• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Thread Type: Sticky Thread
Total posts in this thread: 1077
Posts: 1077   Pages: 36   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 284264 times and has 1076 replies Next Thread
budclare2

Re: Trophy Speculation and Discussion: Part 4 Reply to this Post

Does anyone know for the October seal, whether you actually have to win 3 graveyard frays or just taking part in them will do?

Official doc says win or lose. Will tweak trophy page.
----------------------------------------
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

(Imp turned me into a dolly! :D)
[Oct 6, 2017 2:03:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mad_Monkey

I just got the Jinxed Idol. Possibly coincidentally on a Friday the 13th (as some people have said that they've gotten it on other days than such), but with a quick /who, I was the 13th person online at the time of logging in. Perhaps this is the key to unlocking it, and to its rarity. What do I win if this is correct?

I had not done anything for the past 5 years, but had logged in once in a while to see who is online.
[Oct 13, 2017 8:58:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

i don't have archives anymore, but with the low population of ice, that would mean there's a beginning of the month spam of idols, then quiet? worth keeping an eye on that.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Oct 13, 2017 10:36:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mad_Monkey

I can't say for certain, but I think it's once per ocean (for an account, at least for a limited time if I'm correct). I tried to replicate it in another ocean, but there were either too many or not enough players for it. From when I still played and people got these, I recall it was mostly people who logged in right after an update, which, of course, would log everyone out and make this possible at that point.

EDIT: Adding the account factor, as my message wasn't that clear on that part.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Mad_Monkey at Oct 13, 2017 11:29:27 AM]
[Oct 13, 2017 11:28:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

If it were that straight forward, then people would only get the idol on most oceans right after a reboot, which would be pretty conspicuous. Also, I'm pretty sure that theory was tested on ice, probably multiple times. I definitely would have /who'd when I got it.

It could be something ridiculous like the 13th person to log on on the 13th, and then the 13^2 person to log on after that, then the 13^3 person, etc... That would at least explain why the stupid thing is fricking impossible to work out.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Oct 13, 2017 2:55:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Mad_Monkey

If it were that straight forward, then people would only get the idol on most oceans right after a reboot, which would be pretty conspicuous. Also, I'm pretty sure that theory was tested on ice, probably multiple times. I definitely would have /who'd when I got it.

It could be something ridiculous like the 13th person to log on on the 13th, and then the 13^2 person to log on after that, then the 13^3 person, etc... That would at least explain why the stupid thing is fricking impossible to work out.

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but I don't think you've got a point:

-As previously mentioned and now ignored, most people on at least subscription oceans (now one dead ocean) seemed to get it after reboots
-Did you get it and /who?
-Your 13th login in on Friday the 13th -> 13^2 (169) -> 13^3 (2197) would not really coincide with some previous posts, nor my case, as I had logged in quite late during the day (and had a then offline friend been online already during the day [server time])
-Any idea who tested this on ice and how? It's pretty hard to control a server.

I'm not saying that my theory is correct, but I don't think you're really helping here.
[Oct 13, 2017 6:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

i've seen people wonder if it's about online numbers, but i don't recall a correlation to the date ever being mentioned, and while i agree it would be a simple coincidence to spot, it may also be that online numbers used to change very fast when these tests were being done. or, there was a further coincidence involving say, a millisecond? or it also required that the island was right. (or none of the above, i'm aware randomness is still a possibility.)
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Oct 13, 2017 11:45:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
budclare2

-As previously mentioned and now ignored, most people on at least subscription oceans (now one dead ocean) seemed to get it after reboots

Who? Where are you getting this from?

Are you kidding me?

-Your 13th login in on Friday the 13th -> 13^2 (169) -> 13^3 (2197) would not really coincide with some previous posts, nor my case, as I had logged in quite late during the day (and had a then offline friend been online already during the day [server time])

That wasn't a theory. It was an example much more plausible than your theory, which assumes we've all just been too stupid to notice something that obvious after all these years.

Search the thread if you want. Any number of theories involving the number 13 were already explored.

I'm not saying that my theory is correct, but I don't think you're really helping here.

Sorry, I didn't realize you're the only one allowed to talk. My bad.
Budclare on Meridian

I want a cookie.

[Oct 14, 2017 8:17:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but I don't think you've got a point:

I got it on ice before as well as several other oceans.

-Was always awarded my first login of the day
-Was always awarded after periods of long inactivity the previous day.
-Ocean reboot was not a factor.
-I haven't noticed 13 or multiples of 13 being a factor, but can't say for sure.
-Ice had 3 people online
-Production oceans had minimum of 200, maximum of 800.

My thought is it's just given to a random first login daily. I've never seen it given out twice in one day. Or on the second login of the day (I'm not sure if that's midnight PT or 4am PT).
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Edit 1 times, last edit by EmpressTamar at Oct 15, 2017 8:23:24 AM]
[Oct 15, 2017 8:21:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stefania_33

Bucket o'loot

3rd trophy Halloween.

1st one is for first battle
2nd for 10 battles
3rd for over 50 battles ( this last one is just an estimate on battles ive been in pillies)
http://sage.puzzlepirates.com/yoweb/pirate.wm?target=Shooshy
Shooshy
(Sage) Emerald Ocean

"Cei ce stapanesc pe altii sunt puternici. Cei ce se stapanesc pe ei insisi au adevarata putere" Lao Tzu
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Stefania_33 at Oct 22, 2017 5:22:52 AM]
[Oct 22, 2017 5:16:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

i've got 1, 5 and 40 wins so far, mix of baghlah and sloop pillages. if someone has sloop-only, for instance, it should answer whether enemy numbers count at all.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Oct 24, 2017 1:11:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
polaris395

I have added the Bucket o' Loot to the yppedia, criteria unknown.
-Polariss

Apollo wrote: 

I saw Apollo do it...maybe a week ago? He was by the SF table.
You mean "I saw Apollo in the Lima inn - perhaps he did it", and the answer is "No, I didn't".

[Oct 24, 2017 3:09:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

I have the fourth trophy for the halloween competition here
[Oct 25, 2017 3:20:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gunnerfreak

Gunnerfreak global chats, "Req for 4th tier Halloween Trophy? Anyone counted?"
Stan global chats, "1, 5, 35 and 113 battles"

Weeee! Thanks, Stan!

Interesting. It seems to be an identical counting curve as for the '08 Halloween event. o.O
Gunnerfreak on Cerulean <- Home ocean.
AKA Gunnerfreak on Obsidian (new ocean!), Ice, Emerald, Opal, and Jade,
Gunnerfreak-East on Emerald,
Gunnerfreak-West on Cerulean, and
Gunnergunner on Meridian.
Also a Respe-ranked YPPedia-wiki freak.
[Oct 29, 2017 3:22:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

i've done a recount, confirming 35. probably won't be able to get the last as well.

edit: my bowl count says 114. as-you-go tally and wins displayed in pillage summary both agree. if i really really have to, i'll triple-check with the chat archive.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Edit 1 times, last edit by saintdiana at Oct 31, 2017 2:18:08 PM]
[Oct 29, 2017 11:06:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FooQueso

I can confirm the accuracy of the 4 levels of Halloween "Trick-ARRR-Treat!" competition trophy triggers:

1 Battle Won - Ye Jolly Taffy
5 Battles Won - Pocket Full o' Goodies
35 Battles Won - Bucket o' Loot
113 Battles Won - Bountiful Treat Bowl

Fooqueso
Captain of No Soup For Crew
Formerly of Midnight/Cobalt
Currently on Cerulean
[Nov 1, 2017 9:51:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

is it possible some types of battles don't count? someone said merchant expedition didn't, for instance.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Nov 1, 2017 12:27:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
FooQueso

is it possible some types of battles don't count? someone said merchant expedition didn't, for instance.

My 113 battles were all normal pillaging battle victories... no BK's, no Monkey Boats... no merchant ships, no merchant expos.

I guess it's possible that <Merchants> is not <Brigands> or <Barbarians>... so it wouldn't count towards the total.

Fooqueso
[Edit 1 times, last edit by FooQueso at Nov 1, 2017 2:14:50 PM]
[Nov 1, 2017 2:08:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Merchant Expos did not count, didn't try Monkey boats, and I got the final trophy from a Brigand King compass battle, so BKs count.
[Nov 1, 2017 3:53:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

well then. there was just the one merchant expedition, which would bring the count back to 113. at least we know i can count again v.v
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Nov 1, 2017 11:05:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

well then. there was just the one merchant expedition, which would bring the count back to 113. at least we know i can count again v.v

If you scroll up on the Trophy page, the numbers for this Halloween event trophies match those from 2008. And the 113 figure was put in there by Cephalopod (the original consensus said 115).
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Nov 3, 2017 9:10:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
saintdiana

a bit of ypp history won't make me stop asking questions :p, and it certainly wouldn't have led me from "hey, same event name, 1st battle gave trophy on the win, not on 1st or 5th npp eliminated" to 113. the count had to be made, and the rules established. for instance, since i don't join merchant hunts, i don't know (though expect not) whether non-expedition merchants counted. they're all battles to me.
~ owlwhisperer ~
[Nov 4, 2017 1:22:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Oaken Obliterator, the first PVP trophy's requirement is for winning a PVP in a sinky area via grapple. Sinking your opponent won't give you the trophy, neither will doing the PVP in the non-sinky environment. PVP has to be between crews of the opposing faction. Everyone aboard, on the winning side gets the trophy and the faction trinket.
[Nov 6, 2017 7:31:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jhueko

Gilded Werewolf Claw

New Obsd pirate, this isn't anywhere on the internet so far that I can find.

Don't think it can be related to werewovles, never fought any on this char (haven't even seen them?).

Played some lowest-stakes poker to raise rank, got legendary standing (how?). Relogged a minute later, got the trophy.

Anyone know?
[Nov 13, 2017 8:17:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crabcat

It's a competition trophy.
Crabcat on Cerulean
[Nov 13, 2017 10:05:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jhueko

Maybe I got it in error then? I haven't participated in any competitions.
[Nov 14, 2017 9:17:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

For the past month there has been an ongoing pillaging competition, anyone who joined a pillage entered.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Nov 14, 2017 10:39:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
HotFizzle

I can confirm that logging in as the 6th person on the 6th of December, the 8th person online on the 8th of December, and the 10th person online in the 10th of December on my First log-in on a character that didn't have the Jinxed Idol doesn't reward it to you.

IF that is part of the criteria, it's not the only criteria.
Sabre-West of Meridian

Meh, whatev...
[Dec 10, 2017 5:20:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=741532634#/profile.php?id=598908774 [Link]  Go to top 
MSpartans

Jinxed:

On December 8th I logged into Emerald at 11:56am game time and received my Jinxed Idol. This character (Gneiss) will be 11 years old on December 21st.

I don't remember exactly the activities of the previous log in but she probably went on a CI, docktarted/monster frays, and maybe a free parlor game or two.

Doesn't help me figure out the jinxed at all. Haha.
Searching for Black CI Trinks

Huntard
Aug 12, 2011
Av by Diagram
[Edit 1 times, last edit by MSpartans at Dec 14, 2017 11:00:50 AM]
[Dec 14, 2017 10:59:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Prammy16

Jinxed:

Received on 1/8/18 on Obsidian at 12:30 PM game time. The character (Distaltaddyb) was doing a bunch of shipwrighting around an hour before, and is less than a year old.
-Porglit on Emerald
-Shadetemplar on Obsidian
[Jan 8, 2018 12:33:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 1077   Pages: 36   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates