• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 3
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 866 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Zenithar

General request(s) Re: Labor Badges. Reply to this Post

Not sure where else to put this - I'm enjoying running shops but managing labor is a whole bunch of frustration.

This isn't a major request, but more just saying "If you offer this, I'd buy it."

Can we get the option to buy the permanent badges unbundled from the DLC? I got it exactly once out of goodwill towards the game but it's honestly terrible value. I'd like to get more of both of the permanent badges for various reasons but it's absolutely not worth it at present.

I'd slap down the cost of a year worth of labor badge in cash or purchased doubloons (60 for basic, 180 for deluxe, 120 to upgrade) if it meant I never had to renew the things again.

I'd also probably be more of a customer if I could stack more than one on the same character versus having to manage a bunch of alts to actually run shops. It'd ALSO help correct the curve issue with crafting puzzles - but it'd require deeper code changes.
[Oct 22, 2018 3:29:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: General request(s) Re: Labor Badges. Reply to this Post

A simple fix would be if you you hold a wrapped badge as it expires the badge is unwrapped.

That said there are many many greater issues that I would hope top the list such as pillage-Spawn/pay out repair.

If one has so many labor alts that its to much work to monitor them maybe they have to many xD
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Oct 22, 2018 5:22:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Grinfish

Re: General request(s) Re: Labor Badges. Reply to this Post

A simple fix would be if you you hold a wrapped badge as it expires the badge is unwrapped.

This.

Perhaps implement a toggle function so you can enable it to happen, or not if for some insane reason you don't want continued labour.

It truly irks me that I lose half a day of labour allocation (which is quite a significant amount with deluxe badges) because my RL schedule doesn't allow me to log in and unwrap a new badge on Day X at Time Y (Full time job, not US-based).

Another option would be to have the badge go dysfunctional at a comparable time of day to when you activated it, rather than (I assume) midnight Pirate Time. That way at least there's a chance that if you have a regular gametime presence, you could be online to renew/unwrap at the appropriate point.
----------------------------------------
Whitewyvern. Distinctly Limey.
Retired, No regrets.
Unretired, still No regrets.
Available in Cerulean and Obsidian flavours.

Briggs wrote: 
StuManchu puts the "sensual" back in "Nonconsensual"

[Oct 22, 2018 10:16:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates