where the connections for those are now.

I have a Lynx - Eta and a O'Reilly - Cleopatra's Pearls that you can take a look at. See Oro or any Innocent officer in game. I'll leave a note that they're to job you if you contact them to look at maps.
Oro

All But Malice : Forum Space for Independant Crews, Small Flags and Alliances.
[Oct 28, 2003 8:41:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.allbutmalice.org    tabbifli    melissatabbifli [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I've seen Ostreum Wrasse. I'll add Alpha-Winter. Nobody seen a byrne-oyster? I want to wait a while before I take that off just in case. More important now is getting a coherent picture of the outer archs.

So, updates I will be making:

Correct colours for Opal & Coral
Oyster as uncolonised
Oseberg-flow
O'reilly-Nuptial
Eclipse-Chaparral
Ostreum-Wrasse
Tinga-Orca
Byrne-Remora
Remora-Iris
Remore-Beta, and by connection, Beta-Iris
Spring-Forge
Forge-Xi
Any others I see
Turtle as an inter-arch island, confirming that ruby branches off it.
from Midnight.
[Oct 28, 2003 10:57:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

The Yellow turbans have a

Orca-Norse
and Nu to Oseberg

/tell Diven, Sunshine or Quiglin :)

Atte! We have to use ur Tinga-Orca and our Orca-Norse map to explore the area! I really want to go to Endurance again!
[Oct 28, 2003 11:28:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I bet you approve that Opal is yellow now, too? ;)

I'll look out for you. Btw I now have a lot of sapphire, crabs-uxmal, carbs-remora, crabs-iris. So I probably just need routes to beta, vernal, and verdant that I don't already have.
from Midnight.
[Oct 28, 2003 12:15:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

/me grins

I love the fact that the Opal arch is now yellow!
[Oct 28, 2003 12:44:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
Chamaelleo

Very nice :)

I also have a spare maps from Turtle to Jorvik (Ruby).

Park Island - Delta Island (Coral).

The Horseshoe crabs - Iris Island (Sapphire)

The Horseshoe crabs - Uxmal Island (Sapphire)

/tell Jocelyn if ye need some help setting these on yer map
[Oct 28, 2003 12:55:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Chamaelleo [Link]  Go to top 
Cryptic

We have a Meke or something or other to somewhere or other...

It's SE of Park. I'll get back to ye with details on that.
Cryptic

When the fell moon rises and kingdoms fall
There's a time of darkness before cock's call
When the Tide washes in from windward to lee
And she leaves behind her a blood-red sea
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Cool. Anyone who I have yet to talk to may want to re-check the map to be sure that I haven't added anything that they were going to show me, as I've re-uploaded it.

Also note the fancy new icons that are closer to the larger version's ones... :)
from Midnight.
[Oct 28, 2003 5:11:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Rastigi

We got boarded by yellow+ vessels several times from cnossos to guava, both ways. Methinks that this be a route with above average difficulty.
Bubbablue,
SO of Bubba Gump Shrimpin' Co.
Vote Bubba for President in '08, cause Shrimpin' is Great!
Cleaver wrote: 
Anything else? Please don't say, 'Make everything FREEEEEE!!1!!'

[Oct 28, 2003 5:20:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cmdrzoom

As before, I applaud your diligent cartography. It's great to watch Midnight taking shape here.

I do have one request/suggestion, though: how about making Pearl's color lighter, more of an "ice" blue than the current teal? It would help distinguish it from Sapphire, and be a little more like the stone for which it's named, without looking too much like Diamond (IMO).
Starhawk of Mad Mutineers, Azure
Catalina of Twilight's Sabre, Cobalt
[Oct 28, 2003 6:25:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
keyla

/me wouldnt want to sail from uxmal to flow
[size=9]Captain of the Rudder Royals! Want to join us for Midnight? Shoot me a PM :)
leaving this signature as it is because its a relic :p
[Oct 28, 2003 6:33:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Yeah, the idea is that the difficulty colours corrospond with the maximum difficulty of ships that will attack you, or the minimum difficulty for the easier routes. I've been attacked by a pretty red orange on Byrne-Alpha, but I suspect it is red like before.

EDIT: I've now got Turtle-Jorvik recorded.
from Midnight.
[Oct 29, 2003 4:04:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Strawberi

whee Opal arch is semi-up!

My crew managed to get a Waterberry-Boyle map!

Waterberry has swopped with the old Endurance and Boyle has swopped places with Norse.

And we finally sailed to Endurance today. She is still there. Bless 'er

/me sheds a tear
[Oct 29, 2003 10:22:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://snx8.pitas.com [Link]  Go to top 
54x

Give me a tell if you're on :) Coral is taking shape too.
from Midnight.
[Oct 29, 2003 11:49:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Alie

I've got:

Cleo to Zeta
(pearl, I guess?)

Jet:
Eclipse to Chaparral
Namath to Rhinoceros Ridge
RR to Lagniappe

I've been /who'ing you every few hours but no joy yet, Diamond. Send me a tell if you see me on, or to Spinn.
[Oct 30, 2003 3:09:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    strangeQuarks [Link]  Go to top 
54x

I've /who-ed you and you're offline, IO'm suspecting that you're in, say, a european timezone?
from Midnight.
[Oct 30, 2003 8:55:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.mjwhitehead.com/    raasike54    secondlight5454    32987700 [Link]  Go to top 
Alie

Actually, no, I'm just a American with weiiiiiiiird hours.
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    strangeQuarks [Link]  Go to top 
Icemanv2k1

Ruby arch has stayed the same as far as I can tell. We have Jorvik-Eta, Jorvik-Turtle, Jorvil-Islay and they're all the same as in Azure.
--------------------------------------------------
Prince of the Last Exiles
Senior Officer of The Last Exiles
Co-owner of Man O' War on Cranberry
[Oct 31, 2003 10:15:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 386   Pages: 13   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates