• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 853 times and has 7 replies
patgangster

The lobster grid Reply to this Post

It has been suggested to me that, because of the lobster being grouped in color groups, perhaps the color grid could be re-ordered to show this better. I have made this grid; do you guys prefer the old "regular color order" version, or the new "grouped by lobster color group" version?

Current version

Grouped by color group
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Feb 2, 2020 12:46:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Re: The lobster grid Reply to this Post

It's still a MASSIVE picture.
Maybe you can cut it up in 5 separate pictures?
Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer
[Feb 3, 2020 3:01:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
zapadapa

Grouped by colour is much easier to follow, but yes, breaking it up into 5 separate pictures would be good.
Zapa of Emerald
[Feb 3, 2020 3:20:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

I do like that idea for the current colors - but if they ever decide to introduce LE lobsters things would get awkward if there were 5 grids. What if there's wine/gold, and then later wine/purple? Do I make a sixth grid for "LE colors"? what if a booch box drops lime/magenta, where would that belong?
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Feb 4, 2020 5:32:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

I do like that idea for the current colors - but if

There is a danger in not doing something because "what if". I mean, should we get rid of all color grids because what if GH adds a new palette of 256 new colors?

*IF* GH decides to do something, we can go from there. Considering the lack of developers, I think it is very likely that nothing will ever happen.

If someone wants to put in the work to improve the yppedia, I'd say go for it. Be bold.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 5, 2020 6:59:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

They don't need developers to spawn a lobster in any existing color - but fair point. I prefer when the things I add are future-expandable, but for now I'll just go and split up the grid since that seems to be what people prefer to see and in the case they do release LE lobsters, we can decide what to do then.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Feb 5, 2020 8:20:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Fashionably late to the party but I'd love the grid to be changed to be in colour groups, if that's still one image or 5 different i don't mind.

However I was looking at the Spider page and that grid bothers me too, do you think we could do the something similar for the spiders? like a spider box grid and then the mystery/gold box spiders?
~Princessmg~
[Feb 14, 2020 10:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Yeah, although not as bad as the "5 in 1" of the Lobster, the spider grid does look a lot like a "2 grids in 1" grid. Probably is worth splitting.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Feb 16, 2020 10:19:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates