• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 23
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3447 times and has 22 replies Next Thread
CawCawCorra

Obsidian Explorers pack badges Reply to this Post

Just a random suggestion/something I noticed after purchasing the explorers pack..

It comes with a 30 day parlor badge, but it doesn't come wrapped. IMO it should come wrapped and bound to the pirate if avoiding trading them off is what is being aimed for.
I already had an active parlor badge when I purchased the explorers pack, so now in my pocket I have one that expires in 15 days, and one that expires in 30 days. It doesn't seem quite right to me that I will only be getting 15 days of use out the the badge I got in the pack.

Shared from my post in another thread. I really think this should be addressed before more people waste money on half of a badge, or I am sure in some cases it is less than half of a badge.
----------------------------------------
Wheelie.
[Sep 17, 2017 7:29:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Forculus
Developer

Re: Obsidian Explorers pack badges Reply to this Post

This is a good point, I will update the Parlor badge to make it wrapped (won't go into effect until later this week). You can petition the Ocean Masters in-game though, and they'll take care of any lost badge days you experienced.
[Sep 18, 2017 7:57:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skammer

This is a good point, I will update the Parlor badge to make it wrapped (won't go into effect until later this week). You can petition the Ocean Masters in-game though, and they'll take care of any lost badge days you experienced.

Please note:
Perm Labour Badge does not work,
I can accept jobs, can appear to do labour
however it shows me as Dormant, and provides only labour done

Having Submitted 2 bug reports/3 petitions over 3 days
best response I get is closed/resolved by Player-Which I Disagree, nor accept
Plu , Prince of Shadows ,

Johanson says, "he is on the Johanson retirement plan... He reserves the right to log on but refuses to play unless played with first"

Avvie By.
Invy
[Sep 18, 2017 9:35:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

Please note:

We are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Please note that support does not respond to /bug reports. Those are for the devs to review logs and help them correct issues.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Sep 18, 2017 9:44:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Thunderbird

Well this explains why I was not getting any offline labor. I was beginning to wonder.

A question on the parlor badge, since it's being updated, are those of us who didn't have a parlor badge before able to ask for the existing one to be swapped out for a wrapped version?
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Sep 18, 2017 7:00:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

You can petition the Ocean Masters in-game though, and they'll take care of any lost badge days you experienced.

This would suggest that you can petition to get any days you have "duplicate" combined rather than turning one of them into a wrapped one.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 19, 2017 3:39:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

This would suggest that you can petition to get any days you have "duplicate" combined rather than turning one of them into a wrapped one.

This suggests to me that more than likely, you'll be refunded doubloons.
Cerulean & Meridian - Icemeister
Emerald & Obsidian - incognito!
#TeamPurple
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Sagacious at Sep 19, 2017 4:36:22 AM]
[Sep 19, 2017 4:35:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Would it be possible to put the badges from this package in the palace shop? Labor Alts don't need Officer badges or Swords or Parlor badges.

The life time labor badge is great as you can upgrade and when it expires your still producing minimal labor. Even better make a life time deluxe labor badge.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 19, 2017 6:44:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Crazymg

Would it be possible to put the badges from this package in the palace shop? Labor Alts don't need Officer badges or Swords or Parlor badges.

The life time labor badge is great as you can upgrade and when it expires your still producing minimal labor. Even better make a life time deluxe labor badge.

I don't think placing them in the palace shoppe is a good idea. O badges and 24 hr labour badges for 12 months will cost 276 dubs (anddd just ignore everything else in the pack), The pack is what $50USD? and it's $50 for 240 Dubs, so the cost for the badges should still be around that 240-280 dub mark shouldn't it? 240 dubs at 3,500 is only around 1mil easy enough to just buy the dubs off the exchange from other players and contribute to rising dub exchange prices. Separate the labour badge sure, but it should be paid DLC again.
~Princessmg~
[Sep 19, 2017 7:34:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I don't think placing them in the palace shoppe is a good idea. O badges and 24 hr labour badges for 12 months will cost 276 dubs (anddd just ignore everything else in the pack), The pack is what $50USD? and it's $50 for 240 Dubs, so the cost for the badges should still be around that 240-280 dub mark shouldn't it? 240 dubs at 3,500 is only around 1mil easy enough to just buy the dubs off the exchange from other players and contribute to rising dub exchange prices. Separate the labour badge sure, but it should be paid DLC again.

Reasons I disagree
1)As a parent, I don't want to give my kid the cc card to make multiple purchases so it forces a purchase of dub or explores pack where if they could buy expires pack or parts with dubs his $100 purchase cans be used how he wants with out me having to try and understand, granted I do in this game but other games they tell me and they may as well speak differnt language.

2) Dub inflation is caused by multiple issues. One is people profiting on buying and selling them. Watch the trade you will see orders pop up 50-100 poe higher filling the board. Cough Gold Boxes biggest influence. It could also help cause deflation as people will have one initial purchase of a life time badge yes a spike will happen but however in the future the dubs will be not needed for labor badges, reducing demand for dubs long term.

-I just buy my dubs once and awhile whether I hoard them for future badge purchase or spend 200 at once doesn't change anything, other then the badge doesn't dust. It really sucks coming home from a weekend a way to find all your labor alts badges dusted at once. Shops, stopped producing, ect... Then you get to spend 135 dubs at once for your nine pirates. Kinda makes ya just want to walk away.

3.This game feels like it nickel and dimes you to death as a new player I had not noticed on Emerald how much it sucks. I feel like I have to keep dumping in money to play a free to play game. Yes its a choice but people can chose to leave if they don't like it. I have seen many good friends who play daily leave Obsidian for this very reason, they are back on Emerald, but that wont last long as inflation is likely to kill that ocean as people are spending here, and meridian pirates move poe to dubs as the inflation has already destroyed Meridian. At least they would have labor if they had this badge.

That all said the Explores pack is brilliant, Meridian would still have labor and officers and maybe wouldn't be in such rough shape. I just think making it more available and even splitting it up would be a great addition. As a player who would buy it from the palace but not likely out side of it. Perhaps if once the game goes to full release I will change my mind but I am not totally sold on Obsidian yet.
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
[Sep 19, 2017 8:40:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Skammer

Please note:

We are aware of the issue and are looking into it.

Please note that support does not respond to /bug reports. Those are for the devs to review logs and help them correct issues.

In an attempt to fix the labour bagde problem, I spent 10 dubs to upgrade to Deluxe, and guess what- still complete failure

and yes I know-insert generic auto response, we are aware of problem

Player: taking advantage of player base is as wrong as me exploiting, which you resolved in under 6 hours, been 4 days and still unresolved, in fact it has become worse
this many years of game - and you cannot correct your malfunctioning product?
Plu , Prince of Shadows ,

Johanson says, "he is on the Johanson retirement plan... He reserves the right to log on but refuses to play unless played with first"

Avvie By.
Invy
[Sep 19, 2017 3:53:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Sagacious

According to Obsidian patch notes, a fix is being applied for the permanent labor badges which will take affect after the next server reboot - likely in the next few hours.

Release 2017-09-19
These changes will not take effect until the server reboots this evening.
  • Fix for bug that could cause holders of the permanent labor badge to be treated as dormant.
  • Modifying the colors of the shadow panther from the Battle Box to make it more distinct.

• ----------------------------------------
    #TeamPurple
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by Sagacious at Sep 19, 2017 4:07:01 PM]
    [Sep 19, 2017 4:06:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Scarpath

Player: taking advantage of player base is as wrong as me exploiting, which you resolved in under 6 hours, been 4 days and still unresolved, in fact it has become worse
    this many years of game - and you cannot correct your malfunctioning product?

Please do try to understand for just a second what might be going on right now. Just head over to any of the three colonized islands, and look at the buildings from the outside... Oh wait, you can't. And let's not forget the players who can't see any other players. And those who can't purchase doubloons at all.

Yes, it's frustrating that your badge itsn't working well. We all get this. However, it's far from the only problem right now, so have a little patience. This is still a beta, so sometimes when the devs change something, other things break and need to be fixed.

Yeah, there are issues. That's part of what you sign up for when you play a beta game/server. The badges will get fixed, just be patient.
    Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
    [Sep 19, 2017 4:06:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    majestrate

On a different note, check out imgur.com. You can host images there for free. So when you post screen captures, you don't have to worry about whether or not your hotlink will work. You can even post anonymously. If you choose to use imgur, you don't have to "Publish to Gallery" in order for your upload to be viewable.
    #TeamEvil
    Marto wrote: 
    We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
    [Edit 1 times, last edit by majestrate at Sep 20, 2017 12:41:59 PM]
    [Sep 20, 2017 12:40:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
    LJAmethyst

On a different note, check out imgur.com. You can host images there for free. So when you post screen captures, you don't have to worry about whether or not your hotlink will work. You can even post anonymously. If you choose to use imgur, you don't have to "Publish to Gallery" in order for your upload to be viewable.

I guess you could use imgur but it does have the problem of imposing a random filename. Allow me to quote more appropriate solutions from the 2016 Easter Egg Test Rendering Thread.

lilymoon wrote: 
    We highly recommend using PostImage.org or CloudApp (free is 10 files per day limit) to house these files. Why? Well, they don't change the naming, they don't have ads and the direct link actually is a direct link! If possible, please use one of these websites for providing us your designs that you want rendered. Also, if you know of another image sharing website that doesn't alter the file names please share!

lilymoon wrote: 
    The trouble with ....
    Photobucket:
    So, this past year has been a hate-hate relationship with Photobucket. Even when you- as entrants- provide a 'direct link' it still takes us to the photobucket html page. So to save a photobucket image, rather than right clicking on image and saving your image file, with photobucket we have to right click and select view image. This then takes us to the photobucket website page. Once on that page we have to 'select the enlarge/magnifying glass icon' which then opens the file page (as no right clicking is allowed), then we have to 'right click view image' via that page to open the image so we can then 'right click save image' in order to actually save the image file in order to actually render it for ye. And that's assuming that Photobucket is actually working (which lately its been down a LOT). So, if ye still must use photobucket, please make sure of the following:
    Is Photobucket renaming yer files?
    Try changing: User Settings > Privacy > deselect File Name Scrambling (Thanks for the tip Dexla!)
    Is photobucket not letting us save the image?
    Please be sure and use the direct link, not the html link. You may have to hunt for the actual link! Thank ye!

TinyPic and Imgur:
    Please DO NOT use TinyPic or Imgur as that application generates a random code instead of maintaining the file name. This makes rendering MUCH more difficult. Please use Postimage.org or another application that maintains the file name. Thank ye so much.

Retired as of August 2015.
    2 Timothy 4:7
    [Edit 2 times, last edit by LJAmethyst at Sep 20, 2017 12:49:45 PM]
    [Sep 20, 2017 12:46:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.newadvent.org/bible/jon001.htm [Link]  Go to top 
    majestrate

This isn't an event thread, filenames do not matter. I specified imgur because it's slightly more popular than postimages.org (formerly postimage.org).

Personally, I prefer postimages.org, it's what I use for all my images here. But the average user is more likely to have used imgur than they have postimages.

In any case, I believe my point still stands.
    #TeamEvil
    Marto wrote: 
    We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
    [Sep 20, 2017 2:24:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
    escooper

Explorer's Pack Badge Questions
    - This is the 24 hr labor badge, right?

- If I wanted to make the labor badge 72 hrs, do I pay for an upgrade each month? or is that possible?

- Can I spread the badges between the pirates on the account?
    Samjones (All oceans)
    Collector of ships with Mummichog fish name and Moody Adjective.

Be a pirate. Play like a pirate today #puzzlepirates
    [Sep 21, 2017 4:40:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    patgangster

Yes.

- If I wanted to make the labor badge 72 hrs, do I pay for an upgrade each month? or is that possible?

You get a 5-doubloon discount on the deluxe badge when you have the permanent labor badge (also an 8-doubloon discount on Senior Officer and Captain badge for having the permanent officer badge)

No, you claim all of it at the same time and they're untradable.
    TriplePat, Emerald.
    [Sep 21, 2017 5:05:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    xelto

Yes.

You get a 5-doubloon discount on the deluxe badge when you have the permanent labor badge (also an 8-doubloon discount on Senior Officer and Captain badge for having the permanent officer badge)

No, you claim all of it at the same time and they're untradable.

Basically, this package is designed to allow players to be able to play those parts of the game (labor puzzles and being an officer) whenever they want, without needing to diddledork around with buying a badge on a regular basis. It's not intended to make shopkeeping simple/cheap via a neverending deluxe badge, although you can approximate this by upgrading your basic badge every 30 days.
    Gurndigarn on Emerald Ocean
    "Oh, come on. You jobbed onto a ship called the Cursed Isle Raider and you expected *refined*?"
    [Sep 22, 2017 4:28:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Filthyjake

It just hit me, with an non expiring badge and shops that don't require puzzling, Furnisher/Tailor, could be abused. I could open a shop put some poe in and come back at the end of the year and collect. Is there at least a log in requirement at least for this badge or did running these types of shops become even easier yet. The same would go for raising building as I am sure there will be some shops going up as soon as they possibly can?

This may be a great reason not to allow it to be purchased with out the whole package, yet it would still be worth it to run a furnisher doing next to nothing once the shop is set up.
    Filthyjake6145 (discord)
    [Sep 25, 2017 7:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    wrs1864b

It just hit me, with an non expiring badge and shops that don't require puzzling, Furnisher/Tailor, could be abused. I could open a shop put some poe in and come back at the end of the year and collect. Is there at least a log in requirement at least for this badge

Yes, there has always been a login requirement. You have to log in once every 10 days to keep your labor going.
    Algol can not assert the truth of all statements in this post and still be consistent.
    [Sep 25, 2017 7:38:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Voidrix00

Side note on the deluxe badge. It is almost certainly only utilising the hours of the permanent labour badge and not the deluxe currently as well.
    Voidrix (All oceans)
    Captain of Unquenchable Fury and Prince of Universe A .
    Owns the largest collection of Guys on Cerulean.
    [Sep 26, 2017 3:46:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    Sagacious

Side note on the deluxe badge. It is almost certainly only utilising the hours of the permanent labour badge and not the deluxe currently as well.

A bugfix for this was released yesterday.
    #TeamPurple
    [Sep 26, 2017 4:48:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
    [Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates