• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 12
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2083 times and has 11 replies Next Thread
DKole

Obsidian: Pirate Preparation Failed Reply to this Post

Hello, I tried to login to my main character and I keep getting an error message that shows Pirate Preparation Failed: Internal Error. When I make an alt on the same steam account I can log in just fine.

Read some similar issues but from 2012 archives, something about reboots?

Any help or insight is appreciated,
thank you!
----------------------------------------
Kole on Obsidian
[Oct 1, 2017 8:26:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

Re: Obsidian: Pirate Preparation Failed Reply to this Post

Had another pirate in-game on Obsidian report this. Petitioning an OM with yer account name and pirate name from another pirate/alt - should get ye fixed up!
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Oct 1, 2017 8:45:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DKole

I'll do that once I can get back into my client. I tried uninstalling it from Steam and Re-installing, now I am getting this error,

"Error occurred while updating Puzzle Pirates: Dark Seas (Missing file privileges)
Steam/Steamapps/common/Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas/java_vm/bin/client
Kole on Obsidian
[Edit 1 times, last edit by DKole at Oct 1, 2017 8:52:57 PM]
[Oct 1, 2017 8:52:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sprite7

please tell them to fix my pirate as well please.... got the same message alternating with them saying the server was overloaded. Pirate is Wisery
thank ye
[Oct 1, 2017 8:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

I'll do that once I can get back into my client. I tried uninstalling it from Steam and Re-installing, now I am getting this error,

"Error occurred while updating Puzzle Pirates: Dark Seas (Missing file privileges)
Steam/Steamapps/common/Puzzle Pirates Dark Seas/java_vm/bin/client

Remove it from Steam again, restart your computer, try installing it again.
#TeamPurple
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sagacious at Oct 1, 2017 8:59:34 PM]
[Oct 1, 2017 8:56:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

please tell them to fix my pirate as well please.... got the same message alternating with them saying the server was overloaded. Pirate is Wisery
thank ye

Word from the OMs is they can assist you but you'll need to try selecting a different pirate on the same account, and then send a petition to them to get the error cleared from the pirate(s) affected.

Once logged in with any pirate, select the Ye sunshine tab, then Help, then Petition
#TeamPurple
[Oct 1, 2017 9:03:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sprite7

I shut down steam....restarted the computer....tried to log on again and still got the same message. when you say uninstall , can you walk me through it since shutting it off wasn't enough. everything was working fine until tonight on this one. I am on a mac , ty
[Oct 1, 2017 9:04:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

I shut down steam....restarted the computer....tried to log on again and still got the same message. when you say uninstall , can you walk me through it since shutting it off wasn't enough. everything was working fine until tonight on this one. I am on a mac , ty

Sorry got my messages crossed - you should simply try using a different pirate and then contact the OMs via petition to fix yer broken pirate =)
#TeamPurple
[Oct 1, 2017 9:07:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sprite7

thank you.... all fixed....OMs are wonderful <3
[Oct 1, 2017 9:16:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DKole

Sent a petition, hope it all goes well!
Kole on Obsidian
[Oct 1, 2017 9:27:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hera
OceanMaster

Just to confirm, reinstalling your game client won't solve a Pirate Preparation Error. If you encounter this, just petition in on an alt on the account (doesn't need to be the same ocean, just the same account) giving details of which pirate is being problematic. We should then be able to sort this for you!
Sun says, "Selling Hera, one careful owner, slightly foxed, very Zeused, for 800 million billion PoE, 250 indigo ribbons, a chipmunk familiar called Robin and a piece of moss!"
[Oct 1, 2017 10:07:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
DKole

Just to confirm, reinstalling your game client won't solve a Pirate Preparation Error. If you encounter this, just petition in on an alt on the account (doesn't need to be the same ocean, just the same account) giving details of which pirate is being problematic. We should then be able to sort this for you!

All sorted out, thank you!
Kole on Obsidian
[Oct 1, 2017 10:30:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates