• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 33
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3903 times and has 32 replies Next Thread
Wintertide

How to save the game Reply to this Post

We're looking at the wrong things to save the game.

People keep blah blah blah about blockades, banning everyone, making puzzles free, skilled swabbies... blah blah blah.

We need Nintendo Labo compatibility.

when the iphone/ipad browser was made, ipad was so old by then. we need to get onto the new technology... the brilliantness of the LABO.

genius.

i wanna play the game on my new labo. i can already hear the japanese demographic roaring at ypp being the first exclusive MMO with Labo capability.
----------------------------------------
Wintertide of the Obsidian Ocean.
Ye have received 120000000 pieces of eight from Pika.
Ye have received 80000000 pieces of eight from Betty.
Ye have received 55000000 pieces of eight from Scoz.
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Wintertide at Jun 20, 2018 2:37:59 AM]
[Jun 20, 2018 2:32:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
metoknow

Re: How to save the game Reply to this Post

Nah fam, need gameboy advanced compatibility.

Or even better, sega saturn, that shit is cray
Senior Officer Madcrash of League of Shadows - Emerald
Senior Officer Madcrash of League of Shadows - Obsidian

Keeping it real since 2005
[Jun 20, 2018 12:02:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tayes

How to save the game part two:

Will this ocean be wiped after testing?

We don't currently plan to, but we reserve the option for a wipe in the event that drastic changes are needed. In this unlikely event, we would restore any purchased doubloons + 10%, after the wipe takes place.

Drastic changes are needed. Kill factions and wipe ocean please <3
-Tayes

Blaming Brenda
[Jun 20, 2018 7:12:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

+1

Fix or remove Pvp system.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Jun 20, 2018 7:18:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

+1

Fix or remove Pvp system.

+999999

Also make a new ocean for older players to transfer their pirates only :)
Support Sov! and Prayers for Marto your a good lad!

Yumisa is hawt. Thanks for avvie

People actually use 100s of alts and still play how shocking!

That's a great idea let's remove poker! Support this!
[Jun 20, 2018 9:08:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
joshuawhelan

Obsidian is dead and it's opening killed off the other oceans too - even Emerald never has and never will recover to the pre-Obsidian levels.

Nothing is going to save the game.
[Jun 21, 2018 3:03:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trippleos

Probably help if people stop pushing to get players banned off a game that desperately need players, and if players with minor infringements are allowed a chance to come back or at least appeal.
[Jun 22, 2018 4:37:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Probably help if people stop pushing to get players banned off a game that desperately need players, and if players with minor infringements are allowed a chance to come back or at least appeal.

The TOS doesn't really come to very fair terms with banning away, chances are very minimal to save it. But since there is not much hope, might as well throw new content to the game much as possible to even show any chance. The opening of Obsidian since last year has been a complete failure, with its main focus being exploited which made people angry and scuttled themselves back to emerald or no longer playing.

Only chances that are really worth it right now, is to wipe Obsidian, and make a new ocean where you can transfer your pirates from existing oceans without your accessories, or maybe have a paradox added to the game so you can play through your pirate on Emerald for example and be able to play on a more active Ocean on the new ocean. But issue with that is the game might break down and not be able to support this new idea (since the game is 15 years old and doesn't have the latest graphics or anything), but it can certainly handle a new Ocean with a new start, since the game only has really 1 new start left in it. People don't want wipes because they will lose their pirates, this is a way of preventing it.

If anyone has got better ideas please feel free to spread them.

[Jun 22, 2018 5:19:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Trippleos

Problem with generating ideas is knowing nothing will come of it. Only thing to do now is to play through the current game as it is, and make the best out of it with all off 100 actively idle players on the game, or move on to Sea of Thieves and enjoy a real (and well supported) pirate game.
[Jun 22, 2018 5:53:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Problem with generating ideas is knowing nothing will come of it. Only thing to do now is to play through the current game as it is, and make the best out of it with all off 100 actively idle players on the game, or move on to Sea of Thieves and enjoy a real (and well supported) pirate game.

Yet Sea of Thieves lacks its own content, pretty much lots of PvP and need friends to have aboard a ship to actually sail it to do anything. Puzzle pirates has many more options than Sea of Thieves does, even if they both had same amount of players. Even when you sail and loot for hours and set to port and then get sunk, it still sucks, PvPs don't work in pirate games, there not worthwhile imo.

[Jun 22, 2018 7:04:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salima987

The real problem is the waiting time.

Several hours to load an HS/Atlantis/Flotilla/>Junk pilly is ridiculous and never should have been tolerated.

In my humble opinion, very few people go online to talk with friends and are willing to wait around to run a raid, yet they are highly overrepresented in Puzzle Pirates' population because everyone else has left.

Anyways, the OMs have been working full time on this game for a decade and a half, I'm sure any ideas we come up with have already been thought of by them.

I just wish they'd acknowledge the long wait times and propose a solution... but maybe a practical and feasible solution simply doesn't exist.

And for what it's worth, I really love Obsidian. Small number of islands, no high stakes poker, free SMH? For those complaining about PvP and asking for it to be removed, when was the last time you actually got into one? It might as well not exist.
[Jun 22, 2018 8:19:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

The real problem is the waiting time.

Several hours to load an HS/Atlantis/Flotilla/>Junk pilly is ridiculous and never should have been tolerated.

In my humble opinion, very few people go online to talk with friends and are willing to wait around to run a raid, yet they are highly overrepresented in Puzzle Pirates' population because everyone else has left.

Anyways, the OMs have been working full time on this game for a decade and a half, I'm sure any ideas we come up with have already been thought of by them.

I just wish they'd acknowledge the long wait times and propose a solution... but maybe a practical and feasible solution simply doesn't exist.

And for what it's worth, I really love Obsidian. Small number of islands, no high stakes poker, free SMH? For those complaining about PvP and asking for it to be removed, when was the last time you actually got into one? It might as well not exist.

Long load time is your problem? NP fam, PM CIS, they can hook you up with 30 fresh brain dead slave bodys any time of the day.

Wipe the server? Here is what will happen. People like me who bought their dubs legit MIGHT come back to play for a bit(all of these people happen to be my allies) and the people who obv did not get their cade funds legit will stop playing,as they obv will not get any dubs back. Because if we are to believe them, they only got 5% +- out of the 200m by dubs. Just a switcheroo of who plays then. but jk cuz they'll bot a week of atlantis 3AM 50 load bots gg ez
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Jun 22, 2018 8:58:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Salima987

What? I don't understand your post at all.

Who is CIS and I never advocated wiping the server?
[Jun 22, 2018 10:11:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tierios

The mad ramblings of someone who is pissed that despite him claiming he wanted "To be the villain of the ocean" when people did turn against him and jobbed with the other side, he lost, this thread is about saving the game Pika, not you whining once again because of the fact we have active players and friends, whereas your only skill is your wallet.
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[Jun 22, 2018 11:43:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

The mad ramblings of someone who is pissed that despite him claiming he wanted "To be the villain of the ocean" when people did turn against him and jobbed with the other side, he lost, this thread is about saving the game Pika, not you whining once again because of the fact we have active players and friends, whereas your only skill is your wallet.

Yeah, so the fact that some influenctial people like me and betty straight up say fuck this, we know we won the game let's just say our bye byes and gg's does not inpact how to save the game?

You all ask yourself "ERMAGERD so many people recently quit the game? The numbers are srsly bad? How did this happen!!?"

Well guess what, me and betty don't ask ourself this questions.

Combined with our leaves and more people who were friends and family who coudn't give a shit w/o some of us playing. No more cades, no more pika,no more betty, no more mad scoz. I do hope u can fill that 10-20k$/month gap because this game is DEAD and u don't think 10-20k/month from a HUGE side of the playerbase isn't going to completely cripple this game? No more dubs for cades, no more dubs for fams, no more dubs for boxes/giveaways/tourny's fuck not what didn't we do.

Nah bro, i'm just a mad rambler, who took an army of people into the idea that we could defeat the next cairna if everyone pitched in. And god did we all pitch in to keep this game alife.

But when the servers go down in the next few months, and y'all can't login. I do srsly hope they take down the forums last so i can say "welll welll welll look at this terrible sight cry face baby face booboo gaga".
[Jun 22, 2018 2:35:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Ticktick123

Whilst we can all understand you're upset Pika, this isn't the thread to rant in, can we try and stay on topic brainstorming and discussing ways to save the game?
Ozzy, Retired.
[Jun 22, 2018 11:07:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Obsidian is dead and it's opening killed off the other oceans too - even Emerald never has and never will recover to the pre-Obsidian levels.

Nothing is going to save the game.

[Jun 23, 2018 12:03:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Steam:

We're battening down the hatches as we near the end of Early Access. This doesn't mean we're done developing the game or making improvements, far from it. It just means that we're ready to welcome new mates aboard. 

One of our largest projects during Early Access was moving our servers to something newer and more stable. This process is now complete. Huzzah!

For those who have been sailing the Early Access seas, we do not foresee us needing to wipe the server, so you'll retain all of your progress.

We do not have any additional details for you (just yet) except to say that ye should keep yer eyes open here and on our announcements forum
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jun 23, 2018 2:12:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

Steam:

We're battening down the hatches as we near the end of Early Access. This doesn't mean we're done developing the game or making improvements, far from it. It just means that we're ready to welcome new mates aboard. 

One of our largest projects during Early Access was moving our servers to something newer and more stable. This process is now complete. Huzzah!

For those who have been sailing the Early Access seas, we do not foresee us needing to wipe the server, so you'll retain all of your progress.

We do not have any additional details for you (just yet) except to say that ye should keep yer eyes open here and on our announcements forum

Maybe some weekly updates so the player-base knows whats going on? Might prevent players from complaining about whats going on and etc.

@pika Thanks for your contributions in blockades, muchly appreciated. The politics of Obsidian is over in the Obsidian Parley thread :)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by hidemyhoney at Jun 23, 2018 2:22:41 AM]
[Jun 23, 2018 2:22:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kyura94

Make what you will out of it I guess. But this should quell those "wipe obsidian" posts.
Ryuken on Obsidian (active) and Emerald (not really)
I made an in-depth Distilling guide here, and a guns one somewhere.
I gave Obsidian their Owls c:
[Jun 23, 2018 10:37:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Make what you will out of it I guess. But this should quell those "wipe obsidian" posts.

Depends if they really want to have intense Pvp action in the ocean or daily sinks. Either way its fairly showing a decline in health, CIS is now Consider it Scuttled. Seems as if the Kade seen died off. When I logged in today to see if there would be kades the only job was Foraging. Mid day on Saturday, its sad but bad choices yield bad results.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Jun 23, 2018 8:59:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fransil

Have you tried Sea of Thieves Jake?
Cruzo of Obsidian
(Dead and gone)
[Jun 24, 2018 3:55:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Have you tried Sea of Thieves Jake?

No Xbox, looked at the trailer didn't see any puzzles which is what I like about Puzzle Pirates, the rest is fun but I love how the puzzles drive the ships, and add the pvp who's stationers are best, yes the navers get all the glory but with no moves or guns well they get sunk.

I love the competition of the puzzles and who is the best at it who plays it the most ect.... Its a supper sad state the game is in there isn't one even close to it, that I have found yet... The shop puzzles are fine and the navy as well, as long as the servers are up I will play the puzzles available to me.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Jun 24, 2018 4:07:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tierios

The game is struggling yes, and new updates/island releases would help it (I'm referring to obsidian not emerald) but it still has life in it. I don't believe Emerald to be the more active ocean despite having more online, 50% of the players are on islands either docktarting or playing cards/managing stalls. Obsidian still has more active players providing content which ultimately it what saves the ocean. In the last two days there has been 2 friglantis's run on obsidian, one which was successful and one which I ran because I'm a noob and can't nav.

Sure there are dead times on both servers but more often that not I see Emerald with just foraging offers and Obsidian with at least 1-2 pillies or an SMH loading up on the board. The game needs players running and jobbing on things more than anything. It's all well and good having the big "Dub Buyers" and Credit card warriors but if they aren't creating or helping create content then it's not going to help.

If the game is to recover it needs more people collectively to start running more pillages/SMH's and jobbing on others to help them load, as people don't want to play a game where it takes 3 hours to load an SMH but if we can load one in less than an hour then the game starts to have more playing opportunities and access to more content which will provide more interest to new and existing players.
Scar On Obsidian Ocean
[Jun 24, 2018 2:38:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dwayneee

Sure there are dead times on both servers but more often that not I see Emerald with just foraging offers and Obsidian with at least 1-2 pillies or an SMH loading up on the board. The game needs players running and jobbing on things more than anything. It's all well and good having the big "Dub Buyers" and Credit card warriors but if they aren't creating or helping create content then it's not going to help.

If the game is to recover it needs more people collectively to start running more pillages/SMH's and jobbing on others to help them load, as people don't want to play a game where it takes 3 hours to load an SMH but if we can load one in less than an hour then the game starts to have more playing opportunities and access to more content which will provide more interest to new and existing players.

I agree with this, but I believe it'll only get worse as we progress further into the summer unless more incentive to play is added via new content, thus any fix is completely out of our control and things will just continue to dwindle until further notice - or until "the end" as some of you have mentioned in this thread. I can't speak for all of you basement dwellers of course, but it's only a matter of time before we lose more players when they realise the weathers decent outside and there's more to life than spending your entire afternoon struggling to load a flot or worse yet we lose more top navers due to harassment, banning or general burnout as they're the only ones doing such.

I hate uncertainty, aim to avoid it whenever possible in life and I think it's fair to say this ocean has a very uncertain future ahead (PP will never completely die), this can be calmed by simply communicating with us. The lack of communication leads me to think they don't even have a clue or worse yet care about us or the overall health of the game, so with that why should us current or potential newbies give this game a chance? So many opinions and ideas have been posted on this forum, over the past 15 odd years, some gaining traction more than others but ultimately nothing comes of it, not even acknowledgement sometimes, so is there even any point having this conversation for the umpteenth time as we all know there's a very high probability anything suggested here - no matter how valid or simple - will come to no avail?

This is cue for an OM to prove me wrong, but I certainly won't hold my breath.
Permanent Markers | Anchor Issues
[Jun 24, 2018 4:51:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

This is cue for an OM to prove me wrong, but I certainly won't hold my breath.

Game is geared up for full release its announced in steam with a link to the announcements here... funny but its still out there.

As far as active oceans on auto logs you out in 5 min one an hour, so really don't you have more people lazing on Emerald as you do on Obsidian. That said I don't play either regularly enough to know only what i see when I log in and peek before leaving.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Jun 24, 2018 4:55:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Captholland

@flithyjake Honeslty, from the start on. you have been crying about everything in this game. everything is wrong, everyone is wrong. Mate please remove yourself from this game if you don't enjoy how it is. In the beginning u had some point. but right now. You lost all your reliability.

@Pika. Your mokking and complaining is really the same every time. i see a post of you, its pretty annoying. I think you are the reason why people stop. Before i joined Cis(since a month) i was pretty neutral from the beginning of september. I had no preference for any flag.
You call CIS the new Cairna? well i believe you are the cairna. difference is. Cairna had ingame skill. you don't.
do you want to know why people don't job for you? its because all these complains. all this saltyness, the lack of skill in cades. Everytime i watched. and you re such a bad loser when you lose... I like scot... i like others in your flag. but honestly your saltiness and ego, makes me not want to job for brenda as long as you are in that flag.

back on topic.
Don't close the ocean. don't close emerald it wont work. PP needs advertisement. It needs more and new content. Give it time. it will come
[Jun 25, 2018 2:06:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

@flithyjake Honeslty, from the start on. you have been crying about everything in this game. everything is wrong, everyone is wrong. Mate please remove yourself from this game if you don't enjoy how it is. In the beginning u had some point. but right now. You lost all your reliability.

Since you want to debate me instead of the actual topic, ok.

This is the only game I play so to say I don't like it is wrong. I love the game you may disagree with my thoughts as I do others.

1) Marketing a turd is still a turd and people don't want to play with it.
2) What did I say in this thread that is wrong?

I said,

I love the competition of the puzzles and who is the best at it who plays it the most ect.... Its a supper sad state the game is in there isn't one even close to it, that I have found yet... The shop puzzles are fine and the navy as well, as long as the servers are up I will play the puzzles available to me.
Who did I claim was wrong, as far as active oceans well thats up to debate if you go by numbers Emerald with the 5 min log off clearly has more people then the ocean with the 1 hour log off.

Sounds like I love the game, I am hardly crying just trying to wright the ship, yes I am aware not all agree with how to fix it. That's clear by the many opinions.

It the Ocean isn't broken tell me why its shrinking and the others growing?
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Jun 25, 2018 4:37:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Wintertide

Can this thread please be kept on track about implementing the Nintendo Labo and Nintendo Labo compatibility.

There are a number of other threads where you can discuss the other stuff.

I had another idea - we should add Steering Wheel support for the game
Wintertide of the Obsidian Ocean.
Ye have received 120000000 pieces of eight from Pika.
Ye have received 80000000 pieces of eight from Betty.
Ye have received 55000000 pieces of eight from Scoz.
[Jun 25, 2018 4:40:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Can this thread please be kept on track about implementing the Nintendo Labo and Nintendo Labo compatibility.

look at your title "How to save the game" Expanding to new platforms isn't the only way.

Yes increasing the platforms to play would help in the long term, however I don't think the company would be smart to keep the game connected. As we have seen with the new Dark Seas people quickly recognized it was the classic with a few tweaks.

So If they really want to succeed a new ocean (again) launched on as many platforms as possible would be great, forget who got banned (completely launch a new game forgetting the past leave the forums out of it) and launch a new ocean/new game, may work for another 10-12 years as the classic oceans have and continue on life support.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Jun 25, 2018 4:50:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 33   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates