• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3524 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
jiggly

help on deleted characters ! Reply to this Post

i accidentally deleted my character !! is there any way i can get him back?
[May 22, 2003 2:01:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
BootyLubber

Re: help on deleted characters ! Reply to this Post

Arrr, I always said Mr. Jiggly be a fine sailor, just not right in the head.
[May 22, 2003 3:31:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    robotcho [Link]  Go to top 
Hevneren

arr! Reply to this Post

wish they added a safety incase ye accidently pushed that button. like a little window that pops up with do you really want to delete this character and a yes or no button.
----------------------------------------
Give up or taste my swordfight skills!
hArr hArr!
[May 22, 2003 9:27:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

they do... you have to push the button twice... Although an added time delay would be nice (as well as the flashy little icon), as double clicking is fairly common.
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 22, 2003 10:13:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
Hevneren

oh Reply to this Post

maybe the screen could go red. maybe flash dark and brigt red with DANGER written in big letters on screen. and a alarm sound could be added. and u had to write in your password to delete it after you pushed the button!
Give up or taste my swordfight skills!
hArr hArr!
[May 22, 2003 10:26:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

I can sympathise Jiggly...almost deleted Sadako yesterday due to my mouse wandering problem (it has a life of its own!)

AFAIK you can only recreate a character named the same & start him again?
[May 23, 2003 1:45:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

What a world, what a world, what a world... Reply to this Post

Alas, yes, your character is gone for good. However, that's not nearly the problem in this game that it is in others. All of you character's "experience" is in your head (and fingers). The way the ranking system works, after an hour or so of puzzling you should reacquire all those lost puzzle ranks. As for gold or items, hopefully you have a friendly crew.

To more capably prevent this from happening, maybe the "confirm delete" button should be in a separate screen space from the regular "delete" button. Having them come up in the same button does make chronic double-clickers prone to deletion.

Condolences,
-Nemo
[May 23, 2003 2:06:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates