• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 4
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1045 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
patgangster

An idea for gems on Obsidian Reply to this Post

So, as most people are aware, there are no gems available on obsidian (yet?), so I figured I'd throw in my suggestion for them.

1) Gems should ONLY be available in the wild western seas, and wild eastern seas.

2) The eastern seas could spawn moonstones, and the western seas could spawn something else (Maybe some fancy new light gem; none of the currently exiting ones felt like it fit to me personally). Night harbour will buy moonstones, and Lionhaven will buy the other gem.

3) Disable (or increase the amount of gems required to trigger)) the 'gem thieves' mechanic that applies to having 25 or more gems aboard. Instead, have the old salts in the inn have a chance to announce any boat with gems aboard while it is sailing (x% chance per LP hit, increasing heavily with amount of gems aboard, with a cooldown of X minutes so a boat with many gems doesn't get announced every single LP)

4) Gems are now high risk, high reward. Because of Obsidian being smaller the route to sail them is shorter than it was on the other oceans - but these changes encourage hunting gem runners.

Further balance changes might be required, but this is my rough idea.
----------------------------------------
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 16, 2017 11:59:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
shadymermady

Re: An idea for gems on Obsidian Reply to this Post

I really like this idea : )

When i first started playing ypp, gem running was one of my favourite things to do. It wasn't too bad doing it on Viridian because there were only 3 Archs and i can see the appeal of doing gem running on Obsidian because it is smaller.

Having just 2 places to sell would simplify it enough to encourage people into actually doing it again.
Betty - Obsidian

Crip tells ye, "bout to turn on my balls warmer.."
[Sep 17, 2017 5:40:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

I also like the idea. It would at least make gem running a team event.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Sep 17, 2017 3:15:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

I loved running Gem's even on Emerald and the long halls. I think the idea you have is great.

Just a thought, the Number you can hold could perhaps be increased by the number of pirates aboard the ship.

Ex 1 Pirate can protect 5-10, then 2 could protect 10-15, 3 pirates 15-20 till a cap was met really encouraging team work. This would also be a great way for flags/crews to raise money. Seeing that multi clients difficult it would be actual players.

I also think it would be fun if we could hold a small amount in shops/stalls this ocean is harsh on the shop keepers this could be added profit if a shop keeper could buy them dock side and collect X before risk of theft and then move them This will also. Ok now its probably getting to complex as a rework but I hated getting gem when pillaging and then feeling the need to move them around the world or toss a few thousand overboard.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 17, 2017 3:58:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates