• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10137 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Yakuza

Eliminate the countdown on brawls Reply to this Post

I'd rather that both sides agree to fight, as its hard to see the brawl table and check someones stats at the same time.
----------------------------------------
Homullus wrote: 
...it does bother me when people think that games are not reality. They are.

[Aug 1, 2005 11:44:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
rroberts

Re: Eliminate the countdown on brawls Reply to this Post

If you are facing 3 Ultimates, and you have an Ultimate on your side, would you be happy for the brawl to start if an able joined you?
[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.chestertongrant.co.uk [Link]  Go to top 
chewyshoe

But both sides do get to accept in essence, if tableowner doesn't want enemy to play he can boot and if enemy doesn't want to verus tableowner he can leave.
Funny exam answers | Free online contests
[Aug 1, 2005 5:15:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheRack

The issue arrises if the table changes after you join, and you miss the countdown.

[size=9]This is not my suport for a change, just pointing out the fact
Cephalopod, on poker, wrote: 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it isn't rigged.

Period. End of story.

[Aug 1, 2005 7:05:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chewyshoe

TheRack wrote: 
The issue arrises if the table changes after you join, and you miss the countdown.

Watch your screen more carefully then, personally I don't want to join a brawl just to have to wait 5 minutes because the person is afk. Also then you have the problem with greenies not knowing to accept.
Funny exam answers | Free online contests
[Aug 1, 2005 7:49:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

It's fine as it is, but can someone explain why 2v2 brawls are unrated? It sort of sucks...
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Aug 1, 2005 8:50:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

Rmarsbar wrote: 
It's fine as it is, but can someone explain why 2v2 brawls are unrated? It sort of sucks...

This should have it's own separate thread so that I can agree with you in more detail. :)
Epimetheus
Retired

[Aug 1, 2005 8:55:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

chewyshoe wrote: 
TheRack wrote: 

Watch your screen more carefully then, personally I don't want to join a brawl just to have to wait 5 minutes because the person is afk. Also then you have the problem with greenies not knowing to accept.

It sounds like your ok with dueling someone that isn't there. Also, if the button needs to be more visible, then ok, make it more visible.

The problem isn't only that someone may be afk, or checking what could be a possible alts stats... its also that the screen jumps around so much that you have to scroll up and down the tables to see where yours is. Much of that, in itself, could be reduced if the default table size weren't 12... something that greenies make alot of - only to see that they forgot to move the slider and that noone wants to join them. They then close the table out and all the tables slide back up to replace the space they used.
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 1, 2005 11:36:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
jlgijsbers

Yakuza wrote: 
Much of that, in itself, could be reduced if the default table size weren't 12... something that greenies make alot of - only to see that they forgot to move the slider and that noone wants to join them. They then close the table out and all the tables slide back up to replace the space they used.

Default table size on Ice is 3. Should be on the other oceans soon enough.
Blinkoing
Walking with pumas in Bolivia. Ex-cabin person of DyD.
[Aug 2, 2005 12:27:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    jlgijsbers [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

jlgijsbers wrote: 
Yakuza wrote: 
Much of that, in itself, could be reduced if the default table size weren't 12... something that greenies make alot of - only to see that they forgot to move the slider and that noone wants to join them. They then close the table out and all the tables slide back up to replace the space they used.

Default table size on Ice is 3. Should be on the other oceans soon enough.

Heh, and here I thought Peghead had forgot about me :)
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 2, 2005 1:02:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
Demeana

Why not have a trade-like screen, where everyone has to check or uncheck accept?
Shelleagh on Sage
[Aug 2, 2005 3:17:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Demeana wrote: 
Why not have a trade-like screen, where everyone has to check or uncheck accept?

Clicking join = accept
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Aug 2, 2005 4:33:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
drc500free

Rmarsbar wrote: 
Demeana wrote: 

Clicking join = accept
And in a trade, if someone changes the terms, your accept box is unchecked. This doesn't happen for brawls, and probably should.
-Darvid
sundancer wrote: 
will you please explain to me one more time why it would not be acceptable to blockade us?
Squid wrote: 
Because I shouldn't have to go through all that effort.

[Aug 2, 2005 4:37:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
rixation

drc500free wrote: 
And in a trade, if someone changes the terms, your accept box is unchecked. This doesn't happen for brawls, and probably should.

Agreed.
Epimetheus
Retired

[Aug 2, 2005 5:00:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Someone joining and not accepting will piss you off far worse and be much more common than a random 'better than thou' joining on the other side.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Aug 2, 2005 6:16:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

Rmarsbar wrote: 
Someone joining and not accepting will piss you off far worse and be much more common than a random 'better than thou' joining on the other side.

What about a 5 second countdown to accept? If the party doesn't accept they are booted from the table.
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 2, 2005 6:41:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

Rmarsbar wrote: 
will piss you off

Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Aug 2, 2005 6:49:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

Rmarsbar wrote: 
Rmarsbar wrote: 
will piss you off

Not as much as a game starting with someone I don't want to brawl with since I constantly have to screen players due to alt exploits, making the brawl screen impossible to see.

If the default table size were cut down to 3, and we could see Experience / Standing along with possibly the Sword on the interface, that would give me very little reason to not be able to see my table at all times.

The way it is now, 50% of my matches start while I am unable to view the table, and thats not because I am inattentive, its due to bad game design.
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 2, 2005 9:26:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
Rmarsbar

It says 'starting in 5...' at the bottom of the brawl screen regardless of where your table is.
Rmarzbarr, a Superlemon!
[Aug 2, 2005 9:28:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Marziepants    Marziepants1    334439659 [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

Rmarsbar wrote: 
It says 'starting in 5...' at the bottom of the brawl screen regardless of where your table is.

Not when I am checking info. You make it sound like you wouldn't want more info displayed on the brawl interface, why is that?
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 2, 2005 9:30:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
LethalLizord

Yakuza wrote: 
Rmarsbar wrote: 

Not when I am checking info. You make it sound like you wouldn't want more info displayed on the brawl interface, why is that?

maybe a not too loud not too soft beep on each second before it starts? ;)
~Viridian~
SnakeEye
Captain of Devil's Playground, Pay for Play

~Sage~
SnakeEyes
Officer of Hell's Angels, Hell's Wrath

~Hunter~
SnakeEyes
Senior Officer of Black September, The Eye
[Aug 2, 2005 9:41:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

That would be helpful, but I would rather that I didn't have to check peoples infos at all, that it would all be available in a clear and concise format right there on the brawl table. It only makes sense in a wagered brawl that both parties info is made available to both sides, so you can make a clear and conscious decision as to who you wager your hard earned poe against.
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 2, 2005 9:43:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
Peghead
Developer

brawls starting Reply to this Post

- Probably we won't do "I'm ready" boxes for each player, as that would just be annoying with so many people.

- I'd like to make the countdown more visible. Having a beep at each number would help, but I think that that would be really annoying. What about making the countdown larger or in red, or some other visual change?

- Unrated brawls: that's a bug. I haven't been able to track it down, it puzzles me so. I'll put something in to just always set the games to rated.
[Aug 3, 2005 2:18:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

I take it adding more info about the contenders would be too difficult? If there was a way to see someones experience, along with thier standing (and the sword would be just awesome) then there would be little reason to ever move your eyes off the brawl table.

As for the countdown, its already there... It doesn't lose my attention when I can actually see the brawl table, rather when I have to check someones standings to make sure they aren't playing an alt or they aren't someone who I wouldn't feel to comfortable with taking thier poe.
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 3, 2005 2:24:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
Peghead
Developer

Yakuza wrote: 
I take it adding more info about the contenders would be too difficult? If there was a way to see someones experience, along with thier standing (and the sword would be just awesome) then there would be little reason to ever move your eyes off the brawl table.

Adding the sword would be good. Adding the experience might be nice too, but I worry about information overload.

Making those changes are larger and not really on my current list, but I'll see if I can fit them in sooner or later.
[Aug 3, 2005 2:34:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yakuza

/em gets anxiously excited
Homullus wrote: 

[Aug 3, 2005 2:37:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.cc/phpBB    kingbarz@yahoo.com    kingbarz80 [Link]  Go to top 
Peghead
Developer

Yakuza wrote: 
/em gets anxiously excited

Don't get excited! I thought I made it clear that I wasn't going to have time for it anytime soon.
[Aug 3, 2005 5:10:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BehindCurtai

Bump

Still no time soon, or no yes time soon?
"We're trying to find the error bars on that number"

Dylan wrote: 
Why buy sham poo when real poo is so readily available

[Jul 23, 2006 9:50:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://StrictConstitution.BlogSpot.Com [Link]  Go to top 
tlz_allen

BUMP

Since this is where Faulkston pointed us and locked the other thread (/e shakes my fist at the Faulkston!) I bumped this because I think it needs attention again. I would love to see the player's experience level of my opponent as well as the weapon they have. There are several good ideas in here that have merit and woul dbe very helpful in fighting Alt/Modder abuse.
TlzAllen
Captain, The Dawntreaders
[Sep 24, 2008 11:49:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    tlz_allen2 [Link]  Go to top 
nunny_45

Experience yes, but weopons might be a bit much. No one wants thier strike pattern to be worked out before the fight has even started.
Nunny
[Sep 24, 2008 11:59:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates