• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 8
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2221 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
DKole

Gold Boxes Pre-Update Reply to this Post

Just to note, I opened boxes before the broadcast went up about items not being updated, kind of a bummer honestly. What happens now?

Do the boxes get reset if I didn't sell or touch anything with chances of actually going for the October themed Gold Boxes? or am I stuck with what I have?

Wasn't a small amount of gold box purchases, so I just wanted to make sure!

Thank You!
----------------------------------------
Kole on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DKole at Oct 6, 2017 12:53:49 PM]
[Oct 6, 2017 12:53:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thawix

Re: Gold Boxes Pre-Update Reply to this Post

i got this as reply:

apologies to the OM's for giving them extra work.
Thawixx on Obsidian

Retired
unretired
RE-retired

un-re-retired after hearing the call of the dark seas!
[Oct 6, 2017 1:44:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DKole

Yeah I got the same thing, its a bummer. They have a lot on their plate now, I wouldn't make a big deal if it were 10 boxes.

But I opened up 115 pre-update so yeah, wanted the chance there.
Kole on Obsidian
[Oct 6, 2017 1:51:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
thawix

around 30 here
Thawixx on Obsidian

Retired
unretired
RE-retired

un-re-retired after hearing the call of the dark seas!
[Oct 6, 2017 1:57:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallax93

Does this mean that I can't get the refund since I opened the piggy bank pre update? :/
Everything else is still there tho, including the poe.
Parallax on Meridian and Obsidian
Beggar on Emerald
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Parallax93 at Oct 7, 2017 3:55:09 AM]
[Oct 7, 2017 3:29:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Does this mean that I can't get the refund since I opened the piggy bank pre update? :/
Everything else is still there tho, including the poe.

You'd have the PoE claimed from the piggy bank reclaimed if you wanted to return all the gold boxes.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Oct 7, 2017 4:13:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Parallax93

Alright, thanks for the reply! I'll get to it once I find a computer.
Parallax on Meridian and Obsidian
Beggar on Emerald
[Oct 7, 2017 4:39:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Ahoy,

I'm sorry there was an issue with the gold box. As our broadcast at the time explained, the items in the box were from the previous gold box and the issue was corrected in about an hour.

The response posted here was early in our investigation of the issue. Now that we have collected all of the reports from pirates who ran into this, we've determined that we are going to offer a swap of equivalent items rather than a refund. Refunds would be incredibly time consuming causing large delays and isn't going to be possible.

While we aren't offering refunds, you can opt to have us exchange your item for the equivalent item in the correct box. For example, if you got a Sea Raven or Toucan and would like a Autumn Raven, we can take care of that for you. Similarly a Water Rat could be swapped for a Spooky Spider. If you got something like a gold chroma, gold pet, gold box trinket, or a piggy bank, we wont be offering a swap. You must have the item on your pirate for us to complete the swap.

Edit: To simply this as pirates are understandably confused. Below are the possible swaps for items we can confirm were acquired from gold boxes at this time. All other items do not need to be swapped as the odds of winning them were essentially the same. In cases of more expensive items, we have done our best to find an appropriately valued/rare swap.

Toucan Familiar, Sea Raven = Autumn Raven
Patchy Fox Pet with Handkerchief, Sea Tiger =Jack o' Tiger
Brigand King Statue Furniture, Sea Fox =Pumpkin Pooch
BK Collectible Furniture, Water Rat (blue) = Spooky Spider
Gold Dread Mask = Orange Dread Mask

(Note: The swaps above are not about whatever value players have given them, but rather what the odds of getting them in that box were)

List of the correct items in the box:
https://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Official:Gold_Box

If you ran into this issue, please update your request with the names of the items you wish to swap. We will then exchange them for the equivalent item from the October box.

Please be aware that it takes a substantial amount of support time to go through logs to confirm the item you're swapping was acquired during this time, make notes on each item for each player, and swap items. It might take several days for us to finish all of these.

If you ran into this issue, please file your petition request before 11:59 PM game time today listing the items you'd like to swap.

Note that there are some oddities with the box. If you got something strange that's not listed above, please contact us and we'll help work out what's happening.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Cronus at Oct 7, 2017 3:04:48 PM]
[Oct 7, 2017 1:31:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates