• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8196 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
shadymermady

Loggerhead blockade Reply to this Post

Thank you from Blame Brenda for supporting us today at Loggerhead, sorry i didn't get an intent up.

We are forever grateful to our allies and friends who show up no matter what time the drop is made <3

We don't really have any Island plans for Loggerhead as of yet, we will keep tax at zero and the Shipyard has been made dark. ( although it has been announced by AH that they can still build frigs )

It was a really fun and closely contested blockade thank you to AH for defending.

Congratulations to our cade staff, many who were thrown into roles they had never tried before.

Pay stayed at 5k (for those who weren't on to see)

We will see you all again next week(?) : )
----------------------------------------
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Feb 25, 2018 5:37:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
anchovygirl

Re: Loggerhead blockade Reply to this Post

(although it has been announced by AH that they can still build frigs)
He was trolling, as usual.

Thanks for the fun!
Anchovia
[Feb 25, 2018 6:22:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Have to say I'm a little surprised at this result, since things were looking a little bleak after round 2 (when I got worn out from all the puzzling and had to run away).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Feb 25, 2018 6:33:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

TB wrote: 
Have to say I'm a little surprised at this result, since things were looking a little bleak after round 2 (when I got worn out from all the puzzling and had to run away).

Often a pep talk and re-group does a lot for a team, TB.

Nice to see such close cades, makes for more fun for all involved when it is. Well done BB and AH for putting on another show :)
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Feb 26, 2018 12:53:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

Congratulations to Blame Brenda and well done to Amateur Hour on a tightly fought three rounds.

Thanks to both flags for giving all of us who play for blockades some long overdue excitement on Obsidian.

Looking forward to see what happens in the coming weekends.
A Confirmed Basterd, Antix
Of Guerrilla Warfare 2018 fame

[Feb 26, 2018 12:23:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Yah, I wasn't being serious about being able to build ships still and I did allude to that to a few people at the time :).

It's slightly saddening that in the week we started providing more big ships to the ocean to have the Shipyard closed down.

Ultimately it's your decision of course to control 2 of the 5 shipyards but for the health of the ocean, which already isn't great to shut down the shipyard instantly is kind of a meh choice. Whilst I see both sides of the argument as to why it is being shut down - you want to limit your competition.. I think you got that already.

For reference sake, this weeks completed orders (ignore the poe this is just the amount we used to order to avoid snipers) - of the 4 plan only 2 stayed within the flag for blockade use, the 4 designed ones obviously did not.

Seepnah
[Feb 26, 2018 12:24:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

wow, 2M+ profit off of every WF.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Feb 26, 2018 12:37:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

(ignore the poe this is just the amount we used to order to avoid snipers)

Seepnah
[Feb 26, 2018 12:48:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Ah, sorry, yeah, I missed that. I'm not too concerned with the blockade but as someone who has done a lot with shop logs, that just jumped out at me. Thanks for the correction.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Feb 26, 2018 1:39:32 PM]
[Feb 26, 2018 12:57:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

Ah, sorry, yeah, I missed that. I'm not too concerned with the blockade by as someone who has done a lot with shop logs, that just jumped out at me. Thanks for the correction.

Haha, not a problem. It is an interesting figure for a completed frig!
Seepnah
[Feb 26, 2018 12:59:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

It also allows you to control who gets them, or you make bank. To be honest I can't see why anyone wouldn't shut them down, it encourages you to attempt to retake the island, which increase the kades. But that would be my thought behind the intention of the mechanic in the game.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Feb 26, 2018 4:18:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
boroboy1

It also allows you to control who gets them, or you make bank. To be honest I can't see why anyone wouldn't shut them down, it encourages you to attempt to retake the island, which increase the kades. But that would be my thought behind the intention of the mechanic in the game.

Or it means people who have provided the commodities get the ship they wanted and someone doesn't get it.

You flip flop more than a fish out of water with your views on things and if I was to post water was wet you'd no doubt be here to tell me its dry.
Seepnah
[Feb 26, 2018 4:21:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

You flip flop more than a fish out of water with your views on things

How so? The only view that actually changed was against pvp, but after trying it out the sinking and battles were great fun, so my mind changed.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Feb 26, 2018 4:29:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorothine

Yah, I wasn't being serious about being able to build ships still and I did allude to that to a few people at the time :).

It's slightly saddening that in the week we started providing more big ships to the ocean to have the Shipyard closed down.

Ultimately it's your decision of course to control 2 of the 5 shipyards but for the health of the ocean, which already isn't great to shut down the shipyard instantly is kind of a meh choice. Whilst I see both sides of the argument as to why it is being shut down - you want to limit your competition.. I think you got that already.

For reference sake, this weeks completed orders (ignore the poe this is just the amount we used to order to avoid snipers) - of the 4 plan only 2 stayed within the flag for blockade use, the 4 designed ones obviously did not.

I think it's weird that you cry over them using a game mechanic that was put in place on purpose by the Ocean Masters of this game, especially when they are using it as intended. All 6 of the ships you made in your shipyard go towards your blockade, the way that you worded your statement is misleading.

The LE ships were probably sold for profit which goes towards your jobbing PoE, and if they were not sold for profit and instead made at cost and given to allies or friends, it goes towards your jobbing numbers. Every ship that comes out of that shipyard directly benefits Amateur Hour and anyone who thinks otherwise is plain stupid.

I think you need to take a step back and ask yourself "If I took control of Magpie Island tomorrow, would I shut down the 2 shipyards that Blame Brenda owns?"

TLDR: Stop playing the victim.
[Feb 26, 2018 5:01:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chavez187

As someone coming back to this game for the first time in years, the blockade was a blast. Appreciate both sides fighting it out for those first 3 rounds.

Further, as someone who has not followed the politics of the game or this ocean while away from the game, I'm not sure I've got the proper knowledge to comment on the shipyard, but I'm going to do it anyways.

I can see the reasoning from BB on closing it down - limit your competition. Makes sense from their perspective.

From an outside perspective though I would have liked to see the SY remain open. Blockades are the highlight of the game for me, and while I'm hoping for a few more over the next few weeks as I'd expect AH will attempt to reclaim the island and prevent dusting, I'm fearful of what happens if they don't. BB becoming a superpower as the only Flag capable of rapidly building and expanding a fleet screams stagnation to me for the ocean. While I think its a pipe dream to expect 5 or 6 flags to be blockade ready at anytime with the player base as small as it it, I would like to see as many War Frigates being pumped out to as many flags as possible.

Disclaimer - Yes, I am currently in a crew in AH. No I do not speak for the Crew, Flag, or anyone in it. This is purely my opinion. Happy to hear why I'm wrong!

Edit: Changed from tell me why I'm wrong to happy to hear why I'm wrong. Didn't want it to come off hostile!
Zeight of Obsidian
Formerly Chavezxtwo of Viridian
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Chavez187 at Feb 26, 2018 10:05:14 PM]
[Feb 26, 2018 7:45:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorothine

This is purely my opinion. Now tell me why it's wrong.

The numbers of ships owned by Amateur Hour and sunk in the blockade are:

3 War Frigs
5 War Brigs
1 Dhow
1 Sloop

They have more than enough frigs to attack every week from now until the end of March, if AH can't reclaim the island within 30 days they don't really deserve a shipyard on said island.
[Feb 26, 2018 9:56:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Pikapyah

Closing down your SY shop is only in the best interest of the game and the blockading scene.
"economy killer, destroyer of stalls"
Pika says, "make it war bae"
Catch 'em all declared war on Scuppering Shrews.
Catch 'em all declared war on For Fox Sake.
Catch 'em all declared war on Consider it Sunk.
[Feb 27, 2018 1:04:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Closing down your SY shop is only in the best interest of the game and the blockading scene.

Choke cough gag....I agree
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Feb 27, 2018 3:05:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aeri4

I’m just curious the logic behind this?

Also, I’m not here to cry over a game mechanic that was put in place by the OM’s, but I am curious as to if they even thought this one through themselves. Nor am I saying AH wouldn’t do the same. We haven’t been in the position to so I am honestly unsure. I feel like that statement relies strictly on the fact that AH decides to continuously contend for Logger or Magpie.

What exactly is the benefit behind it if we do not? And before the only response given is hahaha AH is broke and has no fleet, come on. Let’s be a little more realistic here.

There is no Kade scene left if there is only one flag involved in it. And at that point this game is pretty much done.
-Aeri
[Feb 27, 2018 6:50:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorothine

What exactly is the benefit behind it if we do not? And before the only response given is hahaha AH is broke and has no fleet, come on. Let?s be a little more realistic here.

There is no Kade scene left if there is only one flag involved in it. And at that point this game is pretty much done.

I?d like to remind you that CiS defeated Lion?s Bane while LB had frigs and CiS did not. No frigs does not mean that your flag is done for. You have held the SY on Loggerhead since about the 12th of Jan. (I don?t really know, just guess-timating) and upgraded it maybe a week or so later. Assuming that you haven?t let the shipyard sit dormant you should have a reasonable-sized fleet. PoE is really a non-factor, if someone says ?ahaha AH is broke? they?re just ignorant, you guys could have 0 poe today and 75m tomorrow while playing on the dubloon model of this game.

It is a simple question, ?Do I want my enemy to have access to firepower that will have a large impact in the way that we fight eachother, making the battle more difficult for me??

I?d assume a real-life example would work perfectly here, so I will cite the April 13th 1943 US Army Air Force targeting the Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau factory, which is one of the factories responsible for building military aircraft for the Axis powers in WW2.

You don?t let your opponent have a means of fighting back, it?s just smart. I will also remind you that your flag scuttled Loggerhead while it was in your possession to prevent an attack from an outside force. This was your flag using a game mechanic in a way that benefited one side of the blockade scene and hindered the other side. You did this so that you could protect your interests for another week and continue to build war frigates.

If it does come to you not having enough war frigates for another blockade in the future, there is always the open market where you could purchase them from players that are getting ships from the OM shipyard. WFs are getting cheaper every day, if you blow through all of your frigs within the next month I?m sure your collective resourcefulness will find a way to come up with some more.

Nobody likes people that play the victim. You guys lost the blockade and on this ocean that means that you lose your shipyard as well. Crying ?but the state of the ocean? is obviously a cloak under which you are hiding your flags intentions.

Blame Brenda has consistently made War Frigates and Merchant Galleons for any flag that asks (and before you say ?they didn?t make one for us? do you really think they?re stupid enough to make a WF for you guys to use against them). BB has done good things for the ocean, painting them like terrorists holding the ocean by its balls because they broke into your shipyard in the middle of the night and flicked a light switch is not cool.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dorothine at Feb 27, 2018 8:07:23 AM]
[Feb 27, 2018 8:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
superstarsam

What exactly is the benefit behind it if we do not? And before the only response given is hahaha AH is broke and has no fleet, come on. Let?s be a little more realistic here.

I?d like to remind you that CiS defeated Lion?s Bane while LB had frigs and CiS did not. No frigs does not mean that your flag is done for. You have held the SY on Loggerhead since about the 12th of Jan. (I don?t really know, just guess-timating) and upgraded it maybe a week or so later. Assuming that you haven?t let the shipyard sit dormant you should have a reasonable-sized fleet. PoE is really a non-factor, if someone says ?ahaha AH is broke? they?re just ignorant, you guys could have 0 poe today and 75m tomorrow while playing on the dubloon model of this game.

It is a simple question, ?Do I want my enemy to have access to firepower that will have a large impact in the way that we fight eachother, making the battle more difficult for me??

I?d assume a real-life example would work perfectly here, so I will cite the April 13th 1943 US Army Air Force targeting the Focke-Wulf Flugzeugbau factory, which is one of the factories responsible for building military aircraft for the Axis powers in WW2.

You don?t let your opponent have a means of fighting back, it?s just smart. I will also remind you that your flag scuttled Loggerhead while it was in your possession to prevent an attack from an outside force. This was your flag using a game mechanic in a way that benefited one side of the blockade scene and hindered the other side. You did this so that you could protect your interests for another week and continue to build war frigates.

If it does come to you not having enough war frigates for another blockade in the future, there is always the open market where you could purchase them from players that are getting ships from the OM shipyard. WFs are getting cheaper every day, if you blow through all of your frigs within the next month I?m sure your collective resourcefulness will find a way to come up with some more.

Nobody likes people that play the victim. You guys lost the blockade and on this ocean that means that you lose your shipyard as well. Crying ?but the state of the ocean? is obviously a cloak under which you are hiding your flags intentions.

Blame Brenda has consistently made War Frigates and Merchant Galleons for any flag that asks (and before you say ?they didn?t make one for us? do you really think they?re stupid enough to make a WF for you guys to use against them). BB has done good things for the ocean, painting them like terrorists holding the ocean by its balls because they broke into your shipyard in the middle of the night and flicked a light switch is not cool.

Thanks for this essay. I too enjoy invoking the Second World War in debates on the yohoho puzzle pirates forums. 10/10
Geologist - now exclusively Obsidian Emerald flavoured
[Feb 27, 2018 9:27:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorothine

Thanks for this essay. I too enjoy invoking the Second World War in debates on the yohoho puzzle pirates forums. 10/10

GoOd MeMe MaTe!

It's almost as good as the time that Amateur Hour paid another flag to drop on Loggerhead and AH paid the jobbing PoE on both sides. That's something that people got banned for back in the day.

See? I can add pictures to posts too!
[Feb 27, 2018 10:22:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Lets see BB has held Magpie for a while and not one person wanted to kade them, they wanted a kade they took the Island, and used a Mechanic in the game to shut down the shop, its not even a debated mechanic but rather a straight forward one.

If the ocean really wants to come out and cry fowl why in the world did they job for BB? I couldn't even get them to hire me which is fine it was a great kade to watch.

Maybe just maybe this ocean has spoken to the the way some play maybe not, could it be the beginning of people actually having to play a solid political game to get jobber support?

I had one issue with BB I stated it other then that they have been playing a desirable political game,(This is based on knowledge of about 2 weeks ago as I haven't really been logging in other then for the kade) even if they don't want me. They have offered ships at cost to any flag that wanted them, they run some nice regular tournies, To the best of my knowledge they haven't exploited the pvp issue. They haven't gone out hunting people for pvp or hit weaker ships (to the best of my knowledge). Just a few things that I could see gaining them jobber support. They hosted an even and gave away nice prizes including WF's. It appears their members are supporting the Bumper Boat Kade with prizes. They fliped my opinion of their game right on my own head. Do I like every thing no, trolls are trolls they can be funny but rarely when your the target but all the same they have been playing a solid political game.

/e holds out a slight hope for the game/ocean

Over all the reason it is good for the game/ocean is if you are motivated to end it you or someone will attack. You could/should put out your argument as to why it was so wrong or wicked in your intent and share it in global and the fourms. Gain the support of the jobbers (its my opinion the bulk of the players are up for grabs with few unmovable for support). If no one is willing to take them on well then we as a comunity, again created the situation of the game. The fact that the islands weren't kaded and all out war aside from the first 3 or 4 kade weekends shows that its flawed, or people are not interested in it. I hold the opinion that they pay system is flawed.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Feb 27, 2018 10:38:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorothine

(its my opinion the bulk of the players are up for grabs with few unmovable for support)

A major problem is that AH has lied to CiS and because CiS is completely mismanaged and have no idea how some of the more complex game mechanics work. They just take the words of AH as truth without questioning them because then again, what kind of a flag would lie to their biggest supporters?
[Feb 27, 2018 10:46:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

I can see why Blame Brenda would shutdown the shipyard and I can see why Amateur Hour would be slightly frustrated by that decision. I think these are both actions from both sides we expected would happen after the blockade ended and Blame Brenda were announced as winner.

However I don't think Blame Brenda winning last weekend and shutting down the Shipyard is going to ruin blockading or end the overall enjoyment of the ocean, or even make blockades in future less competitive. Amateur Hour have already demonstrated when they broke the server by filling every space on the event blockade board with ships, that they have amasssed an impressive blockade fleet.

Blame Brenda made a good decision politically to offer War Frigs to a number of different flags (mine included) at the cost of labour as long a stock was provided, well before Amateur Hour which probably sweetened the deal on who to job for come blockade time.

I don't think the ocean's blockade activity is reliant on two flags only, at least not at this point. Blame Brenda and Amateur Hour obviously have the advantage in terms of fleet size and funds, but other flags will come along I'm sure. Especially when the next opening is likely to be a large where the PoE return is much more significant I'm certain it will be contested by more than just BB or AH.

It was nice to see the pay this weekend stay at 5k a seg, from what I've heard being able to fund cades at 9999 a seg is likely more sustainable for BB than AH, yet pay stayed at 5k. You could argue BB might have upped pay had they been the ones down on jobbers but there is no way to know for sure, and I respect AH's decision not to up pay when they were down on jobbers. Not only that but also managing to win round 2 despite this, there was great naving on display by both sides.

My biggest frustration at the moment is the lack of Shadow Fleet flags in serious contention for islands, Consider it Sunk have been the only ones and it was quite short lived.

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Lotus_elise3 at Feb 27, 2018 11:11:02 AM]
[Feb 27, 2018 11:08:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

(its my opinion the bulk of the players are up for grabs with few unmovable for support)

A major problem is that AH has lied to CiS and because CiS is completely mismanaged and have no idea how some of the more complex game mechanics work. They just take the words of AH as truth without questioning them because then again, what kind of a flag would lie to their biggest supporters?

I am not sure of the lie or mismanagement but yes it sounds like politics, its why I like the forums, it puts the politics/deals out in public and if you want to back stab or out right not follow up on the agreement its out for all to see. Intents are a huge reason/how I chose who I am jobbing for. Maybe most just follow their flags royals blindly, I don't probably why I am flag-less and so loved. I think more people are reading and learning and trying to understand the politics of the game, I have been for years now. I am in no circles I don't blindly support anyone, based on the activity of the forums and the number of views I think more players are reading even if they remain silent. I had to laugh at the amount of tells I got on Sunday to shut up or just relax. Why I wasn't rude, I just stated some political facts.

Here is a great example from earlier in the thread a little mud tossed but no example provide of the accusations.

You flip flop more than a fish out of water with your views on things

How so? The only view that actually changed was against pvp, but after trying it out the sinking and battles were great fun, so my mind changed.

Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Feb 27, 2018 11:10:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorothine

They’ll just ignore what I said or attack my character instead of facing the facts, all in good fun of course.
[Feb 27, 2018 11:16:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

They?ll just ignore what I said or attack my character instead of facing the facts, all in good fun of course.

Out of curiosity who do you play as on Obsidian? And what is this lie AH have reportedly fed to CiS?

Both of these things need clarity.

[Feb 27, 2018 11:27:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dorothine

They?ll just ignore what I said or attack my character instead of facing the facts, all in good fun of course.

Out of curiosity who do you play as on Obsidian? And what is this lie AH have reportedly fed to CiS?

If I wanted my identity known I would have posted from my main account. Unfortunately my opinions are often quite controversial and to not ostracize myself from the entire ocean, I have chosen to make a new account in regards to this issue.

As far as the lie I'm sure it wouldn't take much digging, although we'd need a member of CiS to confirm some of the rumors.
[Feb 27, 2018 11:44:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Lotus_elise3

If I wanted my identity known I would have posted from my main account. Unfortunately my opinions are often quite controversial and to not ostracize myself from the entire ocean, I have chosen to make a new account in regards to this issue.

As far as the lie I'm sure it wouldn't take much digging, although we'd need a member of CiS to confirm some of the rumors.

I'm not being rude and mean this in a constructive way, but you may as well not post under this account if you want your statements to be taken seriously or even debated properly. If you cannot attach your name to what you're saying it brings into question the whole validity of the comments you are making, and whether you're just posting things in an attempt to smear AH with no facts or name to back it up.

[Feb 27, 2018 11:49:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates