• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 9
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2173 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Onelegstan

Factions on Obsidian Reply to this Post

Hello,
In the month or so leading up to the steam release, the 'Defiant Armada' had been slightly ahead in terms of total pirates and online pirates. Since then many more people have been joining the 'Shadow Fleet'. It has now got to a point where the total amount of pirates in the Shadow fleet is a third higher than Defiant Armada. As well as Defiant Armada having 50% more online players most of the time.

I think some changes need to be made to try and even this out a bit. I have a few suggestions:

1. I have noticed recently that some pirates are given the shack on Night Harbour (I thought every pirate was meant to start in Port Venture). I don't know if this is also the case for Lion Haven?
Anyway.
I think when there is such a big gap between the two factions, that all starting pirates should appear and get their shack, on the island that is so far behind (Currently Lion Haven).
This may help with getting more greenies to stay on Lion Haven and join Defiant Armada.

2. When the disparity between numbers and average online numbers gets so big, flags on the side with the least people, should be able to recruit and change the faction of crews on the other side.
So basically it this would mean that crews in the side with the most pirates (when pirate/online numbers are say 20% higher) would be able to change faction and become part of the smaller faction (until the limit was reached).
This should help balance out numbers also.

As factions will play a big part in blockades, i think it is important to not let one side get so much bigger than the other without much chance of being able to rebalance it.
----------------------------------------
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Sep 27, 2017 7:38:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Re: Factions on Obsidian Reply to this Post

1. I have noticed recently that some pirates are given the shack on Night Harbour (I thought every pirate was meant to start in Port Venture). I don't know if this is also the case for Lion Haven?

Okay, so this is how this works:

An island that matches a bunch of requirements (all three of them meet these), and has a population of at least 250 can spawn greenies. Night harbour got to 250 earlier and started spawning greenies - they were at 3000 before I noticed and remembered these mechanics, at which point I told many people in the Armada to move their houses and now Lionhaven is spawning greenies as well.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 27, 2017 7:48:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

Okay, so this is how this works:

An island that matches a bunch of requirements (all three of them meet these), and has a population of at least 250 can spawn greenies. Night harbour got to 250 earlier and started spawning greenies - they were at 3000 before I noticed and remembered these mechanics, at which point I told many people in the Armada to move their houses and now Lionhaven is spawning greenies as well.

Forculus has fixed this. Greenies will now only spawn on PV as was meant originally.
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Sep 27, 2017 8:36:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdl1963

Forculus has fixed this. Greenies will now only spawn on PV as was meant originally.

When was this fixed? As late as Fri (when I started on Dark Seas), I spawned on NH.
[Sep 27, 2017 8:44:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

When was this fixed? As late as Fri (when I started on Dark Seas), I spawned on NH.

45 minutes ago
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Sep 27, 2017 8:56:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Nek0jin

Well, that explains why I spawned in Night Harbor when I joined last week.
[Sep 27, 2017 1:21:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdl1963

Well, that explains why I spawned in Night Harbor when I joined last week.

Me too, which kinda sucks as now I have a two story shack on an island I don't live on.
[Sep 28, 2017 7:57:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

You can return that shack - and if you don't have any houses you can claim a free one elsewhere.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 28, 2017 8:06:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
jdl1963

You can return that shack - and if you don't have any houses you can claim a free one elsewhere.

True, but it appears the two story shacks are only available on the faction islands. Which makes sense given the game's storyline, but which sucks for those of us who want to be based on PV.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by jdl1963 at Sep 28, 2017 11:53:26 AM]
[Sep 28, 2017 11:47:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates