• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 14082 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
hiohjiggyoh

Mac Client Issues--Can't click certain things? Reply to this Post

Since downloading YPP on my MacBook Air for the first time about a year ago, I have not been able to click certain buttons in-game.

Buttons will appear to have been clicked, but no action occurs. To be exact, I cannot:
*Leave Crew
*Trash anything in my Booty panel, but I can click wear and actually wear an item
*Name pets and familiars
*Open Gold Boxes or Black Boxes
*Write notes in trinkets, but I can "display" them by clicking Display.
*Set an island or house as home
*Become a citizen of an island

I am using a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB, 500GB storage (with 289 available), and MacOS Mojave.

I have Java version 10.0.2.0.13.

What gives?
----------------------------------------
Dinosaur
[Aug 7, 2019 6:50:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Threehundred

Re: Mac Client Issues--Can't click certain things? Reply to this Post

Sounds like Java causing the problems. I've tried with newer versions and have all sorts of problems, so I've stuck with the older Java jdk-8u192-macosx-x64 (turned off Java content for browsers) - no problems with that version.
[Aug 19, 2019 4:52:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hiohjiggyoh

Re: Mac Client Issues--Can't click certain things? Reply to this Post

Sounds like Java causing the problems. I've tried with newer versions and have all sorts of problems, so I've stuck with the older Java jdk-8u192-macosx-x64 (turned off Java content for browsers) - no problems with that version.

So I reverted to the old version you suggested, but I'm still having the same issue.
----------------------------------------
Dinosaur
[Sep 22, 2019 8:47:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates