• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 44
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 18733 times and has 43 replies Next Thread
MorganaP

One pirate Reply to this Post

This is the one type of post I never expected to be making. My name is Morgana or Morgs depending on which ocean I am playing on. I have been a player for over 13 years so many of you do know me.

For those who do know me, I am sure you will agree I am an honest player, whose stats are okay, not super but average but I am a loyal honest player who treats the game and the pirates on the game with respect, which in turn has earned me the respect of others.

So imagine my surprise a week ago when I attempted to log on, only to find my account had been banned for botting.
My first reaction was to check the date to see if it was April the first, because it had to be a joke.
Then I lodged an appeal confident that any OM would take a quick look at my stats and my playing record and see that my ban had to of been given but way of a false report. As with my stats I could only be described as the worlds worse botter.

Sadly my confidence
in being allowed to have my account back was quickly shattered, as I was told by the OM's I had botted and my only chance to return was to admit to it, and say which programs I was using and where I had got the programs. Now as I don't bot and have no such programs, I can not provide those answers, and I will not lie and say I have cheated when I haven't.

I then offered to give my computer log on details to the OM's so they could log on to my computer remotely and check my system themselves and see I have no botting programs and never have. This offer has been ignored as has my request for a phone number to ring support to try and clear this up quickly. As it stands now, I can not even check my financial status of my account to check my credit card details have indeed been cancelled and I will not be charged for a game I am no longer allowed to play.

My 13 years of game play counts for nothing and nor
does my record as a player. So to the pirate who chose to take something from me which I loved, and taint my name in the process I do hope you are happy.

To the players I have come to call friends over the years I thank your for the vast hours of game play and wish you well.

As for me I can only say again I have not botted at any time, and I have always played the game honesty and with respect for myself and others. but the powers that be have refused to speak to me on a personal level and I have been found guilty of a crime I have not committed with no chance to clear my name.

Fairwinds all

morgana / morgs

cross posted on cerulean and emerald
----------------------------------------
[Edit 3 times, last edit by MorganaP at Jul 16, 2017 5:18:29 AM]
[Jul 15, 2017 6:38:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
adlpirate

Re: One pirate Reply to this Post

Oh Morgs honey :(

I am absolutely GUTTED and FURIOUS that this has happened. I have known you for 15+ years and I have never seen anything but honesty and integrity in everything you do. I remember you taking my daughter back to the supermarket checkout because she had stolen a 20 cent chocolate. That is who you are.

The amount of respect you have for this game and the players in it tell me that you could never cheat (that and I have been on your computer, so I know you havent got stuff on it that you shouldnt have)

You are greatly respected by all you come across, in game and out and I find it disgusting that you are being forced to lie and say you cheated or go without the game that you introduced me too all those years ago, a game that you have put your heart into at every turn. You have been loyal to the game, to your crews and to your hearties and for that I, as your Emerald Captain, thank you for.

I have to wonder at the people who review these things. Have you upset one of them somehow? Because it is beginning to sound like personal bias against you and that is just wrong.

Anyone with an OUNCE of common sense or intelligence can see that you dont bot. Anyone who knows you, knows you are no cheat.

You will be missed my dear friend.

Fyreside/ Capsized
~~Fyreside~~
[Jul 15, 2017 6:58:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Tygrrblue

I'm really not sure where anyone could think you cheat ?? Why cheat to get consistently "goods" and a few "excellents" ? If you cheated, surely you'd have GMs, Legs, and Ults. I mean really ...

I have been to your house. I have seen you play. You do a lot of work if you're having something else do the work for you !!

This whole ordeal has certainly tainted my view of the game. The fact that the onus is on you to prove you're not using a cheat, instead of them proving you are, is frustrating, but when you even offer the game to have REMOTE ACCESS to your computer to prove it --- and they send a form letter telling you to admit to botting -- it does shatter your confidence in what is supposed to be a reputable game.

I will be checking my subscription and making sure I'm not going to get charged automatically in future. I don't think a game that bans honest players without listening to them should be receiving any of my hard earned (honest) cash.

I think the OM in charge of the case needs to have a serious look at the absurdity of this. I thought that if you appealed you were supposed to have at least another 1 or 2 people look at your case. This has not appeared to happen either.

I really want to think they are mistaking you for another pirate with a similar name. Regardless, I don't wish this treatment on anyone.

I certainly hope the OM comes to their senses and reinstates your account. --
With an apology for all the trouble its caused.

Morgs --- For what it's worth --- I know you don't cheat. I know you're honest. I know how ludicrous this is.

I am truly sorry :(
Tygrr on Midnight/Cerulean and Emerald
Tygrrblue on Meridian

Usually found on Emerald

Barnabas the Pale says, "I occasionally call security if somebody is misbehaving."
[Jul 15, 2017 7:21:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Congratulations Fed, you have gotten an honest player banned from the game. You are now the cause for the ruin of our fair game, and I hope you rot.

I of course say this because you are in Majors crew, and Fed has continued to harass ANYONE with any connections. Including myself, when all I did was job for them a few times.

I have lost all faith in GH, the devs and the OMs.

This game is doomed and there is nothing us honest, hardworking and previously committed players can do to save it.

RIP another ol' salt

RIP YPP - 2003-2017
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jul 15, 2017 7:38:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
fourteen1414

Wow.

This is wrong on so many levels

Sigh
Fourteen global chats, "How do monsters like their eggs? terri-fried!"
Hera global chats, "I'm muting you Fourteen for terrible jokes."
[Jul 16, 2017 2:53:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Runkeerin

How anybody can think you're a botter is beyond me. I'm so sorry, Morgs. :( I hope your account gets reinstated, as it really seems no thought was put into this decision. Shame on you, whoever had the nerve to report.
Gone
[Jul 16, 2017 6:07:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

Morgs, you are not just one pirate.

You are a friend, a crewmate, a good heart. You are generous not only with your time but with whatever material aid you can offer. You've made me laugh and given me a strong shoulder when I was down.

I an only say that of all the wrongs I've seen done in the game over the years, this has got to be one of the dirtiest and lowest.

You are not alone mo chara.

#IamMorgana
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Jul 16, 2017 7:04:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
farmboy236

The ineptitude of those handling bans and their appeals seems to continue to hit new lows. I would bet every dollar I have that Morgana has only ever conducted herself in the most wholesome of fashions.

How long is it until I get banned for botting with no proof? Should I just cancel my subscription and cease doubloon purchases, now?
Majorjr on Cerulean
Littlemenjr on Meridian
Major on Emerald

Aristoza greeter chats, "Hello! I'm an Ocean Master, an administrator of this game. Please shut yer trap"
[Jul 16, 2017 9:23:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

Congratulations Fed, you have gotten an honest player banned from the game. You are now the cause for the ruin of our fair game, and I hope you rot.

As annoying as Fedorov is, I think blaming him for this is a bridge too far.

While I find it hard to believe that Morgana was botting, as with all other situations, judgement on right/wrong should be saved until both sides are heard (if GH publicizes what happened from their point of view).
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Jul 16, 2017 9:44:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

First let me thank you all for the support shown to me, it means more than words can say.

Secondly, I very much doubt that anyone from GH will make comment and as they have not given me any reasons for how they have decided I must be botting in the emails I have had from them just the belief that I am botting, I would be surprised to see them give reasons here, as much as I would dearly love to see the reasoning behind this ban and I do believe it would help ensure this does not happen to anyone else, I do not see such a post happening.

I have no idea who was the pirate who made a botting report against me, and I refuse to lay blame against anyone without proof. ( that is to close to what is happening to me, and I would not wish this on anyone )

I no longer expect to get my account back, the quick solution I expected a week ago has not happened and it is very clear from the little contact I have had from GH my appeal is unlikely to be successful, more so due to the fact I have not provided a list of botting programs and details of where I got such programs ( again I can not provide what I do not have ).

Morgana
[Jul 16, 2017 3:31:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Eyes

Is there any pirate in the game Federov hasn't reported? haha

[Jul 16, 2017 4:35:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
RonenOsden

Is there any pirate in the game Federov hasn't reported? haha

No.
Cptnronen Born And Raised On The Cobalt Ocean
Avatar created by the amazing Cattrin.
[Jul 16, 2017 6:00:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://www.twitch.tv/RonenOsden [Link]  Go to top 
TexasBeesh

I cannot even believe this. This is horrible and scary that they ban someone with no proof. This could happen to anyone in that case.

GH really needs to look into this again. Is this to be the precedence they are going to set?

GH has taken a very long time to ban REAL botters and REAL evaders, so I always had faith they took banning someone seriously. This to me is a massive let down.
Seatexan - on the Midnight side of Cerulean
LOW RACK PRICES AT DRESSED TO KILL - NAMATH
Always looking for Pollack Sloops!
[Jul 17, 2017 7:17:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Gorillabuddy

I don't know Morgana personally, but this is the first ban-related post where I genuinely believe the person is telling the truth, and I think it really calls into question what GH is doing with their anti-cheating measures.

Whatever GH saw that made them think Morgana was botting, they should definitely look into in further detail. As bad as botting is for the game, banning honest players is far worse. I would rather see 50 botters go unpunished than have 1 honest player banned, personally.
Pliskin of Cerulean

[Jul 17, 2017 8:28:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

There is no way Morgana would have ever have done anything like this. I have recently heard of others in the last week who are long term players that have had the exact same thing happen to them - none of which would have ever even considered botting.

I cannot help think this is all reminiscent of the time when they mass-banned a lot of pirates over supposedly bilge botting and it took an age for them to re-instate people who had indeed not done anything like that.

Botters should be banned period. But falsly banning people who haven't botted is not only going to lose GH good players but also only serve to upset a longer standing community of pirates and put them off playing also.

GH needs to look at what has happened over the last few weeks since the opening of Obsidian and re-evaluate in instances such as this one of Morgana's and others who are in similar circumstances.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jul 17, 2017 10:20:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

This kills me to say but, my appeal has been unsuccessful with receiving another form letter from GH telling me yet again that I have cheated, but again failing to tell me how I have cheated and failing yet again to provide me with any proof that my credit card details have indeed been cancelled. ( I would suggest that any pirate who currently has automatic payments set up, seriously reconsider having that payment system in place)

No offers I have made to GH to try and clear this matter up have been acted on. I would of thought offering remote access who of cleared the matter quickly, but that offer has been ignored.

I can only hope that for others the appeals process is improved, but in my case it has been lacking and totally unjust.

So on a final note to all the people who made the last 13 plus years so enjoyable, I do thank you and wish you all well.

Fair winds Pirates.

Morgana
[Jul 17, 2017 8:19:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Phaerie2

With the limited gaming I do online, when I log out of the game, I'm out and don't think about it until my next log in. Not so in this case. This entire situation has been really bothering me.

I do understand that there is a need for firm governance of players. I do understand that there needs to be an enforcement of the rules that deters any disruption or distress for those that observe the rules and play together fairly and well.

However,

I cannot understand a system that will try and convict a player without some form of recourse in case a mistake may have been made and they were wrongfully accused. In the case of a well-established player with an impeccable reputation a suspension should be the first step, not an all-out ban.

If a player has been accused by a peer, then the onus should be on the accuser to present their evidence of foul play rather than just finger pointing. If the accusation proves to be false, then the accuser needs to answer for themselves.

If a player takes their situation to the forum this should then put the case up for public peer consumption, with all facts and evidence presented by both sides.

The facts should be laid out and proven as regards what has determined their guilt.

The accused should be allowed to face their accuser.

No action should be taken against any individual until their guilt has been ABSOLUTELY proven by either the accuser or the person with the power to ban.

I'm sure there are better minds than mine that will pick apart my message, but I just cannot stay quiet about this, I would not feel right just sitting at my keyboard and not saying anything.
Phaerie: Obsidian and Cerulean Phaeirie: Emerald
[Edit 2 times, last edit by Phaerie2 at Jul 18, 2017 6:47:53 AM]
[Jul 18, 2017 6:45:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hurrai

This is absolutely sickening, whilst I'm making an assumptions without any clear evidence.. if there is no evidence in regards to the reason of the ban then it should not sit.

Somebody may have legitimately suspected you for botting and reported, that is fine and to be accepted. You don't ban somebody without clear evidence however, it's the real life equivilant of putting somebody to the guillotine without a fair trial or case.

And to have played and supported the game for such an extensive period makes it even worse..

If this is the case, somebody is pocketing cash and doing an inefficient job.. sack or train please! Make Ypp great again.
~ Hurrai on all Oceans

~ Avatar made by Brittaney
[Jul 20, 2017 5:52:21 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Dexla

I find this all to be completely "booty" backwards. Confess first, then provide us with the evidence to justify our banning you. WTH system works this way?
I'm sorry, but shouldn't GH be doing their investigation, and have solid evidence of wrong-doing, BEFORE convicting someone of a crime? And if they won't disclose their "proof", then the lack of transparency reeks of collusion.

Our paths only crossed a few times Morgana, but I'm sad to see this happen to you. I don't know if you can access your account info via the "Account login" at the top of the website (under Help), but you might be able to cancel your sub and remove your credit card info from there.
Dexla d'Midnight
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Dexla at Jul 20, 2017 7:03:40 AM]
[Jul 20, 2017 6:58:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
CarrianneLuv

Could we start a petition perhaps? This is insane.
~Punki
Cerulean
[Jul 20, 2017 10:16:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
mari_

Could we start a petition perhaps? This is insane.

It needs looking at, as per my previous posts it seems to be more than just Morgs and from what I have been told it's the same situation - no evidence provided, and it's people who would not and never have botted, all seeming to be longer term players too :(

I do hope they actually look at this and see that there has clearly been a mistake made with these players.
Calamarie - now also in Obsidian flavour!
Dignity - Emerald

"Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

The Shadow is in my very core ;)
[Jul 20, 2017 10:33:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
tagline

This is completely scuppered.

With all the the cheating, morally bankrupt, nauseating booty-bags in this game you refuse to deal with, you have chosen to ban a legit player and decent person.

I imagine a similar scenario with a sinking ship. The seacock is open and the engineer will close it, just as soon as he's finished fixing the icemaker.

Come on GH, get your barnacle in a pile.

--Tag
-- Tagline

Fail

For posterity's sake, I'll try to leave a legible fossil record.
[Jul 20, 2017 11:41:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Markus1

Mindblown.

Only thing I can think of would be if someone else had gotten into Morgs account (or an linked account) and botted.

Morgs is probably the last person I'd suspect of boting/cheating.
Zingman

Siochan Leat -- Carpe Noctem -- forever Midnight
[Jul 23, 2017 4:29:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Halfbrain5

Mindblown.

Only thing I can think of would be if someone else had gotten into Morgs account (or an linked account) and botted.

Morgs is probably the last person I'd suspect of boting/cheating.

or someone else was caught cheating & rather than name the person they actually got the program from named her for some reason known to them. I am good at jumping to conclusions so I could think of several.

anybody who has had arguments with their virus software about whether Puzzle Pirates is safe has encountered a heuristic -"is a technique designed for solving a problem more quickly when classic methods are too slow, or for finding an approximate solution when classic methods fail to find any exact solution. This is achieved by trading optimality, completeness, accuracy, or precision for speed. In a way, it can be considered a shortcut."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_(computer_science)

or in other words, a program is considered unsafe until proven safe. it could be the same logic is being used here and in the cases previously mentioned in this thread. the sad truth is it is next to impossible to prove honesty and only one "fact" is needed to prove cheating.
Doggbreath, Rogues Riding Sell me your ink! any Cerulean island 500/unit

Yer daily horoscope reads: Investing in insane dogs will result in good health

Ohiya says, "By the way how many curly toads does it take to make curly toad slippers
[Jul 24, 2017 9:43:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
MorganaP

The sad fact is I am not the only pirate to have been banned for the same reason, a number of long term players have been hit by the ban stick, and that ban stick has been yielded by the same OM every time.

as for checking my account in regards to my payment details, what happens now is when I log on to that area, I am redirected to the generic pirates page found on the net, and of course my emails to support asking if my card details have been canceled have gone unanswered.

Thanks again all for the continued support

Morgana.
[Jul 25, 2017 4:36:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Hazordous

Hello,

I am known as Bythestars on emerald and obsidian. I don't know you well morgs, but we've crossed paths a couple times and you strike me as a respectful and honest player. You defended me once as a new bomber on a kh when someone was being rude. I think we are still hearties, which resulted from that encounter. Your story could be my story word for word. I was also banned for botting, which I discovered on the 18th, and it sounds like I had a very similar exchange with ypp support. I said hello there's been some mistake, and they said sorry we don't believe you, our logs say you botted. Maybe we'll unbann you if you can tell us all about the bot you used. They wouldn't even tell me which ocean I am accused of botting on.

I didn't use a bot and I too refuse to lie and take credit for something I didn't do. I also considered offering them acces to my computer, but didn't extend the offer because it didn't seem like it would do any good. If it would help to prove my innocence I would certainly give them that access. I have played this game for around 7 years, over two of them as Bythestars when my original pirate was deleted by the servers. I can offer you no help, just maybe the support of knowing that you are not alone. I am very disappointed to have been given no consideration or benefit of the doubt having always been an honest player. I thought for sure all they would need to do was look at my pirate and my history to see that it didn't make sense. I can only hope that whatever is going on will get resolved, and they will see that they made some mistakes.

Best of luck,
Bythestars
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Hazordous at Jul 25, 2017 8:38:45 AM]
[Jul 25, 2017 8:22:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
uzi

I just read this and I remember Morgana as a fine pirate who would never do what she is being accused of.
Why would someone play for 13 years and then cheat? Where is the common sense in that?

This is pretty scary stuff to read since I have been around since the start, and really do not like what I am reading here. I rarely even visit the forums anymore since they became a place to get bashed and battered.

They seem better now, but I am really sorry to read this thread. I still have fun when I log on, and it is a bit tainted now. I hope you will be vindicated on this one Morgana.

*sad face here*

Uzi and Storm
Since the beginning of time.
Still hanging 10 through life and looking for the endless summmer.
[Jul 25, 2017 8:25:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
v76odessa

Logic normally does not always apply when it comes to this sort of stuff. Really does suck when people get banned for things that they have never done nor would need to do.
Vova

Home at Dies Irae.

Harrjm tells you " I always wished I could grow up to be you"
[Jul 27, 2017 7:08:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Scarpath

I've heard that some mice can trigger the bot detection. It's grasping at straws here, but at this point I'm both pissed at the OMs and really wishing that people like you could just play the game.

If you have a mouse that changes DPI, perhaps try sending pictures of that into support as your 'botting software'. Also see if videos of you playing with that mouse would help.

I really hope that the OMs get better at this whole botting detection thing in the future. It pisses me off to see good people dissipating while the bad just get more and more common.
Scarpath on Emerald, Cerulean, and Meridian!

Also Scarpath on Obsidian, Defiant to the core.

Your grammar should at least be as good as mine, take the time to make it decent!
[Aug 21, 2017 2:06:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
majestrate

I've heard that some mice can trigger the bot detection. It's grasping at straws here, but at this point I'm both pissed at the OMs and really wishing that people like you could just play the game.

If you have a mouse that changes DPI, perhaps try sending pictures of that into support as your 'botting software'. Also see if videos of you playing with that mouse would help.

I really hope that the OMs get better at this whole botting detection thing in the future. It pisses me off to see good people dissipating while the bad just get more and more common.

OMs = Ocean Masters, the people that address petitions and provide in-game support when on-duty

Devs = Programmers

It's really not that difficult to discern between the two. OMs get enough crap already, no need in laying things at their feet that they have no control over.
#TeamEvil
Marto wrote: 
We can't rely on majestrate he yells at people

Avatar by the gracious and wonderful Phaerie <3
[Aug 21, 2017 2:23:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    first_majestrate    majestrait [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 44   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates