• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1602 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
TheTarHeel50

[RESCHEDULED] SINKFEST 2.0 (2020 Quarantine Series) Come Get those Injuries! Reply to this Post

NOTE: We have to reschedule this event due to the technical issues detailed in my reply to this post below. I have updated the post with all of the new details! For anyone that cannot make the rescheduled date I will be providing a full refund for the missed sinks (192,000 PoE for the 16 sinks)

NOTE: if you participated in Sinkfest 1.0 please read the details below as I have changed the format! The last event was a lot of work so I have reduced the number of spots available and changed the entry fee to cash-only for everyone. We will be sinking baghlahs and junks this time so there are only 18 spots (17 not including myself) available.

What: Injury Sinkfest: 25 chances for each entered pirate to get an injury (starfish injury is not available from this event)
When: Friday, June 26th, 2020 2PM game time (US pacific time zone, PDT) [EDITED]
Where: Emerald Ocean, sinking event blockade at an island TBD
Why: Because injuries are hard to get, so let's increase those odds! And who doesn't need 25 fish bludgeons??
Who: Everyone is welcome but your pirate must be blockade eligible (two Narrow "pirating" stats and not a greenie

ENTRY FEE [EDITED]
300,000 PoE (12k per sink for 25 sinks) for anyone not entered in the first event on June 19th

100,000 PoE (roughly 11k per sink for the 9 additional sinks) for anyone who was entered in the first event on June 19th

• Trying to collect ships from all entrants was a bit of a hassle last time, so I will be supplying all of the ships for this round
  • Since we will not be sinking WBs this time, I had to increase the fee a bit to cover the ship cost. The bigger the ship, the cheaper it is to sink (but gets way more challenging for me to fill the event)
  • Do not provide your entry fee to anyone but Hansbrough or Gnome (in-game names). Nobody else will be collecting entry fees on my behalf

SECURING YOUR SPOT FOR THE EVENT

• I will be reaching back out to past participants, but if you are new to the event feel free to reach out to me - send a /tell to Hansbrough in-game.
  • Your spot in the event is not confirmed until you provide the entry fee. I was purposely very lenient with this rule last event and it caused me a lot more work, so I will not be holding any spots this time until the entry fee is submitted.
  • Once the participant list is full (18 pirates), I will take handful of backup names that will only be entered in the event in the case of last-minute cancellation(s).
  • IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you are confident that you will be available for the scheduled date/time before confirming your spot in the event. This event relies heavily on the coordination of all participants to run smoothly. See the Refund policy below.

HOW IT ALL WORKS
I will secure 25 ships (a mixture of baghlahs and junks) for the event fleet. At event time, you will job into my crew, Cannon Fodder (you will not have to leave your crew or anything, it's just like jobbing for a pillage or SMH). We will then board each of the 25 ships in turn and enter a sinking event blockade. There will be a WF already waiting in the blockade which will do the honors of sinking each of the ships. Each participant will sink 25 times. The last event took 75 minutes to sink 30 ships, I am hopeful that we can complete this event in an hour or less, but event time could vary.

DISCLAIMERS & REFUND POLICY
Please read these carefully. You will be required to confirm your acceptance of these conditions upon registering for the event. I apologize that these are so strict, but like I mentioned above, this event relies heavily on coordination with all participants and I cannot risk everyone else's event for a handful of people that back-out last minute or don?t show up. Plus, this is a significant investment so I want to try and be as fair as possible to everyone.

• REFUND POLICY: If you have to cancel after you have submitted your entry fee, we require that you find another pirate to take your place. Once the replacement pirate provides their entry fee, I will refund you in full.
  • If I am able to find a replacement or someone to take your spot before the event starts, I will provide you a full refund, but this is in no way a guarantee. If I cannot find someone, you will not be refunded. So please only register for the event if you are confident that you will be available (Friday June 19th at 2PM game time)
  • If the event needs to be fully cancelled for any reason, including low participation, you will be refunded in full as soon as possible.
  • There will be no partial refunds for remaining sinks even if you get the last injury that you need. If you get an injury early on and want to replace your spot with an alt that will be acceptable (your alt must be blockade eligible as mentioned above, please check before trying to job them for the event - this caused delays last time).
  • This event does NOT guarantee that you will get an injury, it just provides an opportunity.
  • If a spot in the event becomes available for any reason, the event coordinators reserve all rights to sell, auction, donate, or leave these spots empty.
  • You are NOT allowed to sell your spot on this event. You can only be replaced by someone if you need to back out and they need to provide the entry fee directly to me. Anyone found selling their spots will be dismissed from the event and your entry fee will follow the refund policy above and could be forfeited completely.
  • We will not be responsible for disconnects or other connection problems that cause you to miss sink(s).
  • We also will not hold up the event for a pirate that is consistently slow to board each ship. We need to sink 25 sinks in a limited time and cannot wait between each sink to load. You will be given a 2-3 minute courtesy on your first non-responsive boarding, after that we will not wait for you to board. You will not be refunded for missed sinks.
  • Please plan to be online 30 minutes before the event start, if possible. If you are not online and ready 5 minutes before the scheduled event start and there is someone available to take your spot, you will be replaced.

I know that disclaimer list sounds daunting, but I just want to make sure we have a smooth-running event for everyone. If you are sure that you will be available the time of the event and will be responsive throughout, you should have nothing to worry about!

Credit to all of the previous Sinkfest runners, especially Amnesty, for event specifics.

So long and thanks for all the fish!
-Hansbrough
----------------------------------------
[Edit 4 times, last edit by TheTarHeel50 at Jun 19, 2020 6:28:56 PM]
[Jun 13, 2020 9:48:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Re: SINKFEST 2.0 (2020 Quarantine Series) Come Get those Injuries! Reply to this Post

Im in!

/who ing you in-game now...

Edit: Paid June 14. See you there!
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by RonenOsden at Jun 14, 2020 1:06:16 PM]
[Jun 13, 2020 10:45:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
TheTarHeel50

Re: SINKFEST 2.0 (2020 Quarantine Series) Come Get those Injuries! Reply to this Post

Sounds good! I should probably mention that I likely wont be on much today, so dont go crazy trying to find me. The list wont fill immediately so will connect when we are both on.

-Hans
[Edit 4 times, last edit by TheTarHeel50 at Jun 13, 2020 11:02:50 AM]
[Jun 13, 2020 10:57:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
PirateYoHo90

Looking forward to this!! =)
Tinycat on Cerulean
Kattzzy on Emerald
[Jun 14, 2020 3:31:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

im in
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Jun 18, 2020 8:37:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TheTarHeel50

As most participants should be aware, we ran into a game bug where baghlahs were not able to enter the sinking blockade (even though the blockade settings specifically allowed them to). Since we had no problem sinking the junks, we were able to get 9 of the 25 sinks completed. However, even with Clotho's OM powers, we were not able to solve the baghlah issue - we tried two different blockades at two different islands.

Due to this, I will be rescheduling Sinkfest round 2 for next Friday June 26th at 2PM gametime (PDT) and will be resetting the sinks to 25 total (the 16 we missed from today plus 9 additional). Any participants that paid the entry fee for this week will only owe an additional 100k to cover the 9 additional sinks (roughly 11k per sink - a slightly discounted rate). I know there are some people who will not be able to make the rescheduled date so I will be refunding them this week for the 16 missed sinks (if you do not hear from me, please reach out here or in-game) - the refund will be 192k (12k per sink for 16 missed sinks).

Due to these pirates being unavailable, we will have a few open spots for next week, so if you are interested in the rescheduled date please let me know. The full entry fee is 300k for 25 sinks for anyone not signed up for today's event.

I will update my post above with the new date/time/information to hopefully avoid too much confusion (or create more, who knows!).

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding. I am hoping next week goes more smoothly!

-Hansbrough
[Jun 19, 2020 6:20:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates