• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3189 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
milton298

Volunteering for Grey Havens Reply to this Post

It occurred to me today that GH is a non-profit. So, I have a question for GH:

Would you allow people that want to help with Puzzle Pirates in their spare time to work on the game?

Not sure what you have one the table right now for the future but, I know there are many talented pirates that have a passion for the game.
----------------------------------------
Koiking is Japanese for Magicarp. Thanks for that name 2014 :P
[Apr 26, 2020 7:08:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hikariks

Re: Volunteering for Grey Havens Reply to this Post

Definitely an interesting question.
A lot of pirates out there still hold YPP dear to their hearts and would love to help the game out from their bottom of their hearts
Yumisa World Wide ;)
10 years in, still here, baby.
Can't find me? Im on Instagram!
[Apr 27, 2020 5:19:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.instagram.com/yumisaruka/ [Link]  Go to top 
Tidb

I think this idea would be readily taken up by the community, the potential is definately there. The issue is this would have to be led by GH and I have seen suggestions around this a lot in previous forum posts with no feedback from GH. I don't even know if they are reading the posts to be honest. IF they did though, and put some effort into running something like this, there is definately massive potential, from basic ideas such as new clothing, and furni, to new puzzles and so on. All they have to do is allow a team to be put together and approve their ideas (assuming the community has the relveant skills to put this together and are willing to do so). It would be a massive win-win for everyone.
[Apr 27, 2020 5:52:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
milton298

I'm thinking more for the long term. Eventually, there will be a time when GH will want to do something with their lives. If there is a community effort set up at that time, the transition will be smoother and not as devastating to the population.
Koiking is Japanese for Magicarp. Thanks for that name 2014 :P
[Apr 29, 2020 12:14:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

In order to maintain a base of volunteers (or employees for that matter) you need a dedicated team of support professionals. You need someone to recruit and "hire" volunteers, training them up, making sure they are up to speed on company culture and regulations. You need someone to supervise them, properly motivate them, reward them for doing well, and all that.

Just because volunteers are not paid does not mean there is no cost to having them. Having the wrong kind of volunteer could be a liability as well. At this point in time, Grey Havens is a close-knit team and like a family. I don't see them expanding the team by bringing in either volunteers or employees.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Apr 29, 2020 9:52:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Rick9109

In order to maintain a base of volunteers (or employees for that matter) you need a dedicated team of support professionals. You need someone to recruit and "hire" volunteers, training them up, making sure they are up to speed on company culture and regulations. You need someone to supervise them, properly motivate them, reward them for doing well, and all that.

Just because volunteers are not paid does not mean there is no cost to having them. Having the wrong kind of volunteer could be a liability as well. At this point in time, Grey Havens is a close-knit team and like a family. I don't see them expanding the team by bringing in either volunteers or employees.

Well-said.
Rome
Pirates of the Damned, Crimson Tide.
I don't care what it did to them, the game's been good to me.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Rick9109 at Jun 6, 2020 2:57:28 AM]
[Jun 6, 2020 2:57:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    rick9109    cactusrome [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Ive asked this multiple times and always get ignored,

also a few of us got together and offered to buy dark seas or another ocean server and got told they will never sell,
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Jun 18, 2020 8:22:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
army545

I think these kind of threads are pointless, and in general anything that goes directly towards GH is pointless.

If you take a look at the situation, you will notice that Puzzle Pirates is a money making machine by itself without too much maintenance. Be sure that PP makes enough money, otherwise if it was losing money they'd shut it down.

If it was a money-wise issue, they would do something by now when we reached over 1000 players because of covid19, I assume that rest of the world found out about PP because they probably were bored, or just old friends playing with new friends while they are home anyway on quarantine.

But even with 1000+ players, and I assume that increases the income by ALOT, they didn't even say a word.

So yeah, this finally proves me that PP has no future, if it will die once we all age out.
sadly, but that's probably the truth :/.

They prefer to spend their developing time on the other knights game because it's not as outdated as PP and it probably has more potential in the market.

Sadly that they don't see the potential in such a game, only if it was redesigned and implemented properly for todays market platforms, not exactly like it is designed today but a little easier and more 2015-present teen-friendly.
[Jun 29, 2020 6:58:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates