• Play
  • About
  • News
  • Forums
  • Yppedia
  • Help
Welcome Guest   | Login
  Index  | Recent Threads  | Register  | Search  | Help  | RSS feeds  | View Unanswered Threads  
  Search  

Quick Go »
Thread Status: Normal
Total posts in this thread: 49
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Add To My Favorites] [Watch this Thread] [Post new Thread]
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 16100 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
pegasiswolf

XMAS IN JULY 2017 - July 7th - 24hr grandfrig pilly - TONS of PRIZES Reply to this Post

as always.....it will be 24 hr NONSTOP pillage on a GRANDFRIG ...

there will be AT LEAST 15 FAMILIARS to win this year!!!!

date is set to start July 7, 2017.. at 10am game time ... and end July 8, 2017.. at 10am game time.. so it should not interfere with any blockades (jobbing offer goes up 9:30am!!)

the format will be generally the SAME as previous years...

Xmas in July 2011
Xmas in July 2012
Xmas in July 2013
Xmas in July 2014
Xmas in July 2015
Xmas in July 2016

we sail nonstop.. get into battles along the way... like a regular pillage.. with 4 main differences....

1) everyone that comes.. will be given a FREE red candycane outfit (red stripeys)

2) we will also have hundreds of SMALL items that will be passed out RANDOMLY as 'stocking stuffers' by the "elves' all day

3) every few minutes.. we will be doing trivia word games, station challenges, and other fun things to win 1 of 400 wrapped presents ... that could be familiars--ships--pets--furniture--OM items--poe--dubs --or other great items ... (check back for the sneak peak later in this same thread)

4) we will be keeping track of duty reports and giving out points based on performance.... with prizes for the overall top 4 scores in EACH station type (so the longer u stay the more points u can rack up.. points do NOT have to be consecutive.. yes you may leave and then come back.. so hop on often)

Points will be given as follows:
2 pts. for each Incredible
1 pt. for each Excellent

***points for gunning station will be scored differently (and will NOT count towards the 'combined overall score') (more information on this later... as we work out the changes to the scoring tool)

SCORING WILL BE AUTOMATED... that means we will only need a momentary pause at each DR to tally..

a PRELIMINARY PRIZE LIST is as follows:

Top combined OVERALL score (regardless of station(s)) will Win a PLUM-COLORED LE OCTOPUS named Sugarplum!!!!!

Top MALE pirate will win a Green /Tan PARROT FAMILIAR!!
Top FEMALE pirate will win a Red /Tan PARROT FAMILIAR!!

(note: there will be THREE overall winners... so technically one of the winners will be the 2nd place overall for their gender)

the 3 top winners will have a PORTRAIT taken with Santa (peg) titled "Xmas in July 2016 Winners" taken....(a framed copy will be placed in our HALL OF FAME onboard the Event ship for posterity...and each will receive a copy for their portrait page)

The pirate that stays the LONGEST will win a BLACK OCTOPUS named 'Coal'!!! you MUST be onboard when we set sail and can NOT leave the ship for ANY reason (if there is a TIE for longest, we will use an onboard gaming table to determine the winner, ie., each pirate spinning the roulette wheel once and highest number wins! smaller but significant prizes will be given to those that do not win the playoff)

1st place Sails -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Rigs -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Carp -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Patching -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Bilge -Yuletide Class Sloop
1st place Guns -Yuletide Class Sloop

2nd place Sails -Arctic Class Sloop
2nd place Rigs -Arctic Class Sloop
2nd place Carp -Arctic Class Sloop
2nd place Patching -Arctic Class Sloop
2nd place Bilge -Arctic Class Sloop
2nd place Guns -Arctic Class Sloop

3rd place Sails - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Rigs - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Carp - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Patching - Red /GreenDecorated sloop
3rd place Bilge - Red /Green Decorated sloop
3rd place Guns - Red /GreenDecorated sloop

4th place Sails - Plain sloop
4th place Rigs - Plain sloop
4th place Carp - Plain sloop
4th place Patching - Plain sloop
4th place Bilge - Plain sloop
4th place Guns - Plain sloop

There will also be "S E C R E T - T R I G G E R " prizes (special prizes) - including but not limited to:

-Wine/white SPIDER FAMILIAR -named "Xmas Cheer"
-TAN OCTOPUS FAMILIAR
-GREEN KRAKLING FAMILIAR named "Mistletoe"
-'Golden Nugget' - Banana/Black custom renamed sloop with Treasure and other decorations, corsairs helm/cannons, dragon figurehead
-Ghost small dog

There will be 400 wrapped presents this year!!!

Present(s) will be won every few minutes.. (400 in 24hrs.. averages 16+ per hour)....for various reasons (could be top good on carp this league.... could be XMAS TRIVIA... WORD PUZZLE...could be 1st/14th/37th and 87th in treasure haul lol.... could be the first person to show me a requested item... could be ANYTHING THAT POPS IN MY HEAD.... something for all skills levels).. the winner will win C H O I C E of ANY numbered pressie onboard.... so its totally FAIR... pick carefully :)

We will also have portrait easels onboard ... take a portrait to commemorate ur participation... (just ask if you would like 'Santa' or one of the 'Elves' to join your portrait)

There will even be 4 "Portrait with Santa" prizes wrapped up!!!

I will make a separate comment with a sneak peak at SOME of the wrapped prizes later!!!

MARK UR CALENDARS NOW .. so u dont miss out !!!

-----if you have anything to donate as prizes... or would like to be an "Elf"...plz contact Pegasiswolf in-game (and ONLY Pegasiswolf.. if anyone else claims to be accepting donations for xmas in july.. plz... use /complain)...

this is really a group effort... can use all the help we can get .. ty ty :) -------

(i will EDIT and update this same thread with more info often... so feel free to bookmark this page to stay informed)
----------------------------------------
Pegasiswolf- Captain of Dream Catchers and Queen of Fleet of Dreams -Emerald

host of XMAS IN JULY event

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Mar 26, 2017 11:28:16 PM]
[Mar 25, 2017 8:54:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Re: XMAS IN JULY 2017 - July 7th - 24hr grandfrig pilly - TONS of PRIZES Reply to this Post

I will make a separate comment with a sneak peak at SOME of the wrapped prizes later!!!

so here are a FEW of the many things that can be among the 400 wrapped pressies this year!! (in ADDITION to all the great familiars and ships that can be won as station prizes and secret triggers)

8 familiars! (so far)
SPIDER
SERPENT
4 KRAKLINGS
IPPOLITO
LOBSTER

over 30 ships! (so far)
many randomly painted or accessorized sloops
many LE ships... including...
5 LE-colored SEALED DEEDS (sloops... dhow... warbrig.. and warfrig)
LE-colored sloops
Rogue class sloops
Cursed class sloops
4 Yuletide class sloops
Scrooge class sloops
Lovestruck class sloops
Olympus class sloops
Howl class sloops
Frost class sloops and longship
Dragon class fanchuan
Calamty class cutter

lots of great PETS! including...
many black and gold dogs.. cats.. hedgehogs.. pigs.. seals..elephants
pelicans
gators
sea turtles
LE penguins
tigers and big cats
... others

wrapped badges (parlor, bravery, labor)

LE chromas

LE furniture

Nice Sword and bludgeon weapons

game tables

shipboard furniture

eggs (including some very rare ones)

specially magicked up just for XMAS IN JULY OM EGGS including Clotho...Forculus... Cronus...Nemesis..Demeter... Aptropos....

specially magicked up just for XMAS IN JULY Greenbones RINGER EGGS

Greenbones also helped wrap up some kewl furniture ...
Jade Dragon... and a ROSE/WHITE Manticore Tail !!...

also some specially magicked up SF/rumble dummies of Hera....Clotho... Nemesis...

Rogue Marks (in groups of 6.. perfect for a sloop rename!)

some special trinkets that say things like....
"you have won a complete outfit"
"you have won a photo with santa" (2-person portrait with peg)
"you have won 10 dubs"
"you have won 25 dubs"
"you have won 25,000 poe"
"you have won 50,000 poe"
"you have won 250,000 poe"
"you have won 1 MILLION poe!"

and MANY OTHER great things to win...(and still wrapping up more!!!)

(if you have items to donate... send me a PM or contact PEGASISWOLF in-game plz... ty ty)

"maintaining a positive attitude may not fix all of lifes problems, but it should annoy enough ppl to make it worth the effort"
[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Apr 18, 2017 11:18:18 PM]
[Mar 27, 2017 11:12:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Re: XMAS IN JULY 2017 - July 7th - 24hr grandfrig pilly - TONS of PRIZES Reply to this Post

I am still in need of about 80 more prizes to wrap up!!!

If anyone has items to donate for the event... plz send me a PM or catch me in-game...

[May 10, 2017 11:05:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

as many have heard...

My hard drive crashed and I lost ALL of my documentation for XMAS IN JULY... a years worth of prep ... GONE....

NO WORRIES... .the event WILL still be happening!!!!!!

the pressies will be re-wrapped... the trivia and word puzzles will be re-written... and everything will be ready in time for the event.....

If anyone would like to ASSIST with the prep... let me know...

still need more items to wrap up as pressies also.... so if you have items to donate... plz send me a PM here or ingame or on fb....

and THANK YOU to all the elves for helping with this chaos :) bad santa for not backing up those files...bad!!

[May 28, 2017 9:23:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
altheacat

Pegs love I've been stupidly busy in r/l but I do log on on and off, I have a few bits and pieces for you and would be delighted to help you wrap them. I'll look for you. As usual I won't be able to join in much ( weekends are a bit rubbish for me, play-wise ) but my thoughts will be with you
Noushka still of Sage

SO of Privateers
Lady of the Black Flag
[May 31, 2017 3:55:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

ok...

so far... we have

17 familiars to win

and

100 ships to win

and HUNDREDS of other great prizes!!!!!

[Jun 1, 2017 10:23:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

if you are planning on trying to win Coal...the Black Octopus Familiar and truely plan to try to stay the ENTIRE 24hrs..... send me a PM or /tell ... or reply here.... so that I can get your name on the PREJOB list. ... remember jobbing offer goes up at 930am gametime .... so i will be prejobbing immediately before that...

also.. if you are GM or above .. and would like to take a shift Bnaving.... let me know... so we can get u into the rotation :)

[Jun 13, 2017 7:53:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Tejb5

I stay up for about 4 days at a time, this octo is as good as mine :D sign me up.
-Shigby
Royal in MKA
[Jun 14, 2017 10:51:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I stay up for about 4 days at a time, this octo is as good as mine :D sign me up.

got ya on the list hun... be ready to be jobbed at 9:20 gametime :)

[Jun 15, 2017 2:01:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

I should be able to pop on for some artsy fun. I'll mark my calendar this time so I don't forget!
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 1 times, last edit by cattrin at Jun 15, 2017 9:18:36 AM]
[Jun 15, 2017 9:18:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I should be able to pop on for some artsy fun. I'll mark my calendar this time so I don't forget!

YAYYYY.... everyone LOVES all the great art you make during the event.... lots of fun!!!

[Jun 18, 2017 8:15:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Luxory

I've always said xmas should be in July anyway.

24 hours? Easy i'm in.
Luxory on Obsidian.
Aristoza flag royalty chats, "Ro initiated all the greenies by getting them on one big ship and sinking them all at once"
Positive Penguins
[Jun 19, 2017 5:30:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Yanojr

add me on prejob list xD i can stay 24 hrs on the 7th
[Jun 19, 2017 10:02:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

add me on prejob list xD i can stay 24 hrs on the 7th

added Yanojr to the list

[Edit 1 times, last edit by pegasiswolf at Jun 19, 2017 12:25:02 PM]
[Jun 19, 2017 12:22:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

I've always said xmas should be in July anyway.

24 hours? Easy i'm in.

added Luxory to the list :)

[Jun 19, 2017 12:23:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Taskbeta

Adminelf will be there too! *winks*
Bisca - Obsidian Ocean - former Emerald Ocean

Avvy by: Jumar
[Jun 19, 2017 1:20:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

Adminelf will be there too! *winks*

YES YES.....we would be LOST without Adminelf!!!

[Jun 19, 2017 1:43:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Sharkfeeder2

Add sharkfeeder and queenisis to the prejob list please
[Jun 27, 2017 11:52:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

done :)

remember to be online and ready for the /job about 9:20am gametime on july 7th

[Jun 29, 2017 11:53:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Kriegers6

The good doctor intends on being there from start to finish
Dr. Kriegers of Emerald
Pillage Battle Navigation Enthusiast!
[Jun 30, 2017 4:31:35 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

The good doctor intends on being there from start to finish

ok... got u on the prejob list.... i also have u on the bnav list :)

[Jun 30, 2017 11:27:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Vettias

Sign me up
in game name: Vettias
[Jul 4, 2017 11:45:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

I would like to join please. Thank ye! =) -- Opsat
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Jul 5, 2017 5:00:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

everyone is welcome to hop on at anytime via the voyages tab all day long....

if you are planning on trying to stay the ENTIRE 24hrs and try to win the black octo.... then i will /job you prior to putting the jobbing notice up....

just let me know if u need to be prejobbed :)

[Jul 5, 2017 7:08:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
pegasiswolf

REMINDER---

the BNAV will be rotated all day long... if you are GM or higher you are welcome to take the helm for some battles.... let me or another elf know and we will get you into the bnav rotation

[Jul 5, 2017 7:11:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    Hidden to Guest    https://www.facebook.com/victoria.wittren    pegasiswolf [Link]  Go to top 
Kevinstar

Early Invite please!!!

Kevinstar
[Jul 7, 2017 12:09:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Opsat

everyone is welcome to hop on at anytime via the voyages tab all day long....

if you are planning on trying to stay the ENTIRE 24hrs and try to win the black octo.... then i will /job you prior to putting the jobbing notice up....

just let me know if u need to be prejobbed :)

I guess I can try for that. Please prejob. =)
Opsat on all oceans.
(Also Opsat-East on Emerald and Meridian, and Opsat-West on Cerulean.)
And on Obsidian: Opsat, Meghost, and Meshadow.
[Jul 7, 2017 5:01:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
Kevinstar

I will figure out you secret triggers if its the last thing I DO!!! HAHAHA
[Jul 7, 2017 2:34:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
cattrin

Doodles from the voyage!

"Runkeerin rockin' around the christmas tree on her rocking pony!"

I'm fairly certain those are not sized for adults. Poor pony.

"Adminelf holding wine and eating a candy cane while being bothered by her monkey."

"Pegasiswolf and Clotho swordfighting with candy canes."

"Santa towing two kids back home who tried to shanghai his ship."

"Redeyeddevil in a turkey coma in a snow globe!"

"A kraken decorating a Christmas tree!"

By popular demand: a reindeer with three peglegs, two eyepatches, a starfish, a hook, a wreathe and stockings.

Queenisis being a pro at bilge!

It was great to draw for you all for another year! I hope you enjoyed them. :)

For anyone featured in a drawing, if you so choose, you can certainly resize to 150px and use as a forum avatar. I'd be flattered!
Cattrin of Cerulean
Avatar by Apollo (we miss you :c), Blakbead, Angelira, Coriander, and Accelerator!

X tells ye, "Stop yo drawing fool!"

[Edit 9 times, last edit by cattrin at Jul 8, 2017 9:45:30 AM]
[Jul 7, 2017 4:05:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message [Link]  Go to top 
lilymoon

Lovely drawings Cattrin!

Thank ye for so much fun this year PegasiSanta and her elves! I had a blast!

And an extra SQUEEE!! for putting in a Muppet Christmas Carol question!! <3
Faeree ~ Illustrious Wanderer on all oceans ~
Apollo wrote: 
(Is it wrong that I'm now just a tiny bit in love with Faeree's brother?)

[Edit 1 times, last edit by lilymoon at Jul 8, 2017 9:37:39 AM]
[Jul 8, 2017 9:37:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post        Send Private Message    http://yppedia.puzzlepirates.com/Faeree [Link]  Go to top 
Posts: 49   Pages: 2   [ First Page | 1 2 | Next Page | Last Page]
[Show Printable Version of Thread] [Post new Thread]

Puzzle Pirates™ © 2001-2016 Grey Havens, LLC All Rights Reserved.   Terms · Privacy · Affiliates