• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 117
Posts: 117   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 21969 times and has 116 replies Next Thread
Thunderbird

Re: Dark Seas: Early Access Steam discussion thread Reply to this Post

The Linux tab is missing from the Requirements section on the game's Steam page. Will there be no Linux support, despite the fact that an installer was provided for the earlier beta?
----------------------------------------
Pirate tells you, "my, that's one BIG wad o' chewing gum ye have mounted on yer bonce! oO'"
Sungod officer chats, "I wonder if anyone's sailing the harpsichord"
Pirate tells you, "ZOMG CANDYFLOSS!!! *munches*"
[Sep 8, 2017 6:36:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Strider399

@Xelto

Your proposal is pretty much in line with what I posted earlier. +1.
Sid on Obsidian

Striderrs everywhere else
[Sep 8, 2017 6:58:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
marielking

- Ideas on how to balance more swabbies on a ship so you can load ships faster while still encouraging jobbing

- Suggestions on how to allow people to see the notice board while in a puzzle - Suggestions on how to allow people to easily see the blockade board and the notice board at the same time.

- Suggestions on how to make blockade organizing easier for those in charge. - Ways to allow a potential jobber to "wait" for a ship to load while playing another puzzle (labor, cards, etc)

As far as blockading goes, I feel like you could do something similar to how you do puzzling competitions.

When a blockade for a particular island is starting soon (30 minutes away? 15 minutes away?) have an Ahoy tab pop up that can be dismissed if you aren't interested. If there are multiple islands having a blockade you could have it either in multiple boxes where you can dismiss the islands you aren't interested in tracking. If you accidentally close it, on the blockading tab in the notice board you should be able to click a button next to an island that says "track this blockade" or something similar.

I don't think you should be able to APPLY via this summary box, but use it more as a broad summary of how a blockade is going.

In its default state it could show a simplified version of who is jobbing for a blockade (Crew with faction icon, POE/segment offer, coordinating officer or ship type). At the top of the box, it would include timer countdowns to round starts or how many minutes are left/have been used in a round or how many rounds certain flags have won.

Each box (equivalent to the 1st place, 2ndplace, etc prizes) could be dedicated to flags who are participating in the blockade.

Super primitive paint image attached:

Docktarte of Sage Emerald Obsidian

[Edit 1 times, last edit by marielking at Sep 8, 2017 8:32:21 PM]
[Sep 8, 2017 8:29:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Freaky_guy07

Badges:

Parlor badges are a pointless barrier to entry for new players. It forces them to go straight onto a boat to earn PoE, to then spend on a badge. Badges are not fun. Cosmetics and functional items are what will keep a new player interested.

It's ridiculous to employ an item that restricts a players ability to play a game when you don't even have players playing the game.

Parlor badges used to function as somewhat of a restriction to people making alts and wagering high stakes, but that is now being prevented by limiting wagering amounts based on experience level. I can't see a reason for parlor badges to exist.

Alts:

This might be an extreme suggestion for transferring between alts and I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement, but, what if houses were bounded to an account rather than just one pirate? We have items such as chests, wardrobes, sword racks etc to provide a means of transferring between alts, so if all pirates on the same account has easy access to the location which these storage items are placed then... problem solved? (for the most part)
Aabay
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Freaky_guy07 at Sep 9, 2017 3:01:15 AM]
[Sep 9, 2017 3:00:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

This might be an extreme suggestion for transferring between alts and I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement, but, what if houses were bounded to an account rather than just one pirate? We have items such as chests, wardrobes, sword racks etc to provide a means of transferring between alts, so if all pirates on the same account has easy access to the location which these storage items are placed then... problem solved? (for the most part)

I like it. Also encourages purchase of wardrobe, trunk, and sword rack

Could also just allow roommate/manager/crew invites extend to offline pirates even if it had to be done via steam chat or___________ when I long in to chosen account the message is there and I click a button allowing me to add all 3 of my pirates to my home, crew, shop.

On a side note leaving messages to offline pirates in game rather then here in the forums or discord or facebook or _____________ would be amazing. Especially as we now likely need to coordinate with our crew/flag mates to move goods to avoid pvp loss or sink.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Sep 9, 2017 3:24:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Stan5

Not a native English speaker, pardon (and please correct) my errors
Badges - Might be a long shot but what if for:
Labor - Make every day "free" puzzling days/Practice, however, in order to produce labor (or to get paid for your puzzling efforts, you'd have to get a badge)
Parlor Badge - What if it essentially becomes a "Wager Badge". You can play on a table, any carousing game that does not involve wagers everyday without a parlor badge but in order to join a tournament or wager or play the wagered cards game, you would need a parlor badge.

Pillages - The thread Triplepat posted here is a major issues. Please even out the routes or at least give us somewhat of a reason why. It's strange earning 2-3k in one battle, and without any change to the crew or loss, the pay drops to 800 poe the next league point.
- Give us a reason to run/go on a non-elite Pillage. The average pay i noticed on routes outside the Wild Seas is between 400 - 900poe per battle. With the inability to turn greedy trinkets into poe, there are little to no incentive for anyone to run a green pillage.
- If we are going to have new people joining, there should not just be an incentive for them to pillage, but an incentive for more experienced bnavers to run pillages where there are no stat requirements.
- My suggestion would be to lower the pay penalty the booty ramp gets for having lower statted pirates aboard or people leaving and coming on the vessel. - If we're winning battles back to back, there should be no reason that they pay should be really low.
- Please fix the B-Nav exploitation by making the "re-engaged battle" un-rated, like SF and Rumble are. It is hard to tell who is actually good at b-nav from their stats when all you have to do is re-engage a ship, over-max and your stat goes up. Some of the worst pillages i've been on have been with people on the ult list.
- Spawn IO and Viking expos from battles please. Everything else already spawns from battles, those two expeditions are some of the least promoted content in the game
- Pillages giving out their own unique style of furniture/items from greedy lockers i.e Viking style furniture, clothing, (that sick axe from the vikings) etc. You can make them all Old Condition, that way we still have to use shoppes, but there is a good feeling that comes with getting non-trinket items from any voyage.

Wait Times
- Swabbies for Pillaging/Sea Monster hunts to reduce wait times - I wholeheartedly support everything Striders mentioned on the subject here
- Tables aboard a ship will help promote puzzling on board during wait times. - Disable the "Join" button on the table whenever the vessel leaves port.
- Side note: Long shot but Most ships come with parlor tables, but they are just props, can we make them active tables?

Rotations: The only voyages that need rotating are HS/Atlantis pending the time when they become feasible to run on smaller vessels. A forced rotation of CIs/KHs that only need a sloop is hurting us more than it is helping

Notice Board Viewing - I always find myself with an alt online whenever I am aboard a ship, whether running something (to see the jobbing competition) or as a jobber (simply out of curiosity).
- Can we be able to see them in battle via the Voyage Tab on the Notice Board, but with the "Apply" button disabled? or the same way we can view Blockades on the Navigation table.
- There isn't much of a con to being able to view the Voyage tab while aboard a ship, those that will leave the vessel to join a better voyage will do so regardless (by using an alt to look).
- Disabling the Apply button will prevent accidentally getting jobbed to someone else's ship.
- This will also help blockade runners keep track of the notice board while aboard a ship without using alts.
- I think puzzles are hectic enough that we don't need to be able to actively view the notice board while we are in-puzzle. If we need to, we can hop off our station, go in the captain's quarters, click on the table and see what else is on the notice board.

- Random off topic question - We all know as soon as the game opens up to new people, the botting community will take steps to advertise and market their products to the new players too. Will there be measures taken to reduce the inclination to use external programs other than the Ban Hammer?

Thank you for all the work you put in this game, and for listening to the community (even when we can come across as ungrateful serial whiners sometimes). Long live YPP
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Stan5 at Sep 9, 2017 4:58:38 AM]
[Sep 9, 2017 4:39:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
patgangster

response to (just about) everything Stan5 posted:

Badges - Might be a long shot but what if for:
Labor - Make every day "free" puzzling days/Practice, however, in order to produce labor (or to get paid for your puzzling efforts, you'd have to get a badge)

Suggested several more times in this thread; and I agree with this.

Parlor Badge - What if it essentially becomes a "Wager Badge". You can play on a table, any carousing game that does not involve wagers everyday without a parlor badge but in order to join a tournament or wager or play the wagered cards game, you would need a parlor badge.

This is an interesting idea. It's in line with the "make at least the ability to PLAY the puzzles free" ideas that seem very commonly suggested - I'd support complete removal of the badge over this, but it's an interesting option.

Pillages - The thread Triplepat posted here is a major issues. Please even out the routes or at least give us somewhat of a reason why. It's strange earning 2-3k in one battle, and without any change to the crew or loss, the pay drops to 800 poe the next league point.

As the one who posted this thread, I think my stance on this is clear.

- Give us a reason to run/go on a non-elite Pillage. The average pay i noticed on routes outside the Wild Seas is between 400 - 900poe per battle. With the inability to turn greedy trinkets into poe, there are little to no incentive for anyone to run a green pillage.
- If we are going to have new people joining, there should not just be an incentive for them to pillage, but an incentive for more experienced bnavers to run pillages where there are no stat requirements.
- My suggestion would be to lower the pay penalty the booty ramp gets for having lower statted pirates aboard or people leaving and coming on the vessel. - If we're winning battles back to back, there should be no reason that they pay should be really low.

Combining these together since they have the same points/goals, and I tend to agree. But when doing this, you have to be careful - elite pillages SHOULD be better than non-elite pillages, and you don't want to discourage good players getting together

- Please fix the B-Nav exploitation by making the "re-engaged battle" un-rated, like SF and Rumble are. It is hard to tell who is actually good at b-nav from their stats when all you have to do is re-engage a ship, over-max and your stat goes up. Some of the worst pillages i've been on have been with people on the ult list.

I think that's a good suggestion which would help combat the exploits.

- Spawn IO and Viking expos from battles please. Everything else already spawns from battles, those two expeditions are some of the least promoted content in the game

I don't agree with this one as IOs and vikings are quite different from the other expeditions. Some changes to them (I'm not sure what they would be), preferably to encourage (but definitely not enforce) doing one or two of them during a pillage in some way, rather than either not at all or only repeatedly doing them.

- Pillages giving out their own unique style of furniture/items from greedy lockers i.e Viking style furniture, clothing, (that sick axe from the vikings) etc. You can make them all Old Condition, that way we still have to use shoppes, but there is a good feeling that comes with getting non-trinket items from any voyage.

Pillages do give out jeweled chairs and tables already - maybe this can be expanded on.

Wait Times
- Swabbies for Pillaging/Sea Monster hunts to reduce wait times - I wholeheartedly support everything Striders mentioned on the subject here
- Tables aboard a ship will help promote puzzling on board during wait times. - Disable the "Join" button on the table whenever the vessel leaves port.
- Side note: Long shot but Most ships come with parlor tables, but they are just props, can we make them active tables?

Keeping the stuff from Strider's thread in his one; being able to disable joining parlor games from your ship (with a toggle somewhere) could also be a good idea. (Since some do want to keep the tables active while they sit on the SMH LP for example, just "while in port only" may not be the greatest idea.

Rotations: The only voyages that need rotating are HS/Atlantis pending the time when they become feasible to run on smaller vessels. A forced rotation of CIs/KHs that only need a sloop is hurting us more than it is helping

Tempted to agree - but with maps lasting 8 days, the rotations would be weird if there only were two maps rotating.

Notice Board Viewing - I always find myself with an alt online whenever I am aboard a ship, whether running something (to see the jobbing competition) or as a jobber (simply out of curiosity).
- Can we be able to see them in battle via the Voyage Tab on the Notice Board, but with the "Apply" button disabled? or the same way we can view Blockades on the Navigation table.
- There isn't much of a con to being able to view the Voyage tab while aboard a ship, those that will leave the vessel to join a better voyage will do so regardless (by using an alt to look).
- Disabling the Apply button will prevent accidentally getting jobbed to someone else's ship.
- This will also help blockade runners keep track of the notice board while aboard a ship without using alts.
- I think puzzles are hectic enough that we don't need to be able to actively view the notice board while we are in-puzzle. If we need to, we can hop off our station, go in the captain's quarters, click on the table and see what else is on the notice board.

Notice board viewing while on a boat would be nice, there were some suggestions on it already, and this is another one that could work.

- Random off topic question - We all know as soon as the game opens up to new people, the botting community will take steps to advertise and market their products to the new players too. Will there be measures taken to reduce the inclination to use external programs other than the Ban Hammer?

I heard Steam will be something that helps with this (anti-cheat?), but I don't know much about it myself.
TriplePat, Emerald.
[Sep 9, 2017 5:37:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Jacktar7

Lovin' the promo video... advertising with such naughty words indeed... :P

[Edit 1 times, last edit by Jacktar7 at Sep 9, 2017 8:42:56 AM]
[Sep 9, 2017 8:31:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Filthyjake

Bhahhaaa I thought I some other off color chat too havent had time to go through frame by frame.

Sex sells that this game is going to explode with new players.

Edit

Tempted to agree - but with maps lasting 8 days, the rotations would be weird if there only were two maps rotating.

This would end the rotation as they would allays all be out. I am starting to like the rotation people being pushed to things they otherwise would not do. We all have our favorites but with the game's diversity in things to do there is allays something to do, may not be your favorite but if your only here for that one part of the game I guess you can always play poker or troll global chat if you don't want to troll police it I enjoy watching both.
Filthyjake all oceans (Obsidian Primary)
Filthyjake6145 (discord)
?Retired? On a Break? I found a new love...
Casual player or yet another who moved on.
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Filthyjake at Sep 9, 2017 5:10:25 PM]
[Sep 9, 2017 5:01:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
EmpressTamar

Surely that's why the bottle's labeled 'xxx?'
Empresstamar of Emerald.
Yppedia page

Gorgeous avatar by by Cattrin <3
[Sep 9, 2017 5:15:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pixierain486

Wow...

That's incredible! Haha, I honestly didn't even pick up on that while editing.

Welp, now I guess it's no different to that one infamous Lion King scene :P
*~* Scythera of Obsidian & Meridian & Emerald Ocean *~*

[Sep 9, 2017 6:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    https://www.cherrycake4.com [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

Ideas on changes for how labor hours are pulled

Allow a pirate to set a preference of which shop to take the labour first.
Or a choice to have it to be evenly spread.
Or a choice to have it go to the highest paid.

Changes to how badges are used or being able to use more than one on a single pirate

Cronus you are a very clever man. You answered your question in the question
Allow deluxe labour badges to be stackable.

(Over my many years of playing the one thing that has put me off is having to do puzzles on up to 50 pirates every 10 days. Steam is the perfect time to allow these to be stackable

Changes to how many hours are needed for items

Do the above 2 and this is not needed.
(I'm sure the above 2 would be much easier to change anyway!)

Changes to foraging

I never forage because if I do then I lose my labour from other shops.
Best solution to this would be:
For every deluxe labour badge, allow 24 hours of 'free' foraging. Which is seperate to the labour hours.

E.g.
Deluxe labour badge allows:
24 hours of 'free' foraging
72 hours to be used in shops OR for foraging once the 24 'free' hours are used.

This idea would mean that being an active player and foraging every day brings in some more poe. This would make deluxe labour badges more inviting. And if people do chose they could still use all of the hours on foraging (in this case it would be 96)

Suggestions on how to make blockade organizing easier for those in charge

Multi clients are a HUGE part of blockading at present. So this really does need to be addressed.
The main problem I see (that nobody else has so far mentioned) is that you HAVE to use a seperate blockade crew. Otherwise stock/fleet etc gets spied on the build up to a blockade. Without being able to multiclient this will be extremely hard.
1. How do you pass deeds to your cade crew?
2. How do you use your main to chart the ships in your cade crew?
3. Not using a cade crew leaves a lot of unlocked ships in a PvP ocean... this isn't a good idea.

SOLUTION:
Allow each flag to have a specific 'blockade crew'.
This would be a crew that the royal of a flag could make for a one off fee of 10 doubloons. This crew would run along side the other crews in the flag. Meaning that pirates within the flag could be in both crews. This would mean members of the crew could 'toggle' between the two crews while still being part of both
If they were currently selected as being part of the normal crew. They would only see the ships in their actual crew. If selected as part of the blockade crew, they would only see ships at the dock in the blockade crew.
Pirates part of both crews could transfer stock between ships in one crew to the other.
There would be a seperate section under 'booty' that just contained the ship deeds they had in the blockade crew.

Ranks would work as follows:
- 'Royal' all royals of the flag are automatically placed in this rank of the blockade crew. They would all be able to do the same things a captain can currently do.
- 'Titled' all titled members in the flag are made this rank. They have the same abilities as an SO in a normal crew.
- 'Ranking officer' this would be a rank given to n'members' of the flag by either titled or royals. They would be able to move stock on the ships etc same as a normal FO.
- Officer(this would be the lowest rank in the blockade crew) this is also an assigned ranked given out by royals or titled to members of the flag. With the same permissions as a normal officer.

This crew would be made to be specific for blockading. Ships in this crew could only be used for 'swabbie' 'evade' 'trade' or 'blockade'.
Titles in this crew could actually have a use. Such as Jobbing contact being able to assign ships for incoming jobbers. (As suggested in other posts)
A title for 'Land Admiral' this title would allow players to 'pull' resources from a specific stock ship. Sort of a request, rather than going on the stock ship and transferring.
I think this 'request' feature is very important, probably even for regular crews. Since the lack of using multi clients means you won't have an alt sat on the stock shop ready to transfer stock

This is my main outline of what I think a specific blockade crew would do and be used for. It would get rid of the need for alts in a blockade crew (which require multi clients) as well as just making life easier for people playing the game. Being able to blockade on your main for once would be a real bonus!
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Sep 10, 2017 2:07:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Aethera21

Marty makes an excellent point. Really the biggest problem of all with the lack of multiclienting is the lack of being able to trade to yourself, and that has a large impact on Blockade Crews.

I don't really want to have to trade to a friend and then trade back to myself - that opens up the possibility for getting scammed and increases OM work with reports - people trust too easily sometimes.

I think the easier solution than the "being in 2 crews" thing, which I imagine would be tough coding, is to a)have a toggle for "allow someone to hearty or roomie me when offline", default it to off if you want to, but have the ability, so I can go in my settings, turn that on, and make my alt a roommate. When the alt logs on, it gets a popup. Then b)create a Deed storage chest, and please, not just 10 slots, at least 30. People have been begging for that for years. Then I can transfer to myself easily through my house. I can already transfer most other items as well, so that takes care of really all alt transferring. In Flag Halls, only Royals could transfer. Helps furnishers too.
Aethera of Cobalt Cerulean
Princess of Maniacal Menagerie
Blockade staff on any ocean
[Sep 14, 2017 7:11:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Fiddler

Trading between alts

Alternate idea instead of furniture item - safe deposit boxes at the bank.

The issue with using existing furniture to transfer items between alts is that not all of your alts will always be able to access the same locations. Either they're in different crews, or flags, or they're not all roommates in the same housing. Workarounds like access being granted to all pirates on an account can get messy very quickly. In addition, current storage furniture allows any pirate that can access a scene to remove or deposit into the storage.

But all pirates can access the bank. So walk into the bank, pay a nominal fee for a safe deposit box, drop off your items, and log off. Log in with another pirate on the same account, walk into the bank, and pick up the items.

Size of the fee, how many items the box can contain, is this storage permanent or does it expire after some set time - these are all details that can be worked out later.
Orsino, Viridian ocean
Forum-mute: your best friend
Whitewyvern wrote: 
The only high end goals are those you set for yourself. What happens to anyone else is irrelevant.

[Sep 14, 2017 8:06:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Avatar by Stimmhorn [Link]  Go to top 
nkirbit

Communication needs to be stepped up, in my opinion. According to steam, access to the new client will begin in about an hour, and as far as I can tell there is zero information about the switch (including the fact that it is even occurring!) in the client. People playing now are pretty invested so I think most will figure it out, but information needs to be easier to find in the client for new players who won't be invested.

There was also zero info about the August 14th Booch Box promotion in client. Most people probably eventually heard about it through trade chat or their friends, but promotions like that are something that should be shoved in our faces so that we have 0% chance of missing them. I understand that there is a lot of work to be done on the Steam transition and the team is very small, but I think GH could do a much better job of letting players know about stuff that's actually going on
Endless
[Sep 14, 2017 8:21:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Onelegstan

Trading between alts

Alternate idea instead of furniture item - safe deposit boxes at the bank.

The issue with using existing furniture to transfer items between alts is that not all of your alts will always be able to access the same locations. Either they're in different crews, or flags, or they're not all roommates in the same housing. Workarounds like access being granted to all pirates on an account can get messy very quickly. In addition, current storage furniture allows any pirate that can access a scene to remove or deposit into the storage.

But all pirates can access the bank. So walk into the bank, pay a nominal fee for a safe deposit box, drop off your items, and log off. Log in with another pirate on the same account, walk into the bank, and pick up the items.

Size of the fee, how many items the box can contain, is this storage permanent or does it expire after some set time - these are all details that can be worked out later.

why implement a fee? being able to trade with yourself is currently very easy, and required. why make it hard for someone to do something they have been doing quick and freely for years?
Martyhur on Emerald
Marty on Obsidian
[Sep 14, 2017 8:40:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Cronus wrote: 
This means we're open to suggestions on how to make the use of one account more feasible.

Increase number of pirates on one login account
For labor alts, what about if you open up the option to create 6 pirates on one account vs. three. That's something that's already been done, code wise, and would alleviate the need to create more YPP login accounts.
Edit: Heck, you can even provide this option only once they've actually spent RL money on dubs :)

I agree with this:

If the goal is to move away from alt armies for labor, then having labor badges stackable would be an excellent fix. I'd immediately stop using my labor alts if this change occurred.

Alternatively, you could provide each pirate 12 hours labor for free. Then provide levels of badges for those that want to do shoppe stuff (ie small-48, med-72, large-96)

This. Please do this :)

Would it be possible to make someone a roommate even when they're offline?

Sounds interesting :D

What about being able to specify whether you want specific items to be shared among alts on the same account (to include eights)? Then you wouldn't have to transfer things around.

Trading between alts on same login account
Having an alt to trade with is an issue with using steam. So having all of your pirates on one account the ability to access everything besides dubs would be ideal. How you go about doing that is up to you, but I hope it will be free for players since its currently free by using an alt.

Dubs
I feel the use of dubs for everything is too much. I think dubs should be used strictly for luxury things. I.E. Larger ships, fancy clothes, high end weapons, large abodes, etc. Badges for basic labor, for parlor games, for SMHs should be removed and badges for FO and lower should be reduced/removed.

Fixing these things will keep new players.

Sub option
I'm an old salt, been playing now 11 years (OMG!) and started out on Dub ocean (sage) and I started playing on Sub ocean a few years ago (due to winning sub time in a forum contest). I LOVE the sub option and not having a sub option w/out these types of dub changes (listed above and as a lot of others have also requested) will really detract my interest in playing on this ocean regularly. There has got to be a way to bring over sub players, esp. if you forsee DS being the main ocean your company commits to. Some folks over on Cerulean refuses to even check out this ocean due to a non-sub option.

Thank ye for reading my suggestions :)

EDIT:
So its now live on Steam- Yarr!- and they are offering 3 packages including permanent badges!

How long are these offers valid?
I already spent all my allotted spending for the month on the new boxes so I cannot buy until next month for these items. Thank ye :)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/638630/Puzzle_Pirates__Eminent_Explorer_Pack/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/704900/Puzzle_Pirates__Defiant_Armada_pack/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/704930/Puzzle_Pirates__Shadow_Fleet_pack/
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 2 times, last edit by lilymoon at Sep 14, 2017 11:11:52 AM]
[Sep 14, 2017 9:32:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Factor93

Wow. I've spent all of £3 on YPP in the 10 years I've been playing and I'm actually tempted to spend £30 on this Eminent Explorer pack. GG GH.
Factors on every ocean - Active on Obsidian

[Sep 14, 2017 11:44:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Onelegstan wrote: 
Cronus wrote: 
Suggestions on how to make blockade organizing easier for those in charge

Multi clients are a HUGE part of blockading at present. So this really does need to be addressed.
The main problem I see (that nobody else has so far mentioned) is that you HAVE to use a seperate blockade crew. Otherwise stock/fleet etc gets spied on the build up to a blockade. Without being able to multiclient this will be extremely hard.
1. How do you pass deeds to your cade crew?
2. How do you use your main to chart the ships in your cade crew?
3. Not using a cade crew leaves a lot of unlocked ships in a PvP ocean... this isn't a good idea.

Similar to hiding moves, add the option to hide stock? Also make it so that jobbers can't see the ships in the crew they are jobbed into except for ships that have a jobbing notice up (jobbers would still be able to see ships that crew members are on)?
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Sep 14, 2017 11:58:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Tornup2

The explorers pack is actually a great idea. Now if only there was an option to pay additional money for permanent captains badge or deluxe labors badge...
[Sep 14, 2017 12:36:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

The explorers pack is actually a great idea. Now if only there was an option to pay additional money for permanent captains badge or deluxe labors badge...

If you upgrade your badge, you pay the standard upgrade. For example, I could upgrade my Officer badge to an SO badge for 2 doubloons. That upgrade badge will last for 30 days before it dusts and I'd be left with the infinite officer badge again. Wrapped badges still cost the full amount (for obvious reasons).
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Sep 14, 2017 12:45:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Knorps

Concerning the SMH, would this make any sense:

Some thoughts:

-Captain defines pirate threshold
-Warning flute will sound 3 pirates before the max is reached
-Leaving the SMH after you are whisked aboard will give you a 10 min SMH ban
Pirate: Wasbeer
Ocean: Viridian Meridian
[Sep 14, 2017 1:23:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Tornup2

If you upgrade your badge, you pay the standard upgrade. For example, I could upgrade my Officer badge to an SO badge for 2 doubloons. That upgrade badge will last for 30 days before it dusts and I'd be left with the infinite officer badge again. Wrapped badges still cost the full amount (for obvious reasons).

I understand that-- I meant a permanent option instead of 2 dubs every month.
[Sep 14, 2017 1:31:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tornup2

Concerning the SMH, would this make any sense:

Some thoughts:

-Captain defines pirate threshold
-Warning flute will sound 3 pirates before the max is reached
-Leaving the SMH after you are whisked aboard will give you a 10 min SMH ban

Awesome idea! Only problem (in my opinion) is that people will sign up, go do something, and then the captain will call and they won't go because they are doing something else. Obviously if you log off, then you automatically get removed from the list.
[Sep 14, 2017 1:32:37 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Knorps

Awesome idea! Only problem (in my opinion) is that people will sign up, go do something, and then the captain will call and they won't go because they are doing something else. Obviously if you log off, then you automatically get removed from the list.

I agree. Maybe it would also be good to have people that are waiting be unable to participate in certain activities. Not joining tournaments for example. That way people will have to choose.
Pirate: Wasbeer
Ocean: Viridian Meridian
[Sep 14, 2017 1:52:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
Cronus
OceanMaster

EDIT:
So its now live on Steam- Yarr!- and they are offering 3 packages including permanent badges!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/638630/Puzzle_Pirates__Eminent_Explorer_Pack/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/704900/Puzzle_Pirates__Defiant_Armada_pack/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/704930/Puzzle_Pirates__Shadow_Fleet_pack/

How long are these offers valid?

For those unfamiliar with Steam, these are Downloadable Content (DLC) which mean they are permanent offers. You can pick them up whenever you want. With that being said, it's possible that the price could change in either direction at some point in the future.

I already spent all my allotted spending for the month on the new boxes so I cannot buy until next month for these items. Thank ye :)

You should contact support@puzzlepirates.com if you're running into a spending limit problem when you try.
Current avatar by Podgekins
Tinfoil, popsicle sticks, and paste make for a nice shiny new hat!
[Sep 14, 2017 1:59:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Chargeo

Cronos,

currently i have the infinate, as well as an officer badge that degrades in 11 days.

the shoppe says it would be 7 dubs to upgrade.

bug?
my job puts me under german law.
[Sep 14, 2017 2:30:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
asts6

Potential impression of a new player...

The game is 'free to play' but you have to spent lots of money on the eminent explorer pack to "be able to sail a ship":

Pack Includes:
Permanent Officer Badge. This badge is permanent and will allow your pirate to sail a ship.

What new player would want to try a free to play pirate game if it looks like they won't be able to sail a ship

Also an option to buy a pack with a permanent parlor badge would be nice...
Tokenboy on the Sage Ocean
[Sep 14, 2017 3:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

You should contact support@puzzlepirates.com if you're running into a spending limit problem when you try.

LOL I should have stated my personal spending quota, not in game limits :)
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Avvie by Tilinka!
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Sep 14, 2017 3:30:23 PM]
[Sep 14, 2017 3:29:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
HiimEric2001

I love the DLC! The perma-badges will help. I love the re-use of the Savvy hat. I will still miss my backsword, though. It was just a cool looking sword.

It would be really really great if there was a DLC that cut down on delivery fees too. You guys would know the feasibility of this better than me, but I think it's still going to be painful to access a lot of the cool things that I see have been added since I was last subbed.

Just looking at furniture alone, there's lots of really great looking things, but a lot of them cost more than 20 doubs. That's over $5 and I think as high as $10 for just 1 piece of furniture. I just can't really see myself decorating my house or ships the way I used to be able to on Midnight.

I'd love to see something like an annual "DLC" that cut down those delivery fees, even if it meant that items bought with that DLC were untradable.
Cire
Purple Squid Brigade, Inglorious Fandango

Nemo says, "Cire has figured me out..."

[Sep 14, 2017 4:08:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 117   Pages: 4   [ First Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates