• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10614 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Galaxianight

Commodity Sprites Reply to this Post

Ahoy Pirates!

I'm looking for the in-game sprites for each commodity in the game - I've been working on a spreadsheet to help with stall / shoppe management for the past couple of months, and decided that it would be much better visually to have the commodity images in some of the columns and whatnot. Unfortunately, after scouring YPPedia and searching around for hours, I couldn't find anything other than the 118 images shown here. This is obviously not comprehensive, and lacks quite a few of the key commodities I'd like to see - namely, all of the cloths, fine cloths, enamels, and paints in the game. If anyone could help me get these sprites (preferably with a clear background), I'd be happy to help with some event organizing or spreadsheet management for them :)

Cheers,
Amythrumbler
----------------------------------------
Amythrumbler on Emerald~ (Migrated from Meridian)
Captain of Cute and Original

Me: Ommy am I sweet?
Ommy: Sweet and cute <3
Me: Cute enough for...you? :3
Ommy: Yep ^^
Me: So...we're married?
Ommy: ^_^

PARTNERS FOREVER!

[Aug 23, 2019 4:03:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Loozerme

Re: Commodity Sprites Reply to this Post

Which ones do you need?
--Loozerme--
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Loozerme at Aug 23, 2019 5:35:40 PM]
[Aug 23, 2019 4:58:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Odyn9

Which ones do you need?

namely, all of the cloths, fine cloths, enamels, and paints in the game. If anyone could help me get these sprites (preferably with a clear background), I'd be happy to help with some event organizing or spreadsheet management for them :)
Zaye - Emerald
Odyn - Obsidian

-Seven Deadliest Sins-
[Aug 23, 2019 5:06:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Loozerme

So the best place I've been able to find them is YPPedia, and I pulled what I could off there, but it seems like for cloths/fine cloths and paints they only have a general 'paint' or 'cloth' picture, and not a specific upload per color, so thats the best I can offer atm

I can send you all of these without backgrounds in a pm if you want
--Loozerme--
[Aug 23, 2019 5:37:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galaxianight

I appreciate the help, but I found those same icons and was hoping to get the specific colors for each instead of the general. As a sneak peak of what the spreadsheet looks like (and why I want specific icons of each paint, cloth, etc.), this is what I have so far.

https://imgur.com/a/7tjRCdq
Note: Sorry it's an Imgur link, for some reason YPPedia Forums isn't displaying the image properly

PARTNERS FOREVER!

[Aug 23, 2019 10:43:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Galaxianight

After some additional diving through the game files, I'm pretty sure that Puzzle Pirates doesn't store the sprites of each color, it generates the different cloth / fine cloth / paint / enamel icons via a "master copy" of the icons. While this makes sense for why there aren't any of the icons I need floating around, I noticed that there were also "master copies" of the minerals, herbs, and dyes in the files - which either means that someone in the past has generated the files for YPPedia, or maybe the first set of files were provided by OM's.

So, I suppose this request is now asking for someone to help me generate the .png or .jpg files that I need through various means (capturing from the game itself, photoshopping the master copy, etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~~ "Master copy" of various sprites ~~
Removed due to copyright concerns - message me for questions
~~ "Master copies" of the minerals ~~
~~ Other commodity sprites found in the media folders ~~

PARTNERS FOREVER!

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Galaxianight at Aug 29, 2019 11:01:17 PM]
[Aug 23, 2019 11:14:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

You are correct on that being how the colors work - this is also how all inventory items in the game work. Capturing from the game itself is likely your best bet.

(If you want the forums to display your imgur images properly you need the direct link to the image, not the page your image is on. Right-click -> copy image address gets you it, the link will end in .png)
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Aug 24, 2019 5:26:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
LJAmethyst

I am not sure it is a good idea to upload Grey Havens' copyrighted images to imgur and imgbb. I could not find where the copyright notice was added to the imgur or imgbb pages, and Grey Havens does not license them outside of game-related use, so they should not be downloaded by other users there.

Yes, there is a bug in the forums that prevents the posting of YPPedia media links. It was difficult for me to get around that. But perhaps you could produce and post them via a URL shortening service, such as bit.ly or ow.ly.
Retired as of August 2015.
Sic transit gloria mundi.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Aug 27, 2019 9:58:07 PM]
[Aug 27, 2019 9:53:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
Galaxianight

I am not sure it is a good idea to upload Grey Havens' copyrighted images to imgur and imgbb. I could not find where the copyright notice was added to the imgur or imgbb pages, and Grey Havens does not license them outside of game-related use, so they should not be downloaded by other users there.

Duly noted - I've removed the links, anyone can DM me with questions.

PARTNERS FOREVER!

[Aug 29, 2019 11:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates