• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 110
Posts: 110   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30485 times and has 109 replies Next Thread
Sovereignty

Re: How to balance Atlantis and Haunted Seas with swabbies in mind Reply to this Post

Another week (+1 day I'm slacking), yet another bump.

To date it's been 77 days since my first post, and 87 days since the update to swabbies.
[Sep 27, 2018 9:49:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

Re: How to balance Atlantis and Haunted Seas with swabbies in mind Reply to this Post

12 more days have gone by (We're at 89 now), so here's another BUMP.

Would be kind of nice to get a response regarding any of the bigger suggestions around here. Even if it's just a minor acknowledgement that the suggestions/issues are noted.
[Oct 9, 2018 9:06:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

12 more days have gone by (We're at 89 now), so here's another BUMP.

Would be kind of nice to get a response regarding any of the bigger suggestions around here. Even if it's just a minor acknowledgement that the suggestions/issues are noted.

I feel your passion, and hopefully your opinion doesn't get neglected to benefit SMHs. I would like a fix in swabbies with pillages before adjusting the SMH issue imo.

Plus theres been like no update for over 6 months now addressing these issues, which is quite sad.
----------------------------------------
Lets bring the community together! <3

Yumisa is hawt (Its true, its damn true). Thanks for avvie.

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.

How on earth does Emerald still have players? lolidk
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Oct 9, 2018 11:25:31 PM]
[Oct 9, 2018 11:22:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

99 days since I made this thread, which means we're 109 days since the swabby change took place. So I'm bumping again for similar reasons as before.

hidemyhoney wrote: 
I feel your passion, and hopefully your opinion doesn't get neglected to benefit SMHs. I would like a fix in swabbies with pillages before adjusting the SMH issue imo. Plus theres been like no update for over 6 months now addressing these issues, which is quite sad.

Thank you, I am pretty passionate about this, and really would like to be able to take part in my favorite activity on PP again.

I understand your perspective and could definitely see merit on both sides of the argument as to which needs fixing/changing first (With regards to pillages and large SMH's), obviously I'd rather see big ships get fixed first, but realistically I'd like to see both things 'fixed' in one fell swoop with how long we've been asking for a change and fix!
[Oct 19, 2018 2:14:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

8 days gone so here's another BUMP. Total number of days: 108 days since thread creation, 118 days since swabbie update!

TL;DR of thread: Make swabbies capable of going into and helping in Atlantis, and Haunted Seas so we can battle sea monsters even when the player count is depressed!

Edit: +1 day as I can't add well.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sovereignty at Oct 28, 2018 12:39:25 AM]
[Oct 28, 2018 12:38:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

8 days gone so here's another BUMP. Total number of days: 108 days since thread creation, 118 days since swabbie update!

TL;DR of thread: Make swabbies capable of going into and helping in Atlantis, and Haunted Seas so we can battle sea monsters even when the player count is depressed!

what are you expecting to get out of this ? because its now coming across as spam for me
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Oct 28, 2018 1:33:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

what are you expecting to get out of this ? because its now coming across as spam for me

To Balance out Atlantis and Haunted Seas

[Oct 28, 2018 5:11:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

hidemyhoney wrote: 

Exactly this is what I'm expecting from my weekly bumps.

I don't personally see a problem with bumping a thread about an issue/suggestion I would like to see happen weekly so long as there is no official response to it.

If there is an official response (even if it says this change will never happen) then I'll gladly stop bumping the thread, until then I want to be sure I'm doing all I reasonably can to make sure this suggestion and issue is seen and taken into consideration.
[Oct 28, 2018 2:29:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
etieti

hidemyhoney wrote: 

I don't personally see a problem with bumping a thread about an issue/suggestion I would like to see happen weekly so long as there is no official response to it.

If there is an official response (even if it says this change will never happen) then I'll gladly stop bumping the thread, until then I want to be sure I'm doing all I reasonably can to make sure this suggestion and issue is seen and taken into consideration.

If you gonna do this might aswell make it for everything besides real cades! Would be nice for peeps to go into flots with a full boat worth of bots to train nav abilities!
Emerald
Cerulean
[Oct 28, 2018 6:22:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

hidemyhoney wrote: 

If you gonna do this might aswell make it for everything besides real cades! Would be nice for peeps to go into flots with a full boat worth of bots to train nav abilities!

+1

[Oct 28, 2018 9:44:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

20 more days have passed without a change.

I still desperately want this change to happen and am bumping it as such.

138 days since the swabbie update went live.
128 days since I made this thread.
[Nov 17, 2018 5:26:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

28 more days have passed without this change (or any change). So BUMP.

It's been 166 days since the swabbie update went live
It's been 156 days since I made this thread.

I still want this change to happen (Hell at this point I'd take any change).
[Dec 16, 2018 3:47:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

28 more days have passed without this change (or any change). So BUMP.

It's been 166 days since the swabbie update went live
It's been 156 days since I made this thread.

I still want this change to happen (Hell at this point I'd take any change).

156 days we been neglected for :) more reasons to remove dead oceans too :)

[Dec 16, 2018 11:23:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

As a former retired player I have gotten much interest in this thread (I know im a bit slow). So because of this some oceans have died even more, some haven't changed at all.

How to balance Atlantis and Haunted Seas..... hm.... Lets add flotillas to the mix as well, they deserve some love...

Probably in 2+ years a SMH has not loaded on Meridian or any ocean with a population lower than 30 on average, this update isn't really required on Emerald/Obsidian since they can still even load a CI.

I would like this update to be added to Meridian to help the population and activity on an old Oceans before like Viridian/Malachite. To help promote the game with more variety I feel this would be very good addition to Meridian.

Reasons include:

1. More activity on dead oceans that need people and players.
2. Gives more variety to the game
3. Will help Oceans like Opal/Jade be relevant again as well as Cerulean as its Subscription Ocean.
4. Less time to load SMHs.
5. Less spamming in global/trade.
6. Something different.
7. It gives newer players more of an opportunity to run SMHs themselves which is impossible to do on really any ocean.
8. Helps players gain confidence in battle navigation.
9. Gives players more of a chance to keep flotillas away with swabbies since they have not been loaded in a long time as well.
10. More ways to socialize and have fun with other players than just docksitting.

Ontop of these reasons there is really not much to lose taking this option, Meridian is already completely broken anyway so there is no harm towards that ocean or low populated Oceans.

If this update did happen, I would probably be more active on the game as I used to play 50+ hours a week, and thats a former player who has quit in the past before and no longer wanted to play, into a person who has gained interest in playing again.
Trophy Hunter - Scottys on Meridian.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scottays at Dec 29, 2018 11:19:57 PM]
[Dec 29, 2018 11:18:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

As a former retired player I have gotten much interest in this thread (I know im a bit slow). So because of this some oceans have died even more, some haven't changed at all.

How to balance Atlantis and Haunted Seas..... hm.... Lets add flotillas to the mix as well, they deserve some love...

Probably in 2+ years a SMH has not loaded on Meridian or any ocean with a population lower than 30 on average, this update isn't really required on Emerald/Obsidian since they can still even load a CI.

I would like this update to be added to Meridian to help the population and activity on an old Oceans before like Viridian/Malachite. To help promote the game with more variety I feel this would be very good addition to Meridian.

Reasons include:

1. More activity on dead oceans that need people and players.
2. Gives more variety to the game
3. Will help Oceans like Opal/Jade be relevant again as well as Cerulean as its Subscription Ocean.
4. Less time to load SMHs.
5. Less spamming in global/trade.
6. Something different.
7. It gives newer players more of an opportunity to run SMHs themselves which is impossible to do on really any ocean.
8. Helps players gain confidence in battle navigation.
9. Gives players more of a chance to keep flotillas away with swabbies since they have not been loaded in a long time as well.
10. More ways to socialize and have fun with other players than just docksitting.

Ontop of these reasons there is really not much to lose taking this option, Meridian is already completely broken anyway so there is no harm towards that ocean or low populated Oceans.

If this update did happen, I would probably be more active on the game as I used to play 50+ hours a week, and thats a former player who has quit in the past before and no longer wanted to play, into a person who has gained interest in playing again.

At least someone has ideas for the Old Oceans, imo they should remove them anyway...

But for my serious point, All these points are very true, a new activity on a dead ocean over active oceans is a good way to balance them out. As I have said, if this change happened you will be surprised on how many people will come back....

Even if it does get abused, what is the harm of it happening on a low populated ocean? Because first of all, it will certainly help Doubloon prices lower, bring new/old players back, you can literally -90% of the pay in Lantis/Flot/HS and you will still be balanced out.

[Dec 31, 2018 2:47:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Shinito

At least someone has ideas for the Old Oceans, imo they should remove them anyway...

While GH have been opaque about a lot of things, preserving the game with all it's accounts and oceans intact is definitely in their mission statement.

Edit: To continue my late night New Years posting:

Considering that there has been no updates either in-game of from the mouth of Forculus I am assuming that the most recent updates concerning swabbies have been final or at the very least last major changes made to make sure that YPP continues to be playable even with it's shrinking player base. Well, something similar had happened to another of my beloved games, Duelyst (Playable at play.duelyst.com), as it had about half a year ago ceased development leaving the meta in a really dull place that only allowed a handful of deck archetypes to be competitively viable eventually driving me to quit playing.

Anyway, don't know where I was going with that. Just wanna say that if you enjoy the game you should find others with the same interests, stop worrying about the PoE grind meta, get on a ship, and kindle a fire in this ancient, forgotten game.

Happy New Year, folks.
Thorkill on Malachite 2.0 Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Shinito at Dec 31, 2018 6:25:45 PM]
[Dec 31, 2018 5:38:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

I don't see a dramatic drawback to allowing swabbies for SMH or Dark Seas, so long as they reduce the pay proportionally. Flotillas, though, would be dramatically easier, as you could easily have multiple people bring WBs in, and swamp them with number. Instead of needing to gather dozens for a single ship, 5 people could bring 5 WBs. Unless the difficulty changed depending on the number of ships inside, Flots would become obsolete.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Jan 5, 2019 7:15:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

I don't see a dramatic drawback to allowing swabbies for SMH or Dark Seas, so long as they reduce the pay proportionally. Flotillas, though, would be dramatically easier, as you could easily have multiple people bring WBs in, and swamp them with number. Instead of needing to gather dozens for a single ship, 5 people could bring 5 WBs. Unless the difficulty changed depending on the number of ships inside, Flots would become obsolete.

Yes, reducing pay by 95-99% then that would be balanced out for everyone with skilled swabbies. For example, if you have 50% more swabbies than total number of jobbers then the reduced pay would be 95% for example.
Even if you had multiple brigs, it doesn't stop the flotillas from spawning 5-6 brigs themselves to defend the Merchant green ships. Even the pay was decreased by 80% with the same method.
[Jan 7, 2019 2:46:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cencul7

Yes, reducing pay by 95-99% then that would be balanced out for everyone with skilled swabbies. For example, if you have 50% more swabbies than total number of jobbers then the reduced pay would be 95% for example.
Even if you had multiple brigs, it doesn't stop the flotillas from spawning 5-6 brigs themselves to defend the Merchant green ships. Even the pay was decreased by 80% with the same method.

This would be absolutely beautiful.
Cencul
[Jan 7, 2019 2:35:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

BUMP

Any reasons why this hasn't been implemented yet? I heard of a message the other day that involves Grey Havens wants the players to still be sociable with SMHs and everything. Where the reality is, players are really not that sociable they are more anti-sociable. I have not seen a single SMH or flotilla on main oceans been run in the past 2 years.

I feel this idea of implementing skilled swabbies into SMHs will increase the popularity in the game with a massively decreased pay. So then pirates will have to do 99x more runs to get the exact pay for 1 single run.

This has been done for pillages, now Grand Frigates are being able to pillage which is the right direction into activity in the game. We could possibly start implementing some swabbies on Ice to test it out and the payment?

For Flotillas with payment reduced, how on earth can players expect to sink Flotillas, when the population numbers on Cerulean and Meridian are <10? and how are players expected to load SMHs when they cannot even get at least 10 aboard? It can definitely help out balance population numbers on oceans for sure. Instead of everyone on Emerald where there's nothing running same with Obsidian.
[Jan 15, 2019 3:13:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sovereignty

Scottays wrote: 
BUMP

-snip-

Agreed for the most part... Though I'll be honest and admit I'm starting to buy into the cynicism around here considering so much time has passed without a move towards this (Why isn't this something available on Ice at the very least?)

30 more days have passed.

So that's 196 days since the swabbie update went live.
Which is 186 days since I made this thread.

That means we are full well into half a year since this requested change (Which honestly doesn't seem to have been pushed back against by most posting around here), without anything.

Please add swabbies to Atlantis, Haunted Seas and Floatilla's.
[Jan 15, 2019 9:18:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

Scottays wrote: 
BUMP

-snip-

Agreed for the most part... Though I'll be honest and admit I'm starting to buy into the cynicism around here considering so much time has passed without a move towards this (Why isn't this something available on Ice at the very least?)

30 more days have passed.

So that's 196 days since the swabbie update went live.
Which is 186 days since I made this thread.

That means we are full well into half a year since this requested change (Which honestly doesn't seem to have been pushed back against by most posting around here), without anything.

Please add swabbies to Atlantis, Haunted Seas and Floatilla's.

+1
[Jan 15, 2019 3:01:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

BUMP

Attempted trying to load a sloop HS on meridian, couldn't load it after 4 hours then tried a lantis sloop no luck either after 2 hours.

Skilled swabbies are desperately needed to be able for players to run SMHs again. Haven't seen one run at all since i came back on all oceans.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Scottays at Jan 23, 2019 10:12:17 PM]
[Jan 23, 2019 4:13:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyes

https://youtu.be/4L_yCwFD6Jo?t=18

[Jan 25, 2019 7:41:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

https://youtu.be/4L_yCwFD6Jo?t=18

Thanks for your opinion, any other supporters? <3
[Jan 26, 2019 6:05:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
StumblerLyon

+1
[Feb 5, 2019 2:15:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cencul7

When the update coming?
Cencul
[Feb 8, 2019 2:20:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

When the update coming?

You seem to be assuming that GH still has any developers on staff.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 8, 2019 5:43:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scottays

When the update coming?

You seem to be assuming that GH still has any developers on staff.

Well its been requested by many players for years, we do highly appreciate everything Forculus has done to make the game a better place. Were just here telling our opinions on what else the game needs, so then the whole game for any player is doable. For example how many Sea monster hunts and Haunted Seas can you load under 2 hours? not very many..
[Feb 8, 2019 5:51:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
peperox

When the update coming?

+1
Peperox
On all Oceans

Main at Viridian
BOHICA!
[Feb 10, 2019 1:55:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.pirates-in-real.page.tl [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 110   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates