• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1242 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
aj0518

Gems Reply to this Post

How do I find gems in the Viridian Ocean? Where are they located? Also, once I find them, how do I retrieve them? Are there any special skils or equipment needed?
[Jul 30, 2005 12:41:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: Gems Reply to this Post

This should be posted in Tips & Tricks, Questions & Answers.

Gems can be foraged from uncolonized islands (a rare event) or bought from markets, although there are relatively few islands with markets on Viridian.

Faulkston,
redirecting
----------------------------------------
[Jul 30, 2005 1:16:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
blue_jacket

And, unless I'm mistaken, gems don't exist on Viridian or Cobalt. It's a feature only on Midnight.

In fact, the game files only have an image of Jade gems.
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Jul 30, 2005 2:08:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

On Midnight only the markets of capital islands buy gems. Cobalt and Viridian don't have capital islands do they? If there are gems on these two oceans, there's going to have to be a different way for the gems to be bought.

Faulkston,
doesn't play on either of those two oceans
[Jul 30, 2005 2:22:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Gloraelin

They sort of have capitol islands - Dragon's Nest, Lima, and Sakejima are all owned by the Ringers. But then, all of those are in the same arch, so I don't really know.

Gloraelin,
lurks on those oceans.
Jen wrote: 
yes glor.. your boobs are vuluptously awesome.

Ye have received a trade request from Thunderbird.
Those two offers are identical, what's the point?

[Jul 30, 2005 2:46:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.livejournal.com/users/gloraelin/    gloraelin    gloraelin [Link]  Go to top 
bemis

No markets in Cobalt (and presumably, Viridian) have buy offers posted for Gems, so even if you did manage to forage them up, they still wouldn't be sellable.
Bemis - Senior Officer, Yarr Talk/National Pirate Radio on Cobalt
[Jul 31, 2005 1:48:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MrDARKLORD

ok i have found some what appear to be gems in the midnight ocean..but i cant forage for em...ne ideas?
[Apr 14, 2006 1:21:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theorize

The most common ways to get gems are to travel around all the islands with a market and seeing if they are selling any. The gem prices are cheaper the further away they are from the capital island that will buy them (so more profit but more sailing time/risk).

Please take a look at the wiki here: click me
Theorize - Midnight Cerulean Obsidian Ocean

[Apr 14, 2006 2:05:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CountCristo

The most common ways to get gems are to travel around all the islands with a market and seeing if they are selling any. The gem prices are cheaper the further away they are from the capital island that will buy them (so more profit but more sailing time/risk).

Or you can save yourself a ton of time by using the Pirate Commodity Trader. It will tell you the buying and selling price of any commodity on any ocean, among other things.
Cristo-Viridian and occasionally the rest.
[Apr 14, 2006 2:41:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates