• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 937 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Kaizokage

new set of skellie/zombie. Reply to this Post

hey everybody, i've thought of a couple new ideas on how to breathe in some new life on our undead scene(pun intended)

alot of aspect in the game have gotten a new breath of air, except our skellies and zombies. once you got the trophy's they really aren't worth joining anymore. i have an idea to change that.

right now we got the 1k pay out, randomized SMH chart and a trinket for the survivors. but we can do better.

what i'm proposing is a new Fam, pets, trinkets and a whole new item that will make them all come true.

instead of getting the 1k payout each. let the winners receive an undead chest(they still pay the 100 poe wager...up for debate)
this undead chest may contain but is not limited to:

-500 to 2000 poe
-random new trinkets that can be exchanged at a trading outpost for new undead furniture, ship furniture designs or even ship designs
-new pets, such as an undead or skellie small dog/cat.
-new Familiar, i would say a bat is a very good fit.

All ideas are up for debate, but in the end it's just my idea to try and breathe in some new life on the skellie and zombie frays.
[Oct 28, 2018 4:27:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Bucketnoise

Re: new set of skellie/zombie. Reply to this Post

Yes, this is an amazing idea! almost as good as the Vampire fray Idea! Which would also be a great addition to the fray world. I sense massive update!
[Oct 28, 2018 4:41:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

+1 would be fun to win stuff 1k doesn't even get a dub. the prize list is endless, Amulets, Trinkets, a clothing line? so many things could come with the frays which have become less popular with map rotation and the value of the maps decreasing so much.
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Oct 28, 2018 5:12:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

I would die for a bat familiar... xD
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Pixelpixie
[Oct 29, 2018 4:54:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

It would be nice if they would just lower the requirements needed to see the mission on the NB making it available to more pirates. Instead of tying it to SF and Rumble stats why not link it to the players puzzle experience instead.

For example, make the undead missions visible to a player that has put in the time and puzzling to get Gunning (Requires Bilging, either Carpentry or Patching, and either Rigging or Sailing to be at Apprentice or higher) and/or Advanced Navy Missions (A pirate must have at least broad experience in bilge, either sailing or rigging, either carpentry or patching, and gunnery for all advanced navy missions except defeating brigands. All of these missions contribute to player rating and experience in the specific puzzle and pay a wage relative to the player's performance.)

This was discussed in the Obsidian Beta Suggestions thread over a year ago but I think it deserves more discussion. If there has been an individual thread for this previously I don't have the PP forums search-fu to find it.

I know this has been brought up in the past but I don't see it on this thread. Can the requirements for skellies/zombies be lowered or eliminated? It's annoying enough on the other oceans, but since Obsidian's playerbase is so elite, it's very difficult for most people to get ranked high enough for the mission.
The conversation about hemp prices is interesting, and enlightening. But this gem of a post got buried in there.

I once suggested (to at least mild approval) the idea of using experience in some ways to help lower the standing needed for spawning skellie/zombie missions. Obsidian is both better than normal oceans (less islands to check manually) and worse than other oceans (higher average player skill) when it comes to finding them, so I'm not sure how I feel about treating skellies/zombies different on Obsidian.

I heartily agree with this. Years later and Monster Hunting is still my favourite part of the game.

Fray circles are a great way for new players to get to know older salts and experience the social aspect of the game. Also a really good way for them to practice their fighting and teaming skills with no risk of endangering a ship fray to the ire of other players.

I would also suggest that the frays would be a way for players to win smaller, less valuable items, but ones that would make a difference to some who are struggling with in-game wealth. Award a doubloon, a halfway decent weapon, basic storage furniture (chest, rack, trunk, wardrobe etc) every now and again instead of the map.

Wallfish says, "I have never been sexually stimulated by a candy cane... maybe I'm using them wrong"
[Oct 29, 2018 6:09:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates