• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2039 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Dampher

Wrath of Neptune: A new Sea Monster Hunt idea. Reply to this Post

Ahoy, pirates!
Allow me to start by saying that I am more than willing to draw some mock-ups if there be interest and pirates be curious to see more of what I have in mind.

Me idea be an instanced Sea Monster Hunt geared toward smaller ships which combines battle navigation, swordfighting, and blacksmithing.

Neptune be angry that pirates be colonizing the seas, and is sending maelstroms and his fearsome storm elementals, armed with a powerful metal of the gods, to ransack pirate settlements. O' course, this means brave pirates be required to beat the snot out o' him and steal all his treasures!

Neptune be a fearsome opponent who rests at the far end of a difficult battle navigation board filled with rocks, whirlpools, and unique enemies: maelstroms, fearsome twisters which chase pirates. When caught by a maelstrom, a pirate ship be picked up and tossed as if placed in a whirlpool. In addition, the vessel takes a large amount of damage. Neptune pushes away pesky pirates with tidal waves, which fill the ship's bilge, and lightning strikes, which damage the ship and remove movement tokens. All of Neptune's attacks are telegraphed so that savvy battle navigators can maneuver out of the way--provided they're not trapped by the rocks! The pirates have a tool at their disposal, however: the maelstrom token, which can be earned by all duty stations to allow the captain to temporarily subdue the wandering twisters to make the board easier to navigate.

Pirates must sail toward Neptune and hammer him with many cannonballs in order to weaken him for combat. Once under distress, Neptune will summon an army of Storm Elementals, one for each pirate, to engage the ship in a fray. If the pirates are unsuccessful, they be pushed back and allowed to damage Neptune once again to try again. Should the pirates be the victors, Neptune be temporarily disposed, and his storm elementals vanquished, leaving behind their weapons.

Neptune's treasures be sealed with magic--only a Seal can break the lock upon them so that a pirate may plunder its treasure. These seals be made out of divine metal, of which the pirates have none--save fer the weapons dropped by Neptune's storm elementals. By reforging the legendary metal the pirates can create counterfeit seals--the better the seal, the better treasure they win for the ship. But be quick! The metal will cool and become useless after a time.

Reforging be a smaller Blacksmithing puzzle, where the objective be to create an idol in the shape of a face rather than a blade. The board be 3x3 or 4x4 with an additional two tiles centered on the top and the bottom; the irregular board be harder to work with, but because reforging be timed, the puzzle has only one layer of tiles to clear instead of three. The more complete the puzzle, the better the treasure--but the best treasures can only be unlocked by a perfect forgery, which requires a completely cleared board. The more storm elementals defeated in battle, the more metal the pirates have to work with, and the longer time they have to puzzle.

After the pirates have finished forging seals and stealing treasures, they must escape the battle navigation board and get to port to receive their loot!

Treasures may include trinkets, PoE, storm-themed furniture, or even a baby storm elemental as a familiar.

Please give me yer feedback and show yer interest, if ye have any!
[Dec 30, 2017 3:37:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
qlauncher

Re: Wrath of Neptune: A new Sea Monster Hunt idea. Reply to this Post

beautiful. keeps the immersion, adds a new element (whoops, yeah puns on deck) ((whoops, doule pun, that was a piratey one)) to the game and resembles a CI/KH mixture. Please do pics!

Neptune's mist reward! turns ye into a mermaid!
----------------------------------------
Jazzx on Emerald Ocean / Jazz on Obsidian Ocean.

Avatar by the wonderfully gifted Cattrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by qlauncher at Dec 30, 2017 5:13:03 PM]
[Dec 30, 2017 5:00:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Zeronth

i love it its a perfect idea >:D keep up the good work
[Jan 3, 2018 10:33:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallax93

While I wouldn't mind a new SMH, there would be the SMH rotation issue. If you are saying that I'd have to wait 1 week longer to play CIs, no thanks. And a storm elemental probably wouldn't happen.

Thumbs up for the idea tho :p
Parallax on Meridian and Obsidian
Beggar on Emerald
[Jan 26, 2018 6:20:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates