• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 6
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3198 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Zeronth

Player Ran gambling idea Reply to this Post

So heres just a thought about an update for the futre
so we can have players set up tournaments but wouldn't it be nice if there was a way that we could host tournaments legitimately like lets say I was to tourney off a familiar but I want to still make the money from it I host a tourney where the buy into the tourney was lets say 100k and have a setting where I can choose it to start once so many players are entered the buy in price would go to the host (maybe add a 5% rake on it as an extra goldsink. but I feel this would bring a new concept to the game and possible jumpstart players who are skilled at certain parlor games as well as make it less sketchy to host player ran tourneys that have been previously done such as just trusting someone to hold onto the cash and hoping they don't make off with it. just an idea
[Nov 2, 2017 5:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: Player Ran gambling idea Reply to this Post

I have been hoping for card game tournies for along time. Even if they were just hosted in the inn and the prize is the defined like 50% for first 25% for second 20% for third (yes that 5% less for a rake).

+1
----------------------------------------
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Nov 2, 2017 5:20:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sulevaie

If they were going to entertain card tournaments they would've done it by now.
Twiggy on Obsidian and Meridian
Vulpine on Meridian
Suleviae on Obsidian and Emerald
[Nov 2, 2017 8:16:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

They've only just allowed you to see the blockade tab on ships from the notice board 14 years after release. I don't think it's unreasonable to think they just haven't got round to it.
Factors on every ocean - Active on Obsidian

[Nov 3, 2017 3:15:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
wrs1864b

They've only just allowed you to see the blockade tab on ships from the notice board 14 years after release. I don't think it's unreasonable to think they just haven't got round to it.

Not seeing the blockade tab on the notice board wasn't very important. Anyone could always see it by looking at the blockade tab off the navigation table on the ship or by using an alt. And, the alt method is still much better because you don't have to leave the puzzle.

Yeah, it is a nice change, but barely worth the effort.

Edit: on second thought, the recent change to showing the blockade tab on the notice board while on a ship is probably slightly hurts the game. Since you can always see the blockade info about your current ship by hitting escape, the only thing that showing other blockades does is let you know if you should jump ship to a different, higher paying, blockade. Yeah, encouraging jobbers to strand a ship on the blockade board isn't a great idea. That may be why OOO originally made it slightly less obvious.
Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by wrs1864b at Nov 3, 2017 6:24:39 AM]
[Nov 3, 2017 6:10:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Yeah, encouraging jobbers to strand a ship on the blockade board isn't a great idea.

/global job for us were paying 9999

I don't know many who didn't have an alt watching the board.

I think it was a nice improvement, bring on poker tournies xD.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Nov 3, 2017 3:28:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates