• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1869 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Sagacious

The War Tab & Bounties - Ideas Reply to this Post

So there's been some mentions that the War tab is under construction still, so here's some ideas for improvements:

Bounties - add a way for people to list bounties vs a specific vessel, crew, flag or pirate. Have a list of recently claimed bounties, bounties still available to claim, and then the current list of all PvP battle activity.

I'd imagine that it might be sensible to cap the bounties that could be offered in some way so that the cost of offering them is standardised.

Being able to file a bounty against a crew/flag/pirate should probably be limited in number, with this limit being increased each time the crew/flag/pirate is victorious in a PvP battle (to allow for avenge-type bounties on excessively aggressive enemies).

More details - List the PvP battle history with crew, flag, navigator and maybe crew numbers. Allow for sortability, or even better a search by criteria. Possibly a way to show PoE and units of goods taken in battles that ended with a melee fight.

More stats - Overall stats for PvP outcomes for the past day/week/month/lifetime. A tug-o-war bar that shows which side seems to be stronger in victories recently. This could potentially tie into a mechanic that provides a weekly faction-wide benefit to pirates on a particular faction based on the previous week's performances.
----------------------------------------
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Oct 14, 2017 11:37:49 AM]
[Oct 13, 2017 7:52:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Re: The War Tab - Ideas Reply to this Post

I have been thinking about bounties a little(Lot) over the past couple days, and have come up with a few ideas. First is an easy conclusion: Players shouldn't have too much control over who they can put the bounties on, and how much they can put on another player's head. This, of course, is to prevent harassment. You wouldn't want targeted every. single. time. you went out on the ocean, would you? So, there should be some limits put.

So how should the bounties work? I've got a couple ideas, one would be done by players and the other automatically by the server. They are fairly similar, though.

First, the basics shared by both ideas.

1: Before a bounty can be placed on any player, they have to be on a ship at any point during a battle that sinks or defeats another ship.(No leaving right before you win to avoid bounty)

2: The more ships you beat, the higher the bounty on your head.

3: When a ship with a player who has a bounty is defeated/sunk, the bounty is split between all players on the winning ship according to crew booty shares.

For the player payed bounty, you would use a command to pay some poe and place a bounty of that much on a player, or to add to an existing bounty if there was one. For the server payed bounty, every time you beat another player ship, a bounty would automatically be placed on your head.

This would probably encourage PvP, as now if the defender in a PvP battle were to win, they might very well rake in a decent bounty.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Oct 14, 2017 11:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Re: The War Tab - Ideas Reply to this Post

I do like automated bounties but I think one of my concerns was the fact it provided a new PoE fountain and I wondered how sustainable that was. However perhaps the bounty amount could be based on the hold/booty contents that are lost by defeated/sunk ships.

This also assumes that the bounties are in the form of PoE and are given as a specific amount rather than it being a hidden amount that has a rating of how valuable the defeat of the target is at that time. Might add more fun to not know the exact amount a bounty is until after you claim it. The payout could also be in the form of trinkets, maybe tied in to a set of trading post rewards.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Oct 14, 2017 11:48:39 AM]
[Oct 14, 2017 11:42:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Re: The War Tab & Bounties - Ideas Reply to this Post

Can the War tab recent battles section get a line or even better the day of the week or date of the battle?

I know that would also require a spot but think it would be nice to break up the hours as multiple days are shown.

A slide bar on the side would also be fantastic allowing us to see a weeks worth or 3 days worth of battles.

Still holding out hope for the sink/win count to be added as suggested previously.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Jan 29, 2018 5:57:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates