• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2015 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
Hevneren

new sea pillage booty %? Reply to this Post

when both clash togheter and ye fight out at sea. the bootey could depend on how many pirates the winning party have left. like if ye have only half yer crew alive then ye get 50% of the 30% total loot. or maybe drop some %prescent for each crew member thats died
like 1-3 % each or so.

VOTE! it only take a sec ppl :)
----------------------------------------
Give up or taste my swordfight skills!
hArr hArr!
[Edit 5 times, last edit by Hevneren at May 19, 2003 9:22:00 AM]
[May 19, 2003 9:22:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Vot about you mother? Reply to this Post

My own opinions aside, I wonder what you're giving away psychologically by providing only one slightly positive answer and two levels of negative ones...

-Nemo

edit: Ahh... that's better.
[May 19, 2003 9:25:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Livesey

Re: new sea pillage booty %? Reply to this Post

I love the close fight, where yer left with one pirate standing, too much to penalize it. If anything, I expect such a tough fight to earn MORE, since these must have been some tough pirates!

-Hethor
-Hethor
[May 19, 2003 11:12:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
stevoid

Encourage harder targets Reply to this Post

It's a nice idea to have the booty related to the toughness of the fight, but I personally like the closer fights - there's a great sense of satisfaction when your crew takes out a stronger or larger crew with only one of you left standing!

The suggestion of the booty being less if you manage to defeat a tougher opponent would make this not so worth the attempt, so you'd be better off picking on weaker crews rather than going out attacking brigs with a sloop (which was major fun yesterday!).

If it worked the other way round it would be more interesting...your crew of respected/master swordfighters takes out a brig of ultimates by the skin of its teeth so you got a bonus.

(And unless the puzzle starts regularly for all players it won't work right...quite often there's someone whose puzzle doesn't start so they die before a brick has fallen; in which case your crew is disadvantaged by missing a player already.)
[May 19, 2003 11:13:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hevneren

arr! Reply to this Post

aye ye be right fellas :)
hArr hArr!
[May 19, 2003 11:57:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nemo
Artist

Fun should be fun Reply to this Post

If it worked the other way round it would be more interesting...your crew of respected/master swordfighters takes out a brig of ultimates by the skin of its teeth so you got a bonus.

That's very interesting. I, for one, have been anxious for a reward for taking on tougher foes. I become frustrated when I watch easy ships pass me by ripe for plunder, but I know that we'll just crush them. Making the amount of fun relate somehow to the amount of reward would be very interesting, whether this is the way to do it or not...

-Nemo
[May 20, 2003 1:40:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Meghaford

agreed, balancing #'s and rankings is very important (although beware pirates keeping their ranking as able to take advantage of that)

so our crew of 11 which attacked that poor sloop of 3 should be getting very little out of the deal... perhaps a bit more if the sloop had ultimates on board.

However, this extra booty shouldn't come out of the losers pocket, as high ratings would be very undesirable then.
--Ursela, Captain of the Dastards
... and a few others ...
[May 20, 2003 2:01:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.rjmlb.com [Link]  Go to top 
muffy

fun should be fun, but booty should be booty Reply to this Post

The reward of winning a difficult-but-possible swordfight is in the ranking and the satisfaction (as well as the booty) The reward of trouncing a much weaker opponent is the booty (well, except for those pirates who think there's something impressive about beating 3 pirates with 10, I suppose...*grin*). The risk of the latter is, so I hear, in the navy and the Black Ship. The risk of the former is, of course, in the fight itself. To me, this all seems pretty equal - aye, it can get a bit boring to wander around dogpiling everything in sight, but the money is great, and then ye can afford to go out and fight the tough opponents. I think you're likely to get more booty from tough opponents anyway, as it is set up now, because they will have pillaged it from others who were not so skilled as yerselves and lost to them.
[May 20, 2003 2:04:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LonesomeCrow

The problem I've been seeing lately is while on a pillaging run, I generally have two choices. Attack the ships with the green circle, which I'm told is an indication that they be our equals, or I can attack the ship with the blue circle - an indication that they be weaker.

I don't really see much outside of these two, sure, the occasional Brig with a yellow/red circle, or sometimes a kinda teal. I'm not finding these indications to be very accurate. I've seen results all over the board.
After losing badly to a ship with a blue circle, I've easily beaten ships with a hard green circle. And vice versa.

I'm at the point where I don't know who to attack! :-) And I get a little put off when I get warned about the black ship for picking on 'weaker' crews, who pummel us worse than a ship with twice as many opponents.

So I'd like some clarification. Does green mean equal in number, or rating? And how is this calculated? matched up indivudually, or as a whole?

But to keep on topic of the thread, I tend to agree with the idea that closer matches should yeild more booty. this will encourage closer fights, which will increase the 'fun factor' even fer the loosers, (we almost had em!)

-Tarrna/Torgo
Tarrna: [Insignificant] Senior Officer - Sinking Feelings

Sergio Aragones wrote: 

[May 22, 2003 2:04:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hevneren

Arr Reply to this Post

well lonesome. all the blue ships or light blue ships ive attacked has less units than me. and never lost against those. but before when i attacked green ships ive never seen them with equal or less just moore than me so ive lost some times against those. but it prob all come down to how good yer crew is at swordfighting.
hArr hArr!
[May 22, 2003 10:02:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cleaver
Captain

Matches Reply to this Post

The old 'circle' match colours were out of line. They should be more reliable in the new new release.

We originally scaled the booty based on how evenly matched yer teams were. Perhaps we'll reinstate that... but we're hoping that the black ship will prevent yer from picking on too many blues.
[May 23, 2003 10:10:08 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.puzzlepirates.com/ [Link]  Go to top 
Vixen

Is the Black Ship takeable

I gonna try, but its pointless if the thing but superduper like
Vixen - Captain of The Black Widows.
[May 23, 2003 7:46:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates