• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 540 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Scottays

Merchant Hunt Expeditions (Yeti's too) Reply to this Post

Hello, my last post was for positives on having swabbies in SMHs, but I do appreciate the work Forculus has done for the past year. Hopefully that does get implemented in the game for low populated oceans that can't load a SMH at all.

Ok, to Merchant Hunt Expeditions, for a very long time I have always been confused where the final trophy is 200 Merchant hunt wins, where I've only come across like 2 battles over 4-5 years. With other players there's some that have played for 13 years and only got 10. Is there any possible way to make these expeditions easier?

My suggestions:

1. Increase the percentage of merchant spawns (50/50)
2. Make the Merchant hunt expedition purchasable in the Explorer's hall just like BK compasses. (Probably best solution)
3. Adjust trophies to more gettable targets (unlikely).

For Yeti expeditions, anyway these could be more common too?
----------------------------------------
Thinking about Retiring again - Scottys on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scottays at Jan 4, 2019 2:53:51 PM]
[Jan 4, 2019 2:50:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Merchant Hunt Expeditions (Yeti's too) Reply to this Post

As far as I'm aware, yeties are more common in winter time -
claims of "amount of yeties found" by a pillager on obsidian went up by roughly 1 a day sometime around the end of 2018. I think they're fine, especially considering the trophies only go to 30 (unless there's an unknown one past that?)

As for merchants, those expeditions are weird as they don't actually generate anything, it flags an existing <merchants> ship for the expo. Making the expo buyable wouldn't really work out well with that I feel, nor does it make sense to increase merchant spawns (because either each merchant would carry little commods, removing the incentive to fight them, or the market would flood with commods.)

I'm not sure what a good solution would be since merchant expos in general seem flawed - often the ship that gets flagged is out of reach anyway as it's moving away from you at max speed (and doesn't slow down). Maybe they should just be reworked to actually spawn a temporary merchant ship, sorta like the BK expos do, with a random bunch of commods on them for you to loot?
TriplePat, Joining the great obsidian migration.
[Jan 5, 2019 8:15:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

As far as I'm aware, yeties are more common in winter time -
claims of "amount of yeties found" by a pillager on obsidian went up by roughly 1 a day sometime around the end of 2018. I think they're fine, especially considering the trophies only go to 30 (unless there's an unknown one past that?)

Been a couple of years, so I forgot that they were common around Christmas time, I think Valentines as well. I have a feeling theres a 4th one thats at 100 could be wrong.

As for merchants, those expeditions are weird as they don't actually generate anything, it flags an existing <merchants> ship for the expo. Making the expo buyable wouldn't really work out well with that I feel, nor does it make sense to increase merchant spawns (because either each merchant would carry little commods, removing the incentive to fight them, or the market would flood with commods.)

Its very silly that, when you do attack a random <merchant> ship it does not count towards the trophy. I feel it would work out very well, to give merchant hunts incentive to actually make them possible to do, if they spawn exactly the same as BKs, then you would have a much better chance at doing 200 of them than just 2 in 10 years. I don't really see the point why they put 200 merchant hunt wins as a trophy in the first place when there not reachable...

I'm not sure what a good solution would be since merchant expos in general seem flawed - often the ship that gets flagged is out of reach anyway as it's moving away from you at max speed (and doesn't slow down). Maybe they should just be reworked to actually spawn a temporary merchant ship, sorta like the BK expos do, with a random bunch of commods on them for you to loot?

To the point is trophies are already incentive to do them. Theres nothing wrong with markets flooding with commods, more the quantity the more cheaper and productivity happens, I don't see no negative against this idea. If this idea was implemented just like how BKs work then merchant hunts would actually be possible.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scottays at Jan 7, 2019 2:54:55 AM]
[Jan 7, 2019 2:53:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Bump

Can we have at least make merchant expos more possible to do? Or remove the trophies entirely?
[Jan 15, 2019 3:04:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates