• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 5
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3162 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
patgangster

Route difficulty on Obsidian [images inside] Reply to this Post

Hi! I'd like to question the way route difficulty is handled on Obsidian.

Here's Route difficulty on Emerald:
It typically either linearly builds up, being more difficult on one end:

This happens when one island is more difficult than the other. This makes sense.

In other situations, it's pretty consistent.

This also makes sense.

Then there's longer/other routes, which become very difficult in the center but are a slight bit lighter at the edges, like the interoceans.

Perfectly fine; the middle is the most dangerous.

...Now, let's look at Obsidian.

This area is like a rollercoaster. The islands are dark-ish, more difficult LPs... and the middles of the routes are laughably easy.

This even applies to the interarches between the bounding main and the wild seas; the middle of these routes are easier than the route two islands south of it.

This feels unintended to me, and I'd like to see these routes touched up to be more consistent in their difficulty to match the difficulty the island LPs have.
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Jul 26, 2017 6:22:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

Re: Route difficulty on Obsidian [images inside] Reply to this Post

+1

When elite pillies have to pace in place just to stay by the money spots, I start to get dizzy. There are only so many turns in place my poor pirate can take before getting seasick!
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Jul 26, 2017 8:29:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Make all routes outside of Greywaters equivalent to Lynx-Olivia on Cerulean and call it a day.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 27, 2017 10:56:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

This is one of the strangest additions I have noticed in the game so far, and can't find any reason from my pillaging experience to explain why we need to go from a hard difficulty to an easy difficulty back to a hard difficulty all on the same route. I can understand Easy - Hard - Easy. All this does is drive away jobbers when the pay inexplicably goes from 2k to 800 poe.
[Sep 9, 2017 5:07:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

Looks like some things have changed! I'm still not sure if it's optimal (some things still look a bit weird, but that may just me not being used to seeing it, or having different expectations), but it's looking a lot better to me!
In both screenshots: Old situation first, new situation following.

TriplePat, Emerald.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by patgangster at Sep 27, 2017 2:46:38 PM]
[Sep 27, 2017 2:29:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates