• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 42
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11009 times and has 41 replies Next Thread
Firze

[Ship Idea] War Galleon Reply to this Post

The idea is to have a ship that's in the same class as Xebecs, but sacrifices survivability for firepower. I really wanted to see a ship that can do double large shots (i.e. for SMHs), but doesn't require as much manpower as a War Frigate.

Design idea
-Xebec size class
-War Frig's firepower
-War Brig's survivability

Stats
Health: 15/25 (max/sink)
Cannon size: Large
Shots: 2
All other stats/stations: Same as Xebec

With this amount of firepower, Lanty/HS can potentially be run faster without having to load WFs. The obvious drawback is a higher chance of sinking if you make mistakes/get unlucky.
----------------------------------------
~Current~
Zeansea (Obsidian).

~Past~
FO of Suspicious Activity - Nothing to Sea Here (Obsidian)
FO of All for Rum - Dead In The Water (Emerald).
SO of Black September - The Eye (Hunter). Children of Chaos (Viridian).
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Firze at Jan 19, 2018 11:47:26 PM]
[Jan 19, 2018 8:10:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Re: [Ship Idea] Man-o-War Reply to this Post

Love it. If possible, we can have two types of these. One that holds 25-35 people and shoots double larges, and one that holds 45-50 and shoots double larges. Downside is it might make the War Frig/Grand Frig defunct, but would be very useful in sea monster hunts.
[Jan 19, 2018 9:20:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Re: [Ship Idea] Man-o-War Reply to this Post

Call it something other than a man-of-war; historically such ships carried large numbers of heavy cannon requiring several gundecks to hold them. And the supporting structure of gundecks (sturdy enough to absorb the shock of firing cannons) contributed to the strength of the ship's hull. Meaning that it wasn't simply a matter of swapping large for medium cannons to get higher firepower in the same sized hull - larger cannon would also take more space, requiring a larger hull.

Wooden hulled ships of the era weren't armored like the 20th century steel ships, of which battleships and battlecruisers were two classes. The battlecruiser traded thinner steel armor protection for speed, while being mostly as heavily gunned as battleships. But naval guns in the 20th century were carried in turrets, not gundecks. Thus heavy armament no longer implied a correspondingly heavy and strong hull. Survivability of the steel hulled warships relied upon armor as well as hull strength, rather than hull strength alone. Armament weight and armor weight both weighed on speed - not just armament alone.

But if one wants eggshells armed with sledgehammers, the proposal stands as is. Though we'd be ignoring the (abstracted away) higher crewing requirement of heavy versus medium cannons.

Perhaps the effect of the extra weight of large versus medium cannons could be modeled by making the speed of the proposed ship be that of the war frigate. As speed contributes to survivability, reduced speed would be another sacrifice of survivability for firepower.
[Jan 19, 2018 9:27:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Firze

Re: [Ship Idea] War Galleon Reply to this Post

Renamed post after suggestion from Faulkston.
~Current~
Zeansea (Obsidian).

~Past~
[Jan 19, 2018 11:49:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Faulkston

Maybe reduce the cargo hold size from the xebec's, since the cannons are large. More massive cannons in the same displacement hull would mean less volume and mass of cargo.
[Jan 20, 2018 12:26:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/search [Link]  Go to top 
Detail8

Great idea!
Captain of Grand Unification(emerald) Retired
Captain of Sea Sick(dark seas)
#1 : Obsidian Greeter
[Jan 22, 2018 4:03:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
hidemyhoney

This must happen xD
Lets bring the community together! <3

Yumisa is hawt (Its true, its damn true). Thanks for avvie.

A fellow victim of neglect, from YPP.

How on earth does Emerald still have players? lolidk
[Jan 22, 2018 4:32:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

This is a really cool suggestion, and something we're discussing now. I like the high-risk/high-reward aspect of it. We'd be curious to hear any other feedback or suggestions that players might have in case we go ahead and move forward with it.
[Jan 23, 2018 11:31:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Love it, sounds like a great kade ship, not sure how it works pillage wise may be OP on pillages Could Kick it out as a LE first see how they affect things prior to releasing it as standard ship.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Jan 24, 2018 5:19:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
GreatBob

This is a really cool suggestion, and something we're discussing now. I like the high-risk/high-reward aspect of it. We'd be curious to hear any other feedback or suggestions that players might have in case we go ahead and move forward with it.

Availability: Is this going to be too big to come from stalls? Despite Obsidian maturing this decision will have an impact there, and a (potentially) large one on any future oceans, especially if it is viable in a blockade.

Hull size: This is the key difference between a Xebec and WB. While this ship would be larger and therefore fair that it beats a WB, it seems unfair that it would match a frig.

Influence: Another important factor, especially if it is available from stalls. Perhaps this ship should retain the WB diameter of 6, but in order to keep fairness, the Xebec's influence is increased to a diameter of 7. This awkward amount (for reference, frigs are 8) would catch one additional square 90 degrees off max, but not an additional square outwards. To clarify: The only distinction between the radius of a WB and the Xebec would be that the Xebec would capture a flag at 3 squares out and one left/right.

There are other points to consider, and a few suggestions that would depend on the willingness to introduce new mechanics. Are we looking at the same performance of a Xebec across the board, or are station values open to change? Limiting this ship to 12 cannons might be a good idea, however if it became possible to just disallow it from firing out both sides we could keep more cannons. Another possibility would be to make the forced blank token unable to move, meaning that this ship would always stall on the last movement section of a turn. Not sure how the AI would like these changes though.
Penguinpaste, SO of Polaris, Obsidian. Dark side.

[Jan 24, 2018 1:17:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Another interesting idea would be to make a ram ship. These types of ships played critical naval roles throughout history, and would make for a unique type of navigation. Essentially it would be like a gorg, where you would damage a ton when ramming straight forward, but it would have a bit less fire-power cb-wise. It would probably need to have a strong hull for its size, and could even push ships as if it were larger than its size (e.g. It would be a medium ship, but push as if it were large). It would also probably have a small influence.

The interesting aspect would be the difference in how you pilot the thing. Rather than only staying at a distance and shooting from afar, there would be an incentive to go straight toward them, maybe even through direct hits, in order to ram them repeatedly. It would certainly make for an interesting variation on the Bnav board, rather than having the tactics remain mostly identical.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Jan 24, 2018 5:28:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Firze

Availability: Is this going to be too big to come from stalls?

Good point. I would imagine since this ship has the same size class as a Xebec, stalls should be able to produce them.

Hull size: While this ship would be larger and therefore fair that it beats a WB, it seems unfair that it would match a frig.

If you means the number of hits it can take, in practice this ship would sink as quickly as a War Brig going against a War Frigate (although you'd be able to do more damage). The reason why navers would choose Xebecs over WBs (or this ship) in cades or SMHs is its survivability/staying power. Afterall, you can't repair a ship that sinks in 2-3 turns.

Influence: Perhaps this ship should retain the WB diameter of 6, but in order to keep fairness, the Xebec's influence is increased to a diameter of 7.

Once again, this ship has a tendency to sink as fast as War Brigs. I think having the same radius would make for some interesting tactics/interactions.

There are other points to consider, and a few suggestions that would depend on the willingness to introduce new mechanics. Are we looking at the same performance of a Xebec across the board, or are station values open to change?

I am not all that for new mechanics as it adds unneeded layers of complexity, rule exceptions, and required knowledge to play the game. Stations and how the ship handles is something the dev team has to consider. For simplicity's sake I suggest keeping it the same as Xebecs, however I'm open to good ideas.
~Current~
Zeansea (Obsidian).

~Past~
[Jan 24, 2018 6:03:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Firze

Another interesting idea would be to make a ram ship.

This is an idea that has been discussed a lot. But I believe it is a different ship entirely that requires its own thread/design. I think a ram ship would need to have the double forward as a standard move/manuever somehow, otherwise it'll be shot down on approach every time.
~Current~
Zeansea (Obsidian).

~Past~
[Jan 24, 2018 6:20:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

I think such idea would be the ideal short, and long-term solution for larger voyages such as "War Frig Atlantis" Or Haunted Seas.

I strongly believe that the most important thing is that a Stall should be able to create such a vessel.

Mass and Volume should be equal, or higher than that of a Xebec.

I think survivability of this ship should be equal to that of a xebec, too. But because of it's increased firing power I think the cost to produce it should reflect that slightly, but not too much in comparison to that of a Xebec.

16 Max Loaded Cannons would probably be best, or else it'd be too much like a War Frigate. Bump advantage and blockade influence should be equal to that of a Xebec. All stations for the rest to be the same as that of a Xebec, too.

In short, I think this would be a great addition to the game. Especially so during times when not a lot of people are online.
As far as I am aware only two people have managed to fill a War Frigate thus far (outside of blockades) and only did so with a lot of advertisement and/or effort to achieve that.
Implementing a ship that has the firing power of a War Frigate but the survivability and all other pros and cons of a Xebec would be a solid step in the right direction.
Technitium
[Jan 25, 2018 2:09:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Theseamaste3

I think this should be a big no-no. In exchange for a increased firepower, the ship should have reasonably lowered Cargo Size. The ship kind of ship you are suggesting is basically a better version only a Xebec. Seeing as a Xebec can barely be produced at a Stall, I very much doubt, with those stats, that it will be buildable anywhere but stalls.

This would make other ships completely defunct. The ideas previously suggested still gave other ships uses but this would just kill them. We aren't designing a perfect smh ship here ????.

My opinion if this ship does come out. We stick with WB survivability and Large shots. But the changes are:

> Make it maximum of 40 crew
> 16 Guns (4 stationing)
> 1 Nav
> 11 Sails
> 10 Carp
> 8 Bilge
> Craft-able in a Deluxe Stall
[Jan 25, 2018 3:13:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
123park

I think this should be a big no-no. In exchange for a increased firepower, the ship should have reasonably lowered Cargo Size. The ship kind of ship you are suggesting is basically a better version only a Xebec. Seeing as a Xebec can barely be produced at a Stall, I very much doubt, with those stats, that it will be buildable anywhere but stalls.

I guess you're right that it wouldn't make much sense to have a larger ship than a Xebec to be produced at a Stall. But then again, if the developers decide to create such a ship that putting the survivability of a War Brig with the firepower of a War Frigate isn't the best approach. No one would take such vessel to back wall Atlantis if it's equally fragile as a War Brig.

Perhaps it would be a good suggestion to somewhat nerf the requirements to build a Xebec and instead make this new vessel have the commodities currently required for a Xebec.

In regard to the amount of crew and stations, I think 45-50 would be a better number, with perhaps the same amount of stations as on a Xebec minus 1 gunner as 16 Guns loaded at a time would be an acceptable sacrifice.

So:
4 Gunning stations
14 Sailing stations
9 Carp stations
8 Bilge stations

I think if this vessel is specifically designed for taking it into sinking voyages such as Atlantis and Haunted Seas that it's important to keep enough space for Defenders and Treasure Haulers without always being in dire need of people to remain on station. Obviously it can't be a free ride to these voyages, but it shouldn't be undoable either.
Technitium
[Jan 25, 2018 8:25:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Survivablity of a WB
Stations of a WB
Same number of pirates as a WB
Hold of a WB un less you stay with the name galleon then to follow suit it should have a large hold as the other galleons do.
Can produce in stalls

Only Difference from the WB is Large Cannons

War Brig XL

Not sure if it would be possible but what about selling gun upgrades from a stall that could be retrofitted to the ship. Would add an element of surprise to trade med for larges.

Off topic but man having 8 shots on a sloop or the ability to shoot meds would make the pvp interesting. Plans could be bought with faction trinkets xD again increasing pvp fun
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Jan 25, 2018 9:52:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

Such a ship sounds really great for fruit foraging and bulky commodity traders. You can solo a war brig and, if you are good enough, solo a war frig. a new type of ship with larger hold capacity that is easier to solo would have a big impact on the game.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Jan 25, 2018 10:17:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I was just thinking the same thing Algol.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jan 25, 2018 1:30:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

@Last two posts: A ship with a similar size to the war brig, great for foraging and trading? Sounds an awful lot like the merchant galleon. If we're making a war boat, I'd like it to have low hold size, like the Baghlahs and such do.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Jan 26, 2018 12:52:30 AM]
[Jan 26, 2018 12:51:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

@Last two posts: A ship with a similar size to the war brig, great for foraging and trading? Sounds an awful lot like the merchant galleon. If we're making a war boat, I'd like it to have low hold size, like the Baghlahs and such do.

If we're making a boat that will survive in Atlantis/Haunted Seas, and also semi-useful for the Pillagers, I thought i'd take data from War Brigs and Xebecs, combine them and find numbers that fall roughly in between. After the calculations, I realised the damage stat numbers matched that of the Merchant Galleon exactly, which may be perfect, since they share the same name.

War Galleon
Maximum Crew - 36
Maximum Swabbies - 13
Mass (KG) - 87,750
Volume (Liters) - 131,625

Nagivation - 1
Rigging/Sailing - 12
Carpentry/Patching - 8
Bilging - 6
Gunnery - 4
Free Spots (For defenders) - 5

Moves per turn - 3
Cannon Size - Large
Cannons aboard - 20
Cannon Shots per move - 2 per side

Max Damage (SF)/(Sink)
Small Cannon Balls - 18 / 30
Medium Cannon Balls - 12/20
Large Cannon Balls - 9/15

Influence Diameter - 6
Min Crew - 10

After doing this, I realised that a major problem Voyages have is their inability to load due to the high number of jobbers needed to man vessels that can survive the rigors of Atlantis and Haunted Seas. So I bring to you, the War Galleon-Mini and the Mid-Sized War Galleon

War Galleon-Mini - Combination of Sloop and Junk
Maximum Crew - 12
Maximum Swabbies - 6
Mass (KG) - 15,750
Volume (Liters) - 23625

Nagivation - 1
Rigging/Sailing - 4
Carpentry/Patching - 2
Bilging - 2
Gunnery - 2
Free Spots (Defenders) - 1

Moves per turn - 4
Cannon Size - Mediums
Cannons aboard - 8

Max Damage (SF)/(Sink)
Small Cannon Balls - 10.5 / 17.5
Medium Cannon Balls - 7/11.66
Large Cannon Balls - 5.25/8.75

Influence Diameter - 2
Min Crew - 5

Mid-War Galleon - Junk + War Brig
Maximum Crew - 24
Maximum Swabbies - 10
Mass (KG) - 36000
Volume (Liters) - 54000

Nagivation - 1
Rigging/Sailing - 8
Carpentry/Patching - 4
Bilging - 3
Gunnery - 3
Free Spot (Defenders) - 5

Moves per turn - 3
Cannon Size - Large
Cannons aboard - 12

Max Damage (SF)/(Sink)
Small Cannon Balls - 15 / 25
Medium Cannon Balls - 10/16.66
Large Cannon Balls - 7.5/12.5

Influence Diameter - 4
Min Crew - 8

This are 3 ideas I had to help get the conversation going. All 3 vessels should be useful in all settings, including blockades. The only problem, if implemented, is that it would make some of the other vessels obsolete. If the goal is to offer ships that can be manned with less pirates aboard, without sacrificing too much fire power, this is the closest I could come up with.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stan5 at Jan 26, 2018 5:59:19 AM]
[Jan 26, 2018 5:42:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

The Merchant Galleon holds a lot! But it is very slow with less swabbies. The WF holds a very good amount and it is faster with more swabbies. I can solo a WF and prefer to do that over a MG. So if this new ship has a good hold size (more than a WB) but smaller than a WF, I would likely use them.
[Jan 26, 2018 5:45:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

@Last two posts: A ship with a similar size to the war brig, great for foraging and trading? Sounds an awful lot like the merchant galleon.

Yeah, the game is kind of weird. You can solo a WF if you are good enough, you can't solo a MG, hence a WF makes a more useful foraging/trading ship. Earlier in this thread, some people suggested that the hold of this new ship should be larger than a xebec, but even if it was the same size, it would likely make a good foraging/trading ship. What something is designed for and what it is useful for can be completely different.

Edit: sniped by a few minutes! lol
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Jan 26, 2018 5:50:39 AM]
[Jan 26, 2018 5:48:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Alerik37

With the game population going down every single day, loading for SMH like HS and Atlantis has become a real struggle. We definitely need to have new ships, or at least need the stats for the ones we currently have in our hands to be modified. I'm a bigger fan of the second option, should be an easier work for the developers.

I like Stan's templates, would be exciting to see new ships of those stats. I believe those would be easier to utilize.
[Jan 26, 2018 6:17:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Based on some of the responses I got in-game from the guys/ladies that run HS/Atlantis, I made a few modifications to one of ships i suggested above:

Monster Hunting Galleon
Maximum Crew - 36
Maximum Swabbies - 13
Mass (KG) - 54,000
Volume (Liters) - 81,000

Nagivation - 1
Rigging/Sailing - 12
Carpentry/Patching - 8
Bilging - 6
Gunnery - 4
Free Spots (For defenders) - 5

Moves per turn - 3
Cannon Size - Large
Cannons aboard - 16

Max Damage (SF)/(Sink)
Small Cannon Balls - 21/35
Medium Cannon Balls - 14/23.33
Large Cannon Balls - 10.5/17.5

Influence Diameter - 4
Min Crew - 8

Basically, this would hold 36 people, but have the hold space of a War Brig. It would be able to withstand the same amount of damage as a Xebec while shooting Larges, but it would only be able to carry 16 Cannons. In terms of Blockades, it's influence would be the same as that of a Baghlah, but it would be a formidable attacker.
It should be available from Deluxe Shipwright Stalls using a Design obtainable by trading in a combination of 24 Greedy, 24 Atlantis, 24 HS (And maybe 5 Faction trinkets to promote PVPing)
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Stan5 at Jan 26, 2018 6:31:40 AM]
[Jan 26, 2018 6:19:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Firze

Thanks for your post, Stan5. I enjoy analyzing stats that others come up with. When I thought of this design, I wanted to make it balanced with respect to the other ships. Your ship designs do seem a bit on the strong side. Naturally, as a combat ship it would be low storage capacity.

We all agree that Atlantis and Haunted Seas take way too long to load. It then becomes tempting to design a ship that fixes this problem - easy to load/crew, hits hard, and durable. However, I think the problem lies with the design balance of SMHs themselves (deep Lanty/HS were initially designed for WFs). It would be really cool if medium ships could also be effective in shoot'em up Lanty/HS - Baghlahs, Junk, War Brigs (and the War Gally). I might post another suggestion thread for revised Lanty/HS stats if I get the inspiration.

Stan5: Saw your reply as I was writing this. While I really like the idea (lesser cannons as a drawback), I think it would still make War Brigs and Xebecs effectively obsolete, which I'd very much like to avoid.
~Current~
Zeansea (Obsidian).

~Past~
[Jan 26, 2018 6:51:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Silverdream

The Merchant Galleon holds a lot! But it is very slow with less swabbies. The WF holds a very good amount and it is faster with more swabbies. I can solo a WF and prefer to do that over a MG. So if this new ship has a good hold size (more than a WB) but smaller than a WF, I would likely use them.

No need for a new ship with a big hold. The MG is fast enough, if you do it right. Important is enough sail power til the first LP und a very fast dnav with 8 stars. And hold the bilge down. Water makes a vessel slowly, not a little carp damage. Thats all.
Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt - Monarch of Kraken Down (Emerald)

Platia - Captain of Kraken Hunt (Obsidian)

Platia - Senior Officer of Lords of Darkness - Monarch of Dark Shadows (Opal)

------

Platia on all other oceans!
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Silverdream at Jan 26, 2018 7:07:56 AM]
[Jan 26, 2018 6:56:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I can solo a MG...but a WF is a lot faster and easier.
[Jan 26, 2018 7:24:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Thanks for your post, Stan5. I enjoy analyzing stats that others come up with. When I thought of this design, I wanted to make it balanced with respect to the other ships. Your ship designs do seem a bit on the strong side. Naturally, as a combat ship it would be low storage capacity.

We all agree that Atlantis and Haunted Seas take way too long to load. It then becomes tempting to design a ship that fixes this problem - easy to load/crew, hits hard, and durable. However, I think the problem lies with the design balance of SMHs themselves (deep Lanty/HS were initially designed for WFs). It would be really cool if medium ships could also be effective in shoot'em up Lanty/HS - Baghlahs, Junk, War Brigs (and the War Gally). I might post another suggestion thread for revised Lanty/HS stats if I get the inspiration.

Stan5: Saw your reply as I was writing this. While I really like the idea (lesser cannons as a drawback), I think it would still make War Brigs and Xebecs effectively obsolete, which I'd very much like to avoid.

The design for the "War Galleon-Mini" and "Mid-War Galleon" were made so that we can have smaller ships, requiring less people that can successfully embark on Citadels and Graveyard hunts. After looking at the stats for the Mid-sized ship, i realized it was my dream for a Pillaging vessel that could go after ships like Junks, MBs, Baghlahs and War Brigs at very hard difficulty/routes without being at a serious disadvantage.

As for the War Galleon that holds 36 people, yes, it could potentially make Xebecs and War Brigs (and even the Frigs) obsolete, however, they will be very limited in availability if they are only available via designs obtained via trinket trade ins. This would still allow players to build massive fleets of Brigs, Xebecs etc without having to rely on the supply of designs. Those ships would still be available and useful to those that are unable to obtain those designs. Also these ships will be far more expensive than the conventional types since they require designs, so the more economic option would still be to go with the conventional vessels, thus keeping them alive.

As for trading vessels, they won't be of much use in that regards and they weren't my focus because we already have multiple vessels perfect for storing and moving stock.
[Jan 26, 2018 7:45:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Whoa I missed a lot of posts in a short period of time.

WF being easier to solo than MG seems like an issue that can be fixed much more easily than adding a whole new boat - add a few swabbies to the MG.

If we DO want to add a new boat that's good for trading, that's also cool - but a ship shouldn't be desgined as both a great trade ship AND a great war/combat ship.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jan 26, 2018 8:11:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 42   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates