• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 66
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5280 times and has 65 replies Next Thread
xlsrules

Re: I Have been Unlawfully Imprisoned! (see post on second page) Reply to this Post

Vurogj wrote: 
How have ye not got a forum ban yet?

Apologies to OP, and mods. Delete this post and chastise me at yer leisure.

ill do it!

-Gowan, the OM wannabe
----------------------------------------
-Real Name is Gowan in real life and in Midnight Ocean (look at the Av)
-Gunner of Stolen Angels
-ALL HAIL GARY BROLSMA!!!!!!!!!
-Bigger Lime lover than Mordrid
[Jun 2, 2005 12:22:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Matthias

Re: I Have been Unlawfully Imprisoned! (see post on second page) Reply to this Post

xlsrules wrote: 

-Gowan, the OM wannabe

I find this amusing.

Look, mate, while your enthusiasm is commendable, you're going about it the wrong way (unless you're trying to be annoying). You need to slow down and think about everything you say - this isn't a fast-moving forum, and people will remember your posts.

A good rule of thumb is to remember that the people who read your post are spending a bit of time to read your post. You want them to feel like it was time well-spent. If you make them feel like they've wasted their time, they'll be annoyed at you for wasting it. This is why no-one likes Stevedave, for example. (Just kiddin' mate.)

Also, this is a predominantly mature community, so young'ins have to play catch-up a bit or risk annoying the other forum users.
I took my own advice.
[Jun 2, 2005 9:06:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevedave

Matthias wrote: 
This is why no-one likes Stevedave, for example.

But I like everyone...

Maybe I need to bring the sad-pandatar back.
I put the "Sexy" in Dyslexia!
[Jun 2, 2005 9:58:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/someschmuck31    Someschmuck31 [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

stevedave wrote: 
Maybe I need to bring the sad-pandatar back.

No! Sinfest!

Kinocha wrote: 
Nemo wrote: 
Indeed. Does anyone really call their baby by its name?

Yes, my sis, but that is more becouse you can't find a short form for H?kon or any nicks that sounds almost ok :)

That's not what I meant. I don't really call Benjamin by anything like his name. I call him Chubbycheeks, or Mayor McStink, or Mr. Chunk, or Buddy, or Captain Craputron, and sometimes Count Poopula. I'll call him Babypants, or Senor Buss Fudget, or Crankenstein, or Mr. Magoo, or Dimplodocus, or Stinky Malinky. And sometimes, on rare occasions, I'll even call him Ben. But mostly not.
[Jun 3, 2005 2:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevedave

Nemo wrote: 
That's not what I meant. I don't really call Benjamin by anything like his name. I call him Chubbycheeks, or Mayor McStink, or Mr. Chunk, or Buddy, or Captain Craputron, and sometimes Count Poopula. I'll call him Babypants, or Senor Buss Fudget, or Crankenstein, or Mr. Magoo, or Dimplodocus, or Stinky Malinky. And sometimes, on rare occasions, I'll even call him Ben. But mostly not.

You should hear the nickname my dad has been calling me since I was 3 or 4. My older brother was just Budnicks, my little brother was "Sid, the kid, Vicious" (he had a temper as a little kid. I was "Brad Alan Rippey monster load carebear". He still calls me that to this day.

-Stevedave
Who just gave up that he is niether a Steve nor a Dave.
[Jun 3, 2005 2:04:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/someschmuck31    Someschmuck31 [Link]  Go to top 
spoppy

Nemo wrote: 

I hope you keep a record of this somewhere. You can call him by these names at choice moments later in life. Prom, for example. Or graduation.
Spoppy, Ex-Captain of the Imperial Fists
Ex-Queen of Lost Legion
Un-Wife of Sanders
Catboy wrote: 
Buy her avatars. They will bring you sunshine kisses and rainbow dreams.

[Jun 3, 2005 2:29:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Triumvirete

And accompanying pictures.
--Aelesaia
[Jun 3, 2005 3:34:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    aelesaia [Link]  Go to top 
spiritello

Dragonlilly wrote: 
Nemo wrote: 

Indeed. Does anyone really call their baby by its name?

We call her Bronwynne more then Bug, as Smurrf just pointed out to me.

Though, do kids really need shortened versions of their names? Pet names like Bug are one thing, but I doubt she will keep Bug forever. And we really can't go the abriviated route, or else she will be teased endlessly.

Bam Bam!

So yeah, Bronwynne or Bug it is, for now.

i know at least one girl who on her first attempt at kindergarten didnt know her name wasnt froggie
Gauri
Captain of the Brain Sturgeons
Lady of Bloody Hell
Cobalt
[Jun 3, 2005 4:42:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevedave

Dragonlilly wrote: 

Bam Bam!

Her initials are BAM too? I never got made fun of for that.
[Jun 3, 2005 4:44:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.myspace.com/someschmuck31    Someschmuck31 [Link]  Go to top 
homullus

Nemo wrote: 

A co-worker called her boy "Roundy." I saw pictures. He was.
[Jun 3, 2005 5:36:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    homullus [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

spiritello wrote: 
i know at least one girl who on her first attempt at kindergarten didnt know her name wasnt froggie

I can't believe I forgot! I call him Little Frog all the time. He has little froggy legs.
[Jun 3, 2005 6:14:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eurydice
Community Manager

I know someone who was a colicky baby and her parents still call her the Vomit Comet.
Sigismundo tells you, "Ask not for whom the tiny violin shrills. It shrills for thee."
[Jun 3, 2005 6:19:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.guildcafe.com/member/Eurydice [Link]  Go to top 
Sylviad1

Monster is still a great one... my friend calls my god daughter that. She was never offended by her mom's nickname as Elmo was one of her favorites. Heehee.
Chihiro
Senior Officer, Ransack Marauders
Elitist Bastard
[Jun 3, 2005 6:24:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Chihirod1    Chihirod1    240681084 [Link]  Go to top 
starstx33

Wow, you should have one giant "all about the baby" thread to update constantly.
Congrats on the mini-pirate's movement.
Caspian: Dodging metaphorical bullets since 1984
New and improved: Caspianne coming to a Malachite near you!
[Jun 3, 2005 1:11:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    starstx33 [Link]  Go to top 
mantus23

My sister was "Poopenheimer" until she was 3 which magically transformed into "Jennifart" until she was 6.

It took her a long time to get over those ones.
"The Colonel" Sanders
Blockade Technology Division: Notorious Fandango
Not not not Governor of Endurance or Nu.
Not Spoppy's husband
[Jun 3, 2005 1:57:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Bronwynne, can I come over and call you silly names?
[Jun 4, 2005 3:28:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bronwynne

Nemo wrote: 
Bronwynne, can I come over and call you silly names?

You are more then welcome to come over, if you bring Benjamin with ya. :D But, uh, why do you want to call me silly names? What did I do?
[URL=http://img54.echo.cx/my.php?image=6m0175jo.jpg]
[/URL]
I be Bronwynne, I be the first of the Baby Dangos! Yarr!

Lookie, I am a cutie!

I am not food!

[Jun 4, 2005 3:36:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://pics.livejournal.com/sarahendipity/gallery/000133g9 [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Bronwynne wrote: 
What did I do?
\

What did you do? You're the cute little Fatpants! You're the Bugbear! You're the Chubby Buggy! Look at those cheeks! You are the Chunkamunk! Chubbabubba!
[Jun 4, 2005 3:51:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thusnelda

I was minding my friends' seven-month-old twins today at our garage sale. Let me tell you, the parents were were QUITE amused at the nicknames. Of course, they also own onesies that say "My dad's a badass" and "My mom's a badass."
Madam, proud Looterata
Why are old people playing on this game i dont know its probly something to do with control but its kind of werd. Get a life or a girl friend or mabe even a wife but if your an adult that plays this game your a loser
[Jun 4, 2005 5:13:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bronwynne

I have been unlawfully imprisoned!!!
Protests:

Resigns herself to this brutal unjustice.

I be Bronwynne, I be the first of the Baby Dangos! Yarr!

Lookie, I am a cutie!

I am not food!

[Jun 7, 2005 10:03:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://pics.livejournal.com/sarahendipity/gallery/000133g9 [Link]  Go to top 
lbm

I tried to beat a baby at typing... and LOST! I am so ashamed... :(

Doubloons have cost exactly the same price for years. 42 dubs for $10.

Oh, what's that? You want it to be easier to play the game FOR FREE? Sorry, kiddo. No sympathy.

[Jun 7, 2005 10:08:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
bokodasu

Nemo wrote: 

Man, now's when we really need MomDemos to post...
[size=9]Tomyris, Cult of the Red Mantis, Looterati
Bonnie, Octafish Dream, Viridian
[Jun 7, 2005 10:31:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
misled

When I was born, I had black hair and it was up in a spike, and stayed that way until I was about one. My parents would refer to me as Spike, until around the age I started talking. When I use software that my dad registered 10 years ago (or I should say used), for Company Name he'd always put Spike Scientific. And it seems now the bad nicknames just keep on coming, as my friends have made up a new one every year that just gets worse and worse...
Misled
(on hiatus...)
[Jun 8, 2005 12:33:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.misleddesigns.com    goatiesrule@yahoo.com    goatiesrule [Link]  Go to top 
Crooktooth

My parents, mostly my Dad, often called me a U.F.O.

Uncommonly Filthy Object.

I'm a boy. We play in dirt.
Putting live chickens in my enemy's underwear since December '03!
Avvy by Sancha!
Sloganizer says: "Crooktooth Prevents That Sinking Feeling."
[Jun 8, 2005 12:44:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://stoneknivesandbearskins.blogspot.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Julephenia

Lessee...

My parents called me a bunch of things.

Widgit/Widgum/Widg(appropriate diminuative here) - I curled up in a ball all the time. Still do.

Punk Rocker - Born with a full head of hair that often spiked when wet. It was the 80s.

Pumpkin - Got me on that one.

And any variation of my name except Reba. My real name, Rebecca, is remarkably versatile. Still didn't keep kids from teasing me in school. *sigh*
Oz is REAL, DAMMIT.
[Jun 8, 2005 4:18:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Why has nobody forum sigged any of this: ?

Nemo wrote: 
I call him Chubbycheeks, or Mayor McStink, or Mr. Chunk, or Buddy, or Captain Craputron, and sometimes Count Poopula. I'll call him Babypants, or Senor Buss Fudget, or Crankenstein, or Mr. Magoo, or Dimplodocus, or Stinky Malinky.

Nemo wrote: 
What did you do? You're the cute little Fatpants! You're the Bugbear! You're the Chubby Buggy! Look at those cheeks! You are the Chunkamunk! Chubbabubba!

I mean, i do my part for the silly Nemo comments in sigs, but I need some help here.
[Jun 8, 2005 7:58:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
chemicalgirl

My niece's name is Daisy June. (named after her greatgrandmothers, NOT a country bumpkin! Her parents are hippi-fied artists.)

I call her Daisy June-bug. Her parents call her "D". (My sister is simply "B" and brother-in-law is "J".) When she produces massive amounts of drool and goes for the non-toy objects, I say she has Deified them... "D"-ified.... kinda like being sainted, ya know?

Course, my sister has a hissy fit when I call her Diaperbutt and Stink-o-matic. Oh, and... She walked yesterday!!! ALL around the store, chasing after a toy like an old woman with a walker.
Silk

Stuyvesant flag officer chats, "You remember that whole "Midnight is better than Everything" phase?"
Silk flag officer chats, "phase...?"
Current Avatar by Falmari
[Jun 8, 2005 9:01:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Silk_Princess1978    Sylkprincess [Link]  Go to top 
Indeed

as wee tots, my brother and i were referred to as munchkin one and munchkin two. it varied by who was being pointed at when each was said.
Dmentia says, "It thrills me when Indeed is mean."
SomeIdiot tells you, "I am muting you, because you're unnormal, maybe you're hurt in real life"
Quoth Rubby, "There's something wrong with your brain."

[Jun 8, 2005 10:48:45 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.goonbunnies.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
rustyangel82

My grandmother called me Precious since she though my name was too big for a little baby... and Precious isn't? And my parents called me Sner-ica and Yoda... still wondering where yoda came from though.

Then when my little sister was old enough to realize that I had a nickname and she didn't, she demanded one. So she's Sweetpea. Or as my dad calls her tina-bo-bina.
[Jun 8, 2005 3:10:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zamorak

Devonin wrote: 
Why has nobody forum sigged any of this: ?

Nemo wrote: 
I call him Chubbycheeks, or Mayor McStink, or Mr. Chunk, or Buddy, or Captain Craputron, and sometimes Count Poopula. I'll call him Babypants, or Senor Buss Fudget, or Crankenstein, or Mr. Magoo, or Dimplodocus, or Stinky Malinky.

Nemo wrote: 

I mean, i do my part for the silly Nemo comments in sigs, but I need some help here.

There's some of your help Devonin. lol
Ebag
Nemo wrote: 

[Aug 9, 2005 4:00:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 66   Pages: 3   [ First Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates