• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2272 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Hera
OceanMaster

[Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle, Lolcat Carol! Deadline 10:00am 29 December [Winners Announced!] Reply to this Post

Final Doodle! Winner announced here

It has been ages since we had a Lolcat Doodle , so it is time to get creative with cats again and celebrate the holiday season at the same time!

Your doodle task is as follows! You need to head over to the lolcat builder and create a picture that celebrates your favorite seasonal song (whether it be a carol, or a more modern ditty - just so long as it has references in it to the holiday season) How? Translate the line you have picked into lolcat-speak, then make it the caption of a lolcat picture.

Stolen from the wonderful Apollo:

To make the lolcat picture, you can follow the step-by-step guide below, or just find a picture, add the text, upload it, all by your clever old selves.

1. Find a picture of a cat that is right for your song. You can have more than one cat in the picture if you want. Save the image you find to your computer.
2. Go to the lolcat builder and press "lol builder" at the top.
3. Press Browse, find your cat picture, and press Upload.
4. Scroll down the screen until you get the "Step 2" area, where you should see your picture.
5. Caption your picture. You can put text at the top, middle or bottom, and set its position, font size and color, etc.
6. Preview.
7. Rinse and repeat until you're happy.
8. Either... Save or Save&Submit to get a url for your lolcat, or simply right-click on the Preview image and save the image onto your computer (as .jpg or .png), and then host the image yourself to get a url. Note that you do NOT have to put your name and email in.
9. Post your lolcat as an image no larger than 600 x 600 pixels into the thread (or as a link if it's larger), using image tags, as shown here.
10. Preview your post to make sure the image shows correctly. Make sure your image links do not require viewers to register or download anything. Use the "Preview" button before posting your entry, to make sure the image is showing correctly. Remember to press "Reply to this post" instead of "Post new thread"!

So your entry post should include:
  • pirate name and ocean
  • the song or carol you are using
  • the original line you are using from that song
  • your lolcat in image tags, no larger than 600 x 600 pixels, including the lolcat version of your famous quote

Other rules/information
  • You may enter more than once, but only one entry will be eligible for a prize
  • Contest will finish at 10:00am 29 December game time
  • You may edit your post up until the deadline
  • Have fun creating!

----------------------------------------
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Edit 3 times, last edit by Hera at Dec 29, 2018 1:09:22 PM]
  • [Dec 27, 2018 11:23:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    joandart

Re: [Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle, Lolcat Carol! Deadline 10:00am 29 December Reply to this Post

Herowena of Cerulean

We Wish You A Merry Christmas
    "Now bring us a figgy pudding, and a cup of good cheer."

Herowena of Cerulean
    Still Sleeping With The Fishes

Dexla drew it.
    [Dec 27, 2018 2:07:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Halfbrain5

Re: [Event] 2018 December (not) Daily Doodle, Lolcat Carol! Deadline 10:00am 29 December Reply to this Post

My first thought was I should quit while I am ahead. no. How about "Grandma got run over by a reindeer." no, no, no. Well, there really is only 1 modern ditty so...now I am waffling)
    Doggbreath/Cerulean
    Little Drummer Boy
    A new born king to see, pa rum pum pum pum. Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum.

Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by Halfbrain5 at Dec 28, 2018 10:43:44 AM]
    [Dec 27, 2018 5:44:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

Bisca of Obsidian..

I decided to go with this song:
    Blink 182 - I won't be home for Christmas

Big shoutout to my sister-in-law's cat Orion for bein a grumpy lil cat.
    Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer
    [Dec 28, 2018 12:51:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    cattrin

Cattrin on Obsidian

Song: Do you hear what I hear?

Do you see what I see? Do you see what I see?

Cattrin of Cerulean
    Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Dec 29, 2018 5:15:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Hera
    OceanMaster

Yarr! The end of another year of (not) Daily Doodles! I love lolcats, and I lol'd at every one here.

The winner, getting themselves a standard renamed sloop (Grumpy Cat), a winter ornament trinket and, best of all, a HERA EGG, HUZZAH! (oh, and one of those shiny sun points too - but that is less exciting than Hera Egg, right? RIGHT???), is Bisca of Obsidian !

Congratulations! Your new ship is in your inventory, but you will need to trade it to an alt and back again for it to display correctly.

Thank you again to all who entered!
    Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
    [Dec 29, 2018 1:08:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Taskbeta

WOOOT!
    Thank you so much <3

I LOVE the sloop name ahahaha :D
    But I love the Hera Egg most
    Bisca - Emerald & Obsidian

Avvy by: Wayfarer
    [Dec 30, 2018 6:08:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates