• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 51
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4378 times and has 50 replies Next Thread
Faulkston

Re: (Un-)Official Yohoho! Puzzle Pirates Wiki Reply to this Post

Some but not all release notes have anchors.

Faulkston,
anchors are nice
----------------------------------------
[Jun 17, 2005 2:25:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Callistan

Faulkston wrote: 
Some but not all release notes have anchors.

Aye, as do some, but not all sections in other pages. Liz mentioned accepting patches (in unified diff format) so perhaps one of us could help ourselves and them first submitting patches for anchors.

Perhaps Liz (or other dev) could weigh in on how best to submit them, but I suspect that they would be better as email attachments, or PM's than pasted into any forum thread, especially this one.
kah-LISS-tin, once and future pirate, maintainer of YPP Maps
If you can manage to pin the beast down, we'll pop him into the code. - Nemo
[Jun 18, 2005 5:51:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://maps.warbrig.com [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

Yep Ihope, it was me. Same username and all - who would've guessed. ;) Anyway, currently, I'm doing some work for Cobalt and such, and minor stuff here and there. I can help if people need ASCII art (like on cannon balls) a lot, since I used to do that (wrote FAQs for GameFAQs) so I know my way with it. For some of the stuff, I'm still unsure how we want to handle it, so I want to see some examples before I start work. I can always put in additional info later.
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jun 18, 2005 6:30:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

What kinds of things do you want examples for? I'm sure we can create a few frameworks that will help people get started.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jun 18, 2005 7:17:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
VPeric

What to write about the shoppes (except the already present "produces:x" stuff). What to write about specific commodities (do we talk about all the things it's used for? How do we go about doing it?). And.. eh, that's it for now. /e is too sleepy.
Wlada, Former King of Bloody Hell and former Captain of Sudden Death, Cobalt.
Vlada, Officer of the Rudder Royals, Azure.
[Jun 18, 2005 7:27:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

forum posts might be missed, so yes, e-mail attachments are probably the best way to go.
[Jun 18, 2005 7:28:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

This is getting out of hand. I made 'Tyroney' a sysop and am adding (constructive) criticisms to every page...

My wiki. You can't have it. *cough cough* I mean it just looks rather weird, all this does...
No soy un número. ¡Soy un hombre gratis!
[Jun 18, 2005 9:29:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

Sorry if the Wiki's growing out of control, Ihope. It's a big project, and it's going to take many people to get it off the ground.

Personally, I'm really appreciative that you started it up. When put it together, it will be a superior resource to these forums for storing information. (Forums are really better for discussing than for information retrieval.)

What strikes you as weird about it?
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jun 18, 2005 12:08:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

Haha, yep. Here's a quote from Wikicities:

MeatBallWiki says:

It takes time. In the first two weeks, friends will create their home-pages and leave a few kind words for you on the wiki. Be prepared to spend three, four or more months adding content all by yourself. You will be contributing at least 95% if not 98% of all content. That requires about 1-2 years of 1-2 hours of daily work.

Do not kid yourself. Only a dozen people will actively contribute to the wiki in the beginnings. They write the remaining 2-5% of the content. You might start to see a change after a year or two and 1000 or 2000 pages written.

It's not supposed to be big yet! I want it to stay small for 1-2 years with only 12 contributors! I want THEM to write 2-5% of the content!

Of course that's half sarcasm.
[Jun 19, 2005 12:22:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stripey2004

The nature of Wiki's are for control to be decentralised except for sysop's and the like. The Silver Dawn page is proving to be a great way for us to store our history.
Featherfin
SO - Ransack Marauders, Lord - Marauders Pact
YPPedia administrator | Island Designer
"What's the Welsh for sea cucumber?" - Orsino
[Jun 19, 2005 1:34:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    FeatherfinYIPP [Link]  Go to top 
Zyborg22

Well, I joined and put a bit of information on the Commanding Officer page. However, I don't really have that much experience with Wikis.

Because of that, I have a question. Should I upload snapshots of commodities taken from the game, or would that violate some sort of copyright law of some kind?
Zyborg - Avatar done by Kingpriam.
Senior Officer of the crew The Legends
Member of the flag Crimson Tide
[Jun 19, 2005 4:19:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Zyborg22    Zyborg200 [Link]  Go to top 
Lizthegrey
Developer (retired)

Go ahead as long as you credit us, and link back to puzzlepirates.com
[Jun 19, 2005 5:03:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://plus.google.com/106912596786226524817/posts [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

Yep. Feel free to ignore copyrights. If I get an e-mail from OOO I'll stop you. ;-)
[Jun 21, 2005 2:29:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DaneT

As much as I hate myself for posting this...
What is a wiki?
It has been said, my friends, that I like war. My friends, I like War. No...I LOVE WAR!

Danet - An old salt of Y!PP, but not the oldest by a long shot.
[Jun 21, 2005 10:47:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Callistan

Wikipedia's self definitition is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki
Wikipedia wrote: 
Wiki.... is a web application that allows users to add content, as on an Internet forum, but also allows anyone to edit the content.

Much discussion was had here: http://www.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=19710 , which is the thread that spawned this thread.
kah-LISS-tin, once and future pirate, maintainer of YPP Maps
If you can manage to pin the beast down, we'll pop him into the code. - Nemo
[Jun 21, 2005 11:00:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://maps.warbrig.com [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

I have just noticed that there isn't an info page for captain... That's really weird as there is one for all other pages.

and is there anyway I can link directly to the Hot pirate on pirate action from the PvP page I made?
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Jun 21, 2005 7:13:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Barrister

The Wiki is a work in progress. For example, just finally got a page up for each of the Midnight islands earlier today. (Cobalt and Viridian were finished a couple days ago.)

It's okay to link to a non-existent page. When the page is created, your link will be filled in properly.

And, feel free to create new pages. Just try to make sure they look something like the other pages. If not, the gnomes will come along and edit your text....

Actually, this seems like a good time to mention that all Island owners should take a look at the relevant island pages and make any corrections, additions, etc. We're especially interested in getting island histories written.
Barrister
- YPPedia Administrator
- Looterati
[Jun 21, 2005 8:56:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Amosko

stefsorceror wrote: 
and is there anyway I can link directly to the Hot pirate on pirate action from the PvP page I made?

To link to a previously created page:
Go to that page.
Check what it's title/link is.
On you page, type in that name.
Highlight it.
Click on create internal link.

I think that is how it is done.
Zebulan, Scribe of Innocent of Silver Dawn!
The Ruby Arch: More fun than a barrel!!
[Jun 21, 2005 9:31:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
ihope127

I think I'm confused.

To link to a page called Page Name, simply type [[Page Name]]. To have the link say something other than where it's pointing, type something like [[Name of Page|Page Name]].
[Jun 21, 2005 11:54:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stefsorceror

Amosko wrote: 
stefsorceror wrote: 

To link to a previously created page:
Go to that page.
Check what it's title/link is.
On you page, type in that name.
Highlight it.
Click on create internal link.

I think that is how it is done.

I was actually talking about the precise Hot pirate on pirate action hidden in the docs. There is no direct anchor link to that part of the page if I'm right, and it's hidden deep in the sea battle docs. I wanted a direct link to the place they talk about pvp. I already knew how you link :)
Tibiaking. Member of TTB, SN. Too cool to have a quote in my signature.

Disclaimer: None of my posts are ment to be offensive. Any tarting about the offensiveness of my posts will be ingored.
[Jun 22, 2005 5:06:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blue_jacket

You can link to external pages by either using [http://www.puzzlepirates.com/docs/seabattles.html Hot Pirate on Pirate Pillaging Action] or Hot Pirate on Pirate Pillaging Action <sup>[http://www.puzzlepirates.com/docs/seabattles.html]</sup>

But no, there doesn't appear to be an anchor.
-Yaten
YPPedia administrator. Mostly retired.

[Jun 22, 2005 6:13:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    YatenPirate [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 51   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates