• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 7
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1574 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
blackpearl01

Reviving Puzzle Pirates Idea Reply to this Post

Ahoy,

I have played this majestic game about 10 years ago prior Atlantis, flotillas and blockades.I spent huge amounts of hours playing this game and felt a bit disappointed after I downloaded it just yesterday of its downfall so I made it my business to try and figure out a way to bring more players into enjoying this wonderful game.

My first idea is the following:

What would you pirates think if we turn this game into a paying game for players? What I mean about it is that we create or use an existing ocean that parlor games can be played with real money, tournaments can earn you real money, the inn games will do the same even the shoppes can earn you money by working to make the products and selling them for real money in other words I guess players may sell the doubloons for real money.

This way I am hoping that old timers like myself may revisit the game, new players will drop by and start playing more as the game pays for you to play and we can have a whole new better market for worldwide players from other games that may use this system to earn a living just like they do from other games.

What are your thoughts? Would you see this as viable or a stepping stone to bring new and old players back to the game?
[Dec 3, 2017 3:24:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Odyn9

Re: Reviving Puzzle Pirates Idea Reply to this Post

My dear god no.
Never.
Please no.

This is a terrible idea on so many levels that I don't even want to get into it.
----------------------------------------
Zaye - Emerald
Odyn - Obsidian

-Seven Deadliest Sins-
[Dec 3, 2017 7:12:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

Do you have any idea how many rules and regulations exist to operate a game that not only includes people earning income, but people earning income gambling?

In most countries, nobody under 18 would ever be allowed to play again, among other things.

Even something as tiny as being able to sell dubloons back to the company for 1 cent each would come with such a regulatory burden that the game would basically collapse.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Devonin at Dec 3, 2017 7:35:14 AM]
[Dec 3, 2017 7:33:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
blackpearl01

If it is such a terrible idea and all that how do other games still thriving and getting better from such a system? 2 games that comes to mind are Second Life and Dota 2, on the first one you can sell anything even back to the company and in Dota you can sell items.

It's just an idea, how far fetched is your answer.. just a simple i dont agree would be enough haha hope you can come up with a better idea :)
[Dec 3, 2017 7:48:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

I've proposed many ideas, none of which involve a massive regulatory burden on the company.

Second Life only lets you charge game money in the market. The COMPANY then gives you the option to pay THE COMPANY in US Dollars instead, at which time they pocket the money and then give the game currency to the seller.

They're not selling items for money, and it's also universally cheaper to buy game currency from the company and buy the item with game currency than it is to buy the items with real money directly. They are explicitly as a company just selling you the currency (Like this company already sells you dubloons) at an inflated rate for the convenience of not having to buy the game money first.

Implementing Second Life's marketplace in Y!PP is Y!PP just adding on every store purchase, a button that instead of spending dubloons on delivery, you can press a button to be billed for say, 30 cents per dubloon to deliver it that way. Not the same thing.
[Dec 3, 2017 8:13:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Devonin

And a real-money marketplace is fundamentally different by orders of magnitude to saying "You should just put real money gambling into the game"
[Dec 3, 2017 8:15:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Trust me, you do not want a real money gambling system. For one, the game would be banned in a lot of countries, and two, it would be semi-banned in more contries, and three, it's a pain to balance so that it doesn't hurt the company.

It might seem like a good idea at first glance, but if you take half a second to look at the laws behind it, then you see how awful it is.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Dec 3, 2017 9:15:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates