• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 2
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1278 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
sack555

A solution to botting Reply to this Post

I've just came back after playing off and on for nearly 12 years. I have heard that botting has become more of a problem as of recent and I want to help fix that by pointing out what I've seen be effective on other games..

Let's go over to Runescape.. Runescape has had a bad botting problem for a long time, and a much higher player population than YPP.. Basically the way Jagex has most effectively fought this issue is by hiring a Runescape player to work at their headquarters who was actually on the real-world trading sites selling botting scripts that he developed. They hired this kid and he wrote a bunch of anti-botting software that they later implemented in the game.. The ban-rate for botting went from like 10% to 99.99%.

I know that I've oversimplified this a bit, but the people writing cheats and scripts for this game are probably doing it for one of two reasons. For money, or for fun.. It's most likely for money since botting kind of takes the fun out of the game.. So as a game developing company, it would be wise to find who's writing these scripts and offer them a bit more incentive to do the opposite of what they're currently doing.

Or hire me and I'll find who's writing the scripts for you.. :)

I genuinely hope this helps this game, I would love to see more players come back as I did 2 days ago.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by sack555 at Sep 11, 2018 10:36:00 AM]
[Sep 11, 2018 9:10:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Re: A solution to botting Reply to this Post

I've just came back after playing off and on for nearly 12 years. I have heard that botting has become more of a problem as of recent and I want to help fix that by pointing out what I've seen be effective on other games..

Let's go over to Runescape.. Runescape has had a bad botting problem for a long time, and a much higher player population than YPP.. Basically the way Jagex has most effectively fought this issue is by hiring a Runescape player to work at their headquarters who was actually on the real-world trading sites selling botting scripts that he developed. They hired this kid and he wrote a bunch of anti-botting software that they later implemented in the game.. The ban-rate for botting went from like 10% to 99.99%.

I know that I've oversimplified this a bit, but the people writing cheats and scripts for this game are probably doing it for one of two reasons. For money, or for fun.. It's most likely for money since botting kind of takes the fun out of the game.. So as a game developing company, it would be wise to find who's writing these scripts and offer them a bit more incentive to do the opposite of what they're currently doing.

Or hire me and I'll find who's writing the scripts for you.. :)

I genuinely hope this helps this game, I would love to see more players come back as I did 2 days ago.

Theres really no solution to stop people botting unless bans, but people ban evade anyway, its really pointless to bot on a ded game.
----------------------------------------
Support Sov! and I miss Jake :(

Bring the positives from obsidian ocean to main oceans!

Idk why people use alts to be relevant bashing everything.......
[Sep 11, 2018 8:13:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates